Amino Boost Reviews

By: Muscle Feast

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Amino Boost is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Muscle Feast. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
6.6

Overall
Overall
5.3
5.4
  October 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Under-dosed
    • Over-priced
    • Underperformed
    • Low Energy

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay in posting. My computer was completely out of commission for a while and I finally was able to get another one so I will be catching up over the next little while. I have been steadily been staying the course with working although times of the day has varied and will continue to vary throughout the week. Sometimes early morning, sometimes evening. Been crazy but have kept to 4x a week for the most part.

I am not super crazy about this profile. Less than 2g of Leucine and less than half a gram of Isoleucine and valine each. 1600mg of Tyrosine and Carnitine Each. ALCAR and Taurine at just above a gram apiece and 150mg of caffeine. Really scratching my head at this profile. If you want to sniff anything close to 8g of BCAA's it comes with 300mg of caffeine.

Muscle Feast isn't exactly known for having great tasting products. They are more about dosing which is why this profile leaves me for a loss. That being said, the fruit punch flavor wasn't too bad, something slightly less than average but not bad tasting. Sort of grainy texture and didn't completely mix. Dosing was 3 scoops per serving and 23.8 servings per container which I found weird.

I stuck with a single serving as my intraworkout to supplement the stims in my preworkout drink. It was pretty light to drink but lacked the refreshing taste if that makes any sense. The extra caffeine was nice and provided a little extra kick to whatever preworkout sample I was using. Really thats all I have nice to say about it. DOMS was worse and I was sore for longer than with a good intra. I was also getting more cramping in my arms and chest especially, which is usually combated with a solid intraworkout. All in all, I felt like this amino profile was largely lackluster in performace.

Like I stated before, this has roughly 24 servings. These are small servings, so many people will probably double or even triple it to get really anything out of it. So if you double it you really only have about 12 servings. The tub sells for 19.99 so for the price/quality ratio I dont really see a strong value here. At 24 servings you really don't get much of anything, at 12 servings, the servings are pretty expensive still for what you get out of it.

Side Effects

Disappointment.

Conclusion

I really had high hopes for Muscle Feast products. I have tried and liked some in the past but haven't had as good of experiences with them recently. Overall, I would have to say that this product is a dud and I wouldn't recommend it.
    • Fruit Punch: 6/10

September 9, 2016

• Does Not Need Caffeine
    Big fan of any amino like products. Aminos should be a staple of everyones regiment no matter what type of lifting you are doing. Weather it be crossfit, powerlifting, mma, running, bodybuilding, etc. When muscles get broken down, the DOMS kick in and unless you're on the juice the recovery is painful and slow which makes a big detriment to your next days and following workouts. Amino's are a helpful way to speed up the recovery in the next days as well as make the actual current workout you're on much better.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Ingredients: 8/10 - All of the ingredients are straight forward. There are no prop blends. You know exactly how much of each you are getting. It features the 3 L's for the BCAA which are dosed fairly well.

Over 1g of Taurine which is great for hydration during the workout as well as post recovery.
    L-Cetrulline at 1.5 which I imagine is to open the blood vessels up and shuttle the nutrients throughout the body at a better pace.

The reason I did not give it a 10 out of 10 is because it has 150mg of caffeine. And although that's not a lot, it still there. Which meant I could not drink it at night or other times in fear of consuming caffeine at the times I did not want to.

However, the reason it also got a strong 8/10 is because when thrown into the PWO like MuscleFeast Raw it gave just the right amount of caffeine altogether to make a difference.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Dosing: 10/10 - The dosing is very straight forward. Take one serving with 24oz of water and drink throughout the workout. I did not need that much water. 12oz was enough for me to dissolve it completely and still enjoy it.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Taste: 7/10 - The blue bomb taste was a bit too tarty for me but at the same time it was still very enjoyable. If I was to make changes to the product, I would probably make it a little bit lighter, I find that it would make it more enjoyable.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Effectiveness: 8/10 - Great product on its own, but even better when combined with the MuscleFeast Raw. So as a stand alone product it did help me in a few areas. The first place I noticed a big increase was the hydration aspect from the Taurine. Esp when stacked with Raw, my body was not allowed to go into that sweat your balls off my internal temperature is kicking my body into overdrive. As I drank more water, I felt more of it become circulated within my CNS and I felt a lot more hydrated, having to take less water breaks and being able to focus more on my workout, then trying to keep cool or hydrated.

