Arnold Iron Pack has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Arnold Iron Pack Reviews

By: Muscle Pharm

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Arnold Iron Pack is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Muscle Pharm. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Arnold Iron Pack has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

November 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:

Hi guys. I've been using SR to build stacks since I started lifting. I created a profile once...forever ago....but never did anything with it. It was recently, while watching New Girl (don't judge, it's a great show) with my wife sitting on the couch that she leaned over "what're you looking at?". Well, of course, "my next stack, seeing what people think of this". I was at the time looking at Cissus, but I think I'm going to stick with UN Flex. Anyways she proceeded to ask me why, with all the years I've been stacking, I never write anything. Great question honey! So here I am, writing my first review. Choose Arnold Iron Pack because I recently purchased another box of it (I've been a on again off again user since it came out) and thought a multi would be a good place to start.

Background! I've been lifting since my track days in highschool but didn't seriously start getting into it until my sophomore year of college. My first supplements was what BSN used to call their MASS STACK, haven't taken their supplements since but that semester I went from 138lbs to 172lbs. Had to be something good in there. Highschool track showed me that I have some knee issues. I'm still not certain if the ligaments just rub and irritate against my knees or if it's my knee caps not tracking right when I bend, but heavy squats make them snap, crackle and hurt. Also, and let this be a lesson for you new lifters, I did bench press with no instruction (as in terrible form). As a result when my bench reached 180lbs my shoulder began to protest with sharp pains. This kept me from benching for years, it was always dumbell press at a canted angle. Finally back on the bench but let it serve as a warning.

Most recently my wife and I have started going to a crossfit gym. I started attending the gym every Mon, Wed, Fri and starting next week will be attending every weekday (I'm not sure why I punish myself with 6am workouts every day but....but nothing, I hate the AM). Since attending my weight has gone from 175ish to 182lbs with various supp's being used. I'm normally a Universal Nutrition kind of guy but I can't always afford to stack all the products necessary to get the complete deal (multi, joint, fish oil, ect).

My most recent stack; NOW Whey Isolate (flavorless), All American EFX Kre-Alkaline, Animal Pak, Animal Flex. My PreWorkout was a cup of black coffee (made to battery acid levels)

This stack ran out about a week ago so I got online and ordered a few multiple use supps to hold me over before I try an expensive but hopefully effective UN Stack (affectionately called "Unleashing the Animal"...I might like this company too much).

My current maintenance stack consists of; Arnold Iron Pack, Optimum Hydro Whey and Animal Pump
    I've used this stack before and while my gains do not sky rocket they still climb steadily.

My wife and I are careful about our diet planning meals a week ahead of time (helps with grocery shopping). Try to have protein in every meal with low carb meals for dinner, mostly clean with few desserts. Sleep schedule could be better but I'm landing a solid five to six hours per night. I've been taking Animal Flex religiously for years because it's one of the only supplements I've found to help me with my knees and shoulder.

Let me know if you want to know more about me but I don't want to continue boring you with my life.

Other Multi's I've taken:
    Universal Nutrition Animal Pak (no matter what I take, I always come back to this, it is my #1)
    GNC AMP Mega Man
    Arnold Series Iron Pack
    Airborne Immune System Vitamin
    NOW Adam

Onto Iron Pack!

The first thing I noticed about Iron Pak's box they actually tell you what's in each pill. Now if you bought the supp I'm assuming you plan on taking all the pills but still it's nice that they break down which pill contains what. The next thing I noticed is it's complete. The profile may not be great in any one area but it's good in all of them. That's what I buy this multi for. As I said I'm normally a Universal Nutrition kind of a guy. Everything UN makes is GREAT at what it's made/labeled for but doesn't do, well, anything else. Iron Pak is on the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't really think it does great in any one area but it does well in all of them. For those times I can't afford to buy three or four different supps this one allows me to take one pack and keep on an even playing field until the bank account comes back up. It takes care of all your basics but it seems at minimal levels (I could be wrong but it's hard to tell because it doesn't tell you how much of each ingredient it uses in the blends).

One pack, wrapped in plastic. Open it up and take the contents with breakfast. If you're going out you can stick the pack in your pocket. I love this; easy dosing. The red and white pills (alpha performance complex) do have a funny taste if you don't swallow them quick enough but it's nothing horrible.

Hard to judge the effectiveness of a multi, but I can tell you I feel good. When I used the foundations from UN (Pak, Flex, Omega) I feel GREAT, healthier than I've ever been. This is like a lesser version of that. I know that's vague but it's the best way I can explain it. I'm awake and alert and the pain in my knees is much less. I can't say I feel like a super hero or anything but I feel better on this than taking nothing at all.

It's expensive. Seems like all the good supp's are these days. I'm used to paying the $24 for Animal Pak but that at least gave me 44 days worth. BUT, it was a multi and only a multi. Iron Pack is a multi/performance enhances/joint guard/fish oil rolled into one. Not particularly great in any of those fields but satisfactory in all of them. It's going to set you about a dollar a day, $30 a month. Doesn't seem too bad until I realize that's what I'm paying for my smallest college loan. In perspective, it's good, but I could be debt free in half the time if I didn't take it.

