Creacore Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Creatine > Blends
Creacore is a Creatine Blend manufactured by MuscleTech. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

October 7, 2015

• Everything Will Smell Like It
Hi guys, quick review here on the creacore by muscletech. English is not my first language so I'll try my best to make myself clear here.

Creatine HCI, no loading phase, good quality (compare to monohydrate), no extra.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing : 6.5

Here, lets start with taste......says on the label : Blue Raspberry....read : satan. Literally it taste like Satan. The mix of fenugreek extract and the rest of the ingredient is so nasty and taste aweful. And btw you should really dedicate a cup for this product only, why !? because absolutly everything you put this product on / in will taste and smell fenugreek: cup, shaker, clothing, EVERYTHING!!! Altough it mix fairly well, I usually take it as a shot so I don't have to taste it much.

Effectiveness : 9

I felt like it really kicks in after a week, a week and a half after i start using this product. Used 1 scoop on day off and 2 scoops on training days ( one scoop as soon as I wake up and one post training. Even though i felt it increased my strength a little bit, it was nothing crazy or surprising in any ways. Lets put it this way it increased my strength a little bit more than mono but nothing impressive. But i felt i had more endurance during workout and felt a little less exhaust between sets. Now your wondering why I've rate effectiveness a 9 if everything is ok or a little above average. Well the 9 is going mostly to the recovery. That part i can tell was very effective, really really improve my recovery time by a lot. I noticed it even more during my back workout, I felt a lot less sore the next morning. I made some decent gains on this with virtually no water retention, which i had with mono. Altough i wish it increase my reps a little bit more than it did, I'm pretty satisfied with this creatine.

Value : 8

Very good quality product and well priced, even in Canada.

Side Effects

Depression, lost of interest in life in general, etc.... all cause by the FENUGREEK. Kiddin , havent felt any negative side effect @ all. Only one minor comment on that part tough ( that may sound bitchy) but for some odd reasons this product, this particular product made me pee green. Not like bright green but a little greener than yellow. Read a couple articles about green pee and stuff and figured it was because of the FD&C Blue #1....To the point where i stopped using it for a couple days to see if it was Creacore causing it and it was. Never had this before but for some reasons it happened with creacore even tough i ate a lot of stuff with FD&C colorant before and never had that.

Conclusion

Good product in general, would recommend it, may rebuy if on sale, but for now I'll stick with Creature from Beast.

Thx for your time, hope it help.
  • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

February 22, 2015

• But Will Drive Away The Weak Of Tongue
  • Everything Will Smell Like It

Canned Intro Statement: MMA since high-school, competitor and instructor. Former Certified Personal Trainer though NASM and ACE. Owned my own online supplement store (past tense). Currently military and I eat Paleo due to a gluten allergy.

Ah Creacore, I only bought you on accident when I thought I was buying lime Neurocore. Note to self: Check the damn label more carefully. Note to Muscletech: make your products look different.

Guess what? It has creatine. SAY WHAAA?! Foshizzle. Creacore contains creatine HCI, a theoretically superior for of the classic creatine monohydrate. Typically known as creatine HCL, creatine hydrochloride is supposedly more soluble and more absorbable than the classic. Also, it has less nasty side-effects on your gut. Muscletech also added in some classy Fenugreek extract which is claimed to increase the absorption of creatine. So basically...this stuff will absorb like cocaine into a crack addict's nose.

This stuff is gross. Not kidding, it is hard to choke down and leaves this weird gritty/sticky feeling on your teeth. I recommend chewing some gum afterwards to rid yourself of that green Sour Patch Kids dipped in acid feeling. Also, it leaves behind some gnarly chunks unless you shake it like a champion shake-weighter. Of course, if you shake it, it foams up like a rabid dog and makes it even worse to drink. So yeah...if you want taste, it tastes better than plain creatine monohydrate (ugh), but worse than...most other things. Oh, and it smells worse than it tastes. On the plus side, 2 scoops a day is IT for dosing, and that's pretty great.

