TRUTH Reviews

By: Muscle Elements

Protein > Blended Protein
TRUTH is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Muscle Elements. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

2.0
  June 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Protein Sources
  • Taste Horrible
  • Makes You Have The Hershey Squirts
This was one of the worst tasting supplements I have ever tried, with that being said the profile is great and I love the source of protein they use. Also, I like the fact that everything is from a natural source and they list the exact percentages of protein in the product. One other main thing I would like to point out is I like that they use 4 different types of protein. As for the review of my personal experience, this was not good.

Effectiveness: 2

Really would have been more effective had I been able to drink it lol. I tried many different methods to take this and all of them fell short. Most of the time ,if I was able to choke it down, it would upset my stomach. Maybe I got a bad batch, as if you look at other reviews of this online they will all be stellar, for me I was not one of those reviewers. Now most people dont care about the taste of a supplement and normally I would be right there with you however when it comes to something that you take every day I would want it to taste good enough to be able to drink. My thinking is that because of the inclusion of the probiotic and it being a naturally sweetened protein this could have been the main factor in making me sick. So sorry to say but this was not effective, due to the constant upset stomach and bathroom trips. I may have to try out the chocolate flavor because I have seen great reviews on that flavor, as for vanilla stay away!!

Taste: 1

Bad taste and upset stomach do not go well together.

Price: 5

Pretty pricey, at most sites I have found this to run in the $40-$45 for the 24 serving bag. Now when you factor in the good protein sources you are getting I can see why they would price it at that. However, with bigger companies like Optimum and MTS you can get a 5lb tub for much cheaper and still get a good quality protein.

Overall: 5

Really tough to rate something that on paper looks to be a great product and something that would work really well, but once you get to try it, it just doesnt live up to the hype. Like I said before I will try out the chocolate to see if I have the same issue. Also, I would like to say I have used Muscle Elements pre workout and had great results with that and no stomach issues. So I probably am 1 case out of very few where this will happen. In conclusion, I won't be drinking any vanilla protein for a long time.

Overall
Overall
9.3
9.2
  May 21, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Great
  • Light On Stomach. Blend
  • Fair But Not Great Price
Good afternoon SR, up for review today is Muscle Elements T.R.U.T.H. Truth is a protein offering from Muscle Elements with a very unique name. It is attempting to be transparent in the label to ensure no fillers, no artificials, and limited extras.

Thanks for the reps for participating in the Expert Reviewer Program.

Ingredients 9.5: This is one of the best protein profiles for any protein on the market. First it is rBGH free on each protein level. Next, it is a great blend that has concentrate, two versions of isolate, and micellar casein. They also list each of the protein blends content, which is great. It is sweetened with stevia. It has some sunflower oil to up the fat content. One of the best proteins from a label perspective.

Next the scoop size is 44G, with 24G being protein and you have 4G of fat and 9G carbs. This is a bit higher in scoop size than other proteins, but given this is blend you would expect it to have more fat and more carbs.

Dosing: One scoop will deliver the serving of ingredients. 24 total servings.

Effectiveness 9.25: It is so tough to gauge the effectiveness of protein, as it is staple in everyone’s diet. I typically judge ingredient profile, amino content and digestion experience to provide a rating. The ingredient profile is great, the amino profile is equally effective and lastly I experienced no increased digestion issues that other top tier proteins. A solid product.

Taste 9: Chocolate bar was the flavor and it tasted great. I was worried with the stevia and natural flavors, but is performed great.

Value 8.5: At 42 dollars per tub for 24 servings it is priced higher than some proteins but you have to consider the rBGH which commands a significantly higher price point than others. So when examining the rBGH free components, the price point is more than fair.

Conclusion 9.25: This is protein, you will not make major gains with this product. However it is one of the best blended proteins on the market with full label transparency. Additionally, if rBGH free is important to you, then you have that as well. This gets the bladeski seal of approval.

March 21, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Great
  • Light On Stomach. Blend
  • Price Needs To Come Down A Touch.
Well A huge thanks to the people at Muscle Elements again. I was lucky enough to grab some of this tasty protein blend.

Profile
24 Servings Chocolate Bar
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (44g)
Servings Per Container: 24
Calcium 200 mg 20%
Iron 1.44 mg 8%
Phosphorus 180 mg 18%
Magnesium 28 mg 7%
‡ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients:
rBGH Free Whey Protein Concentrate, rBGH Free Whey Protein Isolate, rBGH Free Milk Protein Isolate, rBGH Free Micellar Casein, Sunflower Oil powder blend (High Oleic-Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Sodium Caseinate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Tocopherols), Cocoa Powder with Alkali, Xylitol, Erythritol, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Stevia Rebaudiana, and Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086 (34mg).

Now some may not know what "rBGH free" means. Some U.S. dairy farms inject the genetically engineered hormone rBGH, also called rBST, into their cows to boost milk production. So to be blunt it means that this Protein has came from cows that HAVE NOT had the extra hormones.

Also with the added benefit of GanedenBC30®, a probiotic that not only supports digestion and immune health but also increases absorption of 23 important amino acids** including Leucine which is critical to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. That makes this a truly great profile I feel.

Taste. 8.7
I had the chocolate bar and the initial taste was a bit weird but it grew on me. The after taste was really good. It reminded me of fresh chocolate cake batter.

Effectiveness 8.5
I liked the way this one felt on my stomach. I never had gas issues, bloated feeling or stomach discomfort so for all that It gets a plus in my book. Now as far as recovery. I can not say that it helps leaps and bounds but I did seem to recovery well from workout to workout, But nothing really stood out to me. I can not knock it down though as this one something I enjoyed taking daily. I feel this was a clean protein to take as well. It always felt very light on my stomach also. One of my choice ways of taking was with about 10 oz of cold coffee and throw a scoop of this in it and slam it.

Mixing. 10
Seriously I did not even need a whisk in a blender bottle . This is something I notice that happens with products that are cleaner. Meaning low on the dyes, artificial flavors and so on. I have no idea if that has something to do with it but something I have noticed.

Value 7
Here is where it kinda gets hurt. 24 servings for around 45 bucks is the cheapest I have found it. At this price it comes out to 1.87 a serving. Now I understand this does have some higher grade proteins in it , and I will expect over time for the price to drop a touch. But I do feel this is a bit higher than I will want to spring for.

Overall
I did like this one and feel this is a great Protein blend. I love how easy it mixed, how light it was on my stomach. I did have some good recovery while on this, but nothing seemed to really jump out at me on this. I have enjoyed using the other products from Muscle Elements as well. So far so good as far as I am concerned for this company.