Impact Whey Isolate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
9.5
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  May 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Digestion
  • Low Carb
  • Low Fat
  • Delicious
  • Excellent Value

Mega shoutout to MyProtein for sending out their Impact Whey Isolate to us Troops! After missing this opportunity twice, I requested to try it and jumped on this right away. I prefer to take isolates post workout due to their faster absorption rates, but am open to blends as well.

Ingredient label is very straight forward. This is a why protein isolate, containing 21g Protein, 0.2g Fat, and 1.6g Carbs. super clean. Protein may be a little low for some, but it's quality isolate and not a blend where you may be primarily receiving concentrate post workout. There are 39 servings per container. It does come with natural and artificial flavors, along with sweeteners (sucralose and acesulfame). Really nothing else to discuss here, just a great isolate.

Taste: I asked for and received the mocha flavor, Wow. First of all, I love coffee, anything coffee flavored, and more coffee. Mocha was a perfect 10/10 with taste, it blew my taste buds out of the water. I don't recall every giving any flavor a perfect 10, that's how good this was. I typically mixed it with just water in a shaker. Other days I would throw it in a blender with 2 tbsp of Skippy natural pb and ice. Let me tell you, I could have made all 2lbs of this in one sitting and drank the whole thing. Amazing.

Mixability: No issues with mixing, dissolved nicely. Very slight residue on the side of the shaker which was a little grainy after settling. After drinking I just added a little more water to make sure I drank everything.

Dosing: Taken post workout. I used 1 scoop in 6-8oz of water.

Effectiveness for protein is always tough to judge. Protein is obviously essential for muscle growth, so MyProtein allowed me to consume post workout shakes with a quicker digestive rate to feed my muscles. On off days is when I would use it to create protein pancakes, which you will read about below. I did not have any digestive issues will on this isolate, which is always a plus, especially for people with digestive issues. Overall, it did what it was supposed to do and my body continues to grow in the direction I want it to. Being that there were no setbacks while taking this and its ingredient profile, I believe this is a excellent source of post workout protein.

You can pick this up at 39 servings for $22-$23 online straight from MyProtein, but that does not include shipping. They often have crazy sales though, where you can pickup pounds of protein for cheap.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Cooking

I experimented with this while cooking as well. After trying multiple different protein pancake recipes, I found one that I really like. Mix 2 whole eggs, 2 ounces of cream cheese (I used regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese), 1 scoop of MyProtein mocha whey, and a pinch of vanilla extract. Blend everything together. I started with the eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract. After that was blended, I pulsed the blender until the protein mixed. Let it sit for 2 minutes to settle. I cooked this on a small frying pan. I let it heat up while everything was in the blender. Coat it with a non-stick spray then fill the pan up with batter from the blender. Cover the top. Once it begins to get puffy, flip it (do not put the cover back on). this will make you 2 pancakes. Very light, thin, and a little fluffy. Great alternative, especially if you are cutting.

Side note, I mixed 1/2 a scoop into my morning black coffee thinking it would taste amazing, I was wrong. For some reason it just would not dissolve in the coffee, which was piping hot. It just clumped up and settled on top, I basically just ate it after drinking my coffee because I refused to waste it.

Another side note. Not a fan of resealable bags, but this was actually hassle free and not a piece of garbage that just broke after opening it and then you have to transfer it into something else.

Conclusion

MyProtein is a simple whey isolate that provides you with exactly what you need post workout, fast digesting protein to feed you muscles and provide you with the gains you need. This is my top isolate know, especially because of the flavor I had. I will ordering some more mocha once I start running low. I may also pick up the banana flavor, I heard it was pretty good. Optimum Nutrition has a spectacular banana in their gold standard so I'm curious to see if this matches up with it taste wise. I may even pick some up sooner if I see a good deal pop up, totally worth it in my opinion. Thanks again, MyProtein for sending this out!
    • Mocha: 10/10