The second thing I noticed was the recovery post workout was pretty fantastic. The next day I still had DOMS, but who really doesnt. However day 2-3 the DOMS were severely less and I was able to push through the workout at a better stronger pace. The mix of the BCAA, Acetyl Carnitine and Tyrosine helped kick the recovery into a new frontier (star trek ref for the occasion).

During my workouts I felt the good healthy feeling of well being as well as being a bit more alert. My focus was slightly increased, but only when I stacked it with PRE raw of MF. The well being Aura def made the workouts more enjoyable. Any extra surge is def a positive aspect in my books, because its going to take your workout to a whole new level.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Side Effects: 5/10 - Sometimes I had the runs in the bathroom, but I think when stacked it was just too much caffeine for me to handle at times. Otherwise no other side effects.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Value: 6/10 - $20 for about 20 servings. Its a bit steep. $20 for 30 servings I would give a 9, but at a $1 a serving, I think its a bit pricey.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Overall: 7.8/10 - Overall its a solid Amino. I probably would have loved it more without the caffeine because then I would be able to take it at night and see if that helped in anyway with my recovery.

Overall
    Overall
    6.8
    6.6
      September 2, 2016

• Under-dosed

What's up SR! Another review here. I want to thank Muscle Feast and the TROOP program for giving me this opportunity to try this product. A little background, I work manual jobs and I train primarily for strength in the big three so I can compete in powerlifting. I am still somewhat new to the BCAA game. I have tried a handful of products but do I consider myself an expert? No. I will say though that I have had great experiences with intra workout drinks. I'll go into detail as to why I feel this was somewhat mediocre.

The ingredient profile is a bit short I feel. To be honest if I am going to buy a bcaa product I would like to see an array of different ones or at least properly dosed few. I feel the caffeine is the only thing that makes this product unique and somewhat effective. The leucine is the only thing I feel that is somewhat desirable in terms of amount. All together there's around there's less than 7 grams of bcaa's at low doses. Overall I'm not too impressed by this.

Okay so three scoops is the serving size. There wasn't much mixability issues at all.On my workout days I would sip on this during my workout whenever I had one serving of a very low caffeinated pre workout. On my off days I would take a 200 mg caffeine pill and than proceed to sip on this while I was at work. The flavor was alright nothing to rave about and nothing to complain about.

The effectiveness of this product was mediocre at best. Did I notice less reduced DOMs? Not really. Did I notice a boost of energy? Yes somewhat. Now with the slight boost of energy it gave the effect I have felt with other intra workout products. It wasn't the same feeling though. I could tell I was feeling more of the caffeine than the actual bcaa's. I feel the caffeine overshadowed whatever positive effects I would gain from the other ingredients. When I used it on my off days it was a decent drink that again kept me going. Did I feel less sore during the day than if I wouldn't? Yes, mildly. Does it rank towards the top of the products I have tried? No it definitely doesn't.

The value on this is $20 for around 24 servings. If anything it would be good as a slight pick me up not geared towards recovery.

Side Effects

No side effects are always a plus.

Conclusion

My conclusion is this. I feel this is a good drink if you are trying to ween off of caffeine. I feel my money is best spent elsewhere if I want an actual decently dose intra workout though. POPS OUT
    • Blue Bomb: 6/10

3.0
      August 29, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Well
    • Too Much Math
    What up folks!! Thanks for taking the time to read this review on Amino Boost by Muscle Feast. This is my first Muscle Feast product that I can remember taking and it might just be my last as well. I used this product during a short cut period for summer. I wanted it because I was looking to see what kind of boost it might give me during my workouts since I would be a little light on carbs.

It's an amino drink... It contains BCAA's at a 4:1:1 ratio. At first glance I noticed that Isoleucine is overdosed. I tried finding some information on Valine and there just isn't that much research out there on Valine. Everything else falls way off the effective dosing from what I can see except the caffeine. 150mg's of caffeine isn't bad for giving a little boost if you don't take a preworkout beforehand.

Taste: I was happy to taste another great tasting amino drink. Blue bomb does taste pretty good

Mixability: Easy mixing has become the norm in my amino drinks as well so no complaints here either.

