TROOP CP

Neurocore Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #37 of 225 (better than 84%) in

Neurocore is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MuscleTech. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (13)
THIS PRODUCT

1067mg
CATEGORY AVG

2202mg

Non-essential amino acid that buffers lactic acid in the body by increasing cellular carnitine levels leading to greater endurance, strength, and power.

THIS PRODUCT

1000mg
CATEGORY AVG

1057mg

Creatine bonded to hydrochloric acid which possesses all the same benefits as creatine monohydrate without the bloating and GI distress.

COMPARE SIMILAR

E-2016
  September 9, 2016

----Introduction----
What's up SR, here with my next review, I recently finished Muscle Techs Neurocore Pre-Workout and Six Stars Intra-Workout Amino Max; as I took them together Six Star will be the subject of my next review. I've passed Muscle Techs products many times but for no real reason ever tried them. While walking through a K-Mart I saw them both for $16.99 on sale so I couldn't refuse the buy (was it destiny?).

----Ingredient Profile----
I saw a lot of ingredients that I liked and only a few that I didn't. Some very common ingredients contained in this product are Beta-alanine, Caffeine and Creatine HCI. Beta-alanine is at 1.6g which is a very good amount and I have to say I love that pins and needles feeling, Caffeine at 160mg and Creatine at 1.5g.

The next two ingredients are not as common as the previous three but I am happily seeing them in more and more supplements are L-Citrulline and L-Theanine. L-Citrulline (1.5g) is an amino acid that is a precursor to L-Arginine and a transporter of different nutrients in the body (Check out my review on L-Arginine if you have any questions on that). L-Theanine (75mg) is another amino acid which I actually use in a Mood/Memory Stack that I will have to do a forum post on in the near future. This helps transmit nerve impulses to the brain increases positive mood and has a world of other health benefits.

The next ingredient is Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root which I don't remember ever seeing before and had to look up. I hate not knowing what I am taking so I have to research all the ingredients, it seems tedious to some but it's fun for me because it's interesting and you guys get to benefit and not have to do any of the leg work. This ingredient interested me and I am surprised that it alluded me for so long, Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root has wealth of health benefits that I could go on about but for the sake of this review being about a pre workout it benefits are to elevate the capacity for exercise, aid in weight reduction, increase sexual function and improve energy levels. It also has long been known to shorten recovery time after prolonged workouts, to increase attention span, memory, strength, and anti-toxic action, a definite A+ on this ingredient. I might even buy it separately, thanks Muscle Tech.

The last major ingredient is Yohimbie Extract which I am familiar with seeing in a lot of products and supplements but had completely forgotten its purpose (so I looked it up). From what I have read Yohimbie is used for weight loss and to reduce cellulite but for all the studies that say this is true I found an equal number that have a direct contradiction or have come up inconclusive. So if it works for you great if not I'm not surprised and outside of taking it with nothing else I'm not sure how you would tell.

And now for the infamous "Other Ingredients" section; this section is always the section I hate, where they put all the bad, filler and extra ingredients. It is what it is guys I have yet to see a pre-workout or just about any product that doesn't contain at least one of these.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I'm always weary about buying new pre-workouts; I hate wasting my money on something that I'm going to hate or use once and throw away. I cannot say this about Muscle Techs Neurocore PWO. This stuff tasted great, I was impressed. It tasted exactly how it was labeled like Icey blue raspberry with zero after taste. The perfect taste mixing for me is two scoops in 32oz of water.

This mixed well; giving it about 5 minutes to dissolve and a few shakes in a clear bottle showed zero solids just clear blue. It did produce a frothy top but after the first two gulps that was gone. As I drink this throughout my workout it sits for sometimes long periods of time, what I didn't see that was a plus was the mix sinking to the bottom. This mixed well and stayed mixed.

Each serving size is 1 scoop containing 6 full grams. The ingredient label is split into two sections displaying a double dose, 2 scoops of 12 full grams. This is per the directions to be used in either 8 or 12oz of water, as I said before I use 32oz with two scoops for the taste that works for me.

