Recovery 911 Reviews

By: Muscle Gauge Nutrition

Recovery 911 is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Muscle Gauge Nutrition. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

July 29, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Over-priced
    More from MGN, & more gratitude.

Recovery 911 is their post-workout supplement. It has pretty much everything you look for in a post-workout shake.

PROFILE: B-
    It's a complete profile; containing 35g of protein, 22g of carbohydrates, 3g creatine-monohydrate, & other various vitamins & minerals. Some ingredients that caught my eye were the Vitamins A, C, & D. I'm not sure I understand the presence of Vitamin A, but 88IUs does not seem like nearly enough to make a difference. 700mcg of Vitamin C seems about right. Vitamin D seems to severely under-dosed as well, as 7IUs is next to nothing IMO considering you can buy Vitamin D supplements that come in 2000IU soft gels. So something amiss here.
    Altogether it isn't bad, but perhaps a little under-dosed in some areas.
    The good thing about Recovery 911 is no prop blends.
    What's troubling is that the label claims it contains Vitamin E, but I can't find it anywhere on the nutrition label. It's either a typo for Vitamin D, or they got some explaining to do...

MIXABILITY: C
    More foaming issues, thusly more quality questions. Recovery 911's foam was particularly troublesome, to the point where gave up trying to finish up a dose once I hit the foam.
    It's not as quick mixing as MGN would have you believe, & it will take a good effort to mix it up.

DRINKABILITY/TASTE: C
    I received the "orange" flavour, & it tasted somewhat like orange.
    Not the amazing taste MGN claims, but it's OK. It's tolerable.

EFFETIVENESS: C
    I'll be honest, I got better recovery from ON's Platinum Hydro Builder & MHP's Dark Matter. Granted it is better than taking nothing, but I don't feel it's anything special.
    I usually took 2scoops (1serv) post-workout, after all my workouts.
    I wasn't too sore after my heavy days, & I got my legs back under me pretty quickly after my Martial Arts sessions. However, since I've been off of it I haven't really noticed too much of a difference in recovery rates.
    I will say it works, but at best "average."

VALUE: D
    According to the SR price finder thing, this runs between $45-$50...for 19 servings. However, fellow Expert Reviewer Reinger reported it at $40, so it's not an utter fail.
    Undoubtedly, you can spend just as much money buying a protein powder & creatine of your choice, & perhaps a carbohydrate supplement. You may even pay more than $50 if you go top shelf. However, you will get better quality & more servings.
    I just really cant get behind the price tag I'm seeing, considering that I can pay $40 for Platinum Hydro Builder or Dark Matter & get more servings & better quality ingredients. I know that I may be comparing apples to oranges in the case of Platinum Hydro Builder, but in the past several months these are the only post-workout recovery supplements I've used.

OVERALL: D+
    A lot of Cs and a D don't tally up to a high score. I really didn't like this product at all, & I'm having a hard time looking at this product in a good light.
    It does work to an extent, in that it's better than nothing. However, when compared to other options I quickly find myself moving past Recovery 911 to other products. I would say this is worth a try, but I really can't say that as I don't believe that at this point.

July 13, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Protein And Bcaa Source.
    • Foam. A Bit Pricy.
    Muscle Gauge Nutrition's Recovery 911. A big thanks to MGN for participating in the ER program, and letting us take a run at a slew of their supplement line.

Overall I think this was a decent product whcih is headed in the right direction. With a few tweaks it could be on point. If your going to pay for a post recovery supplement, the profile needs to be dead on.
    Recovery 911 comes close, but slightly missed the mark in a few areas.

Taste: 7
    I was given the orange flavor. The taste wasnt terrible and was definitely a change from your usual chocolate or vanilla flavor. Slight after taste that I had trouble getting over. Half way through the tub I was a little over the orange, but that may just have been my preference to more traditional flavors.

Texture/Mix: 6
    Thick and creamy, mixed relatively well as far as sediment. But the foam, ohhh the foam. I had trouble keeping the product from bloating out the top of my shaker. No matter how much water I added, the foam would appear. Made it somewhat difficult to pound down and may have attributed to the after taste. I would let it air out and swish it around constantly to convince the foam to subside.

Porofile: 7
    Again, MGN is on the right track, but a few tweaks may allow for more effectiveness.

Whey Protien Isolate, Glucose, Maltodexterin, BCAA complex, Creatine (Mono) L-Gluatamine, Taurine, Tyrosine, Vitamin E, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose.

Doesn't sound too bad, and its not, its more the quantities and ratios, or lack there of.

2 Soops=80g
    L-Glutamine: 8g
    Taurine: 950mg
    L-Tyrosine: 980mg
    Alpha Lipoic Acid: 200 mg

35g of WPI is sufficient and the BCAA complex is enticing. I would prefer a slightly higher carb ratio and blend. I would also prefer a different creatine source than monohydrate. If you are to go that route, any thing less than 5g seems insufficient.

Value: 6
    19 servings in a 3.3lb tub. Average cost $40 +.
    If your paying any more than two dollars a serving for a recovery supplement, all aspects should hit the mark. This is where MGN fell just a bit shy.

Effectiveness: 7
    It no doubt works, but I believe that the profile could have slightly been better, rendering the product more effective. A few bumps in the proflie and it would be comparable to some of the more favored recovery supplements.

Overall: 7
    I would recomend this if you can find it on sale, or are looking for a change of pace in the post workout category. A few changes in the profile and if the foam condition were to be rendered, I would definitley give it another run.