Nitro-Tech Hardcore has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Protein > Whey Protein
Nitro-Tech Hardcore is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MuscleTech. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Nitro-Tech Hardcore has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

November 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Complete Ripoff!!!
  • Worst Protein Powder On The Market
Worst product I've come across actually. When I was younger I thought this was one of the best products since I heard Muscletech was one of the top brands. Worst mistake I could make. Bought it at a really high price and was pretty excited about taking it. This was the second protein powder I used and I hated it.

Dose: 2 scoops post-workout and 2 mid-afternoon

This stuff did nothing to me, really didn't feel much difference after going through the tub. My stomach felt heavy and ocationally found it to be like a milkshake rather than a protein powder. Really bad aspect for the product

Taste: 5/10
Has to be one of the worst tasting protein I've tried. I've had a lot of different flavors and I always stick to chocolate, which is kind of the safe way to go, right? In this case, I tried the chocolate milkshake and I didn't liked it. My friend invited me over to train at his house and gave me a glass of the strawberry flavor and I hated it. I found both flavors to be bland and mild.

Mixability: 6/10
Can't complain, at the time I didn't have a shaker or anything so I mixed it with a spoon and it was OK. Best aspect for this product I think.

Profile: 5/10
The reason I'm giving this a 5 is that with all the high marketing strategies they offer, the profile ingredient leaves a lot to wish. It's suposed to give you more than 10gr of BCAA's, however, the label doesn't especify anything, it just says 'nitrotech protein blend'

I don't really get a vote on this, since I live in Peru and everything is seriouslly overpriced, but I base my rating on the price in amazon, etc. I bought it when it was on sale and even then I thought it was expensive. Definetely overpriced and definetely not worth it.

Didn't like the product at all and I will never ever buy it again, that's for sure. I would suggest that everyone that reads this to keep away from it, and DEFINETELY don't believe anything Muscletech has to say about the products.

Hope you found it helpful, if you gave any questions, don't doubt on replying.

Cheers

Overall
Overall
2.0
2.0
  December 21, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • No Gains
  • Just A Bad Supplement Overall
I was at the mall on black friday and I stopped in at G.N.C. I seen it on sale for 31$. I figured what the hell I would give it a shot.

On the container is states that research shows a 73% increase in Lean Muscle Mass, Delivers 11 grams of leucine and 13 grams of additional BCAAS with every dose, it also states that you will gain a 143% more muscle strength than using Whey Protein.

It has 130 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 3 carbs, 25 grams of protein er serving. Here is the breakdown of the Nitrotech Hardcore Propriety blend 5,022 mg. Which includes-(Super Amino Blend) Creatine Mono, L-aspartic acid, Glycine, L-serine, L-orinithine.(BCAA- L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-Valine.(Amino Drive-L-glutamine, L-glutamic acid, L-proline, L-tyrosine. It alswo has Inositol, Taurine,D-pintol, L-arginie, AKG, trans-ferulic acid, Papin, and Amylase.

Taste and Mixing

Taste- I rate the taste a 4/10. I had the vanilla and it was one of the worst tasting shakes I've had. It left a bad after taste.

Mixing- I rate it a 8/10. It mixed very well. I never any clumps or powder left over.

Effectivness- I rate a 2/10. Everything they told me was scientifically tested didn't happen to me. MY weight stayed at 182. I didn't notice and size in my muscle, my strength did not shot up 143%. My bench stayed at 225, My deadlift at 245, and squat at 305. Everything the lable told me didn't affect me.

Value- I got this product on sale for 31$ I didn't pay much and I don't know what the normal price is. It is not worth it.

Overall- I rate this a product 2/10. I believe that Muscletech hyped this product up once again. It had a lot of false claims. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I will not use this product again.

This was my second review, I hope that I gave enough information. If anyone needs more information I will be happy to give it.

October 25, 2012

• Stomach Bloatings
First "clean" protein blend i ever used was nitro tech. I decided to buy this protein because a guy from my gym suggested this to me and because it was a "famous" brand. Well i did not satisfied but ok no problem.. i will never buy muscletech again. Theese brands are only marketing and marketing. Quality is for trash.. First of all mixability i give a 5cause it didnt mix well. Effectiveness again 5 and value 4. This product meesed up with my stomach. Every time i was taking it i had stomach bloatings for more than an half of the hour. The only good was the taste but who cares about the taste when you buy a product that is not efficient? So i give an overall 5.