Creacore is pretty good on the effectiveness front. I can actually feel my muscles get "more full" feeling after I take it. That's pretty cool, not something I am used to from a creatine product. So to have a discernable effect from the product is nice. I believe that it is reasonably effective. However, I have not noticed any strength or endurance gains while taking it, so who knows (thus the 7.)

I bought this for $17 for a bottle by accident. Still, that is a pretty good price for 80 servings (40 2 scoop servings.) Still, I'd rather take creatine in a pill form personally as they can be cheaper and don't taste like someone tried to milk a lime.

Side Effects

Ok, so here is where this product loses the majority of its points for me. The side effects are almost not worth the benefits. Studies have shown that creatine does not cause rhabdomyolysis. Creacore must not have gotten that memo because every morning my pee is coffee-dark. That concerns me a wee bit as I drink A LOT of water throughout the day. Also, you are basically guaranteed to have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Staying hydrated while on this stuff is damn near impossible. You have been warned.

Conclusion

So, there you have it. For a product that I bought on accident it's not bad, but it could taste better and make me feel less like I'm dying every morning. I would personally recommend a pill form of creatine just so that you don't have to choke it down. Also, if you can find something with fewer side effects, I would go with that. On the other hand, this stuff is pretty cheap and effective for what you're getting. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pee.

January 22, 2015

• Bloating

Taste: It tasted good. I mixed it with various amounts of water and the flavor did not dilute as much as I thought it would.
Mixability: It left a little residue at the bottom, but not very much. I like to shake up my drinks a little as I go through my workouts, so that helps get the most out of it without adding a little more water at the end.
Dosing: I am a big fan of micro dosing. I have seen people use a 30g scoop of creatine that gave them the same results that I get out of a 7g scoop. Some people write off products when they see micro dosing on the label, but a good product will get you the same results whether it is a regular size or micro.

I gained 15 pounds in one month while using this product daily. The first day off, I went on an hour jog for 7 miles. I dropped 5 pounds already. So... 33% of my weight gain was obviously water weight. All of the rest was muscle though.

I don't remember how much I paid for this, but I do know that it was not very much. It was worth every penny.

Side Effects

I gained water weight and was a little more gassy.

Conclusion

It is a solid product. Not the best that I have tried, but it still built muscle. It is definitely worth a try.

August 21, 2013

• No Cons
This is my first review here,I'm from Brazil live in Rio Branco city, Acre state.Hey guys keep calm because my english isn't good.
so let's go.

effectiveness:10 this is the first creatine that really bring results for me(I tried universal,on,labrada and others whitout success) my body didn't answer.with creacore I did have more strong,good build muscle,no stuff.certainly creatine hci is better than monohydrate.

taste:10 I never used creatine with taste always unflavored and monohydrate so! now? take creatine never gone to wonderful lol! lemon lime great taste.

value: 10 buy one get one free only 37$ dollars(with shipping)so! is not to bad.

overral:10 muscletech is a big ***(that say neurocore and nanovapor...)but,no Creacore gentleman great,nice,good product and review guys?

March 30, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New Muscletech Stuff Is Good
  • Everything Will Smell Like It
Having heard Muscletech was revamping their product line, I was pretty dubious about them actually having any products worth buying. Here's my review of one of their best: Creacore.
Profile: 9/10

Serving size 1 scoop(3.7g)
Serving Per Container: 80
Amount Per 1 scoop % Daily Value
Creatine HCL : 1.750mg
Fenugreek Extract (As Trigonella Foenum-Graecum)(seed): 450mg

Simple and to the point. A creatine doesn't have to have sixteen different varieties along with the same multitude of carb sources. It needs good quality creatine and (maybe) something to help it absorb. Creacore certainly delivers, since the fenugreek is actually supposed to slow down one's digestion in order to absorb the creatine more fully. Here's a study from Ergolog for any who are interested:

Taste: 6/10

Mmm, any of you ever tasted battery acid mixed with salt and chased with lemon-lime Gatorade? No? Well here's your chance! They only have one flavor which is a bit off-putting since many companies have at least a couple choices. At first the flavor is alright but then it quickly goes south. After a few times though I got used to it and it's no big deal. FLAVOR IS FOR THE WEAK.

