Ranks #20 (better than 50%)
In: Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Alpha Men is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by MyProtein. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Overall
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  September 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Not As Effective As Others I Have Used.
Another shout out and thanks to My Protein. Alpha Men up this time

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
As compared to a standard multivitamin I was using, the ingredient profile matches up rather well. Both were geared towards men specifically, so that bit makes sense.
However, there are some ingredients that seem a bit under-dosed. The CoQ10, for example, is listed as 2mg when a "low dose" is typically considered to be about 90mg. Bits like that just don't make sense to me, even if you are supplementing the CoQ10 on its own. In this instance, the inclusion seems like a waste. Furthermore, I was a little miffed when I realized that the standard seemed to have a more expansive profile than Alpha Men. That's not so alpha as far as I'm concerned.

DOSING: A
Two tablets once in the morning, then again at night. Odd for a multi, from my own experience, but nothing that can't be followed through on.

EFFECTIVENESS: B
I did the best I could to follow through with both the AM and PM doses, but on occasion I went straight to bed with no hesitation. Sometimes you just want to get to sleep. I did, however, take the morning dose consistently. Always with food, as recommended by the omniscient directions on the label.
As compared to what I was taking, there wasn't much change from the day-to-day. That's good, in that there was no drop off in terms of overall well-being. My pee was still highlighter yellow, my energy levels stayed the same, digestion felt the same, and everything felt like it didn't skip a beat.
However, usually when I switch to a multivitamin that seems to be geared towards active individuals, I expect a bit more. A bit more pep or whatever, but as compared to other multivitamins for "active" individuals, it wasn't quite on par.
I know it's just a multi, but it what it is. Good nonetheless.

VALUE: B
I received a 120ct bottle, which is currently going for $19.99 a pop on the My Protein website. That works out to about $20 for a 30 day supply. That's good, and it is comparable to other similar products. Even compared to my regular men's multi, the price is about right.

OVERALL: B
Alpha Men was good in all respects, but I don't feel it's deserving of its name. It's a good product with a good profile, at a good price, but I can't say there's one aspect of it that's "alpha" in anyway.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  July 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 2 Pills
  • Not As Effective As Others I Have Used.
Everyone male wants to be alpha, If only there was a pill to give us this. Well myprotein.com has some multivitamins that are called Alpha men, but do they make you Alpha?

Profile
Can be seen here

One can sit and break apart a multi all day, end of the day , all that matters to me is if it is working and and how I feel on it.

Effectiveness 6
I really hate putting this low, but after running 3 other multi as a comparison to this one. I could tell a big change in how I felt while on this one. Mostly not for the good either. I judge a multi one effectiveness on a few simple things. Digestion, well being, general alertness, energy, and sometimes skin also others have helped with allergy relief as well.
Now first off I noticed my digestion and movements changed, Not as often or easy . I'll leave it at that.
Next was the energy boost and alertness, I never even noticed taking this on most days. Every once in a while I would get a slight feeling of alertness but not so much as energy as some others have provided. Also I never noticed any help with skin clearing up or just clean looking skin as I have with two others I have tried this year.
I never had stomach issues with these, they do not have bad taste or burbs so that is a plus. I just feel that this one fell to short for me to like it to well. It has a good profile and is made from a company I trust so I do not feel this is a bad multi, I just did not get what I was expecting out of it.
I do understand that a multi is not a cure all, but for the most part you can tell if you are taking one that works or not.

Dosing 10
2 pills, easy to swallow, no burbs or funny taste.

Value 8
You can get a 120 serving for 19.99 and myprotein.com runs discounts here on Sr.com all the time so the value just goes up.
I just cant rate higher due to the effectiveness I had while on this.

Overall
I feel that myprotein.com is still one of my first go to places for products, I love their proteins and some other things they make. I just wished this had worked a bit better for me. I loved the simply 2 pill approach but I am starting to feel that there is just not enough room in just two pills to pack a true all around multi. I have had better success with multi's in a pack form, but that gets old taking all those pills early in the morning. I will still use other Myprotein.com products, but I will be skipping this one for me.
Thanks again for being a part of SR.com.
Mhseaver670