Hydroxycut Hardcore Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Hydroxycut Hardcore is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by MuscleTech. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Only 8 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Overall
Overall
0.0
  July 30, 2011

• Tastes Horrible
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Black Diarrhea
    This is my first review on this site, so first off, a little background: I'm a 5'10'' male working as a cook in Afghanistan for the military. Generally been in decent shape throughout my short career, but put on a few extra pounds right before I deployed. I started working out at our gym here doing a little cardio and some weight training, but nothing too regimented or intense. Since I'm always around food 12-16 hours a day it's pretty hard for me to keep up the willpower to not snack throughout the day so I wanted to find some solution to help me get back into better shape. I scoped out the ultra small PX here and looked through all their different supplements and decided on the Hydroxycut Hardcore to help curb my appetite and burn excess fat.

I followed the directions on the bottle to the letter and by the time I was doing the full dosage towards the end of the first week I still was not really feeling any effects aside from some newly discovered fatigue throughout the day. I also changed my workouts to HIIT by doing Shaun T's Insanity and dropped a couple pounds after a week, but it felt mostly due to the workout and not to the supplement. I modified my diet so that I was eating egg whites for breakfast, as well as a well-rounded lunch and dinner with lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables after they finally got delivered. I worked out every evening after I digested dinner and took a MetRx or Gatorade protein shake to recover afterwards since we get them for free here. I also made sure to drink at least a gallon of bottled water a day.

I started at 200 lbs and by the end of the second week was still hovering in the 196-198 range and never experienced any appetite suppression. I was finding myself getting really hungry between meals and found it very difficult to maintain my diet. Towards the end of the second week I also started to experience dizzy spells at random times especially when my equilibrium shifted (i.e.-sitting up, laying down in bed, etc.), though I didn't connect this to the Hydroxycut at first, but later read of people experiencing similar problems. The worst was yet to come however, as I began to experiencing horrible spontaneous diarrhea that had me constantly running to the bathroom. The first time it happened it actually freaked me out quite a bit because my stool was almost jet black and I immediately thought I was getting dysentery since I am in Afghanistan after all. However, those fears were soon gone when I never started throwing up at all and realized it was from something else. I put up with this madness for far too long because I thought there might be other factors contributing to it (e.g.-change in diet, exercise, climate, etc.). Eventually I eliminated all the other possibilities and realized it was the Hydroxycut causing it and after four weeks I had only lost 4 lbs and my weight was having a yo-yo like pattern so it seemed to just be water weight I was constantly dropping and putting back on. I started to do some research on here about it and realized that it seemed to be pretty ineffective and I wasn't alone so a few pills short of a cycle I finally ditched the stuff.

I would only wish this stuff on my worst enemy. It was completely ineffective and had horrible, embarrassing side effects. The pills had a horrible taste if I caught one just right on my tongue before I was able to swallow it. At one point I did stop to think that perhaps this bottle had been left out in the sun too long between convoys to reach us, but upon reading other people's horrible experiences I nixed that option as a possibility and simply concluded that this is one of the biggest scams on the market and is a horrible supplement. Please do not ever use this product. I am still doing Insanity, so I will review that when I complete the 60 days, and I recently got in some OxyElite Pro, which already seems to be working very well so I will review that as well when I finish the cycle.

I hope this wasn't too long...thanks for reading!

~Pacman

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    1.0
      July 13, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Loss Of Weight (water)
    • You Know This Product Is Working
    • Sweat Like Crazy During The Night.
    • Kideny Cramping
    I took this product for roughly 3 weeks. I was on a 1500-2000 calorie diet with reduced carbs and at least 10 miles of walking a day. The first week was sketchy, I felt a huge Boost to energy and my apetite was nearly nonexistent. I gained 4 lbs (207 ro 211) the first 4 days before I started losing weight. By the end of the second week I was down to 200, though I was fluctuating between 197 and 205. 10 lbs a day is extreme, even for water weight. That would mean I was putting at least 8 lbs worth of food and water into my body throughout the day which also means that the sweating only occured at night, not during the walking. During the third week, the positive effects began to dwindle. My energy dropped like a rock and I gained weight back to 205. I began having pains near my kidneys, I almost never defecated and I always had to pee, regardless of hydration or whether I had just did. I was no longer using weight and was feeling like crap, not to mention slightly worried about kidney damage. I have stopped using this product completely. I'm guessing what happened was I either aquired a resistence to the ingredients or my body flat-out stopped utilizing them. In any case, it was an uncomfortable, unrewarding, WAY too expensive experience. MuscleTech can jump off a cliff.

May 25, 2011

• You Know This Product Is Working
    • No Muscle Loss
      Alright so for me, I used to be a pretty fat kid, so I was always interested in fat burners. I have tried a few in the past with Absolutely Zero results, besides losing muscle in the process because I had no idea what I was doing.

The one thing I hated about fat burners was you had to take it 2-3 times a day according to the label and for me that was very hard because taking a hit of 300mg of caffeine at 5 or 6 o clock would keep me up all night so I was given this bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore pro series(the newest red bottle) and dosed it like this: 1 serving(2pills) right away in the morning when i woke up, and that was it for the fat burner and then I would take my pre-workout before my lift. This way I still got my normal training sessions in and had no noticeable strength or muscle loss and was able to still get the pre-workout rush without overdoing it on stims like i would've if i had taken the 3 servings a day of hydroxy.