August 12, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • No Gains
  • Not 73% More Effective At Building Lean Muscle
  • Alot Of Fillers
  • Fairly Expensive
I guess you could say im an extreme sucker for marketing. I saw all of the claims when I just got really back into working out and had to go buy myself a chocolate flavored nitrotech.

The taste isn't that great. As the funny claims say it doesn't build 73% more muscle, in fact I got very minimal gains from this product.

Overall 7/10
just didn't do the trick for me. Claims were outrageous, I can't bash too hard because it wasn't the worst product ever but I don't think i'll buy again

August 3, 2012

Cons:
Ok I got this on offer and then read the reviews and though oh no - however.

Im a duathlete and a 10k cross country runner. Protein is protein as far as Im concerned I only look for 3 things, Amino Acids, Reletively Low Carbs and taste.

ok Amino Acids yep its got em
Reletively low carbs, Im generally on a keto diet before a race or a strenuous workout with weight work, I like to just dip out of ketosis right before a race so I burn off energy in the proper way.. carbs first then protein then my fat stores, hence its gotta have some carbs but not a lot. In this reapect, yep its fine.

The big one... Taste, this is for vanilla. I have to say mixed with whole milk the vanilla makes a nice thick palatable milk shake, no chemical taste whatsoever and in fact im going to say the best tasting yet, I really dont know what folk are harping on about.

Mixing ability... Guys, carry a hand blender, simple, its not rocket science zap, its done, no lumps and no splashing smelly protein shakes all over the gym.

As for effects, protein is protein, its not going to magically turn you into lou feringo.

Id recommend it, though it is a tad expensive if not on offer ill admit.

July 9, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • No Side-effects
  • Okay Taste
  • Has Fillers
I have just finished a 4lb tub of Nitro-tech hardcore and firstly I want to say I do not recommend it. I took 2 scoops, twice a training day, and 2 scoops on resting days. They recommend 6 scoops a day, but I don't feel that was necessary. 4 scoops should be plenty (25g protein per scoop).

Results 5/10: I want results more than anything else when it comes to the supplement, and Nitro-tech did not own up. It claims '143% more muscle strength than whey users' which is total bs. The protein content in this is all Whey with a blend of BCAA and creatine. However, i have had much better results taking other cheaper protein supplements and pure creatine. I have not changed my routine drastically since taking this product and I know what I am doing in terms of nutrition and exercise. Bottom-line is that this product does NOT give you anything close as to what it says it will.

Taste 7/10: I've never been harsh on reviewing taste because I'm not picky. The taste was not bad (Vanilla) but after a while I started to dislike it. If you drink 4 scoops a day, or more, expect to get sick to the taste of this!

Value 5/10: It's priced at about $90 at my local GNC. The labeling made it seem rather intriguing so I bought a tub. Based on the recommended directions, you will burn this fast without getting the labeled results. For nearly a $100, Nitro-tech is not worth it. Just my perspective on value though.

Side-effects: I haven't had any noticeable side-effects after about 3 weeks of taking this and it's easy to mix with little foam.

Conclusion: Based on the labeling and ingredients this product looks like a very solid product. After taking a 4lb tub, it just simply does not own up. Because they don't label the amount of ingredients in their blend, there could be fillers. Maybe try Nitro-tech out if you can get it for next to free, but otherwise, look at other options.

April 18, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ok Gains
  • A Bit Pricey
Nitro-Tech is one of the staple proteins of the supplement industry. Purchased my 4 lb tub for $50 on Bodybuilding.com. 1 scoop serving size and 54 servings per 4 lb tub.

Chocolate Milkshake is pretty good and mixes fine in water and is great in milk.

If you got time throw in a scoop and a half with frozen berry blend, 1 banana, vanilla yogurt, 1 scoop peanut butter/nutella, some chocolate syrup for calories, and one cup milk... Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-25g protein per scoop.
-Creatine monohydrate
-standard BCAA Blend
-130 Calories

Nitro-Tech hardcore is a bit pricey compared to some of the huge Optimum Whey bags you can get or some Muscle Milk deals you can get at Costco.

It has everything you need. Proteins these days are basically all the same. The only thing that differentiates them is the BCAA blends, taste, and creatine.

I took one scoop in the morning, one scoop pre-workout, one scoop after workout, and one scoop before bed so that is 100 grams a day. Plus I eat a ton of protein in the form of grilled chicken.

