Hydroxycut Lean X Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall
Overall
3.8
3.2
4.4
  May 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Long Run Needed
    • Not Effective At All
    • Bad Ingredients
    • Placebo Effect
    • Should Come With Refund
    • Poor Research
    • Poor Reason For Ingredients

Yet again, MuscleTech has claimed to re-invent the wheel in revolutionary fat loss, however, what they have created is a weight loss placebo that may only show signs of working if you run it for longer than 60 days a.k.a. buy 4 or more bottles.

Big thanks to Clipper for letting me pick this up through the bounty program. Summer is around the corner and its time to shed the winter weight. Stimulant fat burners are great and we know it can generate results that we want, but what if we are sleeping, or need something that will burn fat but not make us feel jittery? MuscleTech has brought LeanX which is a non-stimulant fat burner that is supposed to contain well-researched ingredients that will help you reach your goal, but will it?

So I will give them this, they do provide you with an open-label on this product so you know what you are taking and exactly how much you are getting from it.

Non-Stimulant Support Matrix
    N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 500 mg
    Choline Bitartrate 100 mg
    Dill Extract (as Anethum Graveolens) (seed) 50 mg
    Lion's Mane (as Hericium erinaceus) (Mycelial biomass) 50 mg
    Bioperine Black Pepper Extract (as Piper Nigrum) (fruit) Standardized for 95% piperine 5 mg

Weight Loss Plus Complex
    C.canephora robusta extract (Robusta Coffee) (Bean) Standardized for 45% Chlorogenic acids 200 mg
    Rhodiola Extract (as Rhodiola rosea) (root) Standardized for 3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides 50 mg
    Ophiopogon Extract (As Ophiopogon japonicus) (root) Supplying polysaccharides 50 mg
    Cayenne Pepper (as Capsicum annuum) (fruit) 5 mg

As you can see there are a lot of ingredients that have been put into this but we need to take a closer look at what they are especially some of the less common ones.

Dill Extract: MuscleTech's reason for adding this ingredient is: "The seed of Anethum graveolens has been used traditionally for a long time." So what is this actually used for that is beneficial to the user? According to the NIH Dill seed when used medicinally "Anethum is used as an ingredient in gripe water, given to relieve colic pain in babies and flatulence in young children.[5] The seed is aromatic, carminative, mildly diuretic, galactagogue, stimulant, and stomachic.[10,11] The essential oil in the seed relieves intestinal spasms and griping, helping to settle colic.[12,13] The carminative volatile oil improves appetite, relieves gas and aids digestion."

So is MuscleTech helping us lose weight by balancing our gas and digestion?

The second less common ingredient is Lions Mane. Again according to MuscleTech "Lions Mane is A unique mushroom with a long history of traditional use, containing compounds called hericenones."

Lion's Mane is a relatively new ingredient to the supplement world and it is mainly known for its nootropic abilities rather than weight loss. I completely understand the need for a mood enhancer, especially if you are someone who is really going through a hard strict diet. The toll of reducing food and calories on the body is hard, and having something that helps reduce the stress is great. However, research is still weak on this ingredient and there has not been a confirmed dose that actually works. Additionally, studies have shown that this has potentially shown fat burning abilities in mice, but it was only used when combined with a high-fat diet. So with that being said, if you are not doing a high-fat diet, this ingredient might not generate support with fat loss.

Ophiopogon Extract. Once again, MuscleTech's reason is "An herb with long-standing traditional use." (I hope you are noticing a theme of weak justifications.)

So if you look this ingredient up, it's not hard to find what it is primarily used for. The primary use of Ophiopogon is moisturizing. It can be used to soothe dry, scaly and itching skin. Simply use moisturizers containing Ophiopogon extracts for deep moisturizing of severely dry skin. Since it can also cool you from the inside, Ophiopogon can be used to soothe irritated and dried lungs, especially in those who have upper respiratory infections and those who smoke. It is also ideal for those who have been exposed to smoke, heat, and other conditions that dry the lungs. This herb is found in a number of tonics and herbal supplements for improving heart function. It can help cool down the heart and soothe it to regulate its functioning.

