This product has been reported as discontinued.

PRICES

• Bad Aftertaste
  • Hidden BCAA Amount
  • Discontinued

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Before you say, I know this product recently got discontinued. I recently finished taking my 4th container of MP Whey Diesel. I think I've been taking it since December 2016. I decided to write this review because I wanted to share my experience with the product and also because MusclePharm is introducing again the products they had before (with a few changes) so I imagine they will also introduce a product similar to MusclePharm Whey Diesel.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

15 grams of Whey Protein Isolate and 10 grams of Whey Protein Concentrate, which makes it 25 grams of total Protein.
5 grams of added (extra) Glutamine.
Very low calories, fat and carbohydrates.

When I first saw 5 grams of Glutamine, I thought it was the typical grams most Whey Protein supplements have. But then I read more and I saw it was an extra amount. So if it's an extra amount, then why they didn't market this saying it has 9 or 10 grams of Glutamine? That's what makes it special. I also don't like that they hid the BCAA amount. Hopefully if they release a new version of this, they tell us how much BCAA it has.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I tried both flavors, 2 containers each: Chocolate Milkshake and Vanilla Ice Cream. If you read those names, you imagine the taste will be amazing! Too bad they weren't. They both had a bad aftertaste, you could feel the chemicals. If they decide to release a new version, I really hope they fix the taste! The taste overall isn't bad but it's not good either. 5/10 maybe 6/10 if I'm generous. I hope they didn't do that on purpose for this to "taste like Diesel" Hahaha.

*MIXABILITY: I thought this would mix faster considering it had 15 grams of Whey Isolate and 10g of Whey Concentrate. Well, nope. I had close to 200 servings, it only gave me problems mixing like with 15-20 servings, that's not bad. And some servings was because I went straight with 2 scoops directly, so overall it didn't give me problems mixing it but you have to shake this for like 30 seconds.

*DOSING: I usually took 2 scoops per day (1 scoop during weekends), sometimes the 2 scoops at once or divided during the day. 8oz for a strong taste, 10-12oz for a lighter taste. My suggestion is to use 8oz with 1 scoop to finish it faster lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering I used MP Whey Diesel for 6 months approximately, I can gladly say if it helped me build/develop muscle or not which is the main purpose of taking a Protein supplement lol. All the digestion thing is secondary that depends more in our body's environment but yea, I understand that you can't really say much when you finish a 2 pound container, maybe you could with a 4 pound or 5 pound. Anyways, during the 6 months of use, I got excellent results. My muscles are definitely more developed, of course I also took a lot of other supplements (like always). The thing is that I always take Creatine, BCAA, Glutamine, etc, but with Diesel, the results were enhanced. Coincidence? I don't think so. Increased muscle size and muscles growth was visible. That's how Protein works!

I'm dissapointed with the added 5 grams of Glutamine because I didn't perceive improved recovery from this. I think the improved recovery came from other supplements (BCAA, Creatine, etc). So maybe if they release a new version, they can remove the added Glutamine and add another ingredient, maybe some extra Creatine or BCAA or surprise us with HMB or HICA... I was also kind of dissapointed with the digestion time. Considering it has 15g of Whey Isolate and 10g of Whey Concentrate, I expected a digestion time of 1 hour, maybe 1.5 hours max. but it took 2 hours approx. with 1 scoop and like 3-3.5 hours with 2 scoops. Not shocking though.

VALUE

Initially, it had a cost of $54.99 and then $49.99. I think $49.99 is a fair value, you're getting extra Glutamine (46 servings of Glutamine) and top quality disclosed protein sources.

SIDE EFFECTS

I had close to 200 servings and I had side effects of going to the bathroom after taking this like 5-10 times maximum. Nothing to worry about.

CONCLUSION

A Protein supplement with 15 grams of Whey Isolate and 10 grams of Whey Concentrate. It's good that it has more Isolate. They also added 5 grams of extra Glutamine which makes this a unique protein supplement although I didn't really see too much effects from that extra Glutamine. Excellent, visible and effective results after using 4 containers. Taste of the 2 flavors had a bad aftertaste that ruined everything, I hope they fix that. Value was fair considering you get 46 extra servings of Glutamine per container. I hope MusclePharm releases a new version of Whey Diesel with the things they need to fix.
  • Chocolate Milkshake: 5/10
  • Vanilla Ice Cream: 5/10

• Wis3guy
    July 17, 2017

Very informative. I am not sure on continuing use of something that tastes that bad, unless it works way better than the ones that do. Did this work that much better than better tasting ones? Or is it cost that makes it worth it?

• MarsheS
    July 17, 2017

MP Diesel Whey worked better than other protein powders. However, consider the factor that I used 4 containers of Diesel Whey consecutively (16 pounds - almost 200 servings). It's the first time I do that with a protein powder so maybe it's not completely fair with other protein powders which I used once or twice (but not in a row).