----Effectiveness----
I get up at 3am and my workouts start soon after so besides a quick bite to eat I need something to WAKE ME UP! Again as I said before I take two scoops in 32oz of water this for me is the best tasting plus I like to drink it through my workout as opposed to downing it right before. In that mix on average about 15 minutes into two to three gulps I can feel the pins and needles behind my ears and neck. 20-25 minutes I can feel it throughout my entire body. Midway through my workout I feel upbeat, positive and energetic.

For me 300mg of caffeine is a starting point, I am by no means sensitive to it and need a lot more to feel an effect. I fixed this by supplementing an additional No Doze which has 200mg a pill; with this combination I was on the road to success. I take this at about 3:20AM and I felt its effects up to about 10:00AM. At this point I level off and experience no crash.

I feel that this combination of ingredients make me feel like I want to keep going, this helps in the transition from weights to cardio or vice versa.

----Value----
As I said in the introduction I found this and the amino product in a K-Mart that had them on sale for $16.99. Although this is not the regular or average price the normal price is not much more. The average price is $20 and can be found just about anywhere which is always a plus.

----Side Effects----
Each individual ingredient has its toxic levels if you take them in too large of an amount but for you to do that with this product you will get sick from the actual mix before you do any damage relating to any particular ingredient. This product does cause that pins and needles feeling, I like it but I know some like my wife who hate it (more for me). So for those that don't like that pins and needles feeling than this is not for you. There are many PWO's without Beta-alanine; you might also stay away from Niacin which causes a flush that has a similar feeling. Other than those I see no side effects.

----Conclusion----
This was actually my first time taking a Muscle Tech product and as weird as that might sound I've been taking supplements for a long time. I wish I would have tried this sooner, I highly recommend this product because it meets or exceeds my standards in almost all categories. Check this one out it opened the door for me to buy more Muscle Tech products. That's about it SR, thanks for having me!

P.S. The Neurocore I took was I am guessing the old label seen in the pics that I attached, it wouldn't let me start a new product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • No Crash
  • Focus
  • Long-lasting Effects
  • Needs More Caffiene
  • Icy Blue Rasberry: 8/10
Wolfhawk46
  February 20, 2015

----Introduction----
Ok, first review. I know, I know, It's my first review, so I must be a market rep or something similar. Well, I am not, and I just recently found the time/motivation to start writing reviews after having been a long-time reader of this website. I am in the military and have been working out for about 7 years. I have been participating in MMA since high-school and that kept in shape prior to joining. I also was a personal trainer for 2 years while in the military and have owned my own online supplement store (past tense). I eat Paleo due to a Gluten allergy and I am currently working my way up from my fight weight (135) to a normal weight (165-175).

Alright, now that is out of the way, I am writing this review first because I have been using this product for about 3 years now and still believe it to be one of the best PWOs out there, especially for cardio. I prefer it over Jack3d (the old, good kind - before they remade it), NO Xplode (Ugh), C4 (great if you aren't planning on running), muscle marinade, and a bunch of other weaker imitations that aren't worth mentioning.

----Ingredient Profile---- 8
The ingredient profile on Neurocore is pretty good. It has your Beta-alanine, your creatine and your caffeine in decent quantities. To get the full effect, you will need to take 3 scoops which will likely make you feel like your face is on fire and like you have been bitten by a rabid werewolf. It also manages to add in some Yohimbe bark to antagonize your receptors and improve blood flow. Neurocore also contains arginine to make your muscles feel like they are going explode out of your skin - in a good way.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- 7
The taste is downright mediocre, but I don't put a lot of emphasis on taste in a pre-workout product. I am rocking the Fruit Punch flavor because it was on sale and it tastes...sort of like bitter Hawaiian Punch. Do yourself a favor and mix it in a low amount of water and toss it back quickly. Still, not the worst I've ever had, PWOs are not know for being tasty.

