Assault Reviews

Cons:
  • Great Endurance
  • Ingredients
  • Too Sweet
Assault was the first pre workout i got into as I began seriously working out. I went through two tubs of the 32 serving and had a pleasant experience both times. It is definitely a solid pre workout that gets the job done.

Profile-9/10
Honestly, a look at the ingredient profile, and you'd think this was the god of pre workouts. You have a 5g serving of Con-Crete, 6g of BCAA's, 4g of Beta-Alanine, 1.5g of Citrulline Malate, and Astragin & Cillunin (to increase absorption) in every scoop. Very impressive ingredients in here.

Mixability-8/10
I should start by saying a full scoop of Assault is huge. (46 grams to be exact)Yes the serving size is half a scoop, but I'll get to that later in the review. So first workout, I mixed a full scoop of Raspberry Lemonade in with about 16 oz. of water. There was no clumping but there was a somewhat chalky consistency towards the end of the drink. Not a huge deal, but sometimes unsettling.

Taste-7-9/10
I'll judge the two flavors I've used which are the Raspberry lemonade and the Orange Mango. Both of these flavors were EXTREMELY sweet. If you don't use enough water, you might have trouble getting it down (weird, I know). The R.L. flavor was refreshing. More raspberry than lemonade, as there was no real tartness, but nonetheless, good. The O.M. was good as well. This one however, was unbearably sweet. No matter how much water I used the sweetness was insane. It is what it is, as taste isn't THAT important to me.

Effects/Results-8/10
The first time I took this was before a shoulder day. I took it about 20 minutes before I hit the weights on an empty stomach. Now this being my first experience with these ingredients I was unsure of what to expect. I didn't and rarely ever get the "tingles" caused by beta alanine. Still, I did feel focused and wanted to crush some weight. The big thing with assault was that whenever I was on it, I felt very strong. This is the only pre workout I've taken where I literally feel 10x stronger than normal. I hit many personal records on assault and made massive strength gains on it. Not insane energy or pumps, but the motivation to lift heavy was good enough for me.

Value-6/10
On tigerfitness.com you can get 32 servings of Assault for about $35. Now this is SERVINGS. A serving of Assault is half the scoop. IF you use a full scoop you're looking at 16 servings. I should mention I used half a scoop one time and felt nothing whatsoever. One scoop is optimal and Musclepharm should really change the dosing on this.

Overall-8/10
Being introduced to pre-workouts helped me break plateaus and see some serious gains. On Assault, I was always going up in weight and felt very strong. The taste, at times, was a bit too sweet, but nothing that affected the workout. Not an extreme energy or pump product but a solid pre workout. If Musclepharm would change the dosing on the sccop/serving ratio, I'd make this a staple in my supplement stack.

#stayshredded