Hydroxycut SX-7 Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Hydroxycut SX-7 is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by MuscleTech. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.2
(SR paid for product; MuscleTech did not participate)
  November 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Weight Loss
  • Fat Loss
  • Moderate Sensorial Effects
  • Confusing Dose Of Yohimbe
  • Low Dose Of Ingredients
  • Claims Not Met
  • Not Highly Effective
  • Low Thermogenesis Feeling

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to @Clipper83 for sending me 2 bottles of Hydroxycut SX-7 because he loves me. Well, he said it himself: "Original note from the rep: Because I love ya. -Clipper83" lol although I like to think that when he said that, he was dressed as a woman... but damn, I don't know which option is worse xD. Anywayssss, 2 bottles of this product with the intention of going down to 170lbs (from 180lbs) so my expectation was -10lbs, which would make it 5lbs less per bottle, doesn't sound impossible nor too difficult right? Let's see...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 70

- 400mg of C. Canephora Robusta. They say it's a blend but I don't see the difference in this: "C. Canephora Robusta Blend (consisting of standardized green coffee bean extract (as C. Canephora Robusta) supplying 45% chlorogenic acids and green coffee bean extract (as C. Canephora Robusta)". It's the same thing! Wtf MuscleTech!? Anyways, this is Hydroxycut's main and key ingredient. Most of their products use this ingredient. I talked about this ingredient in my Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite review so I'll copy-paste what I said there:

So what is this? It's a non-stimulant green coffee bean. From Hydroxycut.com: "C. canephora robusta beans are premium coffee beans that have not yet been roasted and, as a result, have a high level of chlorogenic acid. Hydroxycut uses a robusta coffee extract that has been produced to supply a standardized dose with 45% chlorogenic acid."

MuscleTech constantly cites this extract from a study: "In one study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (C. Canephora Robusta) in Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for 60 days lost, on average, 10.95lbs versus the placebo group, who lost an average of 5.40lbs. Both groups followed a low-calorie diet. In a separate 8 week study, subjects using the same key ingredient lost an average of 3.7lbs versus subjects using a placebo, who lost an average of 1.25lbs. Both groups followed a calorie-reduced diet and performed moderate exercise." Here's the link of the full study on the ingredient where MuscleTech takes out the extract from: https://4ha771p5br4wqo0243sxihc9-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Dellalibera2006.pdf

Other 2 studies:
1. Decaffeinated green coffee bean extract attenuates diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24817902
2. Chlorogenic acid exhibits anti-obesity property and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced-obese mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20064576

- 135mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. Also the same as Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. Caffeine is for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. For more info and benefits of Caffeine, you can read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine Watch the Caffeine amount if you take other products with Caffeine.

- 100mg of Myristica seed extract (as Myristica Fragans). MuscleTech tells us it's "A nutmeg extract that contains a powerful premium compound called myristicin, which contributes to the unique sensory experience." Examine tells us "Nutmeg is a spice believed to benefit libido, the nervous system, the digestive system, and blood circulation." Nothing related to weight/fat loss but I don't think it's wrong to add an ingredient like this. I don't know if the dose is good enough though and considering this ingredient is not really important in this context... I'll just keep going.

- 75mg of Salvia Leaf Powder (as Salvia Officinalis). MuscleTech tells us it's: "Premium compound that synergistically contributes to the sensory experience." Examine doesn't have info of this ingredient, however, it takes me to the "Ursolic Acid" page, which is an interesting ingredient. However, the dose here probably is not related or added for that so... I'll keep going. Useless ingredient in this context (product).

- 50mg of Raspberry Ketone. This ingredient doesn't seem to work (maybe only in keto diets) and this small dose is ridiculous.

- 36mg of Ecklonia Cava Stem and Leaf extract (as Ecklonia Cava): Interesting studies on reducing blood pressure, blood glucose and total cholesterol. Some use a dose of 72mg minimum. I think 36mg is a joke considering that even 72mg is still low. I expected at least a 100mg dose here.

- 8.5mg of Yohimbe Bark extract (as Pausinystalia Yohimbe) supplying 6% yohimbine. I don't know if that 8.5mg is a total amount of the bark extract and 6% of that is only Yohimbine or if those 8.5mg is already that 6% of Yohimbine. Apparently, it's the first thing I said, which would suck a lot because the other Hydroxycut (Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite) gives you the 56.3mg total amount and then it tells me it gives me Yohimbine and Rauwolscine (although it doesn't say the percent of each).

So we have 3 ingredients that will really help you with weight/fat loss directly and indirectly and then we have "accessory" ingredients to help with sensory experience, etc. As a comparison, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite has 4 ingredients and 2 "accessory" ingredients. Hydroxycut SX-7 apparently expected me to count the Raspberry Ketones and the Ecklonia Cava but I highly doubt their low dose is going to have any benefits. I'm going to give it a 6/10 here. Selection of ingredients wasn't bad but their dose was. A good thing is the C. Canephora Robusta amount although I'm confused with that "blend" they mention. That confusion could be a big difference but I'm going to assume they are giving me 2x more the amount than Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite which gives me 200mg.

