AfterShock Recovery Reviews

• Lean Muscle
  • Unique Flavor
  • Bit Pricey
  • Wish It Still Had Kre-alklyn
I was always hesitant about Myogenix Aftershock because when I first tried it back in 2010 I knew nothing about the company. I was really pleased with overall results after recommendations here in SR from fellow members and it has been a staple supplement of mine for quite a while.

Taste/Mixability: 9.8/10

As many have stated, the taste may not be too pleasant for some. Indeed the contents such as BCAA's and creatine are tough to conceal. I did make an uninformed purchase once and got the Wild Berry Blast flavor which was pretty bad. Then I searched for another flavor and, tired of chocolate and vanilla, fixed my eyes upon piña colada. I haven't tried more flavors of this product since. I absolutely love it. Granted mixability may be a bit tough but just use 16oz+ of water, maybe some ice and it will be very refreshing.

Ingredient Profile: 9.6/10

I am very happy with the high quality hidrolyzed whey isolate that it contains. Love the good BCAA blend and the creatine chelate. Yeah it could maybe be better if it were kre-alkalyn specially when I'm on a cut but I don't complain much. I really like the fact that it has glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate for joint support. I further find it impressive that it has under 300 cals per serving with the amount of ingredients it includes.

Effectiveness: 9.9/10

This is probably what I like the most about this product and it is also what it really comes down to: results. My recovery has never been better since using this, no matter how intense my workouts may have been. I have been able to gain lean muscle with it too, zero bloating. I've used this product when cutting and when trying to add lean muscle too, in both cases it has proven to be very successful. I personally love how sometimes I am beat after a grueling workout and drinking this in a few gulps almost provides me that instant sensation of replenishment and well being.

Value: 9.0/10

When I first checked the price of this product I thought to myself it was quite steep. I no longer feel the same way. Results with it have proven me sometimes expensive turns out cheap. Probably could be a tad cheaper but I don't think it's a factor to complain about.

Overall: 9.6/10

This is a very serious recovery product. The ingredient profile is very complete and it shows upon taking this repeatedly post-workout. I love the 34g of protein per serving and how versatile this supplement is for it can be used on a bulk or a cut. Granted I haven't used any other recovery products but maybe it is because of how satisfied I am with this product (And maybe products such as Biorhythm's Afterglow are just too rich for my blood). I recommend this to anyone who wants to build muscle, reduce soreness, plans to do a cut or just someone who plainly wants a high quality and complete recovery formula. Try it out and my bet is you won't be dissaointed.