Amino Build Next Gen Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Amino Build Next Gen is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by MuscleTech. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  December 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:

I've been going to the gym for 9 years, and started off the skinniest weakest kid, and gained a lot of size and strength over time. I like to use BCAA's intra workout, and this product is a pretty good product that's worth getting if the price is right and there's a good promotion going on for it. There are better BCAA products out there, that I would get if it was the same price or just slightly more, but if this product wins the price/deal then it's good enough to get for that time being.

Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%

Cell-Volumizing and Recovery Complex
    Taurine 500 mg
    L-glutamine 500 mg
    L-alanine 500 mg

Strength-Enhancing Compound
    Betaine anhydrous 1.25 g

Electrolyte Blend
    Sodium chloride 180 mg
    Coconut water (as Cocos nucifera)(fruit) 50 mg
    Watermelon juice (as Citrullus lanatus)(fruit) 50 mg
    Dipotassium phosphate 40 mg

This product contains a small dose of glutamine, and has electrolyte blend in it, which is pretty good. The Glutamine in my opinion should be alittle higher dosed.

I bought the icy rocket freeze flavor, and I have to say it tasted awesome, best tasting BCAA mix I ever had, and this product mixes very well. Dose is 1 (9G) scoop, mixed in 8 oz of water pre or intra workout. I used this product intra workout.

This product is a pretty good BCAA mix, that helps you stay fueled during your workout, to help you get the best workout you could for the day. However, BCAA products, in my opinion, aren't the biggest difference makers, and what I feel hurts this product, is it's claims that "test subjects gained 3.75 LBs of muscle" and "shown to increase strength by 40%". When I used this product, I didn't really have any extra gains than I was already having/had with other BCAA products. Yes, This product is a pretty solid mix to help fuel me during my workouts, but I've been going to the gym 9 YRs, and the levels I'm at, an over the counter product isn't going to increase my strength 40%. It's not that simple, and this product definitely didn't deliver there.

This is a muscle tech product, and 1 of the things I'm not crazy about when it comes to muscletech, is muscletech products are too market hyped, and can be deceiving. If this product didn't make those bold claims on the label, I'd have a lot more respect for it.

Great value, at the time I got 30 servings for $25 on bodybuilding.com, and today I see they have 1 for $25, or 2 for $33. That's a great price, and although this may not be my first choice BCAA product (I like Xtend better), I'd buy this product again today if it had the best price/promotion going.

Side Effects

None to Report.

Conclusion

Good BCAA product, not the best one out there, not a huge difference maker, doesn't deliver on it's claims of increasing strength by 40%.. XTend BCAA's are a better product than this and they don't make such bold claims. If this product has the best price/promotion going, then it's good enough to get for the price, but there are better BCAA products out there that i'd choose over this one if they were priced the same or only slightly more.. But if this product wins the price/promotion at the time then it's good enough to get for the deal.

Good product, not the best, and bold deceiving claims on the label.
    • Icy Rocket Freeze: 10/10

• JayT
      December 4, 2017

This is why I, as well as many others, can't stand muscle tech. They make these ridiculous claims/bogus studies over an under dosed product and then charge way too much for it at full price. Then they'll run promotions to act like you're getting such a great deal on it when that's how much they should be charging in the first place. I have bought two products from them back n the day when I first started lifting and I don't think I will ever buy anything from them again. I can't support a company like that.

December 4, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-12-04 22:59:51

@JayT - couldn't of said it any better myself bro. I'm not crazy about muscletech products at all, and I usually try to stay away from their products as well.. GNC is big with muscletech products which is another big negative for GNC in my opinion. Surprisingly I do like Muscle Tech's Creactor a lot which is a creatine HCL product, but that's really the only product by them that I can fully endorse.
      Anyone whose been going to the gym a long time knows any product promising a 40% increase in strength that you can buy at GNC is a fraud. For me to have a 40% increase in strength just from taking a product at this stage of the game would be too good to be true.

• MarsheS
      December 5, 2017

Nice review, however, I need to understand more the scores. Did you put a 7 and 6.8 because the exaggerated claims of MuscleTech were not met or because the product really worked like a 6.8 product??

December 5, 2017

@MarsheS - the reasons I put those ratings were for the products effectiveness however the products bold claims didnt help its cause.

I gave this product a 7 because I feel it is an above average product thats worth buying for a good price / promotion if its running a better deal than other products

• MarsheS

Ok fair enough.

About the marketing claims, yes, MuscleTech exagerates them a lot. But atleast they tell me some of the ingredients they put in there have some studies to back it up, that makes me want to look for those studies and read them if they are true.

Some of their products are underdosed, others slightly underdosed, others are alright, others are elite. But they are usually on some kind of BOGO promo or B2G1. If you're going to shop MuscleTech products, then you must know that so you can get the best price for them. For example, Amino Build. It's ALWAYS on BOGO. You can get it for $15-16 each. Worth it? Of course yes. You can get every category on some kind of BOGO offer (Protein, Multis, Creatine, Glutamine, etc). So at the end of the day, the consumer wins if they know how to buy MuscleTech products.

• JayT
      December 5, 2017

To each his own. I wouldn't pay $5 on a muscle tech product. Actually I wouldn't take one if it was free.

December 5, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-12-05 22:25:25

@MarsheS - perfectly said bro.. This products not a total junk product..personally I like extend Bcaas better and if it was the same price or only a few dollars more Id get that. But right now this product is 2 for $33 on bodybuilding.com..so if I can get 2 of these for $33 vs. 1 of extend for $40 then I may go with this one just for the price/deal as its good enough for that.. However their claims are outrageous and something that would jump out at a gym new be and fool them into buying it..For me personally I know anything I can buy at gnc isnt going to increase my strength 40% lol.
      @JayT - I totally see your point there..Muscletech was even in that documentary "bigger,stronger,faster" admitting that their advertisement is deceiving when they were advertising the hydroxycut product...Muscletech is your perfect company with a nice sounding name, cool labels, big claims, thats heavily advertised and available and calling out to gym rookies who dont know any better.

January 13, 2018

Just going to add a follow up comment here to my review.. this is the current intra workout BCAA I'm not using again, as they had it for a buy 1 get 1 free on bodybuilding.com.. sounds like an amazing deal, but in the end is still good but not as amazing as it sounds..

This product is under dosed, but i'm currently using it at 2 Scoops now.. if you double up on his product, then it can suffice and be pretty good... So if you get it at buy 1 get 1 free, and double dose it, you're really buying the adequate dose for the price of 1.

Not my first choice of BCAA's, but if the price is right on this and the others are much more expensive when there's no promotion, then this can do.