Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Reviews
QUICK SUMMARYWent down from 205-210lbs to 189lbs. How? Then time to read...
INTRODUCTIONThanks to SupplementReviews represented by user @Clipper83 for giving me the opportunity to try this full product: MuscleTech Hydroxycut Elite 100 caps. I've always been bulking, all my life. I had a plan of losing some weight and fat this year and Clipper convinced me to start my plan earlier by trying Hydroxycut Elite 100 capsules so I did. It was more of an experiment with myself considering I've never done it before. But as a general recommendation, if you pretend to lose weight and fat, a supplement by itself won't do that job for you. For you to do it successfully, you need to have the 4 elements: Diet, Exercise, Lifestyle, Supplements. Those 4 elements need to have the aim of losing weight and fat.
The weight/fat loss objective is a medium/long term PROCESS, you won't be losing too much weight/fat per week or month unless you're obese. Just like you didn't gain that weight/fat in a couple of days nor weeks, then that same way you're going to lose weight/fat. The important thing is to do your plan is a consistent, disciplined way. Details of what I did with each of the 4 elements I mentioned will be below.
INGREDIENT PROFILEThis product has 100 capsules. The dose of each ingredient will be based on 2 capsules.
- 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. For more info and benefits of Caffeine, you can read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine If you take a Stimulant Preworkout, then you will have problems taking the 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous from Hydroxycut Elite so watch out. I was taking Redcon1 Total War while taking Hydroxycut Elite so the Caffeine and other stimulants were hitting me hard lol.
- 200mg of C. Canephora Robusta Extract (bean) (robusta coffee): This is Hydroxycut's main and key ingredient. Most of their products use this ingredient. So what is this? It's a non-stimulant green coffee bean. From Hydroxycut.com: "C. canephora robusta beans are premium coffee beans that have not yet been roasted and, as a result, have a high level of chlorogenic acid. Hydroxycut uses a robusta coffee extract that has been produced to supply a standardized dose with 45% chlorogenic acid."
MuscleTech constantly cites this extract from a study: "In one study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (C. Canephora Robusta) in Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for 60 days lost, on average, 10.95lbs versus the placebo group, who lost an average of 5.40lbs. Both groups followed a low calorie diet. In a separate 8 week study, subjects using the same key ingredient lost an average of 3.7lbs versus subjects using a placebo, who lost an average of 1.25lbs. Both groups followed a calorie reduced diet and performed moderate exercise." Here's the link of the full study on the ingredient where MuscleTech takes out the extract from: https://16rl2t10lsf81yu9ul43w5vn-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Dellalibera2006.pdf
Other 2 studies:
1. Decaffeinated green coffee bean extract attenuates diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24817902
2. Chlorogenic acid exhibits anti-obesity property and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced-obese mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20064576
- 100mg of Coleus Extract (as Coleus Forskohlii) (root) standardized for Forskolin: Another good ingredient like the 2 above. Examine.com says it has several benefits like increase testosterone levels, protect against cancer and inflammation (thanks to Forskolin). It also states this: "Forskolin increases cellular levels of a molecule called cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). Elevated cAMP levels are associated with increased rates of fat loss, and can improve the effects of other fat burning compounds (Caffeine and Yohimbine for example)." They also suggest a 500mg dose daily with 10% Forskolin although they don't know what's the optimal dose. 100mg seems to be low but the Forskolin percent is unknown so I can't conclude if those 100mg are low or not. Even if it was only 100mg, consider that it's based on 2 capsules and also consider that this ingredient was most likely added to work well together with Caffeine and Yohimbine. I would suggest reading more about this ingredient here, as it has a lot of benefits and potential benefits: https://examine.com/supplements/coleus-forskohlii/
- 100mg L-Theanine: This ingredient isn't for weight/fat loss but it was added to keep the stimulants "under control" and work well with them as it helps with relaxation, anxiety, stress, etc. I would have maybe liked a slightly higher dose, not a big deal though.
- 100mg of Theobroma Cacao seed standardized for Theobromine. SR says: "Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting." Read more about Theobromine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theobromine The thing is we don't know how much Theobromine this has, however, just like Theanine, this is supposed to work well together with the other ingredients.
- 56.3mg Yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia Yohimbe) (bark) standardized for 6% yohimbine supplying Rauwolscine. I love this ingredient because of how effective it is. I think the studies are also solid. The thing is it's a bit "easy" for this ingredient to cause some unwanted side effects, that's why supplements have to be careful when adding it to their formulas. So Yohimbe is effective for fat burning, increasing libido, increases adrenaline levels and other benefits. For more info read here: https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/
So we got 4 ingredients for fat/weight loss directly and 2 other ingredients to help handle those 4 ingredients. Sounds good to me. 9/10
SIZE/DOSINGSize: Capsule size wasn't a problem, the caps are small-medium size and are easy to swallow. I received the 100 capsule bottle. I think they had a 200 capsule bottle before but I think it's discontinued.
