Shred Sport Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Shred Sport reviews.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; Muscle Pharm did not participate)
  July 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Thermogenic Effect
  • Good Diuretic
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Missing A Couple Of Key Ingredients
  • Needs More Servings
  • Needs An Appetite Suppressant

Shred Sport is a fat burner with tried-and-true ingredients--with an extra cayenne kick.

Greetings, TROOPers! I'm back with another review; this time it's Shred Sport from the good people at Muscle Pharm. Thanks to Clipper83 for so generously donating one of his bounty rewards and giving me the opportunity to review this product.

As some of you may already know, I'm recovering from back surgery. The process is taking longer than desired, but I'm making progress nonetheless. During my time of total inactivity (about 8 1/2 weeks), I put on some unwanted pounds while simultaneously losing some muscle mass. It wasn't a drastic change, but it was enough to make me go as hard as my body would allow once I was able to get back into the gym.

Prior to taking Shred Sport, I took DMHA powder, which actually was pretty effective in terms of focus, energy, and fat loss, but tasted HORRIBLE! Although I saw some pretty decent results, I wanted to try something a little more palatable--enter Shred Sport. What attracted me to this product was its back-to basics approach to fat burning, with an emphasis on BURNING.

The ingredient profile is pretty old school; nothing really fancy. Here's a breakdown:

Sulbutiamine (Vitamin B-1) 100 mg
Capsimax Capsicum Extract (Capsicum annuum) (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) 125 mg
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Root Extract 100 mg
Theacrine (as TeaCrine) 50 mg
Fucoxanthin (from Ascophyllum nodosum) 15 mg

There is an adequate amount of L-Carnitine (750 mg) in Shred. However, I would have liked for Muscle Pharm to be a bit less conservative and boosted the ALCAR amount to 500 or maybe 750 mg.

I think the dosage of caffeine should have been upped slightly to maybe 250 mg and then added some green tea extract, and increased the theacrine to maybe 75 mg. This could have possibly given it a more pronounced energy kick.

The Capsicum (cayenne pepper) extract is more than adequate for not only increasing thermogenesis, but giving users the ability to "feel" it. Yes, this stuff will have you sweating bullets!

Fucoxanthin, via its metabolites, seems to be stored in fat cells for a prolonged period of time and can induce fat loss while inhibiting fat cell differentiation and proliferation. Although only one human study has been published, it appears to be a promising stim-free fat loss agent but requires time to work (5-16 weeks).

Notably absent from this ingredient profile is synephrine. I think that the addition of this could have really ramped up Shred Sport's fat burning ability.

There are a few obvious ingredients missing from this formula. I gave the ingredient profile a 7. With the aforementionedingredients added, the score would be much higher.

Shred Sport comes in a 30 serving bottle containing 60 capsules. There was no taste. However, I wouldn't take it on an empty stomach. The red pepper (Capsicum) could cause minor heartburn. The label recommends 1 serving (2 capsules) per day. However with the amount of ingredients Shred Sport contains per capsule, I think that it is much more effective at 2 servings (4 capsules) per day. I purchased a second bottle and took 2 servings per day; once with my pre workout protein shake, and the other with my lunch.

At 2 servings a day, I noticed myself sweating profusely. I had a decent amount of energy, and I was peeing quite a bit (the dandelion root worked quite well). I was able to shed about 6 pounds, although I'm sure that due to the amount of dandelion root extract, half of it (maybe more) was water weight.
Honestly, I think that had I taken just one serving during the 4 week run, I probably would have been a bit disappointed. However, with two servings, I saw more definition in my abs, increased vascularity, and my overall muscle definition increased moderately. Unfortunately, my appetite was unchanged. I was hoping for some type of appetite suppressing effect, but alas, no. Perhaps the addition of hoodia and/or relora would have helped in that department.

When taken twice a day, I would rate this, from a strictly fat burning standpoint an 8. Taken just once a day, I'd probably rate it a 6.5.

I found a 60 count bottle of Shred Sport on Amazon for $14.23 and at jet.com for $15.46. This represents a pretty good value if you just want to take one serving. However, taking 4 capsules a day (2 servings) puts Shred Sport on par with most other fat burners.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Shred Sport is a good (not great) fat burner, but it's most effective when used at two servings a day (my experience). I think that it's missing a few key ingredients (green tea, synephrine, appetite suppressant[s]) that could push it to top-tier status.