Premium Gold Whey Protein Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Protein > Whey Protein
Premium Gold Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MuscleTech. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • No Exact Protein Values
----Quick Summary----
MuscleTech's Premium Gold 100% Whey Protein is a whey isolate, with whey peptides and a great taste. It delivers 24g of protein, 4g of carbs, and 2g of fat in a 34g scoop. It is just as good for cooking as it is as a shake.

----Introduction----
I had a witty paragraph about MuscleTech's reputation and history typed up. It was analogy-heavy and had obvious jabs thrown at the company. I realized before finishing it that it was just plain stupid. It's hard sometimes, to forget what (anything) used to be, and focus on what it has become. MuscleTech, the absolute titanic company, has gone through some absolutely ridiculous phases. I think they've ditched some of their nasty habits, and have delivered a very clean, very useful protein powder.

----Ingredient Profile----
(Premium Protein Blend)
Whey Peptides, Whey Isolate

Whey Protein Concentrate
Cocoa

Then your standard ingredients such as flavors and binders. No hidden preservatives or such evil lol.

----Mixability----
I was excited to try this in different mediums and ways. It claims to mix easily in water with just a spoon. Not only did a spoon mix it well with water, it did just as well in whole milk and almond milk. I personally enjoyed it most in 8oz cold, whole milk. Though a spoon does the job, the consistency of each medium was different when I used a blender as opposed to the spoon. It seemed thicker, yet more aerated, like an actual shake, which is how I prefer it. There was no grit or clumps in any scenario.

----Taste----
The taste was forwardly pleasant, not over or underwhelming. It was similar to a mild milk-chocolate cereal, rather than a super-rich chocolate icecream (though the flavor name IS Double Rich Chocolate). When used as a shake, the taste never got tiresome, but when used as pancake batter, I lost all self-control entirely. Since focusing on my food-source quality, I can typically stretch protein powder out for a few months and get more than enough protein through meat and dairy. However, once I made this into pancakes, I realized the tub simply would not last.

----Dosing----
There's 10g of (not protein) in the mix, and the container doesn't tell you exactly how much. While detailed transparency is nice, lets be honest. As long as I get all of the protein you're claiming is in the container, do what you gotta do to make it mix and taste superb. Just don't get carried away. 24g of protein is a nice addition to my diet in any circumstance.

----Effectiveness----
So this is where everyone adlibs for a bit before saying that it sits well on the stomach and doesn't give gas or diarrhea, right?
It sits well on the stomach and doesn't give gas or diarrhea. The pancakes also didn't seem to cause any ill effects for my girlfriend or myself. I expected to be trumpeting from the backside with as many as we ate, but I won't complain about side effects that never happened.

----Value----
I've found it on sale for just under $21 for a 2.5lb tub, which would be $0.70/serving, or $0.03 per-gram of protein, while milk itself is around $0.04 per-gram of protein.

----Side Effects----
Nope

----Conclusion----
I'm personally impressed with the direction MuscleTech seems to be going. The taste is great, and the quality is wonderful before even factoring in the low cost of the product. It makes for a great shake between meals or bangin' ass pancakes whenever.
  • Double Rich Chocolate: 8/10

• August 1, 2018

Nice review, man. Muscletech does seem to have made a turn for the better lately. I've never made protein pancakes before, but that sounds amazing! I'm gonna have to try that soon.

• fat2ripped
    August 1, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-08-01 14:02:38

Hey just curious but did you get your MuscleTech products for free, I get them free also separate from this site and haven't reviewed I didn't know if it was allowed or not.

• TheVenom
    August 1, 2018

How you come across your products is irrelevant imo, as long as the reviews themselves are honest and totally open to feedback and questions. I received this particular product free of charge, as part of a muscletech promotion. I've been lead to believe that YOUR price doesn't have as much bearing as the average price you find online. So if it's free, that shouldn't mean "hey awesome value, you paid nothing". It's all about honest, unbiased opinion.

• dmf8625
    August 1, 2018

In regards to the ingredient profile section, if you are not going to provide a complete list of the supplement facts, I would recommend uploading a photo of them with the review for reference.

• TheVenom