Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #16 of 97 (better than 84%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

Hydrolysed Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MyProtein. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

deumcole

April 6, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!)
Shout out and thanks to the My Protein reps. They graced with with a multitude of products, and for that alone the SR community should at least give them a chance.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
Simple is the word you're looking for.
The two main (and possibly only ingredients) are whey protein hydrolysate (from milk) and soy lecithin. It is, as advertised, hydrolyzed whey protein. If you were to get a hold of a flavored version, which is currently unavailable, then flavorings would round out the ingredient list.
The nutrition breakdown is favorable to most if not all, I would imagine. It's very light in the calories (110kcal) and largely protein (24g) as would imagine.
No faults to be had, the ideal in my opinion.

TASTE: B
I did receive a chocolate flavor batch, though the unflavored version is currently all that is available.
The chocolate tasted like you would expect. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad, and that's fine by me.

MIXING: A
As is the case with similar products, it mixed right up with ease. In addition, it was very smooth to drink.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
As with similar products, we're looking at very simple things here: digestion and versatility.
As life goes on, I begin to realize my stomach is a smidge sensitive with certain things, protein powders being one of them. I'm either no worse for wares, or blowing the place up with toxic fumes. My stomach barely noticed Hydrolyzed Whey at all. That makes me happy.
Versatility is on point as well. It sneaks in easy to larger shakes/smoothies, goes down easy on its own as a post workout drink, and fits in ideally in between larger meals. I personally would like the calories to be bit more, but most people aren't 265lb looking to add 10 more pounds.

VALUE: B
The listed price from My Protein is about $70 for a 5.5lb (80 servings) bag. However, as stated in other reviews, there's always some sort of discount special being run. So, it can be had for less.
While I will say it walks that line between expensive and over-priced, I wouldn't call this over-priced. Given the median sale price provided by Lava, you begin to realize that the price tag isn't so daunting.

OVERALL: B+
Hydrolyzed Whey is overall a solid product. Simple ingredient profile, happy stomach, and a competitive price are all you can ask for these days. It checks off those boxes with ease and is worth at least one try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
    lava135

October 7, 2015

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----

MyProtein continues to deliver solid and consistent quality products. I'll compare this to Muscle Feast unflavored hydrolyzed whey, which I consider one of the best in the market.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Whey hydrolysate and soy lecithin. Seriously. You can not, repeat cannot get any more simple and pure than this.

Each 30g serving contains 24g of protein, 1g fat, 1g carbs for 110 calories. If these numbers (as published by MyProtein) are correct, it's the one area that this product falls short. MuscleFeast is 90% protein, this is only 80%. For such a pure product, that's really low. It's still a better product than say ON Platinum HydroWhey, but I want something like this to have a higher protein content.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Hydrolysates don't taste great. In fact, the best general test is that if you can mix it in milk and not puke, it's not highly hydrolyzed. Muscle Feast is hydrolyzed at 19% (I believe that's what I've been told - don't quote me). This strikes me as somewhere around 10-12% - that's jsut my specualtion - if it's higher, than I'd love to know because it's not that bitter. It reminds me almost of Carberry OptiPep - a debitterized hydro. Anyway, I had the unflavored, which I prefer for all my proteins and it was quite acceptable. I typically mixed it with water and flavoring such as Crystal Light.

Mixing was smooth and acceptable.

----Effectiveness----
    I've posted in the past about the real truth of hydrolyzed proteins so you can search the forums for the truth about how "fast" pre-digested proteins are. In my opinion, a product like this is not significantly faster than a high quality isolate but is still an excellent choice for your protein needs. I saw no decrease in my progress or recovery when using this, so that's good to go.

There's really not a whole lot to say about a protein - this is a quality product. No worries at all.

----Value----
    This retails at $69.99 for 5.5 lbs, but there's almost always discounts on the MyProtein site (you have to order direct) so I'm using $53 as the average price. That comes in right in line with Muscle Feast (a bit less even). This will give you about 80 servings so that comes out to be around .70 per serving which is above average for good protein.

----Conclusion----
    Because of the lower protein content, this won't make the top of my list, but it's certainly a top shelf choice because of it's lack of all the added garbage other companies add to their product. And at the end of the day when I buy protein, I want, well - you know, protein. So spare me the marketing. Spare me the added bccas. Spare me the double stuff Oreo flavoring. Give me protein. If this were 90% it would stand shoulder to shoulder with the best. Don't get me wrong, price and taste make this an excellent choice for someone considering a hydrolyzed protein. If that's you, then I have no qualms recommending that you give this a try.
     Pros: