Amino PM Reviews

By: Muscle Elements

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
Amino PM is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Muscle Elements. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall
8.9
  October 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • No Tolerance Buildup
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Power Down Effect
  • Sleep Like A Baby
  • Stifftight Joints

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
This is my first official review but I have been following the reviews of others online for advice and taking various sleep products for a few years now but have been disappointed with a few in the past. I am a 33 year old father of two who teaches primary students, and works out at 5am, thus a good night sleep and recovery is essential to keep me going.

At the moment, I am nearing the end of a long cut, therefore, the ingredients found in any supplement that I am taking are very important for me. Being on a cut, the fact that there are 0 carbs is very important for me.
The clinical doses of glutamine and leucine are very appreciated, especially during bouts of intense work, paired with low calorie intake. If is also nice to have a variety of EAAs in the mixe as opposed to the standard BCAAs found in most recovery products. I find that everything from the GH Support to the Mind and Mood and the Adrenal reset blends all relatively subjective in terms of delivering in performance. That being said however, the Power Down blend with the Tryptophan and the melatonin is where this product really shines.

The flavor that I tried was pineapple mango. For me, it falls somewhere right above average for what I am used to in a night time powder. It is definitely better than Ressurect PM (grape) by alon shot, and pretty much on par with Iron Dream (fruit punch). The taste is definitely fruity, with a cool/icy aftertaste. I don't think that I would be able to say that it tastes like either pineapple or mango if it wasn't written on the jar however. It does mix like you would expect. Pretty easily. No clumps or chunks. Very rare grittyness left at other bottom. I have always been a "swirl before taking a drink" kind of person though.
As far as dosing goes, I was pretty consistently using the full two scoops. And for me, that was the sweet spot. The one thing I noticed though is that at the two scoop serving, even using a scale to measure the weight, the tube did not last for 20 servings. I would say that it was more like 16-18 servings. I'm not exactly sure why that it. Maybe the weight listed for each scoop was actually more than what the scoop held. I never really compared that part.

In terms of effectiveness, this product is hands down the most effective night time recovery/sleep product that I have taken, including the two mentioned above. At the full dosage, I would need to be getting ready for bed as soon as I drank it. Wishing the next 10-15 minutes, the lights would always start to go out. Once in bed, I would be sleeping almost instantly and up and ready to go I the morning at 5am without that nasty groggy feeling that some other products leave you with. I saw in an another review somewhere that if you were not ready and did not go to bed right away, that you would have missed the opportunity. I can only say that once, I wasn't ready, and it is true that 30 minutes later when getting to bed, the product did not knock me out. The awake morning feeling was still consistent however.

At $36 dollars, where I bought it, I can't say that it is a very good deal, but at the same time, I would have not problem being it again because it is one of the only products that truly works for me. I guess you would have to decide for yourself how much your sleep is worth.

Side Effects

The only real side effect I noticed what that after taking the product and getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I would notice that my joints felt pretty "dry". They didn't hurt, but I could tell that they felt tight. Almost as though they needed lubrication (if that make sense). This was pretty consistent throughout the usage of the product. By morning time, though, it would be gone.

Conclusion

I think that overall, this is a great product for anyone looking to get a good night sleep, or simply trying to take advantage of the few hours at night to repair and take care of your hard earned muscle. I t is definitely one of, if not the best out there that I have tried.

April 26, 2016

• Would Sometimes Toss And Turn

PowerDown Amino PM was the first Muscle Elements product I have tried and I must applaud the company on their fully disclosed, transparent labeling. Right down to the sticker on the top of the container giving the user fair notice that "Vigorous shaking can cause excessive foaming" (which is true). This is clearly a company that has listened to supplement users feedback over the years and is looking to do right by the consumer. This trend is refreshing to see.

The ingredient profile of Amino PM is rock solid in my book. From a sleep perspective, melatonin is typically always effective for me, GABA is a favorite and tryptophan always seems to work well. Behind that there's BCAA's, EAA's and a plethora of ingredients you typically find in a Post/Recovery-type supplement which is something I constantly need as the years tick by. Check out all the ingredients to the left of the reviews for all that is included in Amino PM.