CAPSULES

- White colored capsules with red letters, small-medium size, easy to swallow.

TIMING

Hydroxycut SX-7 tells you to take 1 capsule 2 times daily, 30-60 minutes before your 2 largest meals of the day. I usually took 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before breakfast (which means I took it immediately after waking up) and 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before lunch. I sometimes moved 1 capsule to 30-60 minutes before dinner to see its effects considering that's where I suffer the most with cravings.

CLAIMS

"Powerful Weight Loss. Extreme Sensory. Explosive Energy & Enhanced Focus. Increases Thermogenesis. The most advanced weight loss & clean sensory experience. Hydroxycut SX-7 is the most advanced formula today with seven super-extreme cutting edge, premium ingredients. It truly goes above and beyond anything you've ever tried! The unique, unparalleled sensory experience was designed to be the very best you can get. One pill is all you need!"

EFFECTIVENESS

Inital Weight: 180lbs
Weight wanted at the end: 170lbs
Final Weight: 175lbs

The summary of my plan was low sugar amount, moderate calorie diet (not necessarily healthy), weightlift, some 15 min cardio after lifting.

In terms of energy, it did a good job obviously. I say obviously because it has Caffeine Anhydrous lol. It worked exactly like a 135mg of Caffeine Anhydrous is supposed to work. In terms of focus & sensory experience, it worked okay but compared to Hydroxycut Elite, the effects were less, probably because of the low Yohimbe. When I tried 2 caps at once, it improved a lot but take into account that's 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. In terms of thermogenesis, I think this effect was weak. Again, I'm comparing it with Hydroxycut Elite. One thing is energy and another thing is thermogenesis. It didn't make me sweat more, it didn't make me be hyperactive. In terms of Apettite control/reduction, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

In terms of weight/fat loss, the numbers say I only lost 5 pounds in 2.5 months (2 bottles) and I lost way more with Hydroxycut Elite. But there are other factors you have to consider: 175lbs is close to my "ideal weight" so part of me knew it was going to be very difficult to reach 170lbs. Second, with Hydroxycut Elite I was taking Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone during the day and sometimes a Liquid Carnitine for my cardio. Third, I was less disciplined with my diet during this run of Hydroxycut SX-7 than I was during my run of Hydroxycut Elite. Sometimes it's not about the scale number, it's more about your clothes and some of them were telling me I was getting skinnier. People also noticed it, unfortunately, some of them without empathy, telling me that I'm skinny! *cries* I also lost volume on my Chest and Arms, probably a mix of Carbs, Fat and unfortunately muscle too :( but well, for a person just looking to weight/fat loss, this is acceptable.

VALUE

Amazon has it for $14.90, Groupon has a 2 bottle promo for $15.99! Not widely available, probably because MuscleTech will discontinue the product (like they always do). Obviously, these prices were not their real prices back then but I have to judge it based on them because it's what they are right now. If you want to try this product, then go ahead before it's gone forever.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. I once took 3 capsules (split throughout the day) and I had some abdominal pain... but it only happened once and I don't know the cause. I tried it with 3 capsules several times and it was okay without side effects.

CONCLUSION

I repeat this: "A good thing is the C. Canephora Robusta amount although I'm confused with that "blend" they mention. That confusion could be a big difference but I'm going to assume they are giving me 2x more the amount than Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite which gives me 200mg." Assuming that, that's why I was a bit dissapointed.

Energy was good, focus and sensory experience was moderate, thermogenesis was weak, weight/fat loss in numbers was weak but moderate in physical body results. Overall, weak-moderate results considering I took 2 bottles and not only 1. The selection of ingredients is acceptable but their dose is not, most are underdosed (a little and a lot). The claims put by MuscleTech in this product (check the CLAIMS section) were far from true.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Clarify the real amount and ingredients of that "C. Canephora Robusta blend".
2. Remove the Salvia Leaf Powder.
3. Remove the Raspberry Ketone.
4. Increase Yohimbe.
5. Increase Ecklonia Cava.
6. Stop removing and introducing "new" products.

• Wis3guy
    November 13, 2018

Great job, we might have to start calling you Dr. MarsheS with all the ingredient research you are doing......

• DaSlaya
    November 13, 2018

Nice review, I enjoyed reading it Marshes. I 100% agree, YES STOP MAKING DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF HYDROXYCUT lol!!

• Zsteinf
    November 14, 2018

Nice title and great review

• MarsheS
    November 14, 2018

Hahaha Thanks! :D I loved my title too ;)