Platinum Multivitamin Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Platinum Multivitamin is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by MuscleTech. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

August 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Great Value
  • Missing Vitamin K And Chromium
  • Some Vitamins Under-dosed

A multi-vitamin missing a few key vitamins and some are under-dosed. A few of the vitamins used cheap forms, but the price is right on this product. If you are not overly concerned with some of the dosing, then give this a shot. A few extra's here truly bring this multi together nicely.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I saw Muscletech's platinum multi-vitamin on the bounty list, and I have not tried a Muscletech supplement in over a decade, so I figured why not. I read up on the ingredient profile and it looked safe and interesting enough, so I decided to grab it up and do a review. Let us see what this new and improved muscletech has in store for us, at least multi-vitamin wise.

I will not do my usual and define all the vitamins I find essential. That probably is way too long and I doubt people read it. However, I will discuss the important vitamins I look for in a multi-vitamin and their dosing, as well as the form of the vitamin on a few key vitamins. Here we have a completely transparent label, which is pretty awesome, and it does contain quite a few extra's in this, so that is always a nice perk to have.

The vitamins I find most essential in a multi are Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, Calcium, Zinc, and Chromium. Some extra's I personally prefer to have are Iron, Magnesium, and Boron.

Vitamin A: Here we get 10,000 IU which is a healthy dose as 3,000 IU is the RDA. Muscletech uses Retinyl Acetate and Beta-Carotene as the forms. Beta-Carotene is what you want to see, while Retinyl Acetate may have some toxicity to it, so not a good thing to have here. Muscletech took the cheap route here.

Vitamin B6/B12: Good dose of B6 at 10mg with RDA being 1.3mg. B12 has 100mcg with an RDA of 2.4mcg however it uses the cheap version called Cyancobalmin. I would like to see the methyl form here. Unfortunately most multi's use this cheap version, but it could be better.

Vitamin C/E/Calcium: 135m of Vitamin C with RDA being at 60mg, 90IU of Vitamin E and you only want a maximum of 1500 IU daily here, so thats a nice safe dose. The forms of Vitamin E are dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate which is what you want to see. We get 175mg of Calcium with an RDA of 1,000-2,500mcg RDA.

Now we have some under-dosed ingredients here. Vitamin D is only dosed at 400IU while you want at least 600IU daily, Folic Acid is only at 300mcg with an RDA of 400mcg, and Zinc is only 9.5mg with an RDA of 11mg. These dosages are not severely under-dosed but definitely should be increased.

We are missing Vitamin K and Chromium from this multi, so thats no good. We only get 145mg of Magnesium with an RDA of 420mg, but we have a very healthy dose of Boron at 10mg which is the highest I have seen in a multi-vitamin yet.

Now lets discuss the extra's:

Amino Support Matrix (865mg): A small dosing of some key Amino's but still not a bad thing to have here. This blend nets us Glycine (806mg), ALA (49mg), Methionine (2.5mg), Citrulline Malate (2.5mg), Arginine HCI (2.5mg), and Cysteine (2.5mg).

Herbal Matrix (536mg): Way too many to list out, but a small dosing of some greens and reds for you. This was helpful to me as I switched my diet to all protein so I will take any added boost in this department. Do not rely on this to meet your daily requirements though, just a small boost.

Enzyme Complex (50mg): This was more helpful than I realized. This is 25mg of Amylase and 25mg of Papain. While taking this, this kept my gut healthy while doing this carnivore diet, and I had some issues develop once I ran out. So this is my favorite of all the extra's included, and is great to have.

Mineral Support Complex (29mg): A mixture of Inositol (10mg), Boron (10mg), and Choline (9mg).

I feel this profile is a bit of a mixed bag. We are missing some key vitamins that I like to see, and a few are under-dosed. Those issues definitely need to be addressed before this multi can be the best in my eyes. I do like some of the extra's included here.

Taste/Mixability: No taste, pill form. Easy to swallow and no weird taste or smell.

Dosing: Directions call for one dose (3 pills) daily with water. I took them with my first meal of the day. Easy as it gets.