I had the opportunity to try the Goodnight Grape flavor of Amino PM. This is a powerful and sweet grape flavor. I did not find it offensive at all and thought it was easy to drink. I did not tire of it either.
I only used this in a shaker cup and found mixing to be reasonable. As the sticker on top warned, vigorous shaking would result in quite a bit of foam. There was a graininess while drinking but this never bothers me. I've always been a shake, swirl, drink, swirl, etc kinda guy. I would rinse out the cup with about 6oz of water and drink that down after I was done. There seemed to be some valuable ingredients left behind!
Dosing was interesting on this one. I tried multiple iterations from scoop up to 2 full scoops and just about everything in between. My bodyweight is approximately 177lbs so keep that in mind when we talk about effectiveness and how it relates to the dosing.
The container recommends:
1 scoop for Regular Sleep and Repair
2 scoops for Advanced Sleep and Repair

I had good days and bad days with Amino PM which kind of shocked me. I'll have to clarify what I mean by "good" and "bad" because my take may be different than what you're thinking. For a sleep aid, a "good" day is one where I take it, I get sleepy and I get a deep, full nights sleep without waking throughout the night. More often than not, this will come with the dreaded sleep hangover as well. With Amino PM I never once experienced a sleep hangover. This however, is where the "bad" comes in. I can't explain how alert and refreshed I felt upon waking when taking Amino PM. It was almost strange compared to other sleep products I've taken in the past. It was beyond just alert and more like wide awake! This was regardless of how much sleep I got. There seemed to be a meaningful window for me with respect to how long after I took this that I needed to be asleep. I found it fell at about 45mins to one hour after taking it that I should really ensure I was sleeping or prepared to be sleeping. If I missed the window, there may be some tossing and turning ahead. When I did allow myself to sleep, it was restful, for 6-8 hours, straight through and I awoke alert. If I didn't, I could find myself tossing and turning for a few hours.
Two nights in particular really stick out for me. The first, I had taken a single full scoop and didn't allow myself to really get to sleep within 45mins to an hour afterward. Reading, messing with the iPad, etc is always what will delay sleep for me. I finally put everything down and turned off the light and began to toss and turn. This was from approximately 11pm to 2am. Strangely, I felt like I had bouts of restful sleep in this time period but at 2am, I was up! I brought the iPad downstairs and watched Youtube videos for 2 hours before returning to bed at 4am. I ended up sleeping until 7:45am-ish and jumped awake like I slept all night. It was weird because I clearly didn't get a restful nights sleep but I was up and felt good. I did end up dragging a little by early evening the next day.
The second night could have been more of an anomaly because it was a travel day for me. This means up early, public transportation, flights, public transportation again, etc for 12-14hrs. The day before I traveled, I had a long day at work and took one scoop of Amino PM at about 8pm. I was up since about 5:30am that morning and needed to be up by 4am the next day. I figured I could sneak in a 6-7 hour stretch of sleep easily. Unfortunately, I remember seeing the clock hit 12:11am and think I fell asleep shortly thereafter. I awoke at 2am ready to go. Instead of fighting it, I got up, got my stuff together and was ready for a long day of traveling on somewhere just under 2 hours of sleep. Again, surprisingly, I did alright all day long. I can't sleep on planes and whenever I do actually "sleep" it's for no more than 5-10mins at a time. I did this three times on this flight but still felt decent by the time I landed. There was then an hour wait for a bus, two hour bus trip, 1.5 hour dinner and a hour ride home. Needless to say, this was a long day!
This is why I say I developed a love/hate relationship with this product. Going into it, I expected great, deep sleep. However, although I didn't always get that I did get an impressive alertness, with no hangover effect and ability to have a great day regardless of the hours of sleep I got. That was a first for me.
With all of that said, I do believe the 2 full scoop dose recommendation is proper and should be stuck with throughout. When taking 2 full scoops, I would typically (not always!) get a restful, full nights sleep without waking up until morning.

Amino PM can be found online from about $35 to $42. It's not the cheapest sleep aid out there but then again, other sleep aids aren't packed with all the additional ingredients that Amino PM has either. Keeping that in mind, I felt the pricing was reasonable for what you get. From less than $1 per serving to just over $2 per serving based on your needs. I personally would recommend the 2 scoop serving at no more than 5 days per week. Using Amino PM this way would get you a solid months worth of use.

Side Effects

The biggest side effect as noted above is the amazing alertness I felt upon waking - regardless of what time of night it was. Other sleep aids would typically have me stumbling to the bathroom in the dark with my head spinning.