Dosing: 3 scoops in 24oz of water is what the label suggests. I used 3 scoops in 20oz of water so it tasted a little better to me.

Was it effective? That is the million dollar question. I don't believe I recovered any quicker, or had any more energy in my workouts than I would have without taking it. In fact in the 1.5 weeks since finishing this product I haven't noticed any more soreness or less energy during my workouts than I did when I was taking it. I'm going to have to say that this was because of how under dosed this product is in certain areas. If I took enough to get effective doses of each ingredient I would consume WAY more caffeine than a normal person should.

$19.99 for 23.8 servings. For that I'm giving the value an F. This might be my first F ever given to the value of a product but I can't see any reason any person would want to spend as little as $20 on a product that is under dosed in most ways and overdosed in one area. To me it seems like you would end up throwing your money away and I just can't see any reason for that.

Side Effects

There wasn't any side effects for me while taking this product.

Conclusion

Finally, would I recommend this product to just anyone? No. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Not until they come up with the amount of their ingredients. It just doesn't seem worth it when there are so many more Amino drinks out there that can give you adequate amount of aminos for the same price or better. Muscle Feast..... please step your game up on the Amino drink. Might I recommend taking out the caffeine and getting the rest of the ingredients to an adequate dosage? Thank you for letting me try the product. I was hoping for a better result but it is what it is. As always, BIG THANK YOU to SR.com for the TROOP program.
    • Blue Bomb: 10/10

3.0
      August 14, 2016

• Underperformed
    Shout out and thanks to the Muscle Feast reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: C
    Under-dosed as damn near every turn.
    The ingredient profile is simple, and under other circumstance quite effective. You got your BCAAs present, and dosed close to efficacy for the most part. L-Leucine falls short, but not by that much, L-Isoleucine is dosed well above efficacy (according to Examine.com), and there's little to no research for L-Valine. After that, there is nothing but disappointment unfortunately. All but caffeine falls well short of efficacy, and at times woefully short (L-Citrulline for example). Most of the ingredients require at least double what is present to be considered effective, but the 150mg of caffeine per serving makes taking multiple servings at once ridiculous.
    On top of all that, there seems to be a handful of artificial dyes present. It's just not necessary to have a "blue flavor" look blue. I'm not a child, despite how I act sometimes.

TASTE: C
    I received the "Blue Bomb" flavor, which I'm going to assume is a blueberry flavor. It didn't taste much like blueberry, but it didn't taste bad. That's a "pass" in my book, though not a convincing one.

MIXING: A
    Despite the crap above, the lone highlight so far is the ease in which Amino Boost mixed up.

EFFECTIVENESS: C
    At the end of the day, 150mg of caffeine will provide some sort of boost. So there's that, and not much else.
    The only saving grace, if you will, is the lack of label claims. Amino Boost literally makes no claims as to what it's supposed to do. The Muscle Feast site might provide a different story, but as far as the container before my eyes go Amino Boost doesn't claim to do anything (beyond the name). To which, as stated, it does provide a boost. However, there was opportunity for so much more.

VALUE: F
    Amino Boost runs around $20 for a 250 gram tub, which contains roughly 23.8 servings. That's great, but I still wouldn't pay for it. To get the effective does of all the good ingredients, I would ingest an absurd amount of caffeine that would surely have a negative impact.

OVERALL: F
    Up until this point, I've had good experiences with Muscle Feast. Looking back, that may be due to the fact I had used bulk ingredients as opposed to their own formulations. Which, in turn kind of makes the woeful performance of Amino Boost even more disappointing. They have good ingredients on hand, and for the most part should know at what doses they work. Shouldn't they? In the end, while boost make me smile, this one does not. I would have been better off sucking on Rock Star energy drinks all day.
    • Blue Bomb: 7/10

August 7, 2016

• Under-dosed
    First off I want to thank Muscle Feast for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This was my first every Muscle Feast product I have tried. I have been hearing about this company for awhile now and heard they had a lot of really good products. When I saw this up for grabs I had to give it a try. Lately I have been really getting into aminos with caffeine in them and knew this was something I had to try. I have been looking into products like this a lot more lately since I am not a fan of coffee and like something that will give me that pick me up and a little extra recovery.

