mTor Pro Reviews

By: Myokem

ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
mTor Pro is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Myokem. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

November 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Increase Endurance
  • Well Dosed
  • Better Hydration
  • Artificial Dyes

mTor Pro is a unique take with a twist on a popular supplement, EAA's.

mTor Pro is an amino acid supplement that contains EAAs and your standard BCAAs. EAAs are essential amino acids which your body cannot produce so they need to come through your diet. BCAAs are Branch Chain Amino Acids. These are the amino acids you get from a typical supplement and contain L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. What makes mTor unique from all the other EAAs is the Active TR. This is a time released version of L-Leucine.

mTOR Activating Recovery Matrix
Instantized BCAAs (2:1:1)
Instant L-Leucine(2.5g): This amino acid triggers muscle protein synthesis through the mTor pathway. Leucine is called the "king of BCAAs" due to its ability to trigger protein synthesis better than other aminos.

L-Valine (1.25g): This amino acid aids to trigger muscle protein synthesis when in combination with others. Some studies have shown benefit to mental functions.

L-Isoleucine (1.25g): This amino acid has anti-catabolic effects without directly triggering muscle protein synthesis. It also helps with glucose absorption and removal.

ActiveTR Time Released L-Leucine (3g): This is a version of L-Leucine that is designed to time release over 8 hours. Where most serum L-Leucine peaks and then plumits after around 3-4 hours the Active TR will cause a spike then a consistent release again to provide the muscles this key amino acid.

L-Lysine (938mg): Lysine helps signal muscle protein synthesis and benefits the immune system.

L-Threonine (685mg): Threonine promotes protein balancing, promotes heart and liver health.

L-Phenylalanine (310mg): This amino acid provides cognitive benefits through dopamine production and improved neural connection to benefit "mind-muscle" connection.

[]L-Tyrosine (292mg): This amino acid is used by the body to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. This leads to an anti-stress response when supplemented.

L-Histidine (175mg): Histidine can be converted into histamine in the body which regulates allergic reactions. It can also help with anemia and digestion.

L-Methionine (100mg): This amino acid supports healthy fat metabolism, digestion, testosterone production, and even can be used as an antioxidant.

AstraGin (50mg): This is an extract of Astragalus membranaceous and Panax ginseng. This has been proven to improve the absorption of amino acids/nutrients. It also can help the body to repair any minor damage to the small intestines.

Active Hydration Matrix
Taurine (1g): This amino acid is commonly used for reduction in cramping and for cardiovascular health. It is being researched as an anti-diabetic compound because it acts on insulin sensitivity. Most notably taurine is used for electrolyte balance which helps in water balance and hydration.

Potassium Gluconate (150mg): Potassium is vital for the human body. Low levels can even lead to heart failure and death. Potassium is used in the process of muscle contraction and neuron firing. This is why a common symptom of hypokalemia (low potassium) is cramping.

Sodium Chloride (75mg): Sodium is another essential nutrient for muscle contraction and overall health. Sodium works to balance the water inside and outside of your cells. NaCl helps to pull water into the cells when needed.

The taste of this product is amazing. I purchased the mango lemonade flavor and was a little apprehensive. I wasn't sure how it would taste. The flavor is a great combination of sweet and tangy. The mango taste hits and there is a tangy lemonade after taste. This was very easy to drink.
The mixability was good for a EAA supplement. Amino acids are naturally hydrophobic so they won't mix well with water. Due to this there was "floaters" in it and you should probably swirl it before you drink. There was a decent amount of foaming but this did subside if you let it sit for a minute after shaking.
I dosed this product with the unique form of Leucine in mind. I took one scoop most days before bed to supply my body with a steady amount of Amino Acids as I slept/recovered.

I used this supplement as a recovery aid. I could tell this helped a lot because my soreness was almost always absent. I took this at night towards the time i would fall asleep. My rational behind this is that this is the one time throughout the day that your body dosnt have a supply of amino acids. The ActiveTR allows the time released L-Leucine to be steadily released to your body over 8 hours. This allows your body to have the nutrients to kick-start protein synthesis during recovery and sleep. This plan did make a decent difference in my training. I pushed myself very hard in the gym and i could almost always jump up the next day at 6am with little to no DOMS. This made strides in my training since i am doing a full body split and could hit every day harder and harder without the worry of being so sore the next day i couldn't move. There were some days, particularly days where i hit maxes, where i would have some mild soreness after.
I did use this as an intra workout some days. On these days it did offer me a mid-workout boost of energy to keep me on track.
I have never taken a supplement that had a hydration matrix in it. I cant say that it made a huge difference but i did feel less thirsty in general. I normally drink around a gallon of water a day and this did continue while i took this because i know how much i need to drink even though im not thirsty.