Mixability & Dosing: 8/10

In a shaker cup this stuff is incredibly easy to mix: A couple swishes and done. There was a bit of grit on the bottom if you let it settle but if you're like me and you down this within a few seconds of mixing, don't even worry about it. I did notice though that it tends to foam up a bit more when you try stirring it up with a spoon, so I'd advise against that.

Does it deliver? Yes, yes, and yes. I've taken Creatine HCl in the form of Con-Cret and just basic powder with nothing else, and this without a doubt matches up with Con-Cret. I noticed great gains in strength and I wasn't quite as tired so for my higher volume sets of squats and deads, this product worked beautifully. I even noticed improved recovery from taking it post workout which was really nice.

I received this product for free because of my Vitamin Shoppe rewards, but still for 30-ish dollars, 80 servings of creatine HCl is flat out awesome. It's a lot more competitive than Con-Cret since most will need several scoops, whereas with this you only need one (maaaaybe two).

Sides: 9/10

I typically respond really well to creatines. I never bloat up, feel sick, or anything like that. The most I usually experience is a bit of dry mouth, and that's often my own dang fault, haha. That being said, I didn't get any of the above things mentioned, but like other reviews have said, it does leave a fenugreek tinge to your breath. In an attempt to remedy this, I usually wash my mouth out after and don't have any more problems.

Performance-wise I really enjoyed this product. I had good, consistent strength gains without any bloating or ill feelings and kept the DOMS monster away when I needed that most. Still, it gets points off for being a little gritty or foamy at times and having such a bad taste since this'll definitely deter some. What struck me most of all was that it somewhat restored my faith in Muscletech. Supplement companies rise and fall, but they usually don't come back again. It actually makes me feel good about seeing what Muscletech has coming down the pipe, and I sure didn't think that was happening anytime soon.

March 12, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New Muscletech Stuff Is Good
  • Mild Increase In Focus And Aggression
  • Decreased Recovery Time
  • Everything Will Smell Like It
Today I am reviewing Muscletech concentrated creatine. I want to thank the guys at Muscletech for giving a free container of there product. I haven't been a fan of Muscletech for quite some time. After taking this product it has changed my opinion. Muscletech has stepped up there game with this creatine.

Profile: 9/10

Serving size 1 scoop(3.7g)
Serving Per Container: 80
Amount Per 1 scoop % Daily Value
Creatine HCL 1,750MG
Fenugreek Extract (As Trigonella Foenum-Graecum)(seed) 450mg

These are very simple and effective ingredients. The two active ingredients are Creatine hcl and fenugreek extract. I'm not going to break down the ingredients, if you want to know more check out WarMachine review he gives a great breakdown of the ingredients.

Taste: 5/10

This was the worst part of the product. I hated that lemon lime for the first week. The first time I tasted it I had gag and all most threw it up in my mouth. For the first week I had to chug it so I could get it down. After the first week I grew accustomed to the taste and had know problems with it.

Mixability & Dosing: 8/10

The only problems I had was with a little bit of gritt in the bottom of the shaker. It wasn't anything extreme. Dosing was very simple 2 scoops with 10 ounces of water post-workout. I would dose it first thing in the morning on off days.

This product delivered in many ways for me. I was cutting while I took this product. I was only consuming 2,000 calories a day. My support supps were BCAA Sport, fish oil, multi vitamin, whey & Casein, and OEP. I was weight lifting 5 days a week and I did cardio 5 days a week. My starting weight was 195 lbs at 15% bf. I dropped down to 180 at 9% bf. I felt this kick in with in 1 week. I never lost any strength which was nice due to me only taking in 125 carbs a day. I had no water retention. I felt more aggression in the gym, my muscle fatigue reduced, I had more stamina in the gym and on off days, and my muscles felt more solid.

I received this product for free so of course this is a great value for me. I see that the retailers are selling this for 20-30$. For 80 servings that is a great value especially when the product performs. Shop around and you can find this for a good deal.

Sides: 8/10

I never really had any sides from this. I noticed that I was extremely thirsty while consuming this product. One other thing is your breath is going to have the fenugreek funk on it and it stinks up your shaker cup something awful.