Ingredients:
    I really like everything they put in here. I think they put a lot of really good stuff in here but I feel a lot of the stuff they put in here is rather under dosed to be as effective as it should be. The way they have this broken down is a bit confusing and doing the math for it is kind of weird I think. Why not make it more simple instead of so confusing at how it breaks down. This has a 4:1:1 ratio which I am fine with. I also give them big props for not using any prop blends and list everything they put in this.

Value:
    The cheapest you can get this is $30 for 23.8 servings. I think the price for something like this is a bit high. If you were getting more servings like around 30 then it would not be so bad. Why they come up with 23.8 servings is just weird if you ask me. I would like to see them have at least 30 servings in this or at lower the price a little.

Taste:
    Right now they only have the one flavor Blue Bomb. I thought this tasted pretty good and enjoyed it a lot. Tastes a lot like a blue slushy. It may be a little bit on the sweet side but not to bad.

Mixing/Dosing:
    Had no issues with it mixing. Surprisingly it mixed very well considering bcaas are hydrophobic. The only reason I figured it mixed so well is because of the low amount of bcaa at 2.6g. Dosing for this I thought was rather strange. They say that one serving is 3 scoops. Why you need 3 scoops for one serving makes no sense to me. Instead of having to use three scoops I wish they would just use a bigger size scooper so you only need to use one scoop. Also what I thought was odd is that you get 23.8 servings. Where they come up with that total for the amount of servings you get I don't understand. I would like to see them at least round the number up to a whole number instead 23.8 like they did. I did 3 scoops each time I used this in the mornings before work. In the mornings before work is when I mainly used this.

Aminos with caffeine have become my coffee for in the mornings since I don't like coffee but want something to help give me that pick me up when I start work. This has 150mg of caffeine per servings. For someone like me who is more of a stim junkie this is not going to do a real lot for you. I am ok with that because later in the afternoon when I workout I would be consuming a lot more caffeine and don't want to be consuming a lot of extra caffeine besides with the amount I get with my pre-workout which is a high amount. At the 150mg I found this to be a bit weak for me. I did get some boost in energy but nothing like I would have liked. By no means is this going to make you feel all jittery. I would like to see the caffeine upped a bit in this. At times I felt like I could have done 2 servings for more of a kick but never did. I recently claimed their new product called 8 hour which is a stim product and would add that to this for more energy and that did seem to help some. This on its own I think is a bit weak. On days when I felt a lot more tired than normal this never really seemed to help me a whole lot to wake me up more. I did notice a slight improvement with my recovery but nothing that was real outstanding like I have noticed from a few other amino products I have tried. I think with the dosing of aminos being a bit low really hindered how well my recovery was. I think the dosing of aminos needs to be upped a bit to be a lot more effective. I did notice a lot in the mornings when I would start work this really made me start to sweat a lot. I mean it was an all right product but nothing that really wowed me. I think this is on par with a lot of the amino products I have tried. I think with a little more tweaking of the ingredients this could be a pretty good product.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
    From what I had been hearing about this company and how great they are I was a little disappointed with this product and how it worked for me. I am not saying it was a totally bad product but just did not do a real lot for me. I am sure their other products are good but not everything works well for everyone. I think this product has a lot of promise to it if they could just tweak the ingredient profile a bit. If you are able to get a good deal on this I would give it a try. I just can't see myself getting this again unless they change up the ingredient profile a bit. Also I would like to see them either up the number of servings in this to at least 30 or lower the price a little. Even though my high expectations of this being my first ever Muscle Feast product I tried and not going as well as I would have liked won't stop me in any way of wanting to try some of their other products also. Again I want to give a big shout out to Muscle Feast for letting us have the chance to give this product a try.
    • Blue Bomb: 9/10

Overall
    Overall
    5.5
      August 2, 2016

• Over-priced

I'm all about intra-workouts / amino acids. They're one of my favorite products to supplement and, ever since I've transitioned to fasted workouts, one of the most essential. I also regularly add BCAAs to water and sip throughout the day for both a mid-day boost and extra flavor. All things considered, I was excited to try Muscle Feast's Amino Boost. This is the first of their products I'd had the pleasure to test.

Boost contains 2.6 grams of essential BCAAs per serving at a 4:1:1 ratio. Also included are non-essential amino acids, caffeine, and acetyl-l-carnitine. Overall the profile is solid and well-rounded, and I appreciate the fact Muscle Feast is dedicated to transparent ingredient labels and doesn't mess around with prop blends.