The value of this product is great for what you get. Most amino acids are around $1/ serving which is where this one sits. It is 29.99 for mTor Pro but this is not including shipping. This puts it at $1/serving which I feel is a good value for the unique product you get.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

MTor Pro is a great option for anybody in the market for an EAA supplement. I realize this may be a 2nd or 3rd tier supplement for many but this truly will benefit your recovery time and alow you to push harder in the gym.
  • Mango Lemonade: 9/10

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.1
  October 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Well Dosed
  • Lots Of EAA
  • Broad Ingredient Profile

In a world where there are hundreds of bcaa options myokem is above average but not in the top spot discussion.

Like always I love to try out new bcaa products in order to not only recover but to break up the monotonous routine of drinking plain water throughout my workouts

Fully transparent label here with a 5g serving of 2:1:1 bcaas, an added 3g serving of time released leucine( which is really their highlighted ingredient in this particular product) a mix of several EAAs, 50mg of astragin to help in the absorption of all the ingredients and a hydration matrix of potassium, sodium chloride, and taurine. Pretty straightforward and effective label, but for the hydration matrix I would have loved to see coconut water powder or some form.

I received blue raspberry and after reading some of the other reviews I don't know if I expected to much or if my taste buds are off but I didn't I overly enjoy this. It has a very chalky like aftertaste to me not awful but I didn't look forward to it like some others. Mixabilty was never an issue, maybe some slight foam but not a deal breaker by any means. I dosed this at a scoop Intra workout throughout the tub.

This performed like most adequately dosed bcaa products have for me. As far as the time released aspect of the product I can't say I really noticed a difference in this and normal everyday leucine. I recovered better than I would have if I didn't take in any bcaas, but I wasn't wowed with recovery. The hydration matrix seemed to do well enough because I don't remember having any serious cramping issues during the run.

29.99 for a tub is a fair price for this product, if you enjoy the taste the value comes up to me but I just didn't.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I thought it was a solid bcaa product, the expectations fell a little bit short for me personally. It was like I said above average but I didn't seem to enjoy it like other troopers seemed to
    • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

September 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Increase Endurance
    • Better Hydration
    • Artificial Dyes

mTor Pro is hands-down the most effective BCAA/EAA product I've ever used. The taste was great and the time-released leucine seemed to have a huge improvement in my overall muscle soreness.

BCAA/EAA products are not an every-day product category for me, but when I am using one I do expect an noticeable impact. Usually with quality products in this category I'll experience the ability to workout longer and harder with less muscle soreness. When Myokem posted mTor Pro to the Troop dash I was really interested by the time-released leucine and decided to jump on it right away.

mTor pro's ingredient panel includes each BCAA and EAA, and then some.

First we have a 2:1:1 ratio of instantized BCAAs, 5g overall.

Following that is an additional 3g of time-released leucine.

Next we have our 6 EAAs: Lysine, Threonine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Histidine, and Methionine. Each dosed effectively.

Myokem added Astragin for absorption which is way better than Bioperine, in my opinion.

Last we have their Active Hydration Matrix which includes Taurine (1g) and electrolytes Sodium and Potassium.

Dosing: 1/2 scoop intra-workout; 1 scoop later in the day on an empty stomach
    Mixability: Superb. Better mixability than most amino supplements I've used, no clumping and very little to no settling.
    Taste: I received blue raspberry and really enjoyed it. Sometimes blue raspberry can be too sweet and have an overpowering flavor, but this was perfectly subtle and just the right amount of sweet.

I was really impressed with this. When taking it intraworkout my workouts were definitely improved. I was able to shorten the time between sets significantly and seemed to hit an extra rep or two on most of my lifts. What really did it for me was the impact this had on muscle soreness. On multiple occasions I crushed leg day and expected to be struggling up the stairs for a few days, but when I'd use mTor Pro afterwards I had hardly any muscle soreness at all! I was blown away and have never experienced something so effective in this regard. As a result, I did see some noticeable muscle growth, but I was stacking this among other products that would also have had an impact on that.

mTor Pro isn't cheap, but you can buy it at Best Price Nutrition for just under $1/serving using a priceplow coupon. For the level of effectiveness I experienced, I think it's well worth it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Try it. This is easily the best product of it's kind that I've used to date and I plan on buying it on a regular basis going forward. I plan to stack it with other supplements that increase protein synthesis, thinking that it will make the most of the high leucine serving size, but as a standalone product I'm sure it shines on its own.

