Combat Crunch Bars Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.9
  August 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Texture
  • Tastes Good For A Protein Bar
  • Taste Great
  • Digestive Issues

Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch bars are an easy way to get some protein into your system on the go. They come in packs of four or 12, and pack 20 grams of protein, also being gluten free - which is a good bonus. These bars are up there on my list of some of my favorites but not everything I experienced was fantastic.

18 years old and I lift five days a week. I work at my local gym after finding my love for fitness and bettering myself. I teach as an instructor for Les Mills, instructing RPM (a spin class). I usually drink a protein shake after all of my workout days, but I switched from that to these bars when I had recieved 16 of them.

Here is the entire ingredients list!
Some things I would like to highlight is that the bar consist of a whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate - makes up 20g per bar
210 calories per bar which worked well into my diet (I usually am not too strict with my caloric intake my metabolism is still kicking because of my age)

My only concern with the ingredients in this bar is the palm oils. Palm oils have come up on my radar recently similar to dyes and artificial sweeteners. It is not a deal breaker for me, but the palm oils just add a negative to the product. Palm Oil is made up of 50% saturated fats which increases your LDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides. Again, not a make it or break it but just a negative for me

1 Bar Birthday Cake
Serving Size: 1 Bar (63 g)
Servings Per Container: 1
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 22%
Iron 1%
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients:
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharide (Prebiotic Fiber), Vegetable Glycerin, Sugar, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Palm Kernel Oil), Almonds, Water, and Maltitol., Contains less than 2% of: Resistant Maltodextrin, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Malt, Natural Colors, Rice Flour, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, and Sucralose.
CONTAINS MILK, SOY, TREE NUT, AND PEANUT. MANUFACTURED IN A PLANT THAT PROCESSES MILK, SOY, TREE NUT, WHEAT, PEANUT, AND EGG PRODUCTS.

I received the cookie dough flavored crunch bars and they were really good! Cookie Dough flavorings are my favorite, but its hard to find a good one out there as sometimes they are too rubbery. In this case, the cookie dough was soft and a little chewy which was perfect. The inside of the bar consists of little pieces of chocolate crisp things (which can get a little messy). The chocolate bits add the crunch that you're looking for and the bar itself seems like a candy bar.

Dosing is based off one bar which is the perfect amount. I would take these throughout the day when it was convenient for me and when I felt it was needed.

So for effectiveness I will judge this as a sense of fullness and satisfaction rather then whether or not the protein aided me in muscle building as you can not really tell how much the protein intake helps you.
During the days I would take this as I needed in areas where I would need to eat a snack. This held me over for about an hour or two! I think thats a decent amount of time because I would eat after a lifting session, and it would hold me over until I needed to go catch dinner.

These are sold on bodybuilding.com for 9.99 for a box of four or 24.99 for a box of 12. This comes out to about 2.08 per bar if you buy the 12 pack. That seems to be a little more expensive then some other bars but they are pretty delicious.

Side Effects

This was really bad for me. With this protein bar I struggled with gas. Yes, they were awfully smelling and very frequent. This was honestly an awful experience and prevented me from buying these another time. If my digestive system did not respond to the bars like this, I would buy these everytime.

Conclusion

Overall, this protein bar does the job. Its convenient, delicious, and it kept me full when I needed it too. The issue here for me was that the bars caused some digestive issues with me. Great bars, bad farts. If youre looking for a good protein bar, you found it here but lets just hope for your sake and the people around you that these dont react the same with you as they did with me.
Thanks for reading SRs
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 10/10

• Wis3guy
    August 23, 2018

Good job on telling us how they worked for you. I am wondering why you would recommend them if they caused you bad sides?

• scholl24
    August 24, 2018

Hey Wis3guy! After looking around to see if others had the same problems... I found that I seemed to be the odd one out! Maybe I just react to them different then others? Or maybe a couple of the boxes I recieved were not the best, but I doubt that. I still think everyone else should give them a try because they were great bars! My stomach just didnt settle well with them. Thanks for the comment!