Anyway, this dosing worked great for me, and I have gotten more cut off of this program than I have off taking the other fat burners(sub q, Shred Matrix) according to their label dosage.

When I started this I could only see the top row of abs and not too many cuts, but with about a week left of hydroxy I have 2 rows of abs and veis going through them. Great results.

Also the bottle lasts a long time dosing this way.

Hope this helps anyone.

Overall
      Overall
      0.0
        January 5, 2011

• Tastes Horrible
        • Stool Turned Red
        • Kideny Cramping
        I am writing this review so that others will learn from the stupid mistake I made in buying this product. This was the first supplement I ever bought, and I was 16 at extremly naive at the time. I fell hard for the MuscleTech adds that you would see in all the magizines and the commercials you would see on tv. Basically I was the perfect sap MuscleTech was looking for. I wanted to use it to get cut up for beach season, so I bought a bottle thinking it was gold in a bottle.

I started using it as directed and at first I felt absolutly nothing. About a week in I began just feeling like crap. I felt just tired all the time, in the gym I felt weak and sluggish. After about two weeks in I started getting massive headaches and kidney pains and thats when i stopped. I flushed the rest of the bottle.

Some may comment saying I should have completed an entire bottle before I reviewed it, but if go through the experience I had with it there would be no way in hell you would continue taking the product.

Please learn from my mistakes and research every product before you put in your body. Don't be foolish and fall for gimics. I am pround to say I have learned much more about the supplement world since then. If anyone suggests this product, run and run fast. If anyone is interested in a thermogenic that does work, go with Oxy Elite Pro by USP Labs. That is a product that shows good results.

December 5, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Decreased Appetite
        • Headaches
        • Drained
        • Nausea
        • Stool Turned Red
        • Kideny Cramping
        I tried this stuff a couple of years ago when it first came out. Back than was looking to lose 15-20lbs and this was an accompanyment to working out and diet plan. Followed instructions but I always felt sick when I took this product despite drinking alot more water and not taking it on an empty stomach. I found myself pretty much throwing up constantly when I was on this stuff. Another side effect was I always felt dizzy and drained. The freaky thing that scared me the most was my stool turned red and I started having cramps in my kidneys which I never had before. Needless to say I stopped taking it and never bought anymore.

As for results it was hard to tell because I wasn't clear if the weight loss was due to the supplement or the constant puking. I might be the exception in this case but I've also read other people with similar side effects that I had with these. Since this product I've used other brands such as EAS and BSN products and never had any side effect issues like I did with Hydroxycut

Overall
        Overall
        0.0
          October 16, 2010

Cons:
          • Sweat Like Crazy During The Night.
          • Headaches
          I will never support this product due to the fact that I almost died taking this product before it got banned and then put back on the shelves. I was in the military and trying to cut up and I took the risk in trying this stuff and it ended up giving me acute appendicitis. I was really close to dying because I was ignoring the stomach pain, and continued to take this garbage. I ended up in the hospital with an i.v in me. This stuff will leave you jittery and it wont feel good at all.. I'm sorry im being blunt, but it's true.. I heard they changed the ingredients, but I wouldn't trust it. Just look at all the complaints and law suits filed against them because of this product.

July 14, 2010

• Drained
            Not sure how to rate this. I have been taking this for about 3 weeks but it makes me crash way too hard. I can't work out in the morning because of my work schedule but I can't get enough energy to stay awake even for the ride home. I drink tons of water throughout the day regardless of using this product but it's definately not for me. Going back to Oxy Elite Pro. I thought the headaches were from being tired but after reading other reviews I am not sure now. I actually find I am not hungry during the day but I Force myself to eat but I am starving after 8PM. Usually when I wake from my Forced nap. Sorry if this has worked for you and you don't agree with me but this just isn't working for me.

Overall
            Overall
            3.0
            2.0
            2.0
              July 14, 2009

when i was 18 i weighed 190 lbs and started dieting and exercising for about an hour per day in a effort to slim down. I also started taking Hydroxycut at the same time. I was loosing around 2 lbs/week religiously. I refuse to give the credit to Hydroxycut though. It gave me extra energy so i didnt have to drink diet coke (which i think increases ones appetite dramatically; i was drinking 8 diet cokes a day though, so maybe only in high amounts) anyways Hydroxycut might have helped some. I think the best way for me to describe it was that on days i didnt want to run i would think about that $60 price tag on the Hydroxycut and felt like i was throwing it away unless i exercised. I got down to 142 lbs and then started lifting weights. Now im more built with around 12% body fat. I think hard work is the only real way, Hydroxycut wont really hurt anything but it is expensive. WARNING: Drink 120 ounces of water and DO NOT take it the morning after heavy drinking. Im a fraternity boy and sometimes i would take it the morning after a party and honestly would be convinced i was having a heart attack. I almost called 911 one time. I credit this side effect to my body being extremely dehydrated. Just make sure to, if you do drink too much the night before, to consistently drink water before you take your morning dose the next day. I found that if i did rehydrate myself the side effects were mellow if they were present at all. Good luck in your training, and remember that nothing worth having is obtained easily. ALSO, another motivational booster for me was that i made a weight loss chart right above my scale where i would pencil in every time i lost weight. Dont wright in weight gains and dont be on a scedule. Every time you loose a lb pencil it in. I also put a picture of a person that was very fit above my scale and below it i wrote "NEVER GIVE UP, NO EXCUSES." It was the first and last words i saw every day. If this helped email me at wfd2a@yahoo.com I love talking about weight loss.