Thanks to Myokem for participating, I really enjoyed testing and reviewing this!
    • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

September 10, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Broad Ingredient Profile
    • Well Dosed
    • Use Of Dyes

I want to give a big thanks to Myokem for giving me the opportunity to review mTOR PRO. I've been using BCAAs/EAAs for a while now and have been looking around for different options. What intrigued me with mTOR PRO was a few things: Time Released Recovery, Hydration, ingredient profile. Plus I've used a few different Myokem supplements in the past all while seeing tremendous results. Giving this product a claim was a no-brainer.

Label Claims:
    - 10.5g of EAAs per serving
    - Dynamic Time-Released Recovery
    - Increased Performance and Hydration

The ingredient profile features a transparent label (no prop blends) divided into two different categories. First category is the mTOR Activating Recovery Matrix 10.5g featuring 5g of Instantized BCAAs 2:1:1. Now the intriguing element to this category is the Time-Released L-Leucine as ActiveTR 3g. This was the first time I've heard of/used something like this. It's basically 3g of Leucine staggered every 2 hours over a total of 8 hours. The elevated Leucine levels in the total of an 8 hour span contribute to a significant increase in protein synthesis/recovery. Next there is a total of 6 Essential/Non Essential Amnio Acids listed:

L-Lysine 938mg: Immune System Booster/Plays role in Protein Synthesis
    L-Threonine 685mg: Maintain protein balance
    L-Phenylalanine 310mg: Cognitive enhancer - motivation
    L-Tyrosine 292mg: Cognitive enhancer
    L-Histidine 175mg: Plays role in digestion/central nervous system
    L-Methionine 100mg: Increases fat metabolism

Finally there is a whopping dose of AstraGin @ 50mg to help aid with absorption.

The second category is the Active Hydration Matrix featuring 3 ingredients totaling 1.225g.

Taurine 1g: Balance water levels in body
    Potassium Gluconate 150mg: Electrolyte
    Sodium Chloride 75mg: Electrolyte

Taste - For this review I received the Fruit Punch flavor which is one of three currently available. It had a very mild but pleasant flavor that was enjoyable while I sipped on it. Overall I'd give the flavor an 8/10.

Mixability - There were really no issues with mixability - there was some foaming but that was expected with the BCAAs. No clumping or settlement as it mixed pretty fast. Outside of mixability the only negative is the use of dyes - very dark red coloring once mixed. Really no need for that dark color in my opinion.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with around 20 oz of water and sipped on during training. I didn't take any servings on non-training days.

In regards to effectiveness this is one of the best BCAA/EAA supplements that I have used. This delivered on the label claims of increased recovery times, performance, hydration. As noted in the dosing section I only used mTOR PRO on training days as I work out twice a day. Some days I would use it during my morning cardio session & other days I'd use it during strength training workouts. While using mTOR PRO there was a definite increase with my recovery as I felt fresh going into my next training session. Normally I felt fatigued training twice a day but i was able to go into each session being able to train faster/harder compared to the norm. I was able to use more weight for more reps with the increased recovery times which leads into a higher performance enhancement feeling. The hydration ingredients was a nice addition as it gets pretty hot in my garage gym here in Florida. It was easy to tell I was staying hydrated by my pee color and the way I was sweating. Overall the effectiveness of mTOR PRO exceeded my high expectations.

The cheapest value I could find was found on Amazon & Myokem website for $29.99 (30 servings). This comes out to around $1 per serving which in my opinion is a great price for how effective mTOR PRO was.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this exceeded my expectations and I definitely recommend giving mTOR PRO a shot. This is one of the best BCAA/EAA formulations that is out right now - your body will thank you for trying it. Your performance will increase as you feel fresh going into each workout allowing you to train faster/harder. I feel the $1 a serving price (30 servings) is justified through its effectiveness - only downside is that its not widely available. Thanks again to Myokem for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
    • Fruit Punch: 8/10

September 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Lots Of EAA

This is a BCAA/EAA product to help you with recovery. They use a time release Leucine to help aid in better recovery. Also this has a good amount of hydration ingredients to help keep you better hydrated. Over all this has a pretty solid list of ingredients and dosed fairly high.

