Ranks #5 (better than 87%)
In: Energy Supplements > Other Energy Supplements

Protein cookies is an Energy Supplement manufactured by MyProtein. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

Energy Supplements > Other Energy Supplements

March 23, 2017

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a protein cookie product and i tried this.

For one cookie at 75 grams, it's filled with 320 calories, 10 grams of fat, 20 gram of carbs (7 grams of it is sugar), and 37.50 grams of protein. I have looked for other similar products and noone of them this big amount of protein. It's a great meal replacement and will help you with your macros. Protein sources are milk protein, hydrolyzed gelatin and soy. I am not a big fan of gelatin and soy and i certainly wouldn't want to consume them every day, which is the only downside of the ingredient profile.

I had Double Chocolate Flavour just amazing guys, they nailed the taste for me. You will understand from the first time you eat this that this isn't a real cookie because the texture is a bit chewy (very little), despite that it is very soft, very chocolately and sweetness is on the proper amount (not too sweet). I always wanted to eat this any time of the day because it is so yummy. I mainly consuming this cookie mostly on the afternoons when i wasn't eating anything just to keep me full, as a meal replacement.

8.5/10
First of all this product is pretty convenient way to get your daily protein, you can eat this everywhere you want with absolutely zero preparation. I just opened and ate this. It gave me some energy boost and kept me full for about 3-4 hours which is pretty amazing (before trying this, i was expecting about 1-2 hours). Digestion problems were non-existent, no stomach pain, bloatness wasn't there at all and it definetely helped me with my protein macros (great amount of protein). I wanted to eat more of them but i must control my evil urges.

On the MyProtein website, 12 servings cost 23.49 Euros in my country (25.32 Dollars), but they offer some decent discounts sometimes. The best offer i have found is a 30% discount which drops the price to 16.44 Euros (17.72 Dollars). It's still pretty expensive for me (1.37 Euros per cookie).

Conclusion

Very Convenient product, Big amount of Protein, Taste was amazing, No Digestion Problems and it helped me to suppress my appetite for a considerably fair amount of time but Soy and Gelatin kept me having second thoughts and it is Pretty Expensive. Remove Soy and Gelatin, lower the price to 1 Euro per serving i would certainly reconsider buying this.
  • Nailed The Flavor
  • Double Chocolate Flavour: 10/10

July 22, 2015

------------

Claims

-------------------
A delicious baked cookie with over 50% protein content.

Ingredients

-------------
The flavor I received was Double Chocolate and contained the following ingredients:
Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Gelatine, Glycerine, Vegetable Oil, Chocolate Chips (Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Soya Lecithin), Soy Protein, Sugar, Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder, Oat Flour, Gum Acacia, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose.

1 cookie:
Protein 37.5g
Carbs 20g
Sugar 7g
Fiber 1g
Fat 10g

Taste / Texture

--------
Comes in 4 flavors: Double Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange, and White Almond. I received Double Chocolate and I absolutely loved these cookies.

Very soft! Very sweet! Very chocolatey! Very Satisfying!

Reminded me very much of the Grandma's brand cookies you can buy in vending machines. I found myself eating these usually in the evening when I just felt like another protein shake wouldn't cut it.

--------------------
Box of 12 individually wrapped cookies can be had from the MyProtein website for $24.99. So normal price is roughly $2 a cookie which I feel is a little on the high side. However, MyProtein does have some decent sales from time to time that would drop this into a much more reasonable range.

------------
Though I may not love the quality of the proteins chosen in the recipe, MyProtein nailed their claim of delivering a delicious protein cookie. In most cases, I found one cookie enough to completely satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and when it didn't, I ate a second one, albeit with a little guilt added.

-----------

Side Effects

-------------
Levels of personal guilt are directly proportional to the quantity of cookies consumed per sitting.