While I like the profile, I have to protest the dosing. Only 2.6gs of essential BCAAs is really light compared to similar products. Xtend nets you 7 grams. Amino 1 (MusclePharm) and Alpha Amino (Cellucor) - 5 grams each. Most of the other supplements I looked at dosed at least 4 grams of essential BCAAs per serving and, from my research, the optimal effective dose of core BCAAs is 5-10 grams. Unless I'm missing research that suggests otherwise, you simply can't rely on Amino Boost as your sole BCAA supplement (unless you take two servings at once).

On the flip side, the dosing of Boost's "extras" is quite nice. The dosing of L-Taurine, ALCAR, and L-Tyrosine is well above the minimum effective level and on par with, or slightly better than, competitor products.

Boost comes in one flavor - Blue Bomb. It tastes, as others have mentioned, like a blue slushy or something out of a machine at 7/11. The flavor grew on me over time. At first I found it too sweet, but upping the amount of water per serving made a big difference. I liked the berry-ness (sorry that sounds stupid) of the flavor.

Not sure if it's the fact there's only 2.6 grams of actual BCAAs, but Boost mixes like no other intra-workout I've ever tried. It literally dissolves instantaneously. Considering BCAAs are hydrophobic, I've no idea how Muscle Feast managed to accomplish this. I was impressed.

Amino Boost was on par with most intras that I've tried. It gives a small boost to endurance and stamina when sipped throughout a workout. I doubt the added caffeine is ideal for everyone, but I particularly liked that additive as it helped me get through tough sessions. Will it replace your preworkout entirely? Highly unlikely, but it can serve as a nice compliment. I also liked sipping Boost throughout the day. This is not the ideal way to dose amino acids, but it helped me keep up high water intake and again the caffeine was a nice additive.

I've had a nice few weeks in terms of fat loss and recomping but I'm struggling with giving credit to Amino Boost. My recovery has been solid and I've been able to maintain lifts while running at a caloric deficit and working out fasted, however I'm also running a post-workout supplement that's netting me an additional 5g of essential amino acids. Overall, I didn't notice a significant difference between Amino Boost and other intra-workouts. I'm curious to know whether an elite athlete or hardcore lifter would notice a difference in the BCAA content.

Again, I have to jump on the complain-train. Boost will run you $30 for 24 scoops - $1.25 per serving. It's not widely available meaning you're not cashing in on BOGOs or coupon codes. Put bluntly, this was THE most expensive BCAA-blend supplement I came across. I looked at 10 similar products on M&S and every single one was less expensive some significantly so. Most of these other products have a comparable profile, more grams of essential BCAAs per serving, and were loaded with "bonus" ingredients.

Comparisons: Cellucor's Alpha Amino - .80c/serving, BPI's Best Aminos - $1.03/serving, Big Ron's Amino-Tone - .77c/serving, and ON's Amino Energy - .58c/serving.

I've read a few other reviews that state Muscle Feast regularly runs good deals on their own website. Hitting one of those deals would impact my value rating, but the same could be said of the competitor products listed above. Thus I've rated value on the sticker price of the product and how it compares to the sticker price of competitors.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have to be missing something. Under-dosed essential BCAAs at an extremely high price point? This doesn't make sense to me. From what I've seen on SR and heard from other members, Muscle Feast has been active on the site and is generally viewed in a positive light. And I'm not saying Amino Boost should be avoided at all costs - overall it was a decent intra-workout - but I simply can't see a situation where I'd buy this product considering all the other cheaper, heavier dosed competitor blends currently on the market.
    • Blue Bomb: 8/10

July 24, 2016

• Too Much Math

I am Gilla. I review things.

Now let's just cut to the chase. In order to properly utilize this product, you need a calculator or a paper and pencil and some solid Grade 11 math skills.

First, 3 scoops per serving?! What's up with that? Why not just 1 big scooper?!

Next, 23.8 servings?! When you've had your fill of 23 "full" servings, are you supposed to use 20% less water on the last one?! What if I use the same amount of water? Am I only gonna get 80% of the flavor?! Or am I supposed to like take the total grammage of the product, 250 and divide it myself to make sure I have the same amount of "even" servings throughout the container...say 20 servings of 3.25 scoops or maybe 30 servings of 2.5 scoops? I don't even know, my head hurts here...