----Effectiveness---- 9
After a long day at work, this stuff 30 minutes before my workout gets me going again. It takes me from tired and annoyed to pissed off, angry, and ready to lift some metal (a combination of the caffeine and beta-alanine). I cannot attest to the "focus" claims that it makes since I have ADHD and I have the attention span of a circus monkey. I can, however, attest to the Beta-alanine as it makes your skin feel like there are thousands of ants crawling underneath it. Additionally, it does give you some sick pumps if that's something you're looking for. Ok, the best part about Neurocore is that it doesn't make you want to throw if you run while using it! Jack3d and C4 both make me feel like I am dying if I try and run while taking them, Neurocore is the only PWO I have ever used that does not (excluding the relatively ineffective Muscle Marinade).

----Value----9
I picked up a 45 servings container for $17. That's about as cheap as I've ever seen a PWO. I use 1-2 scoops per night, so one tub lasts quite awhile. Stim junkies will probably need 3 scoops a workout, which will decrease the value for you. Then again, most PWOs do the same thing.

----Side Effects----9
None. Possibly some GI distress as is common with PWOs, but nothing that has ever messed me or the people I work out with very badly.

----Conclusion----
So there you have it. This is my favorite PWO, though I am looking forward to trying out Pre-Jym in the future or something from Beast or EVL. Hopefully you got something out of my first review. I'm out.

-Kick-Ass
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Possible Crash
  • Will Keep You Up All Night If You Take It Late
nickyfondz
  February 2, 2014

Price: 8/10
$28 for 45 servings is about the average for most everyday pre-workouts. I call it an everyday pre-workout because it is something with a lot of servings and a good price. It is not the type of PWO you would want to take when you are going for a PR, but day-in and day-out it will get the job done. Two scoops will usually gets the job done. So figure around $1 per workout. Still not a terrible price.

Mixability: 9/10
No problems with mixability. Nowadays, I believe just about everything should be able to mix almost perfectly. Supplements have been out for years and most companies are able to produce them well enough. There's no reason to have grit at the bottom anymore. This one does not.

Taste: 5/10
I had the fruit punch flavor. It was decent. I love having a PWO with a great taste. I feel like it's such a mental advantage when you are excited to take/taste your PWO. I never got excited to taste this one, but it wasn't hard to drink either. Very average.

Energy: 6/10
I went with two scoops per workout with this. As an everyday PWO, it is good for everyone. If you are stim-sensitive, this is perfect. If you are not, take two scoops. Energy levels were definitely higher than without a PWO, but they were not through the roof. As I said, you will probably not be breaking any PRs, but it does give a decent amount of energy.

Ingredient profile: 4/10
One thing I do like is the fact that everything on the label is written out with dose sizes. 1g of beta-alinine is decent, but with two scoops it is perfect. Creatine HCl has 1g as well, which is much better at two scoops. Caffeine is 120mg per scoops, 240mg is much better. Not a big fan of yohimbe either. I can just feel my blood pressure rise whenever I have it. The low dose doesn't really have an effect in neurocore. Overall, it's somewhat of a weak ingredient profile.

If you're stim-sensitive and taking one scoop per workout, then this is a great value. Most people will probably need two scoops, which then makes this just an average value. It's okay, but nothing great. If the PWO were a little more effective I would give it a better value.

Overall: 6.5/10
It's a decent PWO for the everyday person. If you are a hardcore powerlifting/bodybuilder, then this is not for you. It is a good PWO for someone that is just starting to try them. No heavy stims or huge ingredient profile.

I would only recommend this for the everyday gym-goer or someone that is new to pre-workouts.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Energy
  • Needs More Flavor Varieties
SergioPLR12
  November 17, 2013

Hey there people. Today I'm writing a review on Muscletech's Neurocore. This is a long overdue review, I finished it quite some time ago and really liked it. I'm the kind of person that really likes to take pre's because it boosts my energy, endurance and pump on my workouts. I'm a bit of an addict and I've tried all the popular ones. Ok, I got a bit carried away there so I'm beginning the review.

Dose: 3 scoops before the workout

A weird 9 actually. I was really surprised at how well this product performed. I hate Muscletech from top to bottom but this is their one product I think it's worth trying. Loved the pump, the energy and the tunnel view. Best aspect of this product by far.

Taste: 2/10
Hated it. I had the Fruit Punch flavor and was the worst pre-workout taste I've had since. I had to force it down my throat with my fingers pressing my nose. Hated it from the very first to the last scoop.

