VasoSport Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Pre-Workout > Pump
VasoSport is a Pump Product manufactured by Muscle Pharm. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Overall
4.5
  February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Stimulant Free
  • Banned Substance Tested
  • No Artificial Dyes Or Colors
  • Must Be Stacked With Something Else
  • Clumps
  • Not A Stand Alone Pre

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

I received a full tub of this product for winning a contest from my friends over at PricePlow last year and just used the last few scoops. I received this along with a tub of Muscle Pharm Assault but chose to use this on its own to see if it would function as a stand along pre-workout like the label says. Previously I have never been a big fan of Muscle Pharm because of the prop blends and lack of transparency. After the re-brand that they went through, labels became full disclosure and I was willing to give them another shot.

Serving Size: 6 g (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30

L-Citrulline Malate 3 g
Nitrosigine (Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate) 750 mg
Agmatine Sulfate 750 mg
Taurine 500 mg

As you can see, this product has a transparent label so it is easy to see what each scoop gives you. The first thing I was impressed with is that out of a six gram scoop, there are five grams of active ingredients and only one gram of non-actives. It is nice to use a product that is not only 60%-70% actives and the rest fillers. This one is over 83% active ingredients per scoop. Well done Muscle Pharm.

However, I was disappointed about some of the ingredients and/or dosages that they decided to use. First is the L-Citrulline Malate. I am much more a fan of pure L-Citrulline when it comes to pump products. Not knowing the ratio of Citrulline to Malic Acid in this product, I have no idea how much actual Citrulline I am receiving (maybe two grams or so). My other issue is with the dose of Taurine. If this product really wants to be a stand alone pre-workout at one scoop, I feel the Taurine dose needs to be closer to the two grams mark.

Taste >> This product only comes in two flavors. Fruit punch and blue raspberry. I received the blue raspberry flavor and the best I can say is the taste was average. I have never really had a blue raspberry flavor that stood out or blew me away. All of them in any product I have tried have just been "eh" and this one was no different. It was not bad tasting, just nothing to write home or scream joyfully about. I can drink no problem but it's not my favorite flavor.

Mixability >> At only six grams per scoop, there was no issue with mixability when using the recommended amount of water (8-12oz). I always used a shaker bottle with this and it only took a few shakes for everything to be mixed and ready to go. After a few swigs, everything was gone and we are ready to go. Part way through the tub, I started using two to three scoops at a time in the same 8-12oz of water and there still was no issue with mixability. Please note that this product will clump in the tub if left sitting for a few days. Not a huge issue though as a simple shake of the tub before use breaks everything up again.

Dosing >> My first few uses of this product as a stand alone started with the standard one scoop dose. I did that go give this product a shot at being what the label claims as "Stimulant-Free Pre Workout Designed To Deliver A Superior, Sustainable Muscular Pump" At one scoop, I felt almost nothing in terms of pump, focus or drive. From that point I started experimenting with multiple scoops and eventually found it to be a nice pre-workout at between 2.5 and 3 scoops for shoulder, chest or arm days. At almost three scoops, I was getting close to nine grams of the Citrulline Malate and almost my desired 1500mg of Taurine. If this product was stacked with another pre-workout like Muscle Pharm Assault, then one scoop would likely be sufficient.

As I mentioned in the dosing section, the effectiveness of this product did not start to show itself until I started using two and a half to three times the suggested serving. Unless you are a small person and/or react quite strongly to the active ingredients listed, one scoop on its own is basically worthless in my opinion. One scoop mixed with another pre-workout might be effective but I never went that route. When I started using the additional servings for my workouts, the product started to show it effectiveness. I would get decent pumps for chest, shoulders or arms and the extra taurine provided some energy and a mood boost.

The final word in relation to effectiveness is again going to depend on how a person chooses to use this product. At one scoop on its own, not effective from my experience. At multiple scoops on its own, somewhat effective from my experience. At one or multiple scoops stacked with another pre-workout, effectiveness personally unknown but will likely add a nice little extra pump and boost to your workout.

Currently BB.com has this listed at $30 for a 30 scoop tub. If you are trying to use this as a stand alone pre, you will likely need at least two scoops per workout. That only gets you 15 workouts per tub at $2 a workout. For that price per workout, there are much better products on the market with more ingredients at higher dosages. If you already have a good pre-workout and are just looking for a little extra pump with one scoop of this, then at $1 per serving is not terrible. In the end, the value to each individual is really going to depend on how you plan on using the product. For my use at two to three scoops per workout, it is a pass for me.

Side Effects

No side effects to report and I can not foresee any side effects for anyone else unless your body has a reaction to one of the active ingredients. There are no artificial colors in the blue raspberry flavor. It is colored by using Spirulina Extract.

Conclusion

In conclusion, think about how you plan to use this product before purchasing. That will determine the effectiveness and value that you can expect to receive from the tub based on my experiences. While I am happy that Muscle Pharm has turned a corner and started to become more transparent with their products; their next step needs to be efficacious dosing in each and every scoop. I am glad that I received this product for free, as it allowed me to experiment more freely without having to worry about wasting my money by going through the tub too quickly.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions
  • Blue Raspberry: 5/10