Platinum 100% Carnitine Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Platinum 100% Carnitine is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by MuscleTech. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
7.1
  January 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Great Value

I very rarely buy products from MuscleTech. I think as a company they have a tendency to over promise and under deliver. Past products like NaNOx9 (now NanoVapor) were total busts, and just looking at their label makes me think their money goes more towards advertising than researching. Their products also tend to come at a premium price. All that aside, when I decided to add Carnitine to my stack, their Platinum-line 100% Carnitine seemed to be one of, if not the best option available in terms of both quality and price. Having not supplemented with Carnitine in the past, I quickly noticed the effects and have been impressed. I've read elsewhere that some people are "non-responders" to Carnitine supplementation, and it's something that's going to need to have it's efficacy in your stack determined on an individual basis.

Keep in mind that Carnitine is already produced naturally in the body and is also readily available in foods like meats, nuts, seeds, and many vegetables. Beef is one of the most potent sources of the dipeptide, supplying approximately 81mg in a 3oz cut of steak. For comparison to this product, one pill provides 500mg of the most studied form: L-Carnitine L-Tartrate.

There are two main reasons why athletes add Carnitine to their diets: Energy and Fat Loss. I can certainly attest to the first, and will explain further in the effectiveness section, but there has been a lot of research that indicates the effectiveness for Fat Loss is minimal and mainly attributed to the increased energy production and the ability to work harder as a result.

Studies on Fat Loss aside, it would make sense that Carnitine does have a direct effect on the ability to reduce body fat reserves because of the way it works. Put simply, it transfers fatty acids to mitochondria, which are the main energy centers at the cellular level-- literally aiding the body in using fat for fuel. What's more is that it is supposedly indiscriminate and can utilize any triglyceride. This means that it might be a supplement useful for someone struggling to burn stubborn areas of body fat. Just keep in mind that as with all supplements, it's a means to an end and isn't going to do that work for you!

Carnitine is also one of the most heavily researched supplements available and there are no side effects noted anywhere, at least based on what I've seen. It's a product you can try without worrying about interactions with any other elements of your stack.

Pure L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, 500mg per pill.

No taste or mixing (pills)

Take 1 pill, twice daily.

I've found it's best to take without food for maximum energy effects.

When taken on an empty stomach, the effects are similar to caffeine. You get a bit of an energy boost, but it's very gentle. It seemed to have an immediately positive effect on my endurance levels with both weights and cardio, and the effects on endurance is one of the reasons it's a staple supplement for many endurance athletes. The energy effects are noticeably gentler than caffeine, but also come without any jitters or crash. The two work especially well in combination.

As for fat loss, despite research saying the fat loss is dependent on the energy increase leading to an ability to increase workload, I have noticed that the speed I'm able to lose body fat has increased without any real changes to my workouts themselves.

This is $17 on Amazon for 180 capsules, a 90-day supply. Cheap enough to try for just about anyone.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've had great results with this product, but as I mentioned in the intro, there have been studies conducted that say some people will be non-responders. It's far from a must-have in your stack, but it can be added universally and for the price I really couldn't be happier with it. I've had positive effects from the first dose and would recommend it to anyone because of the cost::benefit potential. I'm hoping Labdoor will add carnitine to their researched products soon so I can see how pure this product really is.