Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Overall
Overall
9.3
9.8

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Bloating

When you start to hit a wall, what is better than old trusted, tried and true creatine monohydrate to help out. Based on the reviews for MyProtein and having used their whey protein a few years back I decided to order a sack of this.

100% pure creatine monohydrate. You get 5g per scoop. Just a quick overview on creatine monohydrate. We produce creatine naturally in our bodies from amino acids. It is also found in meat and fish. Cooking these items can breakdown the creatine and limit its value which is why it is nice to have this in the powder form.

I had the unflavored version. If you order one of the flavored versions there is a note on MyProtein's website that says if you choose a flavored version it will reduce the Creatine Monohydrate content by approximately 15%. This mixed fine and had zero issues. The dosing was mixed since I did a loading phase. I loaded at 5g per serving four times per day for five days. I mixed two of these servings with my protein shakes and then I had the other two added to 6 ounces of water. The doses during the loading phase were about 2-3 hours apart based on convenience. Once the loading phase was done I dosed this at one scoop daily with my post workout protein shake.

I was looking for this to increase overall strength and help with the heavier push and pull lifts. This did just that. On some of the exercises I had started plateauing and becoming stagnant with the amount of weight for each exercise. I went back to the drawing board and looked at form along with a few other things (adjusting drop sets, supersets, etc..) to see if I could work on improving those things to set a few new PR's. I was able to hit a PR or two when I improved my form and made other adjustments but I wasn't satisfied and felt like I was right on the edge of beating a few more PR's. I was already taking a PWO, my protein intake and macros were where they should be and I was using BCAA's. That's when it hit me. Why not call an old friend in to help out. I decided it was time to add creatine monohydrate back into my stack. Once I added it in it took about 10 days and then I was able to set my first new PR. As the weeks and months went on I hit a few more PR's with individual exercises but the big three (bench, squat and deadlift) was where I got the most bang for my buck. The one major thing I did notice was on the big three lifts I had more initial power when starting those lifts. On the bench I felt on the initial push it was much easier. The same for deadlifts and squats. I was able to increase the weight and reps.

The value is great. You have a few options to go with. Option 1 is a 0.5 lb pound bag which has about 45 servings for $4.50 which comes out to $0.10 per serving. Option 2 is a 1.1 lb bag with 100 servings for $9.09 which comes out to $0.09 per serving and option 3 is a 2.2 lb bag that has 200 servings for $11.89 which works out to $0.05 per serving.

Side Effects

None. There was no bloating experienced.

Conclusion

An effective supplement that is cheap. What more could you ask for? MyProtein produces quality supplements and they hit another one out of the park with this one. I have used creatine blends and creatine HCL but this one is definitely my favorite so far. I would recommend this based on price and results. The other big thumbs up is I did not experience any bloating which is rare for me when using creatine monohydrate.

• Wis3guy
      July 24, 2017

I liked this as well. They have some good products.

July 24, 2017

@wis3guy.....I agree. Their quality and prices are hard to beat.

• Momo1
      July 25, 2017

Nice review! I miss watching Al and that crazy show. I do not know about you, but I always though Peg Bundy was hot!

July 25, 2017

@momo, thanks. It was a great show. I still watch it.

• MarsheS
      July 25, 2017

Haha, it's cool that you called this old friend that usually never dissapoints ;)

It seems "Momo1" likes "mamas (breasts)" xD! Those test boosters are definitely doing their job lol!

July 25, 2017

@MarsheS...lol. old trusty creatine monohydrate...momo always has some good points of view and comments. I always look forward to them.