Platinum 100% Fish Oil Reviews

By: MuscleTech

6.8

(Better than 0% in Essential Fatty Acids)

Platinum 100% Fish Oil is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by MuscleTech. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
2.8
4.8
3.8
(SR paid for product; MuscleTech did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Dosing

A basic fish oil supplement that has a low amount fish oil. Cheaper and better ones available.

This is my 2nd review on a supplement provided by the SR family so thank you to them. I was running low on my daily fish oil and I wanted to try a different brand. I use the same fish oil all the time so why not try another one.

This is your basic fish oil. Calories are 10 and fat is 1 g. It has 1000 mg of the fish oil which consists of omega 3 fatty acids 350 mg, EPA 180 mg, and DHA 120 mg. The question is how much fish oil do you need in a day. The general rule of thumb for fish oil is taking a product that provides 700 to 1,000 mg of EPA and 200 to 500 mg of DHA. I give the ingredients a low rating because this does not contain enough fish oil elements unless you take 2 or 3 pills a day and the ingredients say to just take one.

It doesn't have a bad taste. Some fish oils will leave your breath smelling like tuna but this did not happen. Mixability is not an issue here as it is a soft gel. The dosing says to take one per day and do not exceed more than 1 soft gel in a 24-hour period. I took 1 in the morning and at night because that is part of my daily fish oil intake. There's a debate about how much fish oil to take in a day but I always stick with 3400 mg a day which is 1700 mg in the morning and 1700 mg at night. I give this a low rating.

Fish oil has many benefits like it helps with ADHD, Alzheimer's, anxiety, arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, immunity, and weight loss. Athletes will use fish oil to speed up recovery time, burn body fat, support testosterone levels, and promote muscle growth. Fish oil supplements also cut the risk of heart attacks, lower blood pressure, and prevent strokes. As with all types of vitamins and some supplements, it's hard to rate the effectiveness. I felt that it did what a fish oil needed to do but in a low amount. I give it a low rating because, with a low dose, you are not getting all the benefits.

This has a 100 soft gel capsules and could last at least 3 months if you take one per day. The cost was anywhere from $11 up to $22. That is a high cost fish oil. Typically, I'm able to get 200 soft gels for $7 and it has more fish oil, so I do prefer to stay with what I normally get which is Spring Valley. I say the cost is too high, so I give it a low ranking.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This was a typical fish oil. The ingredients are fine. The taste was fine. It was as effective but still too low in fish oil. The value is low because I'm able to get twice as much oil at half the price. There were no side effects. I give this a low rating overall because there are many other better choices out there.

• bctuthill
    April 16, 2018

This looks like it's available for $10.99 at luckyvitamin.com or BOGO for $14 at bodybuilding.com-- That's really a 2.3 valuation?

• Zsteinf
    April 16, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-04-16 16:15:39

Good catch. When I searched online, I was only able to find it as low as $14. I changed the value a little. Even at $11, still to much when i can get better fish oil for $7 and has 3400 mg when this is $11 for 1000 mg of fish oil.

• bctuthill