Ranks #73 (better than 46%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Exceed is a BCAA manufactured by MyProtein. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
  December 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Dyes And Sweetener

I was looking for a pre (intra) workout without caffeine that would provide the wanted benefits without any side effects. Always interested in the scientific foundation behind the ingredients

Fairly low in cal's, very low in carbs and fat.
(BCAA 2:1:1 [leucine, isoleucine, valine), in the tested and tries composition. Beneficial for muscle growth over time. Reported stimulus effects, but not scientifically proven. Anti-fatigue effect, slightly fat reducing effects proven
Glutamine: Glutamine is proven as effective in intestinal and immune system health. The results on muscle building capacities are somewhat ambiguous with a tendency to no proven benefit at all
citrulline malate: fairly new. basically acid from apples and watermelon. This sounds ridiculous, but actually its not. It regulates NO, where a whole range of products is aimed at. Its similar to arginine, but some studies show it works better then arginine.
Bet-alanine; is shown to enhance muscular endurance and some careful results show positive effects in increasing lean mass. Excess dosage could lead to a harmless tingling sensation . Maybe this is what some people describe as a needle and pin type of feeling in other reviews.
Electrolyte powder (natriumchloride, kaliumsulfaat, calcium-di-fosfaat, magnesiumoxide): Excessive sweating reduces certain minerals in your body. The addition of electrolytes to a pre-work out supplements seems logical.
Sweetener (Sucralose not in naturel flavour ),
vitamine B5 (panthoten acid) : Boosts energy, can prevent muscle cramp and is just a really -good for your overall health - vitamin.
Additives: Citric acid (in flavors : Berry Blast & Tropical Storm), coloring (Beetroot: Berry Blast], anthocyane [Berry Blast], carotene [Tropical Storm]). I am not really sure on the negatives concerning these additives. I know some people prefer unflavoured supplements because the try to avoid sweeteners and dyes. I'm not really sure why dyes should be that bad.
I always look at Labdoor to get some unbiased feedback on the quality of the ingredients. Exceed is not reviewed on Labdoor yet, but most of the products from Myprotein are. The BCAA's which make up a part of this supplement score an A on value and quality. Not sure on the other ingredients, but Myprotein products score fairly good at Labdoor.

I tried the berry blast. The taste is good. The aftertaste is a bit bitter, like with most (of not all) BCAA containing supplements.

The effectiveness is apparent. I felt increased energy during workout and made it through my workouts without any crash near the end. I tried some other workouts before that did give me a feeling that I hit a brick wall near the end of my workout. No dry mouth, or the sensation that makes you addicted to taking sips during you whole workout. This is probably due to the added electrolytes. Some pre/intra workout products had that effect on me. This product made my bottle last my whole workout. Some people talk about increased focus. I'm not sure how I should interpret that, but I did notice increased energy and power just as a pre workout is supposed to. With Exceed I make it through my workout without any revulsion near the end, as you find it harder and harder to push those last couple of reps out.

The value is allright. The supplement is not cheap, but if you are prepared to pay for a premium supplement, which in my opinions this is, it's not that expensive. In the upper quality range of products, this one is modestly priced.

Side Effects

When trying other kinds of pre workout supplements, I experencied some side-effects. A dry mouth, bloated feeling and a crash and burn type feeling at the end of a workout. Exceed gives me none of these side effects.

Conclusion

The ingredient balance in Exceed seems good and perfect for a pre-workout. The price is allright and the effects are significant. Most importantly, Exceed had no side effects at all. I was looking for a great pre-workout supplement for a good price. Exceed delivers in all aspects.

• McGilla
    TROOPer Level: 38
    December 3, 2016

Need way more content brah.

• deBruijn
    TROOPer Level: 5
    December 3, 2016

Content on the effectiveness?

• McGilla
    TROOPer Level: 38
    December 3, 2016

Yes sir. Two lines doesn't tell much.

• pancow
    TROOPer Level: 67
    December 3, 2016 - Last Edited: 2016-12-03 19:11:04

Looks good now (I'm guessing I read the edited version). Keep the content quality good like this. I will note to try and find the cheapest price for this product online to compare with when talking of value. Other than that still good.