First off I want to thank Myokem for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I am always up for trying different amino products when I can. After checking out the ingredient profile for this I was really excited with what I saw. This looked to have a lot of really good ingredients in this with the time release of leucine they use really got my attention. This I believe was my first time using a time released Leucine and was really excited to see how it would work. Staying injury free is big for me since I do have some issues with my left shoulder I have been dealing with off and on for awhile know. So any extra recovery I can get is big for me since I do workout a lot.

This has both your BCAAs and EAAs. Over all this has a really good profile and is straight forward and no prop blends. What I really like is the use of an ActiveTR which is time release of Leucine. Also this has a good ingredients to help you with hydration.
    5.0G BCAAS 2:1:1
    3.0G Time-Released L-Leucine
    2.5G Essential Amino Acids
    50MG Astragin

L-LEUCINE - As the primary branched chain amino acid, L-leucine is an activator of mTOR and is the main amino acid involved in reliably increasing muscle protein synthesis.
    L-ISOLEUCINE - L-isoleucine also initiates muscle protein synthesis, though with a weaker signal than leucine. More significantly, isoleucine increases glucose uptake and streamlines how your cells use glucose for energy during exercise.
    L-VALINE - Studies suggest that valine offers many of the same muscle protein synthesis effects as its other BCAA counterparts, and plays an important role in proper mental functions.

ActiveTR - This is a form of time-released L-leucine. Included in a post-workout drink, ActiveTR allows for steady, consistent muscle repair as you rest or sleep, suggesting that you won't wake up sore or tense.

AstraGin is a unique supplement derived from extracts of Astragalus membranaceous and Panax ginseng. This supplement can promote greater absorption and bioavailability for certain amino acids and nutrients while repairing any potential damage to your intestines. This ensures that your body actually absorbs as much of the amino acids in mTOR PRO as possible instead of flushing them away.
    L-LYSINE - Lysine is an essential amino acid that cannot be naturally produced in the body. It plays a role in boosting the immune system and is involved in the synthesis of proteins to help you build greater muscle.
    L-THREONINE - Threonine offers a wide range of benefits to the body, including promoting good health in the heart and liver. For athletes, threonine is important for encouraging normal growth, maintaining a proper protein balance in the muscles and encouraging greater absorption of nutrients.
    L-PHENYLALANINE - Phenylalanine is known to boost mood and increase motivation, allowing for a positive attitude through every workout. It also enhances nerve function, allowing for optimal relaxation and contraction of muscles.
    L-METHIONINE - Methionine increases fat metabolism and testosterone production. Along with antioxidant properties, methionine also improves digestion.

I was sent the blue raspberry. It was not bad and very much enjoyable to drink. For me I was not real crazy about it not because of the taste but because I am really getting tired of anything that is blue raspberry flavored. If you enjoy blue raspberry you will really like this a lot.

Mixing was pretty simple and no issues with it mixing. My one little issues is that they use a lot of dyes in this which I wish they would not. Considering how dark this is there must be a lot of dyes in this. I would take this intra-workout and would do one scoop each time. No real need to do more than one scoop since this is dosed pretty well.

For a BCAA/EAA product I feel this worked really well maybe even a little better than I thought it would now that I have been off this for a few days now and can notice a big difference not being on it anymore. I used this product intra-workout only and would do one scoop each time. I feel overall my recovery from this was really good and always seemed to feel a lot better after using it the next day. Even on days when I would go a little longer and do a more grueling type of workout than I normal would I would still feel pretty good. While I used this I hardly noticed any issues with any DOMs which was really nice. I tend to workout at least 6 days a week and any kind of recovery I can get is a big plus for me. I felt my overall endurance was a lot better and would feel a lot less winded between my sets. I felt I could go a lot quicker between set's and not have a lot of muscle fatigue to deal with and felt like I could still do all of my reps. I normal do a lot of high volume type training and to be able to do that is a big plus and helps make the workouts go a little quicker for me so I don't need as much time in the gym especially if I am in more of a hurry that day. On some days when I would start my workout I would be breathing a bit heavier than normal and feel this really helped me to control my breathing a lot better and helped calm it down a lot. I always felt like I had that extra drive in me a lot of the time to really help me push through my workouts a lot better.

Also I noticed I felt a lot more hydrated than normal. I felt like during the day I was needing to drink a lot less water than I normal do. I know that during my workouts I was not filling my shaker bottle as often because I was not feeling the need to have more water in me. I pretty much had to force my self to drink more water. So for hydration this works really well for that.