Lastly, let's look at the ingredients themselves...

150 mg per serving...alright, so that's 50 mg a scoop...got it.
    1065mg of carnitine/taurine...whoa, 355mg per scoop...alright, that's not too tough...
    1776 mg of Leucine and 444 mg of Valine and Isoleucine...that's 592mg and 148 respectively...for a total of 2.64 grams of BCAAs. What is the significance of this number? Is there some sort of subliminal Nintendo reference in there with the .64 that I just didn't get the memo about? Or were they like, hey 5G is the industry standard, so if you take 2 servings...which is actually 6 scoops...you are gonna get an extra .28G of BCAAs compared to competitors?

Dear Muscle Feast, we are meatheads, we don't like math.

Now for the meathead portion of this section. I like BCAAs and I like caffeine, this product has both. So I double like this stuff. There's more stuff, like Citrulline, Tyrosine, Carnitine and Taurine for a collection of BCAAs, caffeine and stuff.

It only comes in Blue Bomb and this blue was bomb. It tasted like a melted ICEE slushie. A fun and refreshing delight when you are working up a sweat to just imagine the blue raspberry ICEE goodness. A little on the sweet side, but it still brings back yummy memories.

Mixed just fine and I dosed it with 3 Stephen Hawking-level precise quadratic scoops.

This is quite an interesting product, in a growinly popular area of Intras/Aminos with an energy element. For stimheads, like us meatmonkeys, 150mg isn't going to get the needle working in terms of a "pre" workout, but when it is going to do, is get us going enough if we need a "kick". I used this product in a couple ways...as my "caffeine" supplement at work on off days, twice a day and on days where I hit the gym twice a day, as an intra, for a boost.

As a standalone supplement, this product does it's job. I need that boost to get my ass in gear to start the day at work and another jolt to pull through the home stretch as I mindlessly stare at Excel spreadsheets all day. The cohesion of the Tyrosine and Caffeine does very well in terms of delivery and sustainability.

As an intra, this product shines. When I'm doing my second lifting session of the day, which is my lighter of the two, I do need something to get me into gear. Sipping this product gives me the boost after each set to keep going. By sipping it, I'm getting the slow steady IV-like caffeine drip I need.Worked every time.

As a "recovery" drink, I found little to no reduction in soreness or increase in intra-set stamina.

The weird part about this product is the "goodies"...

1.6G of Citrulline is underdosed for pumps...and that was clear. The tyrosine count at 1.6G seems a bit high. I think 1G is usually pretty standard. Then there's the taurine and Carnitine which have positive benefits for both fat loss and muscle development. It's an interesting grab bag that doesn't do one thing particularly well.

At $30 for "23.8" servings, you are talking over a buck and a quarter( F#$^ more math...) per serving. For an "intra" this is a tad high, given the BCAA contents. As an "energy" supplement, it's more expensive than a cup of coffee, but cheaper than an energy... you be the judge.

Side Effects

You'll feel a little bit like you are back in school. I don't wanna feel like that.

Conclusion

This product is actually a decent supplement in terms of "energy" and a compliment to a solid routine or alright for day-to-day use. I think it needs a bit of a kick in the pants if it wants to compete as a BCAA or an Intra however, but it's a flexible supplement you can utilize in a variety of ways if you have some sort of master macro scheme with numbers you want to add to your workout split.

July 24, 2016

• Underperformed

Ive seen Musclefeast products advertised all over the site and most of the reviews were highly thought of. I claimed this and the preworkout Pumped Raw to see if the performance lived up to the hype.

You have 8 ingredients here a 4:1:1 BCCA blend, 150mg of caffeine, 1.6 grams of Tyrosine and Citrulline, and a little over a gram of taurine and Acteyl Carnitine. The ingredients look under dosed, but this isn't meant to be a preworkout powerhouse but more of a pick me up/ cup of coffee type of drink. With that goal in mind the amount of caffeine is a good amount for me, but with my amino products id like to have a stim-free option. but once again that would take the Boost part out of amino boost so all in all I think the profile looks good for what its meant to do.

This only comes in one flavor, a Blue Bomb which was neither here nor there for me. It was average tasting I could sip on it without any issues, but it wasn't something I looked forward to. The taste to me seemed like a strange blueberry with a hint of something else I just cant put my finger on. This was one of the best mixing supplements I have used in quite awhile. I would put this in a water bottle on most days with no wisk ball or screen and it still mixed without any issues. As for dosing 3 scoops when needed, why not go with a little bigger tub or scoop to make it 1 or even 2 scoops for a full serving?

