Mission1 Clean Protein Bars Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Mission1 Clean Protein Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by MuscleTech. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  January 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Source Of Fiber
  • Excellent Blend Of Protein
  • Flavorless
  • Chewy

I would like to thank BlakePullen for the offer that he posted on SR for these bars. I noticed the sale and couldn't resist. They were dirt cheap and since I like having a bar I went for the offer. I also like that these bars not only offered protein but fiber too.

I'm a 40 year old male that weights 235 pounds. To keep up my macros I supplement for protein where ever I can. Since I need at least 200 grams of protein I look for different sources to keep things interesting. I don't want to keep drinking shakes all day.

These protein bars have different profile per flavor ...

Chocolate Brownie - 20 grams of protein, 20 grams of fiber, 6 grams of fat, 4 grams of Carbs, 1 gram of sugar and 0 sugar alcohols.
Cookies & Cream - 21 grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber, 7 grams of fat, 5 grams of Carbs, 1 gram of sugar and 0 sugar alcohols.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - 21 grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber, 8 grams of fat, 4 grams of Carbs, 1 gram of sugar and 0 sugar alcohols.

All these bars are sweetened with Stevia that is why the low sugar count.

The protein is coming from a mix of two protein sources one being Milk Protein Isolate and the other Whey Protein Isolate. In my opinion them not using soy protein like most of the bars is really top notch.

The fiber is coming from two sources also and that is Isomalto-Oligosaccharides and Soluble corn fiber. It seems from the ingredient profile that since Isomalto is listed second than that means it's the main source of fiber for this bar. For those that know this ingredient (including myself) it is a naturally occurring plant-based dietary fiber. It is prebiotic, soluble, and low-glycemic.

I really wanted these bars to be good because the macros looked awesome. Unfortunately, that wasn't so. These bars are very chewy ... and the flavor is very blunt. I usually lean on anything that is fudge or peanut butter but to my surprise the cookies & cream tasted the best out of them. Cookies & Cream was the least chewy of all three flavors and I kind of enjoyed them. The Chocolate Fudge to my surprise was the worst and I wouldn't want to buy it again.

It's a protein bar so the purpose is to keep your macros satisfied and enjoy eating it in the process. I really like the profile of these bars but unfortunately I didn't enjoy the taste that much. In order to keep you macros satisfied you need to consume the macros that you need. It's hard to do so when you are not enjoying yourself especially when you consider that a bar should be a treat. Unfortunately this bar didn't treat me like I was hoping too. I'm guessing that Muscletech didn't have success with this bar and produced another type but baked. Again, based on what I experienced I'm not surprised with that move.

Awesome value if you buy it now ... and to my surprise supplementhunt.com has only cookies & cream left so I would go for it. They will cost you 30$ for 48 bars! ... that's a steal ...

Side Effects

Conclusion

These bars are truly clean if you look at the sugar content. They have protein and they have fiber ... so it's a really good treat. The flavor was lucking and the consistency was very chewy. Cookies & Cream was the only flavor that stood out where I would somewhat enjoy it. Overall I would look for something else that would fill the same macros but offer me a treat. So why those weird numbers I gave ... easy answer ... because if you are going to have a protein supplement effective you need to consume it ... in order to consume it you need to enjoy it ... so taste is very important .... that is why these bars are getting overall lower rating.
  • Chocolate Brownie: 5/10