Side Effects

As with every multi I seem to take it will make your toilet glow in the dark. The Riboflavin, or B2, might be a little excessive (19mg!) and as a result what your body isn't absorbing ends up in your now neon yellow urine. However, most multi's seem to have a lot of B2 and most of your multi's result in said neon yellow urine.

More specific to Iron Pak however I have recently found that I cannot take this product with dinner. Now most multi's you want to take with your first meal to get your body ready for the day but every once in a while I find that I forgot to take it in the morning and end up taking it with the last meal of the day. This isn't a problem with the other multi's I've taken. With Iron Pak, however, I have found that I'll start getting a little tense. Mainly I notice I start clenching my jaw a lot and I get anxious (don't want to sit still), sleep eludes me for a while. I'm thinking it's the Alpha Performance blend but not certain. Either way this isn't a multi you want to take in the evening.

Conclusion

This product is solid. If your stack is minimal or you're just looking for a multi then I would absolutely recommend this product. There are better multi vitamins out there but very few multi-supplement supplements. You feel good and it doesn't REALLY break the bank. You're going to pay for a good supplement, if you take them you know this, but this IS a good supplement.

February 23, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:

Canned Intro Statement (I shall continue to post this until I get bored with it, you can continue to not read it): MMA since high-school, competitor and instructor. Former Certified Personal Trainer through NASM and ACE. Owned my own online supplement store (past tense). Currently in the military (PTL) and I eat Paleo due to a gluten allergy.

I waltzed into my local nutrition center looking for some protein powder and a multivitamin to support my workouts and came across Arnold's relatively new line of supplements. I figured I might as well try out the multi-vitamin packs that were reminiscent of Animal Pak. The following review is my impression of the product, nothing more. Other multivitamins I have used include ON Opti-Men (or as I call it Multi-Men, also my current multi), Orange Triad, and Animal Pak.

Well, the ingredient profile is good as far as I can tell. It doesn't have any of the bad stuff that you would see in a multivitamin from a few years ago like Iron. Also, it breaks each pill down into a different purpose for those of us without a Doctorate in chemistry. It has your typical vitamins and minerals in addition to assisting in digestion and nutrient absorption. The pack contains DAA (in unknown quantities), BCAAs and beta alanine (also unknown quantities.) It also contains fish oil to get your daily fishiness on (the ladies love that.) It also contains a joint support complex which is spiffy, but seemed ineffective. It also contained liver tabs which were absolutely horrible, but more on that later. Lastly, it contains a cognitive support pill. All of these things come together into one hell of a pack of pills to take (10 in total, leave your gag reflex at the door...)

Well, this section doesn't really play a huge part in the score of a multivitamin, but I would like to note that the "alpha performance blend" in each pack had leaked and made it difficult to get them out of the bag and also added a horrific bitter taste to the capsules. The liver tabs are massive and uncoated, so swallowing them is less than pleasant, plus they taste like you'd imagine. Everything else went down smoothly and without additional fanfare.

When you shell out $30 for a multivitamin that makes a LOT of claims (look at the box), you expect something more than...absolutely no effect at all. While I am sure that this multi got me my daily ratios of vitamins and minerals, it failed to accomplish any of its other claims. The "Alpha Blend" does not list the amount of each ingredient, but based upon a lack of effects, I can assume that most of those pills was either lost when they leaked, or contained a very small amount of the advertised ingredients. The fish oil probably did its fish oil thing, no way to tell if it was helpful or not, there were no "fish burps" as advertised. The joint armor was not effective, but in their defense I have horrible joints from years of martial arts, so maybe my joints are just screwed. The liver tabs...OH BOY, here is the claim from the box: "Benefits include fat metabolism, energy and stamina increases, repair of damaged tissue, reduction in sugar cravings and liver protection. Desiccated liver helps increase red blood cell count and stimulate appetite and taking liver tablets will naturally increase nitrogen retention. Within weeks, many notice greater strength and endurance. With longer use, you will notice an increase of lean body mass as well. Expect great gains, faster recovery, greater muscle pumps and better overall health." Hahaha, that's a good one...apparently after all this time the only thing people needed to take to be jacked, strong, and less likely to eat sugar was liver tabs. Of course, those claims have not been evaluated by the FDA, but hey, Arnold's face is on the packaging so it must be true. If anything, my sugar cravings went up while taking this product. Lastly, the cognitive support--nothing, no change in brain function or mental clarity (Ampitropin is more effective with one pill than all 30 of these were.) So there you have it...not impressed, no idea how this has a 9.6 on BB.com.

Expensive. I can get a 30-day supply of ON Opti-men for half the price of this and far less of the BS. Heck Orange Triad is cheaper and Animal Pak is cheaper and doesn't make silly claims about liver.

Side Effects

None. Also, no positive effects. Really...no effects at all.

Conclusion

Multivitamins are tricky. How many of us can state with certainty that our multivitamins are doing anything other than getting pissed out each day? That being said, you can find a far cheaper multivitamin that has all of the ingredients that you need to support your lifting hobbies. ON Opti-men has almost all of the same ingredients in an easy 3-pills a day form that is easy to swallow and doesn't taste like bitter beer face. ON also doesn't make wild claims about their product that don't live up to the hype. So go get some ON, some Orange Triad, or some Animal Pak if you really like the pack thing.