This product really gave me what I needed to perform at a high intensity when I first got into power bodybuilding training. I would live heavy in the mornings, do bodybuilding sculpting/volumizing workouts after work, then go on a big run or do beach sprints after that.

Good product and would recommend it.

Fair and Honest,
GodofSerbia1

March 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ok Gains
  • Strength Gains
  • Weight Gains
  • Helped Get Me Leaner
  • Fairly Expensive
I had been on this product since Jan '12.
I went through a 5 pound jug of vanilla, 3 2pound jugs of strawberry and a 2pound jug of vanilla. And what I can say is this: 1st I got it each time on sale. I wont buy ANY protein unless its on sale, this is why Im an employee at GNC, haha, discount! 2nd. Taste was legit, and I normally hate strawberry, but both flavors were excellent, I always liked it better with an oz or 2 less water though, and i was great mixed with milk, whole milk I prefer, sometimes add a banana and a scoop of crunchy peanutbutter for that extra protein, blend and done. 3. may sound gross, but i noticed a big difference in the old number two when it came to my digestive system, proving to me I was absorbing the protein much more. 4. most important, I saw a big difference in my stength and appearence, and 4 people in the gym this past week have commented on my size and how good I look, my shoulders and chest I saw the most gains. I dont lift for power because I am a Kicker, I lift for explosion and flexability, and Im always trying for that "lean" look, so I would for sure say this product helped with that. I also improved my bench by 25pounds in 12-weeks, Im up to 5x5 at 175 bench press, up from 150-155. and my over head press is up to 8x8 at 100pounds I started with 65. I say try this product if the price is right, I enjoyed it

3.0
  August 12, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ok Gains
  • Complete Ripoff!!!
  • Just A Bad Supplement Overall
Nitro-Tech and Nitro-Tech Hardcore, what's the difference? Nothing.

I can tell you what makes them exactly the same, after consuming Nitro-Tech prepare to see your belly increase in size. As a whey-protein supplement with some creatine, it was effective in developing lean muscles but there are other brands that do the same or even better at a much lower cost.

As for the strength increase please don't believe what muscle tech tells you at the back of the Nitro-Tech container. Your strength will increase naturally if you constantly work out in the gym. I absolutely don't see the connection between Nitro Tech and a strength increase.

In terms of mixability, Nitro Tech doesn't mix well. I had to put another serving of water for it to mix properly as it was like mixing sand.

In terms of taste, Nitro Tech hardcore taste absolutely horrible even with strawberry flavor. Although Strawberry flavor was better than the Chocolate flavor.

As I said again Nitro Tech Hardcore will develop your lean muscles, provide you with a pot belly and of course put a lot of holes in your wallet/pocket. I would suggest purchasing other brands that are more effective and much cheaper.

July 17, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None...literally
  • Nausea
  • Terrible Taste
  • No Gains
  • Not 73% More Effective At Building Lean Muscle
  • Alot Of Fillers
okay theres countless reviews on how bad this product is , but i just want people to know my experience and know its a let down.

first of all there is countless labels claiming Nitro-Tech to be the #1 supplement and that its superior than standard whey isolate. it also says its studied at saskatchewan , where in the hell is that ? sounds like osama studied this stuff. also states you gain 73% more muscle. i mean seriously..? okay now to reviewing.

taste/mixability-7-i actually picked up straw-bannana and the very first time was delicious but i dont care about taste and when it got farther in the tub , it became nauseating and i swear it smelled like throw-up.it did have good exture though.

effectiveness-5- i did not see any results , when i switched to 100% gold standard whey by on , i seen an immediate difference. i think this protein put fat on me. i been stwitched over for a couple weeks and my diet is the same and ive became more vascular.this protein also literally makes you wanna hurl for 2 hours after consuming. so i took it within seconds of going to bed . it was that bad

value-5-it was horrible and i wouldnt buy it again if it was 5$ im not gonna give anything a 0 but if i could it would be value.

overall i dont recommend this to anyone just for the fact its very upsetting to your stomach. and it tends to add more weight then muscle. there are so many proteins out there so dont think you have to try it to see what it does to you. avoid MuscleTech altogether.their product are FILLED with fillers and are hard on the body. hope this helped anyone looking to clear up anything about MuscleTech and Nitro-Tech protein. and y the way if i could give any product a 0 , it would be this one , im not a drastic kind of person.