I think with the use of ActiveTR which is a time release Leucine was a big plus to have in this. I feel it really helped aid me a bit more in my recovery because it keeps working for a longer period of time in your body. I think this is something more companies should look into using because I feel it really works well.

Right now their website and amazon is are the only places I could find they and they both want $30 for 30 servings. I think this is a really good price for a product like this and is really loaded with a lot of good ingredients.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I think they have a pretty solid and effective BCAA/EAA product. I really like that every thing is pretty straight forward and don't hide behind any prop blends. For a BCAA/EAA product I think this will perform really well for you and you should notice a lot of good results from this. I think with the use of ActiveTR the time released Leucine is a big plus which helps make this product even better. Also I feel the price they want for this is really good considering what's all in this and how effective it is. I would for sure highly recommend checking this product out if your in the need for a good amino product. This would be a product I would be more than happy to give another try at some point. Hopefully more sites can start carrying their products which would be nice. Again I want to give Myokem a big shout out for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
    • Blue Raspberry: 7/10

September 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Lots Of EAA

One of the most complete BCAA/EAA products and the extra trick of time-released leucine is a nice touch. Add in the hydration element and AstraGin for aid in absorption and you got a winning product.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the BCAA/EAA product 'mTor Pro' by Myokem. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Myokem, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Ingredients

EAAs:

Absorption:

Active Hydration Matrix:
      Sodium Chloride 75mg

Breaking it down by parts, the bulk of this product is the BCAAs. The 'standard' dose is 5g with a 2:1:1 split and that's what you're getting in the initial hit...but wait, there's more! Myokem follows up the standard with a timed release of 3g of Leucine about 3 hours later.

Why is this a big deal? Leucine, depending on the study you go to, is the most important of the BCAAs for muscle maintenance, building, and offsetting DOMS. From the studies I can find, there are many differing opinions on how much leucine you can absorb at once which is why there is limited scientific study that increasing the 2:1:1 ratio to a higher, say 4:1:1 ratio, is beneficial. Myokem gets around the question of how much Leucine you can absorb at once in mTor Pro by the inclusion of the extra Leucine as a time release, in theory increasing the amount you can actually absorb and benefit from.

MOving on to the EAAs, these are aminos your body needs but cannot synthesize on its own. The inclusion of 2.5g total is more than many competing products and stacks up well. It's hard to argue with the ratio included as each individuals own diet will dictate how much of any single one you would be lacking in or could benefit more from. Should be noted that one EAA was excluded from this product, tryptophan, and more information on it can be found here: (https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002332.htm). Instead, Tyrosine is included which is a conditional amino acid that can be useful in times of stress.

AstraGin is an an absorption agent and the dosage is the same as if you got the product on its own. The inclusion here is nice, no good having something fully dosed if your body struggles to use it.

Finally we have the hydration element. The star out of this team is the taurine which in addition to being necessary to metabolize fat, also helps with the cardiovascular system. The other two ingredients are electrolytes, always a nice addition to aid in hydration.

8.5/10
      Taste: I'm a fan of the Mango Lemonade. As a few other reviewers have noted, this isn't the strongest of tastes but it works for this product. It's not overly sweet, more of a tart taste, but the lemonade takes a backseat to the mango.

Mixability: No issues at all here, it mixed up quick and didn't settle out.

Dosing: As discussed in the ingredients section, the dosing is spot on per dose. There are 3 ways I tried this product: first thing when i woke up, as an intra workout, and before bed.

8.5/10

It's a BCAA/EAA product so effectiveness is always going to be a little in the eye of the beholder but from my point of view, this was an effective product. No matter when I took it, I noticed a reduction in soreness compared to not taking a BCAA product (I do get BCAAs from protein in any case but I have always noticed my DOMS reduced when taking a separate BCAA product no matter what protein I had).

In my experience, this product worked best for me as an intra-workout. I'm a fan of stim-heavy pre-workouts so I don't need much more from an intra instead this was a great combo of aminos and hydration elements. I found my DOMS reduced and my workouts kept going strong with this product, both the strength side and cardio were helped by this product.

