Hydrolysed Whey Protein Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  April 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    Shout out and thanks to the My Protein reps. They graced with with a multitude of products, and for that alone the SR community should at least give them a chance.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
    Simple is the word you're looking for.
    The two main (and possibly only ingredients) are whey protein hydrolysate (from milk) and soy lecithin. It is, as advertised, hydrolyzed whey protein. If you were to get a hold of a flavored version, which is currently unavailable, then flavorings would round out the ingredient list.
    The nutrition breakdown is favorable to most if not all, I would imagine. It's very light in the calories (110kcal) and largely protein (24g) as would imagine.
    No faults to be had, the ideal in my opinion.

TASTE: B
    I did receive a chocolate flavor batch, though the unflavored version is currently all that is available.
    The chocolate tasted like you would expect. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad, and that's fine by me.

MIXING: A
    As is the case with similar products, it mixed right up with ease. In addition, it was very smooth to drink.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
    As with similar products, we're looking at very simple things here: digestion and versatility.
    As life goes on, I begin to realize my stomach is a smidge sensitive with certain things, protein powders being one of them. I'm either no worse for wares, or blowing the place up with toxic fumes. My stomach barely noticed Hydrolyzed Whey at all. That makes me happy.
    Versatility is on point as well. It sneaks in easy to larger shakes/smoothies, goes down easy on its own as a post workout drink, and fits in ideally in between larger meals. I personally would like the calories to be bit more, but most people aren't 265lb looking to add 10 more pounds.

VALUE: B
    The listed price from My Protein is about $70 for a 5.5lb (80 servings) bag. However, as stated in other reviews, there's always some sort of discount special being run. So, it can be had for less.
    While I will say it walks that line between expensive and over-priced, I wouldn't call this over-priced. Given the median sale price provided by Lava, you begin to realize that the price tag isn't so daunting.

OVERALL: B+
    Hydrolyzed Whey is overall a solid product. Simple ingredient profile, happy stomach, and a competitive price are all you can ask for these days. It checks off those boxes with ease and is worth at least one try.