Phase8 Reviews

• Powdery
  • Chalky Taste
  • Overpriced
  • Digestion Problems
Now as I mentioned in my PUSH10 review, this was not something I went out and bought, instead I won two 5lb tubs of this along with several other products during a MuscleTech/Bodybuilding.com giveaway. Now lets jump into this review with the taste, which as always will be rated in different ways.

Milk 7/10 The flavor I received was Milk Chocolate, it wasn't bad at all, but I wasn't a huge fan and after awhile it does become a bit too bland. It was probably partially because of the fact it takes forever to mix and I usually didn't have the patience. Another issue with the taste was it seemed to taste a bit more like dark chocolate instead of Milk Chocolate, and I hate dark chocolate. Gotta admit though, the taste grew on me after awhile and I found several ways of using this protein that made me like it even more. They want you to mix this with 7-8oz of liquid but I found using 12oz gave it a much better and MUCH smoother taste.

Water 5.5/10 Not good, not bad, but I was only able to do this a few times. In water its chalky and too thin for my liking. While other chocolate proteins can usually do a decent job of masking the fact you used water instead of milk, this did exactly what you would expect, gave me chocolate water, not something to enjoy.

The best taste I found was with 12oz chocolate milk and 2 pasteurized eggs mixed in (making it 8.5/10), throw in a serving of peanut butter and you got a mini gainer shake that's incredible tasting.

Mixability 5/10 Wow this took a lot of shaking, and I mean a lot, which is very odd since it has such an extremely fine powder. A regular shaker bottle simply wont cut it, a lot of shaking with a blender bottle and it becomes pretty smooth after 5 minutes of shaking, 5 minutes of sitting, and another 5 minutes of shaking but with a pretty awesome milkshake texture. If you don't give it enough time to fully dissolve it has a very gritty taste/texture to it that reminds me of a very cheap protein from late 90's/early 2000's.

Profile 7/10 Well its a pretty standard protein powder, nothing real special here but its protein, it doesn't have to have anything special added for it to work.

Per 1 scoop
Protein 26g
Calcium 20mg (2%)
Iron 1mg (6%)
And a Digestive Enzyme Matrix of Papain and Amylase, 50mg each

Value 5/10 Looking on AllStarHealth.com you can grab a 50 serving container for $50 or a 22 serving container for $30, that's more than I want to spend per serving for a protein unless it has a bunch of extras added to it, for a plain protein such as this, Id rather not. When compared to proteins such as Syntha-6, the price is just plain ridiculous

Side Effects were low, one only...protein farts. Now trust me, that's saying something for me since I have never had protein farts before, until I started using this protein (And anabolic Halo as well, different review all together).

And while not a Side Effect, be prepared to lick your fingers afterwards, the powder sticks to everything. If you take your completely dry hand and just lay it on top of the powder, when you pull it out you'll probably have enough for a full scoop just clinging to your hand, its really bad. It will also stick to the mouth opening of your blender bottle while mixing and when you pop the lid you will find a large clump surrounding the lip, especially if you used 2 scoops and a lot of liquid.

Bottom line: It tastes pretty good, it has a SLIGHTLY better profile than others, and it works. Would I recommend this product, perhaps if it was on sale, but its not something I will search for.

• GymJunkie
    October 21, 2013

It grew on me after awhile...but awhile longer it started to become bland

Pretty much what I was trying to say but didnt word it right lol, I had 10lbs of it