9.0/10
      Always the magic question with products like this. The standard price of this product is about $30 for 30 servings, $1 a dose. Whether that is a good value depends on what you compare this to. If you compare this a regular BCAA product, such as one of the Scivation products, then this is going to be significantly more per dose. That being said, this product has much more in it than most standard BCAA products due to the time release aspect of the Leucine, the inclusion of the EAAs and the name AstraGin w/hydration elements. For the inclusion of all of those products, this is closer to a full-featured Intra product similar to what you get from NutraBio's Intra-blast (currently #1 ranked). That product goes for closer to $1.33 a dose so this product is actually less expensive for what might be a comparative ingredient list.

In the end, there is a lot of value in this product if the extra ingredients besides the BCAAs are important to you. I think the extras are well worth the cost and this is a good contender for my intra workout of choice going forward.

Side Effects

None, this stuff goes down smooth and no issues.

Conclusion

8.7/10

Bottomline: This product works and it works well. There is a big ole hunk of 8g of BCAAs total and then you add the EAAs, the AstraGin, and the hydration elements and you end up with one loaded compound that at $1 a dose, doesn't break the bank. Highly Recommended.
      • Mango Lemonade: 8/10

August 28, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Faster Recovery
      • Lots Of EAA

Myokem wins the BCAA/EAA game in every way possible. A high amount of amino acids, time released leucine, hydration, astragin.you name it. Only real small downside is the availability

36 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there.
      I always add some BCAA/EAA product to my standard stack. Amino Acids protect against muscle breakdown, repairs muscle tissue(reduces DOMS) and is well used as an intra to fight muscle fatigue. I was looking to buy some Myokem products before, mostly seeing the good reviews on SR.com, but the availability was a bit of a problem. I have been trying some EAA products in the recent past. Started with Redcon1's Grunt which was a very nice product. Primeval EAA max topped this but mTor outshines them both.
      Huge thanks to mTor for letting me run this product.

Reaper61 just recently posted a very nice review and listed the ingredients.
      one scoop is 13.7g

EAA's

Absorption/ enhancement

Hydration Matrix
      Sodium Chloride 75mg

As mentioned in the introduction the ingredient profile is solid and covers more aspects than comparable products. The comparable products mentioned (EEA Max and Grunt) contain less BCAA's;5 vs. 8g and way less EAA's (approx.. 1g vs a whopping 2,5g!). The ingredient profile differs in one aspect. mTor contains Tyrosine as compared to Tryptophan . Also, taurine is included as compared to EAA Max. Grunt doesn't contain electrolytes at all.

A nice addition, and a novelty from mTor is the addition of time released Leucine which releases after about three hours. Great stuff.

I received the blue raspberry. Tasted as expected. Not too much foam when mixing and just a little settling. No issues on this part.

This product works as expected from the excellent ingredient profile. On days I managed to squeeze in a gruelling workout my Doms were way less than expected and experienced before. I usually scoop some BCAA/EAA in with my pre to sip on during a workout and drink a serving every day. On hydration this product really shines, excellent stuff.
      What stood out most though was the immense reduction in Doms (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), really unprecedented. Used as an intra I noticed some increase in time to fatigue during training; shorter resting periods and a bit more reps. Where is was completely happy with EEA MAX from primeval; When it comes to effectiveness mTor pro is the best BCAA/EAA product I have used period.

mTor Pro is available on Myokem's website and Amazon and surprisingly enough that's it. The price is 30 dollars or one dollar a serving on both. For a standard BCAA product this would be a bit expensive, but this is comparable to the other mentioned BCAA/EAA products. For the amount and the abundancy of ingredients you are getting this is a more than fair price. A small problem with mTor pro is the fact that is not available through most known supplement resellers and probably not known to the mass public It's actually reported as discontinued at A1supplements.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

A real impressive product. I don't think any other brand will be able to top mTor in the near future. An ingredient profile that covers all area's you could wish for and effectiveness as could be expected from this broad and superb ingredient profile.
      • Blue Raspberry: 7/10

August 26, 2018

• Well Dosed

mTOR Pro delivers a nice surprise in a saturated market with a unique spin on a stapled ingredient in the recovery game.

Big thanks to Myokem for letting me run mTOR pro. Anyone knows, if you are going to be serious in the gym or any type of athletic event, having a great recovery program is key to staying injury free, and continuing to perform at a higher level. BCAA/EAA products have a niche for this category because they can help fight off muscle breakdown, and help in assisting muscle tissue repair, as well as buffer muscle exhaustion and fatigue. I am always looking for a product that will help keep me going during the most grueling of workouts to where I can constantly give my best effort, and be recovered enough to try just as hard the very next day.