I claimed this product to try out a muscle feast product and to have something to replace my morning coffee as it was getting a little stagnant and becoming a little heavy on the sugar intake. Im a very stim tolerant person so 150mgs of caffeine isn't going to put me into a jittery highly alert state of mind, but with this product I couldn't really notice much of a pick me up at all. I even added an extra scoop on a couple of occasions and still not much of anything to note. There was no crash rom this, but there was never really an upside to the energy either. I found myself getting tired around the same time i normally would and there was no kind of pick me up in energy for even the shortest amount of time. The added BCAAs are a little low on the dosing end but I did notice a slight improvement on recovery, but I have been off of any kind of BCAA supp for a while. Muscle Feast claims that this is the best Amino drink out there period and that there is a reason for all the slightly weird amounts of ingredients, but for me it just didn't blow me away.

MuscleFeast has this on their website for 29.99 for 23.8 servings we will call it 24. For somebody that Is looking for a lower stimmed preworkout or someone that doesn't handle stims real well I think this could be a good deal. LIke I said earlier I have never used anything from muscle feast, but I see they run high % off sales quite regularly and they also have some kind of VIP club for even more off. With the ingredients in this if the price comes down much more I think the value is there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

After reading up on the high reputation that Muscle Feast seems to carry around I was very excited to try a couple of their products and after finishing this one and almost completing another I guess im going to be among the few that this company didn't hit the mark for. Thanks to Muscle Feast for sending these out to the TROOPers
    • Blue Bomb: 7/10

July 23, 2016

• 3 Scoops Per Serving

I want to thank Muscle Feast for their participation in the SR Troop Program. Since I've been here they have been a part of the program and they have a real solid line of products - probably the reason they are in the Top 5 of all brands. This was a different product for me, I used this more of a replacement for pre-workout/intra instead of using heavy stims. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week focusing on hypertrophy and strength while on a strict diet.

Claim:
    Hands down the best amino drink period! Why settle for an amino drink with a few BCAAs and a bunch of taurine while you workout.

This is a very simple ingredient listing that is fully disclosed. Although some of the ingredients aren't fully dosed, this isn't supposed to take place of a traditional pre-workout supplement. It's more of a Amino product with some energy boost hence the name "Amino Boost". The BCAA ratio is at 4:1:1 with 1776mg of Leucine, 444mg Isoleucine, 444mg Valine totaling 2.664G. There are 5 more ingredients that are more focused toward the Boost aspect with 150mg of Caffeine and 1065mg of Taurine.

Taste - I received the Blue Bomb flavor and must say its one of the best tasting supplements I've had in a long time. This pretty much tasted like a blue popsicle - overall I give the flavor a 9/10

Mixability - Overall there were no issues regarding mixability, no clumping or settlement at anytime. As with most BCAA products there was a bit of foam but nothing to crazy. Mixability gets a 9/10

Dosing - Each serving is 10.5 Grams with 3 level scoops - a total of 23.8 servings per container. I took 2 servings a day, one serving before training and another serving at mid afternoon. I wish you only had to use 1 scoop but I understand since the tub is fairly small. I give dosing a 7.5/10

Now I used this as a pre-workout as I'm slowly but surely trying to cut off from high stims. Overall I'd say this did the trick for me as it got me through my workouts. Since I was using two servings a day, I noticed a good increase in focus and energy doing regular day-to-day things. There was a good feeling of recovery but nothing earth shattering. This is like a super utility player in baseball - Can be used as a pre-workout, substitute for coffee, mid-day energy fix, can drink it at one time or sip on it all day.

Now you may look at the price on the Muscle Feast website and see it listed at $29.99 for 23 scoops. This may seem like a lot of money, but one of the good things about Muscle Feast is that they usually have good promo discounts. I've seen this as low as $12 during the promo pricing - I should've stocked up when I had the chance.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is another solid product from a solid company in Muscle Feast. In regards to the claim of being the best amino drink period, while it's up there to me, this is more of a super-utility amino drink. A supplement that caffeinates and helps you recover - YES PLEASE!!!
    • Blue Bomb: 9/10