----Conclusion---
Amino PM has a great profile and is worth trying if you need sleep aids like I do. Judging by the other reviews it seems that it could really just be me, my age, etc that has the odd effect of waking up fully alert in the middle of the night.
  • Goodnight Grape: 8/10

Overall
Overall
5.2
  April 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Decent Nights
  • Nice Ingredients
  • Awful Flavor

I'm Gilla. I've slept like garbage the last two years due to personal issues and stress. The opportunity to run a sleep aid, I jumped at the chance! Thanks to Muscle Elements for the chance to try.

On paper, this product looks awesome! A two scoop dose, which is advertised, you are getting 5 Grams two different types of leucine and 3 grams of glutamine, a double dose of acceptable levels of recovery. Also one gram of GABA (I LOVE GABA), 3G of melatonin and 1 G of tryptophan to make you go sleepy sleepy.

In addition there is a grab bag of goodies, like EAAs, L-Dopa, Carnitine, Arginine, Ornithine and an "adrenal support" matrix to hit all kinds of areas that makes you think this product is a jack of all trades and a master of some!

I have only ever had a problem with supplement's taste once before(BSN Evotest "Black Cherry". I tossed it after about 5 servings.) Products that many seem to hate, like the "Too Fit" stuff to me was alrighty, Muscletech's Lemon Lime Creacore was actually yummy...I received the "Pineapple Mango" of Amino PM. I hated it. I absolutely hated it. The very first time I tried it, I got through two scoops just fine enough, only gagging a few times. The second time I mixed this with water, I ended up almost puking after every sip, I ended up pouring a couple ounces down the drain..."No mas". Going forward, I mixed it with Kool-Aid. Yes, I mixed a flavored supplement, with Kool-Aid...to try and make it remotely tolerable. Cherry Limeade wouldn't do the trick and thats the nectar of the gods. Grape seemed to make it "I don't want to end it all" enough. I guess half the problem is, it's two flavors I don't enjoy. Pineapples are pretty decent as a fruit, but as an artificial flavor, I'm not usually a fan. Mango? Mango is an absolute "no" for me. Not the fruit, not the flavor. I hate it. I have a "peach mango tea" version of an Iforce product that I've had for a couple years, after having this "mango" product, I'll probably make a cobbler out of it and serve it to my coworkers. This product was just too sweet. It was too chemically. It was too...mango.

This product mixed just fine. Each stir produced one gag-inducing smooth sip.

Dosed two scoops as advertised.

Flavor isn't the only reason I give this product a "mehface".

Consistency was off with this product. The first time I took the product, I got my favorite feels...the GABA feels. The feeling my body is shutting down, my breath becoming hard to breathe for a few minutes while winding down, the feeling I could fall over as soon as I stand up...I love that about GABA! I got that with the first serving. I also slept soundly and woke up feeling fresh and refreshed!

The very next serving, two days later, I could not fall asleep at all. I mean, I was up for 2-3 hours after consuming and it was on a weekend, where I workout twice and for 3.5-4 hours...trust me, I should be tired. I could not fall asleep. I didn't get those lovely #GABAfeels. Eventually, I did get to sleep but I ended up waking up at my "usual" time, so I didn't gain anything from taking the product, in addition to the 2-3 hours I was awake. However, when waking up, I felt "normal", not too tired and not too awake, just fine. I took a PWO and got to the gym. In getting to the gym, I felt ZERO kick from the PWO. Quite the opposite actually, I felt VERY fatigued. My focus was pretty off. It took me about 45 minutes into my workout to shake that weird feeling.

I didn't have "as bad" of an experience again while running the product, but this product was definitely not a "sure fire" shot to make me go to sleep. I had decent nights, I had "meh" nights and I had that one awful night. The decent nights were nice however, it was nice to wake up refreshed and have my body just down and get into "recover" mode. It's a shame that it wasn't even remotely routine or predictable.

$42 for 40 servings seems to be the standard, so about a buck a scoop. Two-scoop servings are what is advertised, so that's what in my opinions is to be "recommended". As I think I said in a previous sleep aid review, my opinion on sleep products is, "if you need to pay a premium, that's okay, because sleep is critical". However, at $2 a serving, I didn't get guaranteed amazing sleep from this product each time. If you want to weigh on aggregate between the "good", "meh" and "horrible" experiences, I probably paid close to $3.50-4 per "decent night's sleep".

Side Effects

The one horrible experience as noted.

Conclusion

I went into this product wanting to love it...flavor aside. On the surface, it's got everything you could ever want in terms of being a sleep aid and recovery product. For me, it just didn't work out that way.

