Impact Whey Isolate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Unflavored Is REALLY UNFLAVORED
  • Versatile Product
  • Low Carb
  • Low Fat
  • Independent Lab Tested
  • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
  • Good Digestion
  • 2.2 Lb Bags Don't Come With Scoopers
Introduction-------------------
So I was looking for a good price on whey protein as I just used up my last bit of ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. I noticed that myprotein.com was running one of their "massive percent off of whatever you want to buy" deals on their site and I thought, "why not?" I was looking for something different and they had a massive selection of flavors and types of proteins to choose from. I settled on the Whey Isolate, unflavored, because it seemed to be the most versatile and they were throwing in free flavor drops with the purchase of $50 worth of stuff DONE DEAL, on to the review

Ingredients--------------
Unflavored: Whey Protein Isolate, Soy Lecithin

Each 25g scoop of Unflavored Impact Whey Isolate contains 23g protein with zero fat and less than 1g of carbs. This is what sold me on the product. Well that and the value. It is over 90% protein per serving. That is super-efficient if you ask me. Nice to see no fillers, no fluff, just good ole protein!

Taste / Mixing / Dosing ----------
Taste - The unflavored is really unflavored - it isn't a chemical taste or a bad taste or an after taste. The Flavdrops Liquid Flavoring - Natural Chocolate went well with water and BETTER with milk. What I really liked about this was mixing it with other things. I would mix this with my COMPETE (intra) and it wouldn't negatively impact the flavor. I would mix it with my post work out drink, sometimes with 5% Real Food, and again, no negative taste impact. Truly unflavored.

Mixing - This stuff mixes GREAT! Sure it thickens things up some but it dissolves into the aqueous solution quite well. I have yet to see it clump up in the bag or in the shaker bottle. Nothing hiding in the corners of the shaker bottle either.

Dosing - NO. FOOING. SCOOP. WTF guys? I was fortunate enough to have other scoops that I could make work but, SERIOUSLY? One other dosing gripe, I guess it would be dosing, is the bag. About half way through one of the 3 bags I bought the ziplock deal came off of the side of the bag. I used one of those big black binders clips to keep it together but I figured I would mention it since I was complaining about the scoop in this section On the other part of dosing - this stuff is versatile. I would mix it pre, intra, and post work out, I would add it to cottage cheese, yogurt or oatmeal - pretty versatile product

Effectiveness -----------
I know that it helps/helped me recover and build strength. It is protein right? That's what it does.

Side Effects -------------
None - this stuff is solid. Plus, they are pretty highly regard on labdoor.com if you take that stuff into account https://labdoor.com/review/myprotein-impact-whey-protein Keep in mind, it isn't the isolate they reviewed here but one would think that the quality consistency would span across their product line.

Value --------------------
I purchased 6.6 pounds for around $50. That is 120 servings according to their website at $0.42/serving. I am pretty confident I didn't get the best deal they have had but it is probably typical pricing with their regularly found discounts. As versatile as this product is, this is a steal

Conclusion -------------
I highly recommend this stuff. The unflavored protein is really versatile and the flavor drops worked like a charm. As far as the quality of the product, the test results seem to speak for themselves. The value is solid here at less than $0.50 for 23 grams of protein. It mixes great. Keep an eye out for this stuff when it goes on sale, you won't be disappointed - just keep your old protein's scooper before you throw out the jug.
  • Unflavored: 10/10

• poppapat1503
    September 3, 2015

Hopefully that deal is still going on. I'm going to look into it.

• nowaydude
    September 3, 2015

If it is your first time buying I think you get 25% off site wide. Sometimes they put everything 45% off, that's when I think I grabbed it...

• mhseaver670
    September 5, 2015

I love getting an unflavored item that is actually unflavored. You wouldn't think that would be hard to do. But it is. Ha.

• nowaydude
    September 5, 2015

I know - all the unflavored stuff I usually get is tart or has a bad after taste - people who don't know are going to think I am an oddball for giving the unflavored flavor a 10/10...

hahah