The reason I'm giving this a 8 is due to the taste and lack of flavors. As far as this products performance it delivers in many areas. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great creatine while they are cutting. Muscletech did a great job with this product and I was very pleased with the results. I will use this product again in the future.

February 9, 2013

• Everything Will Smell Like It
Ah MuscleTech. The name brings back memories of a 19 year old version of myself new to the fitness lifestyle. Although I have had far more negative encounters with these products, I must say that my experience with one tub of CreaCore was a great experience.

INGREDIENTS/VALUE: 9/10.
Going for a Creatine HCL typically costs more than you everyday Mono, however this was markedly lower than the other sources (Con-Cret). In addition, there is added fenugreek. Known for its use as a sweetener, Muscletech promotes this addition as a insulin catalyst. The rationale is that it will increase insulin response without having the user ingest simple carbs, thus increasing creatine uptake in the anabolic post workout window sans calories. I did some research and there is some supporting evidence showing this response. In Theory, these two ingredients will work well together when taken as prescribed during post workout recovery.

TASTE: Lemon Lime.4/10
Well, Fenugreek is known to be been used as a sweetener, particularly by diabetics, but it offers a strange "maple syrup" flavor. Lemon Lime is the only flavor, and it takes a while to get used to. I mean I really had to chug this at the beginning; later on I think I was just desensitized. A lot to be desired here.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10

I used the product as directed. 2 scoops post workout, and sometime intra workout. I increased my strength gains considerably, albeit gradually. As the tub started to empty, my lifts became stronger. That is to be expected, and I was more than pleased with the results. There was reduction in soreness as well, even from my heaviest leg days. *Note, i did pair this with cellucor BCAA for recovery, so the reduced DOMS could be from either, but I will give credit to this product as it was the only creatine I was taking at the time.

SIDE EFFECTS: 9/10

Earlier in my experience I had slight GI issues, but after about a few days it was resolved. Nothing horrible, just a slight increase in hitting the bathroom. I did stay hydrated throughout. There was no bloating or water retention as is expected from a good creatine HCL. Also, whatever the powder touches will smell like the fenugreek, including you hands, shaker cup, clothes, breath, other people, pets, etc.

OVERALL: 8/10

I would consider using this product again. It is similar to other experiences with more expensive Creatine HCL, yet the poor taste, limited selection of flavors, and slight odor it left in my shaker cup that made everything have its characteristic after taste is a negative. I admit, I am a Kool Aid kid, and if I spend extra money on a creatine that I can drink, I would want it to be something I can enjoy. BUT, results trump this, and I was more that pleased with my gains! Go out and try this, it will save you some $$$ and gradually increase and support your efforts in the gym.

December 20, 2012

• Decreased Recovery Time
Hey guys, tried Creacore about 2 months ago. 1 tub.

Reason: I have been on a slow cut and I wanted to try something with no water loading, but to give me that extra bit during a flat stage. I was thinking Myobuild but after looking at ingredients, I already take Rhodiola pre training and BCAA (xtend) intra so Creacore was what I needed with strong Creatine HCL and Fenugreek to aid absorption and bio-availability of Creatine HCL.

Taste: 4/10
Terrible first week, taking 1 scoop pre training and 1 scoop post workout. Obviously its the Fenugreek making it taste so foul, but after the first week or so and seeing how it started to help it was fine. If spilled outside bottle, smell would stay around for agessss.

Lasted about 6 weeks which was great. That was with taking 1 scoop pre and 1 post.
In Australia costs about $40 a tub.

I have used monohydrate creapure which was fantastic during bulk, will definitely use again, creatine nitrate (great pumps), which were both fantastic and helped me during various stages of my training. HCL was fantastic as well because I didnt want the water retention of mono creapure and the pumps of nitrate. I noticed during the first week taking it pre gave me a bit of a kick. Focus and extra aggression was good. My recovery times dropped and it just done a fantastic job. I just bought my second tub to give a run again in the new year.

Would I use again? Yes, next week. During any cut/lean bulk stage I would definitely use the creatine HCL / Creacore.