Dosing: The product has like a table with "suggested usage or directions". They say Day 1 & 2: 1 cap daily, Day 3 & 4: 2 caps daily, Day 5 & 6: 2 caps with meal 1 and 1 cap with meal 2, Day 7 & beyond: 2 caps, twice daily. Considering I was also using a Stimulant Pre-Workout (Redcon1 Total War), then I decided to only use 2 capsules daily, 1 capsule inmediately after waking up (30-60 mins before breakfast) and 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before lunch. They were not my biggest meals but my biggest meal is usually dinner but I couldn't take 1 cap before dinner lol. I tried it like 2 or 3 times and had problems sleeping.
EFFECTIVENESSPurpose: Some weight and fat loss (especially this).
Initial weight: Something between 205-210lbs. My scale was damaged but it wasn't more than that nor less than that.
Final weight: 189lbs (uploaded proof below).
So my plan was the following: Reduce my calories significantly (I don't track my calories but it was something between 500-1000 calories less than usual). I was only eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, moderate portions, no Snacks between meals. Exercise consisted of Weightlifting first and Cardio at the end. Hydroxycut Elite inmediately after waking up and 30-60 minutes before lunch. I replaced sugary drinks (soda, juices, etc) with Aminoacids (Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone), Protein and sometimes even Water (I hate eating food with water but sometimes it was ok). I kept my water intake high during the day for increased & improved metabolism, better digestion, etc. I also reduced my sugar intake drastically (no donuts, no cakes, no ice cream, no cookies, no candies, no sugary drinks, nothing with sugar). My sugar amount wasn't zero but it was low (something between 5-10g max) and I was happy with that. I also chewed food slower and drank liquid with every food intake. Drinking liquid WHILE eating slower will make you feel full faster.
The capsule inmediately after waking up helped a lot. I probably felt it the most because it was the first thing taken on empty stomach. It was only 1 capsule but the effects were like if I took 2. Thermogenic effect was felt, energy effect was felt, better mood was felt (liked this effect a lot). The second capsule (the one 30-60 minutes) before lunch (pre-workout meal) had me feeling the thermogenic effect and also I felt my body was using the food ingested to burn fat and lose weight. That being said, that effect sometimes made me hungry after my lunch (preworkout meal) but it was under control because I knew I couldn't eat much because my workout was already coming 2 hours later. Here, the water and aminoacids helped a lot to keep me full and concentrated on the objective of not eating a lot.
I was surprised with what it did with my abdominal fat. I think that by the end of Week 2, I could already notice a big decrease on abdominal fat. I could easily notice this effect because of my 'Waist Protection Belt' or 'Weightlifting belt' (whatever you want to call it). It was much easier to use and even with all my stomach out, the belt kept intact. These effects kept increasing each week so I was satisfied with my fat loss. I could also notice these effects with my pants and other clothes. I lost size on other muscles but I was already expecting that. I sometimes added a protein shake to my usual daily diet to try and maintain muscle, I think I did, of course not 100% but I would say something like 80% to 90%.
Considering I was only taking 2 capsules instead of the 4 capsules (max. daily dose), I have to say that I was very impressed with my results. I couldn't believe when my weight was 195lbs and even less when I went down to 189lbs at the end of using this product! If my initial weight was 205lbs, I was expecting maybe to go down to 195lbs and if it was 210lbs I was expecting to go down to 200lbs. But 189lbs, using only 2 capsules, only 1 bottle, with reduced calories is impressive. My cravings attack me after I eat Dinner during the night. I go to bed late so cravings start attacking while I'm watching tv and doing other things. I could control this with a Protein supplement. Dealing with cravings was most difficult during the first 2 weeks but it kept getting easier each time. My mood during the night was not so good hahaha, I was kind of angry I couldn't take my sugary stuff!
I'm giving it a 9 because the only effect I felt this product wasn't so strong was in apettite reduction/control. But I wasn't expecting this product to control my apettite. I feel Protein supplements control my apettite better than any fat/weight loss product. The strategies I used to control my apettite worked (read the whole first paragraph of Effectiveness). I feel that running this on the max daily dose and/or using 2 bottles (like I think they want you to use) would have given even better results (probably with the apettite control too). Very satisfied with this product!
VALUEHydroxycut Elite also shines here. You can find this product on prices between $14 - $34.99. This product is always on BOGO, key word: Always. So if you're intelligent, you will look for the $29.99 BOGO deal to buy 2 bottles, which would make each bottle cost $15. Getting a BOGO deal of $34.99 would make it $17.5 per bottle, still a great deal. If you buy 1 bottle for $29.99, it's still worth it based on effectiveness but considering this product is always on BOGO at a lot of places, then that's how you should buy it, not only because of the low excellent price but also because that will guarantee 2 bottles, which means 2-4 months using it! That would be ideal, remember it's a process.
Considering I have no complaints about the Value, then I'll give it a 10. It doesn't mean there's not another product with a better value, maybe yes. But there's no way I can think of that this product can be cheaper. Constant BOGO promos (3 years and counting), individual units are also very cheap, nothing to complain. It's also available everywhere.