Nitro-Tech Bars has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Nitro-Tech Bars Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Energy Supplements > Bars
Nitro-Tech Bars is an Energy Bar manufactured by MuscleTech. It helps fuel your body by providing extra calories to increase muscle performance and endurance.

Nitro-Tech Bars has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Protein
  • High Sugar Alcohol
I thought long and hard about writing this review, but in the end I decided I should write it to give my personal experience with the product, that's what this site is about right? This is not meant to be a typical "bash MuscleTech and say they suck" review, but rather an honest perspective on this product. I was in need of some protein bars, and these were available at the local Post Exchange at 30% off. These ended up sitting in my room for about 4 months before I ended up eating them all so now I can finally write my honest review on them. On to the performance points:

Profile (7/10): The baseline profile on these looks pretty decent, 30 grams of protein, anywhere from 4 to 6 net carbs per bar, and a relatively low fat content of 5 grams per bar. It's the proprietary blend that MuscleTech has long been knocked for that turned me off to this product. I don't really see the need for creatine in a protein bar, and this has it in there. It also has 15 grams of sugar alcohol per bar, and every time I ate one of these I would find myself in the bathroom not to long after. I think MuscleTech personally should have just stuck to the basics with this product, not everything has to be an extravagant concoction.

Texture (8/10): These bars are not too hard and are actually pretty moist and soft. They are rather chalky though, and I would feel the need to drink plenty of water with one of these. Despite the softness, they were kind of hard to chew, they are an anomaly in that regard.

Taste (3/10): I had a mix and match of 3 flavors; Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Crisp, and Peanut Butter Chocolate, and the Peanut Butter Chocolate was the only tolerable flavor. The Strawberry Shortcake one was just straight up nasty, it tasted like a lot of things, and many that I can't repeat on here, but Strawberry Shortcake was definitely not one of them. The Chocolate Crisp had one of the nastiest aftertastes I have ever endured with any food, supplement or not. I'm not one to gripe about taste often, it's one thing if it's a drink you can just chug. It's another when it's a bar you have to actually eat. They should feature the Strawberry Shortcake bar on the next episode of Fear Factor.

Effectiveness (6/10): Hard to really gauge since they are just protein bars, they were a decent filling snack when I could force them down though. The bars are pretty decent sized (80 grams) and I primarily used them for a pre-workout snack. As mentioned before though, the sugar alcohol in them made me have to go dookie after to long, sometimes during my workout, and I was not to wild about that.

Price (5/10): I got these at 30% off, so they were a decent value for me. Normally though, these run at about 25 bucks for a 12 pack, or $2.08 a bar. There are much better values for protein bars that will taste a whole heck of a lot better then these things did.

I bought these out of convenience, and they ended up collecting dust in my room. I know I'm probably not providing a revelation to a lot of people out there, but this is a below average product for protein bars as far as I'm concerned, these get a thumbs down from me.

• Kyl35
    January 29, 2011

Great review man, never tried theses but now I never will! lol

• bpierce13
    January 29, 2011

awesome review. i was going to try these but now i know i shouldn't waste my money! Thanks shinndigg

• shinndigg
    January 29, 2011

Yea brother, don't bother. Not that I would have to pull your arm on that anyways, lol.

• Cray

Excellent review.

• taysab23
    January 29, 2011

i've had these and ill say i did like them. I got like 10 bars for 25 bucks at gnc once. They def were a good post workout bar.. not compared to like a post workout product.. and def not my choice, but they did the job surprinsgly.

• January 30, 2011

Are you talking about the the regular nitro-tech bars or the hardcore cars. There is only 1 gram of sugar in the hardcores.

• December 24, 2013

I know you didnt like the nitro tech bars but have you ever tried the meso tech bars? fudgin amazing taste compared to these and perfect post workout bar when a shake or a meal isnt within reach highly recommend them!