-----------

Final Words

-------------
This may be called a protein cookie, but as far as protein snacks are concerned, this is not what most bodybuilders, dieters or fitness gurus are looking for in a wholesome snack. Yes, it does contain much more protein than your average large soft cookie, but it also includes the sugar and other processed unmentionables that the more health conscious individuals try to avoid. However, if you just have to have something sweet, want a few more grams of protein in your daily diet and don't care what comes with it, this is a delicious choice.
  • No Corn Syrup Added
  • A Little High On Fats And Simple Carbs

June 22, 2015

I have had many different types of protein bars/cookies. One thing that I have noticed is finding a protein bar/cookie that doesnt have an odd texture or weird after taste is very rare. When you are always on the move and dont have much time to eat its nice to have a quality protein snack on hand such as protein cookies.

Each cookie contains 320 calories 37.5g of protein 20g of carbs 10g of fat. It is hard to find a protein bar/cookie that provides this much protein. Once again this company decided to add soy protein to their products, granted its not the primary protein source it still doesnt sit right with me having soy protein in my diet.

As with the protein bites these cookies have an odd texture and a foul taste. I was given a box of double chocolate chip and all I can say is the chocolate didnt taste like chocolate. Typically when you tell a kid they can have a cookie the kid takes you up on your offer, well I gave my son a piece and he threw it in the trash. So yes I feel its safe to say the flavoring along with the texture is a huge negative.

This isnt a product that you can feel working. The thing that I really enjoyed about these cookies was that one cookie would keep me full for many hours. The next huge plus about the cookies is that they are a convient way to get your daily protein and maintain a positive nitrogen balance throughout the day, help keeping you in an anobolic state. I never had any stomach issues but still putting soy protein in my body just makes me feel un easy.

Currently on bodybuilding.com you can get a box of 12 for $27.53 in my opinion thats a little too expensive. Granted you are getting more protein from this cookie than you are getting from most other similiar products of this type. Still I would think that by this company using soy protein there should be no reaon the price is this high because soy is cheap.

Conclusion

Am I a huge fan of this product no but that doesnt mean its a terrible product I'm just a diva. If they drop the soy and fix the flavor I could defenitly see myself buying theses in the future
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 37.5G Of Protein
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Soy And Gelatin Proteins

June 12, 2015

I love to have easy to use higher protein alternatives on hand for both snacking and convenience. Usually they don't come in cookie form - so I was excited to give this a go. Maybe not within the traditional mold of a high protein supplement because of the robust amount of other macros - perhaps a more "protein conscious" way to snack? And really, this shouldn't be used to make or break your nutritional strategy - more like a better way to sneak a little sin into the hermetic dietary practices that we force upon ourselves. But anyway, this should be a relatively short review since, you know, it's a freaking cookie, not rocket science, lol.

Serving Size: 1 cookie (75g)
Calories: 320
Protein: 37.5g
Fat: 10g
Carbs: 20g (1g fiber and 7g sugar)

Like many people, my go to protein bar is Quest Nutrition. So right off the bat you'll notice that the calories are twice as much - not a terrible thing in and of itself, but worth noting since these are so delicious, it's literally impossible to settle for eating just half. Not even joking. And even though a Quest bar is close in total weight (60g), the carbs are primarily fiber based isomalto-oligosacchardies which allows the label to cancel out most of the carbs, whereas this uses oat flour as the primary carb. This also has twice the fat and almost twice the protein, although it's worth looking at the protein sources.

The protein comes from milk protein, hydrolyzed gelatin and soy; I'm not a fan of gelatin or soy based proteins and in general, they are not as useful to us as whey. So you've got to consider that when selecting these - now I don't have a huge issue with their inclusion, but I wouldn't use either gelatin or soy on a daily basis as my primary protein. So compare that to Quest, which uses whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate as the primary protein sources.

To me, this fits the bill more as a meal replacement type product instead of a protein bar replacement product. It's a better choice than the typical candy-bar replacement protein bars that you get in the grocery store, for sure. It's also a more natural meal replacement that sports a pretty well balanced macro profile and uses relatively natural ingredients. So there's pluses and minuses on both sides. Perhaps it would be better to approach this for what it really is - and that's a cookie.

