Milk Protein Smooth Reviews

By: MyProtein

Ranks #17 (better than 69%)
In: Protein > Blended Protein

Milk Protein Smooth is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by MyProtein. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Protein > Blended Protein

kaka
TROOPer Level: 5
  March 18, 2017

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a milk concentrate protein.

Milk protein contains about 80% slow digesting casein and 20% quick absorbing whey protein. I chose Milk Protein because it's cheaper than Micellar Casein or from Calcium Caseinate but if you have lactose intolerance and want more slower digestion than this better choose the latter two (both are separated from the lactose in milk). For one scoop at 30 grams, it's filled with 106 calories, 0.50 grams of fat, 1.50 gram of carbs & sugar, and 24 grams of protein (on unflavored version). If you choose this protein with flavor, protein percentage expectantly drops by 7%-10% (depending on the flavor). It's not the cleanest protein out there but it's not amino spiked and hasn't got a ton of fillers.

i had the Chocolate Smooth flavor which is pretty good. It doesn't have that strong chocolate flavor i have experienced in other proteins. Very easy to drink this. In my tastes is a mix of Chocolate and a bit like Vanilla taste which i personally like. I shook this about 30 seconds and mixability was great, no clumps or grittiness at all. I usually used to take this one hour before bedtime but sometimes i took this on college. Dosing was one scoop.

8.5/10
When i drank this on the night i didn't had to wake up to eat from the fridge and i wasn't hungry at all on the next morning. Recovery was pretty good i could feel less tired the next day compared as without it and i was slightly more energized (the energy might be a placebo effect, i am not certain if it caused by the protein). So, i decided to try this before attending my college lessons and for about 3-4 hours i didn't want to eat anything (quite suprising for me because i eat a lot even on lesson breaks). It helped me to reach my nutritional macros and i felt this helped me gain more strength when i was lifting despite the fact i didn't take this before my workout. I expected with a Milk Protein product (due to lactose) that digestion would be somewhat rough but it was quite the opposite i wasn't bloated and i could not produce gas.

8.5/10
I bought 1 bag (total 1000 grams) for 25.47 Euros (27.38 Dollars). It's has a decent value for a quality product like this (0.83 Euros per serving).

Conclusion

It helped me considerably with Recovery, it suppressed my eating binge and it assisted me in Building Muscle. While it doesn't contain 100% casein, it will get the job done and it's a cheaper alternative. Overall a pretty good product which i would buy this again if i start to consume again Milk Protein.
 Pros:
    • Chocolate Smooth flavor: 8/10

• kalans
      TROOPer Level: 70
      March 18, 2017

Much better, good review kaka! MyProtein's flavors are quite weak, so I have to use less water if it is bad :) +rep

• kaka
      TROOPer Level: 5
      March 18, 2017

Thanks, mister Kalans ). Indeed they are not so strong as other companies i have tried :P

• Wis3guy
      TROOPer Level: 45
      March 18, 2017

Nice job, I like their products as well. Light flavoring but good mix ability.

• Firefighter
      TROOPer Level: 14
      March 18, 2017

Interesting. I love casein before bed.

• MarsheS