Carnivor Shot Reviews

By: MuscleMeds

Protein > Beef Protein
Carnivor Shot is a Beef Protein Powder manufactured by MuscleMeds. It is a common, animal based alternative to traditional dairy based protein and is good for those who cannot tolerate dairy based products. The additional dietary protein can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

February 16, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Stomach
  • Convenient
  • Dairy Free
  • Slightly Unpleasant Taste
  • Often In Low Supply
I've been taking Carnivor shots off and on as a primary protein supplement for the last few years.

I have used Carnivor Powder, and a variety of other non-dairy protein powders. I like the results I get from beef protein, but strongly dislike the taste of the powder version.

A bit of background: I've been lifting for about five years now, am in the military, and am getting ready for my first power lifting meet (raw+wraps). I'm also lactose intolerant with a mild dairy allergy, so no whey or casein proteins for me. Even the hydrowhey/lactose free proteins give me a negative reaction.

Value/Price: 8
The shots are cost and space efficient. For about the same price (or a bit less) as a tub of protein powder, you can get 12 50g protein shots. I can normally get these for $30-35/12pack. For comparison, the Egg Protein Powder that I take runs $40-45 (for the same amount of protein as these 12 shots).

Taste: 6
These don't taste bad, yet they don't exactly taste good. Compared to the powder, these things taste amazing. I buy both flavors (orange and fruit punch) and alternate. I get a chocolatey after taste...so think of a chocolate orange, and that is similar to the aftertaste, just more faint.

Ease of use: 10
I like throwing these in my gym bag, I keep a few in my locker at work, and I have my "master supply" at home. They are pre-mixed, easy to drink, small size (similar to a Rothschild size cigar), and get the job done.

Overall: 9
These are a staple in my supplement stash. I've used them while on tour across the USA (they take up just that little space), are cost efficient, and work. What more can I ask for?

January 27, 2012

• Convenient
  • Mixes Well With Pre-workout Products
  • Slightly Unpleasant Taste
These single serv tube proteins have become more and more popular in the industry, and if not for some high price tags, they would sell even more.. The problem is some ppl don't believe in them and others dislike the taste and tell other it taste like "robitussin" or some type of cough syrup. Well in my opinion, this is Space-Age type of protein, its convenience is unmatched hands down- you can get 50 grams of sum the highest quality proteins; Hydrolyzed Collagen Beef protein, which absorbs even FASTER than any Isolate! Its loaded with BCAA's and Zero fat Zero sugar Zero carbs Zero Cholesterol (which is a big deal b/c real beef is high in LDL cholesterol)... and all that fits into 3.5- 4ounces total! when i bought a 12 pack, they were marked down to half price due to expiration date so i payed about 12$ for 12 vials, and these are so versitile,use them as follows: A) the standard post workout fast protein, pound it. B) sip half at beggining of workout, slam other half at end C) when on the go and need a quick 50 grams-done. and my favorite way to use this prod was D) mix half, 25 grams, with 2 scoops of your fav pre workout powder drink 20-30min before, and you have a ultimate muscle growth priming concoction.. the other half can be mixed with a gatorade or sports drink to combine with fast burning carbs and sip during your workout for glycogen replenishment and IGF-1.. i just found these to be so easy to use and since they are Fruit Punch or Orng flavored, they mix with so many other specialty supps like creatines and pre workouts and intra-workout prods.. so always check the dates when u see these in retail stores- if the SELL BY DATE is within 3 months, by policy they have to reduce price!!!.. get em before they stop making em..!

June 18, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Stomach
  • No Bad After Taste
  • Tastes Good
    I've been using Synta6 (strawberry) for the past 2 years. That stuff sucks compared to Carnivor. My goal isn't to look like a body-builder, but rather to just look like I'm in great shape. I have one of those super fast metabolisms that make me regress if I stop working out 3x faster than when I'm trying to gain. My goal weight is 160 which is not easy. However, since starting to use Carnivor (past 2 weeks), I've gained a couple pounds and my waist has slimmed down some.

I can tell you right now that although the powder mix (I hear) tastes awful, the shots do not taste bad AT ALL. In fact, if you've ever had a "raven's revenge" type candy, you'll find the Carnivor fruit punch shot tastes exactly the same. Sour and little sweet, but not at all nasty or hard to keep down. What I like about this stuff especially is that it doesn't burp up with that normal protein taste you get from whey protein. That taste makes me nauseous and this doesn't do that.

I feel this stuff is pretty expensive. I'm using 2 shots a day and following up with a good diet and a lot more protein from the foods I'm eating. At this rate, it's about $18/week since 24 (in the pack) only lasts 12 days. But I've stayed away from fats and sugars completely, yet still gaining, so I know it's working.

At the gym, over the past couple of weeks, I've upped the weight and reps throughout my entire routine. I've been able to push past all my previous barriers and feel I can go further faster now. Yesterday someone even noticed my arms looked bigger. I've of course noticed but I didn't expect anyone else to. So all in all, it's definitely working. Is it worth the money? In my case, yes. I'd like to reach my current goal by the end of August and I feel it's now possible using Carnivor.