Like I said, 1 cookie=1 serving. It's is extremely moist and chewy - no surprise there with the higher fat content. And while these are baked, it's not quite the same texture and crunch as a normal cookie - more like (as in exactly like) a flattened and baked version of a Chocolate Quest bar. I had the double chocolate chip flavor and it was extremely chocolaty - exactly the right flavors. (There's no mystery that I burned through this box in record time - 12 cookies in 12 days, lol.) So you have to consider that as well - what good is a protein supplement if you don't look forward to eating it? I loved this. I ate this. I want more of this.

It's food - no more, no less. Since I loved eating it, I would rate it very effective. And I speculate that it delivered it's nutrients exactly as desired. There's no magic here, no special gainzzzzzz, just a great way to get a bit more protein in a pleasing cookie context. Mission accomplished!

One thing I would disagree with is that these are not really a great way to increase protein in your diet due to the other macros that come along with it. Granted, you do get 37g of protein, but I can get that from a scoop and a half of whey and almost none of the fat or carbs - so just keep that in mind. But if you can alter a meal to include one of these delicious little devils, well, then it's game on Skippy!

These normally sell for $24.99 for 12 cookies. Right now they're on sale for $17.49. Either way, they still are a relatively solid value coming in between $1.50-$2.00 per cookie, which is right in line with the higher quality protein bars that I purchase. Any higher and you're into what I call "YouBar" land where for $3.00 a bar you can get all natural hand made protein bars shipped fresh, which is really hard to beat for quality and effectiveness if price is not an issue. But overall, I think that the ability to fit a little pleasure into your diet and still get decent macros as well as taste and texture is quite high in value beyond the actual cost. I'd have no problem using one of these as my occasional dessert or cheat meal. Plus, these tended to fill me up, so there's also the added value that you may well find yourself eating a bit less due to the high satiety factor - not a trivial thing to consider and way more value than choking down glasses of fiber. (Although this isn't a high fiber snack.)

Conclusion

I think most people can go either way on these - the protein snobs/purists will not give it a go due to the soy and gelatin proteins. The OCD physique audience will never accept the high fat and carbs. But for normal recreational lifters, I think this is a totally acceptable addition to your food choices. Higher protein, great taste and texture, fair price, max convenience. That's a win in my book.
  • Nailed The Flavor

May 19, 2015

I recently put in a huge order through My Protein so you may see a few reviews pop up by me in the coming weeks. One of the products I knew I must try is their protein cookie. Besides for Quest I don't venture into much of the protein snack category since they're mostly loaded with sugar and protein fillers, not in this case.

Ingredient Profile 9/10

Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 37.5 g

Ingredients:
Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Gelatin, Glycerin, Vegetable Oil, White Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Soy Lecithin), Soy Protein, Sugar, Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder, Oat Flour, Gum Acacia, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose.

The macro's are good given you only have 7g of sugar in each cookie. The main protein source is Milk Protein with Soy Protein way down the ingredient list.

Taste 9/10

The worse part is I've only tried the double chocolate chip. They have 3 other flavors available in Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange, and White Chocolate Almond. If they taste anything like the double chocolate chip then they won't disappoint at all!This is a protein cookie so after chewing for a while the texture will remind you that it isn't a real cookie. You can't exactly except chips ahoy taste from a protein snack. None the less I enjoyed all 12 of them in a matter of a week they were so addicting.

It fills in my macro's when they're needed and helped me stay full after consuming it. Even though I wanted to continue eating more of them.

Value 8.8/10

The value of these come at a bargain to me. For a pack of 12 you're looking at $24.99 direct from the supplier. The value gets even better when you factor in a discount code can always be found to use.

Side Effects

No side effects to comment on.

Conclusion

My Protein is slowly building a strong supplement range in the US and they're coming on fast with great value, quality and innovative options. If you need help filling in your macros specifically in protein and want to kill that sweet tooth in one swing then these may just be for you.