November 10, 2012

• Taste Is Not Horrible
  • But Will Drive Away The Weak Of Tongue
So, am I an expert reviewer yet? LOLOL

Okay, time to get serious, this is the third to last review from my recent log's artillery power of supplements. The other two left to review include alphamine and the usp labs shaker cup. On today's menu, muscletech's new concentrated series creatine product creacore.

Creacore is a creatiner hcl product designed by the company muscletech. For many of us, the name of the company alone strikes resentment into our souls for their past line of mediocre over hyped bull poo. However, as my father always said, never judge a book by its cover until you've read every page. Creacore, like several of today's popular creatine products, is designed to help enhance muscular recovery, strength, size, and endurance. Its two primary ingredients include creatine hcl (a.k.a con-cret in short for concentrated form of creatine) and fenugreek which has been cited to improve creatine uptake. My overall experience with creacore was actually very good. Combined with aftershock and elite whey, creacore made for an optimal recovery enhancement product that reduced overall recovery time and muscular integrity.

Taste (7): Definitely not the best tasting supplement I've ever had, but certainly not the worst. Creacore comes in one flavor: lemon lime. I found it to be somewhat excessively tart and occasionally left a slightly unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth. For the most part though, I did not find it overly nasty or intolerable. I would recommend just adding a bit more water to your preparation to reduce the tartness and dilute the flavor a little.

Mixability (5): The mixability was lagging with this product. Very often I would wind up with undissolved clumps in my container resulting in a slightly powdery preparation of the serving. Needless to say, this gagged me a few times trying to consume it as the powdery contents would irritate my throat. To prevent this, be sure to add extra liquid to the mixture and stir consistently.

Ingredients (10):

Serving Size:1Scoop(3.7g)
Servings Per Container:80
Amount Per 1 Scoop % Daily Value
Creatine HCl 1,750mg "
Fenugreek Extract (As Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) (Seed) 450mg

Very simple; two active ingredients including creatine Hcl and fenugreek. Individuals familiar with promera's con-cret will recognize immediately as to what creatine hcl is in terms of form. It is a form of creatine resembling a salt formation that increases its overall solubility and processing. Creatine hcl is one of the more popular forms of creatine due to its increased concentration resulting in faster effectiveness, lower waste conversion, minimal bloat, and no loading. I like the fact that creacore contains a very good amount per scoop. Fenugreek is cited to enhance creatine's absorption in a similar manner as dextrose and other carbs. Fenugreek is rich in specific polysacharrides and saponins. These particular sources have been shown to help "shuttle" creatine into muscles by inducing insulin sensitivity similar to how carbohydrates work. I am not sure about what the effective amount is concerning its effect on creatine. However, 450 mg does seem to be an ample amount based on my results. Therefore, I would assume both ingredients are properly dosed in conjunction with one another.

Usage (10): Quite simple; I used two scoops mixed with water immediately after my workouts followed by a serving of aftershock about 15 minutes later. I figured it was best to does them separately to avoid the possibility of ingredient competition-base interference among the products. On non-workout days, I would take two scoops sometime in the afternoon between meals.

Effectiveness (10): I have to hand it to muscletech that I believe they finally got the creatine game right on. I have never tried cell-tech mainly because of its high surgar content and lack of positive feedback, but I have always been an enthusiast of creatine hcl and kre-alkalyn creatine in general. Creacore truly was an effective creatine product for me in several areas. Getting past the taste and mixability, creacore did aid in my recovery and overall strength and mass gains. Of course, this was when it was used in conjunction with all of my other goodies. Still, I can say with confidence that creacore truly did deliver and act as an effective catalyst in my overall muscular development. Post-workout fatigue was highly reduced and there was also a good feeling of muscular solidity the following morning when I would wake up. I also noticed I had more stamina throughout my off days which was a huge plus especially if you are an early bird such as myself. In short, creacore was indeed one of the more effective creatine products I have used.

Value (9): Normally muscletech's products tend to be quite overpriced. However, for 80 servings in each tub and the resulting benefits I experienced, creacore in my opinion is very fairly priced. I was able to get two tubs from amazon for 34 dollars. Individual tubs can range from 18-31 dollars based on the prices I discovered. However, i noticed that a lot of websites seem to have this product on sale quite often. Always do your shop-around boys!!