So once again, not a lot of fat burning properties in this product, or for that matter, the ingredients used are not even strongly backed by the company with a justification on why they think they should be in there.

Taste a mixability was not a factor because this comes in a capsule.

Dosing was 2 capsules twice a day giving you 27 servings per bottle, however, MuscleTech recommends that the user uses this product for a MINUMUM of 60 days to see great results. So that means, since there are only 27 servings per bottle, you need to buy 3 bottles to see the "true" benefits of the product.

So here we are at the effectiveness. You have probably guessed it, this stuff did not work. I honestly think I have had better fat loss results from taking a normal multi-vitamin. Not only did I not see effective weight management results, I did not see a decrease in appetite, or even feel a nootropic effect from the lion's mane. I honestly would take both doses a day, and forget that I even took them because they were that disappointing. I did not notice a difference in ease of bowel movements or reduction of gas, and my skin was not healthier looking. I only mention that because the included ingredients are used for that. One of the reasons I chose to get this through the bounty program was that I read the reviews and scores on bodybuilding.com (lol yeah I know) and they were positive reviews and high scores. Well, this right here should tell you that SR is the real deal when it comes to product feedback instead of sites like bodybuilding.com. Based off of what I read there, I should have seen a weight drop of at least 5lbs with this bottle, however not a single pound was shed. I really do not know what has happened to MuscleTech. I loved all of their stuff when they first started up, especially products like Thermogain and Thermoshred. However, this is nowhere near that and the company has really lost its way on creating quality products. More does not equal better. Honestly, just don't buy this. That's how I rate the effectiveness of this.

So as I mentioned earlier per MuscleTech you need 3 bottles of this to see what they deem "best results". Right now this is $20 on BB.com and they have a buy one get one free. So for one bottle without a sale, you are looking at $.74 per serving with the sale price you are $.37 per serving, and to be effective per MuscleTech's standards you would have to buy a bottle to get one free, and then buy another bottle so you are looking at $.49 per serving. You might be saying why is this rated so low when everything is under a dollar?

Simple matter of fact is, this will not always be on sale, to where you will have to pay full retail value which would be $60 for three bottles, and you also have to consider what if this does not work? Now you are out money with a ton of pills left over that you may not use.

Side Effects

None to include effectiveness from the product

Conclusion

I think I have beat this horse enough. Do not buy it. The ingredients are not researched enough and do not effectively provide weight management support. Additionally, do not believe everything you read on the internet. BB.com will tell you that this product is great and you can get super lean by taking it, but its all marketing. Do yourself a favor and find a different fat burner. Even if it cost more, you will be happier and will thank yourself in the long run.

• MarsheS
      May 21, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-05-21 13:50:29

"Simple matter of fact is, this will not always be on sale to where you will have to pay full retail value which would be $60 for three bottles." I understand this sentence but I bet that in this case you're incorrect. Several Hydroxycuts have been on BOGO for years, like Hydroxycut Elite, Hydroxycut Elite powder, Hydroxycut Next Gen. I can bet this Hydroxycut LeanX will be another one of those cases.

So considering my point above, the best way to review those products is to consume it the way it is sold (BOGO). Sounds unfair but they have those promos for that reason, to consume it and last the whole "cycle" (60 days), not 15-30 days. So 4 bottles would be $40, I assume that with 4 bottles you will get good results and will last the whole cycle at a full dose. Some similar products are $60 here and I see people giving good scores, mainly because of the nice package lol. This is where I don't see any coherence.

Your review isn't wrong and it looks like you put a big effort here. But I can't vote because I feel it's incomplete in the sense that it wasn't taken the correct way (reasons explained above). I would suggest Clipper to send both bottles in the cases someone is going to try the products I mentioned.

• Reaper61
      May 21, 2018

MarsheS,

I completely understand where you are coming from. There are some PH and The products out there that have a similar protocol. I was just basing it off of running 1 bottle and the results alone. I would feel better if 1 bottle would have had at least a full 30 day supply as oppose to 27 that way you're the consumer could do this with 2 bottles instead of 3. I also looked at the effectiveness of 1 bottle of this as opposed to other non-stim fat burners that I have used that do not require multiple pirchases to get the best results needed. However to each their own.