Glutamine Decanate Reviews

By: MuscleMeds

Glutamine Decanate is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by MuscleMeds. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

October 18, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
    Was looking for a glutamine to mix with my protein after working out and found this on the clearance rack at GNC for $20. Gotta love clearance racks.

Current stack: Forza Pro protein, musclemeds glutamine decanate, multivitamin, krill oil, and 1MR.

Price: Picked this up at GNC on clearance for $20 yes you heard me right only $20. 60 servings for $20. That comes out to 33-34 cents per serving. Now if that's not a deal then I don't know what is.

Dosage/Mixability: Dosage was 1-2 scoops a day. I took one scoop a day with my protein on weight lifting days. I did not take this on non lifting days.

Taste: This was non flavored so this had no taste what so ever. I mixed with my protein so it might have masked the taste of it.

Ingredients: Serving Size 1 level scoop (5g)
    Sering per container: 60
    Glutamine Decanate L-Glutamine,decanoic acid,PED 8000 and PEG 3350.

Overview: This was a good product but it was my first glutamine product so I have nothing to compare it to. I would recommend this because my muscles were not as sore and for the price it was amazing

January 22, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    I started using this "supp" on January 4th, 2013 and finished container January 21st, 2013. The only other supplements I am taking are CreatineFreak and VitaFreak which I am still using and almost finished (another week). Used in the morning, before workout, and after workout.

I used this 3x a day, but they suggest 2x a day. I started off with a bodyweight of 167(Jan. 4th) and I now weigh 175lbs (8 good lbs in 18 days...not bad at all) as of today (Jan. 22nd), but it could be attributed to a layoff of 16 weeks(broken ribs).

I am able to train a bodypart every 3 days. 3 On\1 off routine\6 sets per bodypart. I made improvements in reps or went up in weight everytime I worked out. I was also eating 5 times a day, including the Pre and Post workout meal.

I did not experience any side effects (unless more muscle is a side effect). I bought this from supplementsource.ca for 32.00 bucks.

I will not be buying this again because it tastes like puke (awful) and smells like puke. That is my only knock with this product. I literally had to force myself to drink this. It did mix very easy with water, juice, tea. I tried mixing with different sources to mask the taste and smell. I did not try any other supplements from Musclemeds because they might have a horrible taste too.

I am going to go back to USP lab supplements and going to give Advanced Genetics brands a try. Made good gains last year (22lbs with a set of abs in 12 weeks). Lost all gains due to broken ribs (16 weeks to heal) and started training again on Jan. 4th. I will be doing reviews for AG GP3, AG superfood, AG Glycergrow, Powerfull, Anabolic Pump, and Jacked Micro. I am just your average joe training in my workout room (Home gym\barbells and dumbells only).