The ingredient profile for mTOR Pro is very straightforward and fully disclosed:
        one scoop (13.7g), we have over 10g of EAAs. The composition is:

Instantized BCAAs
        2.5g leucine
        1.25g L-isoluceine
        1.25g valine

Active Hydration Matrix:
        Sodium Chloride 75mg

This product really does deliver it all. You have 10g's of EAA's which is a great dose of Amino's that your body does not make, so the fact that it is replenishing them is a big positive. They have also included AstraGin in this to help the overall absorption into the body. For me that is a really smart move because you can have the greatest ingredients in the world, but if the consumer cannot absorb them into their body for proper use, then what is the point?

The big claim to fame on this product is the time released Leucine. Per Myokem: "ActiveTR is a revolutionary development that causes a release of a 3 gram bolus of leucine three hours after consumption. What does that mean exactly? With mTOR PRO, you will get the benefits of traditional BCAAs with the benefit of a second release of leucine 2.5-3 hours later. Now you can maximize MPS and the power of leucine for nearly double the time. That means less servings you have to use and endless possibilities of timing. This could be used even at night time to maximize MPS while sleeping, whereas our competitors' products will fall very short".

Fancy paragraph for saying that this ingredient will keep working hours after consumption. It is a pretty interesting concept if you ask me.

So I requested the fruit punch flavor, and for the most part, it tasted pretty decent. It was more on the mild side of flavoring rather than a strong flavor such as a red Gatorade or Hawaiian Punch. I really didn't mind this flavor and found that it was pleasant with 32oz of water.

The mixability was fairly decent, with a little foaming, but it would quickly subside with no issue. There was a little settling of powder at the bottom, but this occurs with most things. I quick little shake and you are back in business.

I found the best use of this was 1 scoop to 32oz of cool-cold water, and I would drink this during my workout rather than after.

I found this product to be quite effective, in the sense of buffering soreness for longer periods of time. Usually, if I tear my body down on a leg day I can start to feel the muscle ache and soreness the same day. While consuming this product, I would find that the muscle soreness was more delayed if not completely mitigated. For me, this was a sign that the time released ingredients were doing their job for the fact that they kept working over a longer period of time in my body to fight muscle soreness and fatigue.

The hydration aspect was on point too. I found myself not feeling to drink as much fluid during the day due to the increased hydration sensation from this product. Because of this, I had to force myself to constantly keep filling my bottle with water, even though my body did not "crave" fluids.

Recovery time during sets was also significantly reduced, and the quality of exertion on sets was also increased. Basically, I could keep pushing at a higher rate, for smaller rest periods. This is a win in my book.

So it is weird, I actually am having a hard time finding this online at several of my normal vendors. You can, however, find it online at Amazon, and the Myokem website itself. Both offer this product at $30 for 30 servings giving you a price of $1 per serving. I would say that this puts it at a competitive price range, but hopefully when it appears on more sites, the price per serving drops.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this was a fantastic intra product. I like the idea of the time released ingredients, and to be honest the idea behind it makes sense. Companies are always trying to re-invent the wheel with caffeine to make it time released or for it to have a longer half-life, so why not do it with intra and recovery products as well? I know if I find a product that prolongs the benefits of recovery ingredients, and does not charge an arm and a leg for it, that company is going to have my business. Good job to Myokem for doing it right with this one.
        • Fruit Punch: 7/10

February 12, 2018

• Faster Recovery

I'm a competing powerlifter. Right now, I'm cutting a few vanity pounds, so I can afford to bulk for as long as possible. I train 5 days a week and do a mix of heavy compounds with lighter accessories. I had been eyeing mTOR PRO for some time, and decided to get a tub two months ago when bb.com was having a clearance sale.

mTOR PRO is an intra workout product from Myokem. In one scoop (13.7g), we have over 10g of EAAs. The composition is:

Instantized BCAAs (2.5g leucine, 1.25g isoluceine, 1.25g valine)
          Methionine 100mg

EAAs are essential amino acids. The body cannot make them so we must get them from our diet. EAAs are better at stimulating muscle protein synthesis than using just BCAAs, so they are preferable, but they are more expensive. 10g EAAs is an effective dose.

There's also 50mg astra gin to improve the absorbability of the other ingredients.

For hydration, we have electrolytes:
          and Taurine 1g

I got the mango lemonade and it tastes pretty okay, 7.5. It's a bit light in terms of flavor (especially if I fill one of my larger shakers), but the taste is pleasant, not too sweet, nothing bitter or off.