Mixability: 4/10
Clumping was present every single time and I found it to be very disturbing. In a blender, shaker, anything, it mixed bad.

Profile: 8/10
Really good profile actually. The NeuroCore Complex was very well stacked and it gave me a good dose of Beta-alanine (3200mg) which I found it to be a pretty good deal. Also liked the addition of geranium and rhodiola extract.

Like I always say on my reviews, I don't really get much vote in this because I live in Peru and here everything is over-priced. But I base my rating on the prices in amazon, bb.com, etc. Like all Muscletech products, this is a little expensive, but worth the bucks.

Really liked it actually, besides the taste and mixability, a solid product. Definetely would try it again sometime hoping that the guys at Muscletech fix the flavor. I highly recommend it.

Hope you found my review helpful guys, if you have some doubts just reply.

Cheers!
  • Needs More Flavor Varieties
  • Mixability
felipeba
  September 21, 2013

Took this product over a month, didn't get the scoop size. Had more than 50 scoops (in a 45 scoops container), using the scoop full. Think the way they measure it is like a "heaping scoop" or something similar.

Need to say sometimes I also took Astravar 2.0 with this PW.

Value: 10. Got it on a BOGO on BB. It was a good deal.

Profile: 8. Good profile, but I think it should have more L-Citruline and Beta-Alanine per scoop. The stims are ok IMHO.
And the labe is full disclosed, always a good stuff.

Taste: 7. Grape.
Mix: 5. Need to shake well to get all stuff gone, but when you do this it will foam a lot.

Effectiveness: 8. You need 3 scoops to get things really going. Sometimes I took 2 scoops + Astravar 2.0 and could feel the tingles like if it was 3 scoops. 3 scoops + Astravar were the best for me, but c'mon, it was "2 pre-workouts".

Energy/Focus: 8. Pushed me at the gym, this part was very good.
Pump: 7. Pumps came easier and lasted longer. Just 3 or 4 times I got tremendous pumps, out of 30 times...
Endurance: 9. Added more weight and sometimes more reps to my sets.

Cons: 3. Sometimes was agitated after my training, kind of 45-60 minutes after it.

Overall: 8.5

I liked it and I have another container and will use in the near future. Wish I had a scale to measure how much I was taking per scoop, think next time I'll focus on using the container on 15-20 workouts to max the effects.
  • Will Keep You Up All Night If You Take It Late
  • Doesn't Mix Well
marydee
  June 17, 2013

Bodybuilding.com had a BOGO sale for Neurocure, so I decided to give it a try. I liked that it has a small list of ingredients unlike other preworkouts that load themselves up with so many ingredients which either cancel themselves out or are in such small amounts they're unnecessary anyway. Neurocore keeps it pretty simple with studied ingredients that have been proven to work. Better yet, they give the exact amount of each (major plus there's 1,000 mg creatine HCl/scoop!). I'm not sensitive to stimulants at all, but one scoop (or less) is all I need to give me a good kick and keep me going all day. I even use it in place of coffee sometimes. Seriously, there's NO crash whatsoever and it hits within 10 minutes. I've taken it in the morning and it'll keep me going all day, and I've taken it in the evening and am able to go to bed a few hours later with no issues. The only negative I have to say about it is the flavor. Grape and Blue Raspberry are hard to stomach, but Fruit Punch is pretty tasty. It helps to drink it with cold water for some reason. Along with the taste, the smell is extremely "chemically" and artificial, but that can be expected with supplements. Other than that, it's great stuff. Recommended.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Energy
  • Focus
  • Gained Strength
  • Personally I Didnt Crash
  • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
  • Long-lasting Effects
PhatGame
  May 28, 2013

Overview: I had to give this product a shot when they came out with the new formula. My man Phil Heath recommends it and more importantly they actually list each ingredient. I began taking one scoop, and soon realized this product is very effective at 2-3 scoops. I definitely made some gains in strength, leaned out, and added muscle. Can't ask for much more than that.

Profile 9/10: It has everything you need, just not enough dosage in one scoop.

Beta-Alanine & L-Citrulline: 2 aminos similar in the sense that they promote vascularity and endurance. These are a must for me in a pwo.

