Impact Whey Isolate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.2
  May 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Digestion
  • Low Carb
  • Low Fat
  • Recovery
  • Excellent Value
  • Bland Taste

I've has many different proteins before and a few of those have been purely isolates, but this isolate caught me off guard with the results I saw and how pure the label was.

It's got a decent protein file with 21g/serving which could be low to some, but I find ideal so for those who want a double serving aren't being overloaded with protein. Nothing on the label discloses that there were any amino acids added and it is purely whey protein isolate, so that reassured to me that there definitely no amino spiking done to this product which has become a huge concern to me when deciding which protein supplement to purchase. It has less than 1g of carbs and sugar, better for those in a cutting phase, but could also concern you if you're watching your glucose and insulin levels. No fat (0g) nor cholesterol (0mg/0%) and low sodium (50mg/2%). At first look of the label, I had very high hopes for this product.

Taste: I got the chocolate smooth flavor, which honestly was a bit stale. By stale meaning it was hard to taste any chocolate. I would say that there is more smooth than there is chocolate.

Mixability: The recommended mixing amount is 6-8 fluid ounces but it didn't mix all that great at 6oz and would usually mix it with 8-10oz of water or 10-12oz of milk

Dosing: In one serving theres 21g of protein which for me at 200lbs it's a bit low so I would double the serving size post workout.

Although it can be difficult to tell the effectiveness of a protein supplement because a lot of the results you're looking for will depend on the rest of your diet as well as your training routine, but when I first started with this protein I tried really hard not to change much about my diet or training routine so I could tel if this protein was really as good as I expected it to be. That being said, I believe this protein is very effective, in my time taking it I was able to put on lean mass without experiencing any consequences of feeling heavy after drinking a shake (which I have felt in the past with other such proteins) or protein caused bathroom trips. As far as recovery time goes I'd rate it at an 8/10, I will still get some DOMS, but never anything too severe and much better than the other proteins that I have tried in the past

For $35.69 you can get 40 servings at $0.89/serving and at $70 you can get 100 servings at $0.70/serving

Side Effects

None experienced

Conclusion

Overall this is a great product and a product I'll be sticking with for a while. It helped with gaining healthy lean mass at a reasonable price, holding a good value. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the taste, which isn't bad but it's not great either. 9.1/10 would recommend.
  • Chocolate smooth: 5/10