I gauge a multi-vitamin on if I got sick or not during my run and just my overall well being. I did not get sick at all during this run, and felt fine so it did its job at the end of the day. The biggest factor here are the missing and under-dosed ingredients. The dosing is truly what sets one multi-vitamin apart from another. As I discussed above, the Enzyme complex aided me in digesting an all protein diet, and that was the biggest drop off I had after I ran out of this. It got my attention when I switched vitamins (with no enzyme support) and my stomach was twisted in a knot, it needed that extra help in digestion. Its not a bad vitamin if you are not concerned with Vitamin K or chromium and take a separate Vitamin D as I do. However, a multi should have all the key ingredients and you should not have to take any other pills to get your RDA. I say this is average at best.

Here is the biggest shining point of the product. I grabbed this from Amazon for $10.74 (free shipping with Prime) for a 30 day supply (90 capsules). That is 36 cents a day which is a very good deal. Sure, they use the cheap version of B12 and have some flaws, but if you are looking for just the basic vitamins each day then this price is an amazing deal. Due to its dosing on my preferences though I can only say this is an average deal, but I have no regrets paying this price to try it out.

You can also find this on special a lot, currently via Priceplow Muscle & Strength has a BOGO for $13.97. https://www.priceplow.com/muscletech/platinum-multivitamin

Side Effects

No weird colored pee or anything like that.

Conclusion

If this vitamin included Vitamin K and chromium and upped the dosing a bit on Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and Zinc then this would be stellar. Some people do not like Vitamin K in their multi's so that may or may not be an issue for you. Either way it has some nice extra's to it, the price is right, so I can safely recommend this. Just understand whats missing and under-dosed and you will do fine on it. End of the day, I never fell ill or anything during this run, so yes it does its job.

May 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Nutritional Profile

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

My name is Sergio and I'm currently a student living in London, Ontario, Canada. I've just started working out again after a long time and I've been using these vitamins for almost 2 months now.

As a multivitamin I would say that the ingredients are pretty good. It has all the major vitamins required except for iron, but I guess that iron is not that hard to take from other sources, including fortified cereal. Iron could be a problem for women because of menstrual cycle, but for men it's not necessary. When comparing the ingredients to top brands such as ON, they are pretty similar. Vitamin A is the same, Vitamin C is 135 mg vs 300 mg for ON, Vitamin D is actually higher at 400 IU vs 300 IU for ON. I can go on, but the nutritional profile is very similar. It also has a herbal matrix with green tea extract, green coffee extract, among others. I think that these ingredients actually make a difference in this product when comparing them to other generic multivitamins. One thing that I especially like about this product is the fact that every ingredient is fully disclosed, no proprietary blends where you can't really see the amount of each ingredient.

Well, we're talking about vitamins here so there's no mixability. The recommended dosage is 3 pills a day, but I've been taking only two and I've been feeling great. The pills themselves are regular sized, not really hard to swallow. Usually if you buy vitamins separately you end up taking 10 or more pills per day, but taking 2 of these with the first meal of the day is not bad at all.

Excellent value here. I take them with my first meal of the day and I've been feeling fantastic. I usually tend to feel sleepy as the day goes on, and I've noticed that with these pills I've been feeling less sleepy and a lot more energetic. Sometimes it's late in the afternoon/night and I still feel energetic. I know that diet and sleep have a lot to do with this, but I do feel that these vitamins have helped me a lot.

UPDATE: After taking them for longer I found that the effects have actually started to improve (well, I don't know if having more energy is always better, but I prefer to think it is) Usually I tend to get lazy in the afternoon after coming home from school. With these vitamins I feel the need to workout even if I'm feeling a little bit tired. My girlfriend actually asked me once if I was on drugs because of my excess energy. No, I don't use drugs, and while I've been eating better than I used to, I'm pretty sure that the vitamins are doing what they're supposed to do.

Fantastic value. I got these on bodybuilding.com in a huge pack containing 2 90 caplets bottles, as well as 4 small 21 caplets bottles (so a total of 264 pills) for around $30. Even with the recommended dose of 3 pills per day, they should last for 3 months. With just 2 pills per day, I expect to have them for almost 4 months and a half.

Side Effects

No side effects here, other than I do feel that if you take them late at night then you'll have problems sleeping because they do make you feel energetic. The only thing that has happened is that my urine is now kinda lime colored, but if you drink enough water during the day then it becomes normal again.

Conclusion

Best multivitamins I've ever taken. The pills are not hard to swallow, no side effects, and if you get them on promotion you'll get a fantastic deal. I haven't tried many other multivitamins specifically made for men, just the generic ones that you would find on GNC or big box stores, however I can say that these are surely top of the line. When comparing these to the generic ones, it's just like night and day. I would certainly recommend it.