Creatine HCL: This a newer creatine that you supposedly absorb better and thus don't need to take as much of. I've never been a huge creatine guy so you'd have to check that one out for yourself.

Rhodiola, Yohimbe, DMAE: These help burn fat and the DMAE in particular is for focus.

L-theanine: From what I read on this one it supposedly reduces anxiety. I think this is important to mention for any pwo supplement.

Taste N/A: I would just scoop it into my mouth and wash it down with water. I can't imagine it tasted fantastic though.

Effectiveness 8/10: When I took this product I noticed a few things in particular: A solid pump (nice veins), more endurance, great focus, a strong rush of energy, and a crash (not that this bothers me). I started out taking one scoop and didn't see these positive effects. When I began taking two scoops there was a noticeable difference in energy and focus. For the few times I took 3 scoops the only major difference was the veins popping out of my arms. This product definitely gets the blood flowing.

Value (6/10): If what was in 2-3 scoops was in one scoop than this would be a fabulous value.

Overall 8/10: Very good product. I appreciate the fact that they list each ingredient. Also, I think the ingredients they chose are perfect and there really is not any unnecessary fillers or random ingredients. You got your stims, focus ingredients, fat burners, aminos for some veins/endurance, and creatine. I think the dosage isn't enough but if you are looking to just get a great workout today then this product will do it.

I would definitely recommend this product. Like I mentioned, at 2 scoops+ you will get a fantastic workout. If you workout about 4 times a week you can stretch a tub of this to a bout a month.

My personal advice would be to take the two scoops for a nice boost in energy, focus & endurance. Then, to maximize your results, add the appropriate doses of beta alanine, citrulline, and creatine. These are all fairly cheap and you would not have to add too much (I'm not sure about creatine hcl price you'd have to check on that one).

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Energy
  • Gained Strength
  • Nice Ingredient Profile
  • It Will Make You Crash
  • Not The Best Value
WetSprocket
  February 26, 2013

So this is the first time I have made an account for this site. It is also my first review so it may not be as pristine as everyone else's.

I may not have given the greatest ratings overall, but I am also one who doesn't believe in giving 10's. I do think NeuroCore is a better than average pre-workout product. I have used SuperPump 250 when it was around then switched to Jack3d and then switched to No-Explode for a bit. I think all those where good products just miss the older formula of SuperPump 250. I think NeuroCore is not as abrasive as these other two (the No-Explode and Jack3d) but it does seem to have a better capability for maintaining focus.

I have finished one container of the NeuroCore and have actually decided to buy it again. I like how it does not produce an overly tingly sensation before working out. I am currently on a detox cycle so my supplement use is turned down while I do that for one week.
_____________________________________________

I started using it when I picked up running again after the holidays. I got some mild cramps but I believe that was more relating to my water intake as I picked up on my cardio. It does seem that it allows me to remained focus on longer workouts then I usually experienced with other products. However, do to the excess length of workouts it does lead to some mild fatigue when I was finished. Since I usually workout at night it was not a massive problem. I guess some don't care for the taste, personally I don't think it's a major big deal. If you drink the 5-hour energy shots the taste is no worse than those things.

It works well, and I personally have no problems with the taste. The effectiveness (other than the focus) is semi lower. There is still a good pump and my workouts still rock, but the pump is not the same as some of the other products out there. Still I personally will take a lesser degree pump for a high degree of focus during my workout hours. A personal bonus to the product is how quick it is to activate. Pills can take a while and so can some other pre-workout powders that I have tried. NeuroCore works in about 15 minutes from what I have seen. It helps when I work a 12 hour shift and then take it while I'm on my way to the gym then change quickly and boom; I'm ready.

Honestly, the best part of the whole product is its price. For the most part (depending where you purchase) you get a lot of bang for your buck. With that said some key vitamin stores will charge a bit over the prices you will find on the internet.
_____________________________________________

While on NeuroCore my diet was for the most part as health as can be. A lot of fruits and vegetables, meat, shakes, etc. About the only possible side to my diet that was not so good was the BumbleBee Salmon Steaks that I buy as snacks. Other than those my diet has been aimed to maintain high levels of proteins but not cutting carbs completely. What can I say I still like a good cheeseburger.

