AfterShock Recovery Reviews

• Fast Recovery
  • Awesome Post Workout
  • Unique Flavor
  • Good Mass Gainer
    Just finished my first tub after buying it a while back when Prosource had their 6lb tubs for $30 when they are regularly $60 (not sure if it was a mistake on their part or what). I'm pretty sure it was Meuth who posted about it on the forums so I would like to thank him for bringing this to my attention so I could try this wonderful product for cheap. I'm also pretty sure there are a couple different Aftershock blends but I am reviewing the newer blend (Aftershock Tactical Post-workout Catalyst) because I could only find one option for Aftershock.

Here's a quick summary of the Profile:

34g Protein (Whey)
    35g Carbs
    6g BCAAs
    8g Prop. Blend of Creatine and Glutamine
    1.5g Joint Support Blend

This has definitely been my favorite Postworkout Supplement that I have used. I think it has helped me in my quest for more mass and weight and it gives me great recovery with little to no soreness. I really enjoy having the Protein and Carbs in one powder so I didn't have to combine 2 different supplements. I feel like they were in good quantities too because I usually aim for about 30g Protein and the 35g of Carbs didn't fill me up too much so I could eat a big Postworkout meal about an hour after taking it. The only part of this product that I didn't see any effect from was the Joint Support because as I got heavier in my lifts, my joints still felt a little achy until I added Super Cissus. I wasn't disappointed in this though because I didn't buy this product for joint support but for muscle recovery and its Protein/Carbs.

Taste: 7/10
    I had the Fruit Punch and it tasted a bit like the Chewable Chalky Flinstones vitamins. Sometimes it was a little hard to choke down after a hard workout (I feel this way about most Postworkout shakes though).

Mixability: 7/10
    It mixed pretty well with the exception of foam and some sediment at the bottom of my bottle. Shaking it up again before drinking it fixed the sediment problem though.

As stated earlier, I got this for a great price but its regular price sounds expensive but considering what you're getting, it's pretty good. A $60 6lb tub gives 33 servings that lasted me about 2 months when I exercised every other day. So it would cost about $30 a month which is pretty standard if you ask me.

I highly recommend this product to anyone searching for a good Postworkout recovery supplement. I regret not buying more than one tub when it was so cheap on prosource so if you find it for a good price, try stocking up because I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm going to try ON's 2:1:1 recovery next due to its great reviews and decide which will become a part of my bulking stack.