The mixability is pretty good. There's a bit of sediment on the shaker, but it's not clumpy or anything.

I dosed 1 scoop at a time.

I was hoping to see two things with this product, improved muscle recovery and improved hydration. mTOR PRO hit the mark on both fronts, 9/10.

With this product, I have been able to reduce my rest times between sets, allowing me to do more sets each workout. I have also been able to add weight to my workouts each week. In other words, my productivity is sky high right now.

I've also noticed that I'm less thirsty during my workouts. I used to finish my shaker and then have to go to the water fountain for more water.

With mTOR, however, I'm fine with just my shaker.

I only paid half price for my tub ($17), so for me, the value was fantastic. Right now, you can get it on amazon for $30, which I think is a pretty fair deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was my first Myokem product, and it rocked. They are definitely a brand to look out for.
          • Mango Lemonade: 7/10

November 23, 2016

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Faster Recovery
          • Increase Endurance
            What's up SR family around the world! A couple of weeks ago, a question was posted regarding Myokem's mTOR PRO amino acid product. I have been using this for over a year and at the time I started using this, I was an on-line rep here and could not post any reviews of other companies I use in my supplement regiment. Now that I am free to move about the SR world, I would like to bring you my review of mTOR PRO.

For those who have used Myokem products, we know this company, in my opinion, has not released a product, which was not innovated or did not work; mTOR PRO works!

The ingredients in mTOR PRO are fully disclosed, even their mTOR Recovery Matrix is fully disclosed. This has your basic 2:1:1 ratios of BCAA, 5 grams in total. However, here are some of the goodies that are in mTOR PRO that I would like to point out:

Time release L-Leucine (as Active TR), it has 3 grams, and this is the main ingredients that make mTOR PRO stand out from your typical BCAA. What is Active TR, in basic terms, it is the compound that makes the Leucine time release in your system. The science behind Active TR, it allows the Leucine to release every 2 hours in your body. Regular Leucine peaks at 30 mins after ingestion and starts to drop within an hour to an hour and half after ingestion. However, with L-Leucine as Active TR, peaks the same as regular Leucine, but it starts to rise about 2 hours after and releases every 2 hours afterward, which mean, you will have active L-Leucine for almost 8 hours in your system.

In addition to the time released L-Leucine, you get 50 mg of AstraGin, which helps with the absorption of aminos, vitamins, and glucosamine. Furthermore, you have 1 gram of Taurine and 150 mg of potassium, which helps with any cramping you may encounter; I use mTOR PRO as an intra-workout and post workout supplement.

Taste
            I always get the Dragon Fruit, it is not bad, a little bitter for me; it's the same taste as their pre-workout Nitramine.

Mixing
            This mixes well, sometimes I would get a little foam, but it will settle within a min or so

They recommend 1 scoop, which you can use for intra or post; I used this as both. I notice the effects of hydration increase when I used it with coconut water.

Okay, you are asking yourself the same question I did when I 1st started using mTOR PRO, does the time release L- Leucine really works. Let me tell you, it does! The 1st thing I noticed while using this as an intra, was the ability to do longer cardio sessions, I was able to increase my bike riding time and treadmill time by 30 to 45 additional minutes, from the normal hour I do of cardio. In addition, my body would recover a bit faster in between sets, especially when I would do a heavy compound workout and there was a rest period of over 2 minutes.

When I would use mTOR PRO as a post supplement, I wanted to see how the effects were if taken on its own, I normally add my BCAA to my post protein shake, just to get more BCAA into my system. Therefore, I would take a serving about an hour after and I have to say, any DOMS that were creeping up were reduced. To me, mTOR PRO worked best for me when taken about an hour before going to sleep; the next day, I felt refreshed and not as sore.

This comes with 30 servings, so if you use it every day, you get a month's worth. You can find this online for as low as $24.99, which is a great value for a BCAA that comes with the ingredient profile as mTOR PRO.

Side Effects

None to speak of

Conclusion

I think when mTOR PRO was released, a lot of us were skeptical at the fact of time released L- Leucine, is it fairy dust? In addition, I felt this was not marketed as aggressive, I would have liked Myokem to have provided this for the Expert Reviewers and Troopers. This has been a sleeper product that I feel we should all try and it is priced below most of the new intra aminos that are being released today. This has been my staple BCAA for over a year and I will continue to use until something else that is priced the same and provides the same benefits as mTOR PRO comes along.