My workout typically goes;

Chest/Tri and 30 min run day one

Back/Bi and 30 min Elliptical day two

Shoulders/Legs/abs day three

Day four is an optional day- sometimes it's an off day and other days I may swim or work on the punching back.

Then the cycle repeats.

Anyhow that was just some of the generality of my experience with the product. I think it is a good product. And I see how some people may not like it if they are used to the twitchy, ***ly feeling of products such as Jack3d but I still prefer the more focused energy of NeuroCore that I experienced with the product.

Thanks for reading.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Quick Energy
  • Possible Crash
  • Not As Significant Of A Pump
Judd90
  January 26, 2013

Neurocore is Muscletech's attempt at a concentrated pre-workout intensifier. This supplement is in the same category of supplements as jack3d and other PWO's, however I found it to be very ineffective when compared to the leading supplements in the market.

Taste – 7/10
The fruit punch was my flavour of choice but I found it to be lacking in the taste department somewhat. I found that it had a very artificial and chemical tinge to it. I did find it mixed very well and didn't experience any problems in that department.
Effectiveness – 5/10
I found this supplement lost its effectiveness within a week of using it and I felt no benefits during week 2 so I discontinued use for a week then started again but it only had a slight effect at the highest dosage. The pump was ok but the intensity and direction that I look to get from a pre-workout formula was lacking.

Ingredients – 6/10
This supplement doesn't get a good rating for me for the ingredients profile because for me its missing a CNS stimulant of some sort which I believe is why I didn't experience the tunnel vision and intensity that I look to get from a PWO. That being said, I am very insensitive to stimulants so that may be why I didn't get the same effect as many have reported. The pump could also be intensified to make this more of an NO booster by adding some L-AAKG to work in conjunction with the L-citrulline.

Value - 6/10
For me this product isn't the best of value because of the need for the maximum dosage that I find I need to take. I got just about 3 weeks worth out of a tub in the end but It was on the cheaper side of the market @ £21 for a tub (plus tax). But poor quality workouts are not good value to me.

Overall – 6/10
Overall this product is lacking in a few ingredients in my opinion. Its strength is not enough for people who are not stimulant sensitive so if you fall into this category then you should avoid this supplement like the plague. But if a coffee is enough to get you going, this might be a good supplement to start out on for the more faint of heart.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • No Energy
rsonberg
  December 10, 2012

I just want to say that i've been a member on this site for almost three years now and this will be my very first review. I hate to bash on supplements but idk how some of you guys rated Nuerocore so high or can even give this product a good review.

Taste/ Mixabilty: 6/10 The taste wasn't half bad but who really cares about that. The mixability was terrible. Always a clump of powder on the bottom that didn't dissolve into the water. I had to drink half and then swirl the spoon around quick and pound down the other half before it all settled to the bottom again.

Value: 10/10 I got a good deal off bb.com for 2 tubs for 30 bucks so i couldn't really go wrong there.

Effectiveness: 3/10 No solid pump or strength increase but i did feel a bit more focused. This was honestly a joke in comparison to the original jacked in my opinion. (Not trying to push Jacked on anybody btw, Just a comparison)

Side effects: Besides the fact that there is barely any energy or pump resulting from this supp i want to address a few more important side effects. Idk how diarrhea is not one of the top cons on this list but without skipping a beat, 10 minutes post taking this i would be on the crapper. EVERY single time. I've lost close to 12 pounds in the past months and i've been on a bulking phase. I thought there was something wrong with my thyroid so i went in for some blood results and an ekg. Results brought back a highly abnormal creatinine level and heart palpitations.

I know these side effects are most likely an accumulation of taking supplements over the years but the symptoms i've been having has really increased since i've been on this.

Overall, I'd say this supplement is not worth it. Besides the price, there are very few benefits to come from this and far more damaging side effects. I'm a huge fan of the supplement world but this stuff is just crap. I hope other people on here test it out and realize the same thing.

• Jittery
  • No Energy
  • Diarrhea
  • Heart Palpitations

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.