American Protein Isolate Reviews

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Easy
  • Annoying Foam When Shaken
  • Only A Few Websites Carry This Brand.
I wanted to try something different so I decided to go with American Iso by MGN. The main reason I went with this is because of the price. I went with the Chocolate flavor which is hard to beat.

Profile:8/10 The overall list of ingredients in this is not to bad. 22grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar, 2 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fat per serving. Its not to bad but could be a little better on the ratio.

Taste: 8/10 As I said above I got the chocolate flavor. It does not have a real strong chocolate taste to it. It remined me a lot like drinking chocolate milk. Next time I want to try one of their other flavors just to see what they are like and so I don't get tired of just the chocolate flavor.

Mixability:9/10 This stuff seemed to mix very well with water or milk. The one thing I did not like about this was after you shook it up it got real foamy and I noticed that when I drank it. A little less on the foam and I think it would be a little better.

Effectiveness:9/10 I thought this was a pretty decent overall protein. I felt I got some good recovery gains on this and felt it help me put on a little more size. I also felt it help me get a little stronger on my lifts since it helped me put more size on.

Value:10/10 I think the value of this stuff is really good considering how many other protein brands are really rasing the price of their protein. When I got this stuff I got the 5lb tub (77 servings) for $35.99. This was the cheapest I could find this stuff on any website that had it in stock. Since I got this protein the website I had ordered it from has raised the price a few dollars which I don't like. I found out that the cost of protein is starting to really go up a lot which I don't like hearing.

One thing I don't like about this brand is that only a few websites carry it and it can be really hard to find. Usually a lot of the websites I noticed that carry this protein are sold out a lot of the time.

I think overall this is a pretty decent blend of protein considering the cost and amount of servings you get in the 5lb tub. I would high recommend trying this at least once. I do think there is other protein out there that is maybe a little better but for me this did what I needed it to do and I was very happy with this brand. I am for sure planning to get another tub of this since the price is still fairly decent.