Overall (9): Overall, I will give creacore a 9 (or an A- if you guys wanna go deumcole style grading LOL). The increased off-day stamina, lean muscle size and strength development, and overall increase in body integrity truly make creacore an effective creatine product worth trying and incorporating into your supplement regimen. I believe it is worth noting that creacore in my opinion is best used during recomp phases due to its lack of bloating and water retention (provided of course that you stay WELL hydrated). Bulkers may want to opt for micronized monohydrate because of its volumizing benefits. This is just my opinion, I am sure some more experienced creatine users may disagree. The taste and poor mixability of the product is generally what knocked the product down to a 9, but once you get past that, creacore delivers!!!

TRAIN HARD BROSKIS!!!

October 10, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Little To No Bloating
  • Mild Increase In Focus And Aggression
  • A Little Pricey
Hey SR,
Got a review I've been wanting to write for a while. The product is CreaCore from MuscleTech. I got this product free through the giveaway program MuscleTech did earlier this summer.

MuscleTech Claims---------------------------------
A breakthrough in creatine supplementation- CreaCoreâ„¢ represents the evolution of the concentrated creatine powder. Dosed with over 2x more creatine HCl per scoop, CreaCore is also the first and only creatine formula to utilize a scientifically studied dose of fenugreek extract for improved effects.* Don't just take any creatine, choose one with superior ingredients. Choose CreaCore.

Value------------------------------------
As I mentioned above, I got a tub of this for free. However on BB.com, it is $30.97 for 80 servings (40 if following the recommended dosage). The recommended dosage is two scoops post workout, so that breaks down to about $0.77 a serving. The addition of fenugreek is an overall plus. However, comparing the price of this and the price of regular creatine mono at about $0.08 cents a serving, it seems to be more expensive.

Taste------------------------------------
I have to agree with Mooselini that this product does singe the nostrils and taste pretty bad. However, I did get used to how it smelled and tasted later on, but this product tasted like dook and sometimes when I was taking it I got the "mucusy" feeling in my stomach and throat, too. I'm not a taste nazi, but this does taste bad and takes some getting used too. The results and benefits of this product are worth the chugging required to down it. It mixed easily and I had no trouble mixing it.

Ingredients------------------------------------
CreaCore has two main ingredients: Creatine HCI and Fenugreek extract. MuscleTech claims that fenugreek extract helps improve creatine uptake.

Doing some research on Fenugreek extract, I found that Fenugreek is an herb native to southern Europe and Asia. Native populations for a wide variety of uses have used fenugreek for thousands of years. Some of these benefits include the support normal body response to glucose. Promotion of healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range. And it may support healthy male hormone levels. MuscleTech claims that the addition of Fenugreek extract aids in creatine uptake by acting similarly to dextrose, but without having to consume additional carbs.

Creatine HCI is the other main ingredient. The biggest difference between Creatine HCl and other creatine products is its water solubility. According to studies, it completely dissolves in water. This is big news because humans are 60-70% water. That means Creatine HCl may completely dissolve in your body, which may reduce the chance of waste.

Effectiveness------------------------------------
I feel that I greatly benefited from using this product. I have used regular creatine mono, micronized mono, and kre-alk, and this is my new favorite creatine supplement. I noticed decreased recovery times and increased endurance in and from my workouts. I also noticed that I had a moderate increase in focus and a mild increase in aggression while in the gym. I had little to no bloating and feel that this product may have actually leaned me out.

Side Effects------------------------------------
I mentioned this a little bit earlier, but several times when I was taking this, after drinking it I would get what felt like a thick coating of mucus in my esophagus. It wasn't anything serious, but was uncomfortable. This product also made me pretty thirsty and I drink a lot of water throughout the day.

Conclusions and Recommendations-------------------
I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a creatine product that causes minimal bloating and provides a decrease in recovery times and increase in endurance. I know that MuscleTech has had a bad rap for being over-hyped and priced, but this product is the real deal.