Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  September 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
    First off, a shout out and "thanks" to the My Protein reps. They sent a bunch of stuff out, and I've finally worked through it all.
    This review will be for the creatine monohydrate, not their Creapure. Since they do carry both, I won't be comparing the simple creatine monohydrate to other products that feature Creapure.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
    It is, as the name states, regular old creatine monohydrate. They didn't do anything fancy with it, no other additives to try and "beef it up", just straight up 5g of creatine monohydrate per serving. Even under "Other Ingredients", you simply get the word "none". I like it.
    One, lone ingredient + dosed correctly = win.

TASTE: A
    I did receive and unflavored version, which I believe is all they have. It didn't affect whatever drink I threw it in, so there's that. It truly was, for the most part, unflavored.

MIXING: A
    Given the minute size of the scooper (+/- 1 tsp), there's not a lot of powder getting thrown into anything at any one point. As a result, it mixes rather effortlessly and quickly.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
    This worked as well, and in some cases better, than most other creatine products I have used in the past. I typically took 10-15 grams (I was too lazy to count out 2 tsp and just grabbed a table spoon) pre-workout on training days, and before bed on non-training days.
    Strength gains were about what is to be expected: decent, but nothing great. As compared to other creatine products I've used, the results were better than most.
    Water retention (a big fear for most users) was kept to a minimum. In fact, I don't think I was bloated at all. I know some people who think creatine monohydrate in general will bloat them up like some on dem a-bombs, but it's just not going to happen period, in my opinion. But, to be safe, next to no water retention.

VALUE: A
    As it is right now, My Protein seems to have a deal going on for the 1.1lb bags. They are actually listed at $5.59 (normally $13.99), as opposed to the $10.99 for the 0.5lb bag (which I received). A 2.2lb is listed as $17.99.
    For the whole half a pound of creatine monohydrate I received, I got a grand total of 50 servings out of it (and it seemed to last forever at that). So that's around $0.22 per serving, for the 0.5lb bag. My "higher education" tells me that the price per serving improves with each larger bag.
    What all that tells me, basically, is that this happens to be a very good deal any day of the week. The current sale going on doesn't hurt things at all, either.

OVERALL: A
    At the end of it all, this is a good product at a great price. I feel like the unflavored version is the way to go, since that is all that seems to be in there. Whatever side effects may surround creatine in general are nowhere to be found here, and you most certainly won't be breaking the bank with this on.