February 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Power Down Effect
  • Mental Rejuvenation
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Uninterrupted Sleep
  • Non-Habit Forming
  • No Tolerance Buildup
  • Marginal Muscle Recovery If Any
  • Shortness Of Breath From GABA

I was able to claim a container of Muscle Element's Amino PM through the TROOPs (thank you to SR and ME!). This was my first experience with Muscle Elements as well as a nighttime sleep formula.

When I first looked up the ingredients on Amino PM, I was pretty intrigued by how many there are in it. There's 1,500 mg per scoop of timed release L-Leucine, which I have not seen in other products. Leucine has been known to be the most important BCAA and at a full two scoops of Amino PM, you can get 5 g of it between the ActiveTR and normal L-Leucine. The other two remaining BCAAs are found in the EAA & Uptake Element category along with other amino acids and BioPerine. GH Support & REM Elements and Mind & Mood Recovery Elements are the third and fourth blends. The Adrenal Reset Elements was an interesting blend because many people ingest a lot of stimulants, especially caffeine daily, so this is a way to try and get your body back to normalcy. Finally, there's the PowerDown Elements that consist of L-Tryptophan and melatonin.

I really like the inclusion of GABA because I have supplemented that in the past with great results. I feel that my ability to fall asleep and my quality of sleep is much improved while taking this supplement. Although I have not had a product with the ingredient Phenibut, I like that ME was able to have a formula that did not include it. I have read a lot of mixed results with Phenibut and I have decided that I would like to stay away from it. It seems like it works great for some people, but many people claim that they have bad experiences with it and it could become addicting. I am pretty curious though, as to why ME did not include a ZMA blend. For the record, I have not had really any good or bad results from ZMA, but I know some people swear by it. I would think it would fit in nicely somewhere in this blend.

Taste/Dosing/Mixability

Taste: The label says it is Goodnight Grape, but all throughout the tub I thought it tasted and smelled more like bubblegum. I did not really enjoy the flavor at all. Like I said it did not remind me of a traditional grape flavor, I found it to be really sweet, and extremely artificial flavored.

Dosing: Directions called for "regular sleep and repair" mix one level scoop with 6-8 ounces of water. For "maximum sleep and repair" mix two level scoops with 8-10 ounces of water. Although it may not seem like a lot of water, I was weary about using the higher amount of water instructed by ME because if I had to end up having to pee in the middle of the night, this supplement would basically be useless since it would hinder my ability to sleep. Label also states to take on an empty stomach a half hour prior to going to bed. Allow for 6-8 hours of sleep after consuming and for best results, use a maximum of five nights per week. Kalans also made the observation that a level scoop as per the directions is not accurate to the label. I did not have a scale so I could not measure it out myself and was just about done with my container when he put his review up.

Mixability: I first attempted to mix one scoop of the Amino PM in six ounces of water like the label stated. I found that it did not mix well at all with a cup and a spoon and it would be really foamy with floaters and a lot left over at the end which made me drink additional water. I am not sure about how it mixed with a blender bottle because I was not trying to wash the bottle late at night. Eventually I just poured the powder in my mouth and took a swig of water so I would not have to deal with the poor mixability. Also took care of having to wash dishes that late at night. However, with that much powder, you have to basically hold your breath until you drink it so you do not choke lol.

Slight deduction of overall points here for Amino PM because of the bad taste and poor mixability.

ME makes a lot of claims with this product. Their claims are: Deep restful sleep, GH release support, promote anabolic state, support muscle repair and recovery, promote protein synthesis, support mental recovery, support adrenal reset & health, and lastly maintain nitrogen balance. I cannot really judge half of these claims with certainty (GH release support, promote anabolic state, promote protein synthesis, and maintain nitrogen balance), so I will just comment on the claims that I was able to identify.

Deep restful sleep: In my opinion, I think that this claim should hold the most weight of the bunch; after all, it is a sleep formula. I received this container over winter break at work. I thought that it was perfect timing because if I were to feel groggy in the morning, it would not be that big of a deal because I did not really have to wake up at a certain time. Being the lazy, impulsive person that I am without reading the directions fully, I originally used this at one scoop per night for my entire week long break. My first few nights I thought to myself that I have not slept that well in a long time. I was getting eight to nine hours of sleep per night and felt really refreshed in the mornings. Towards the end of my ten day break or whatever it was, I noticed that the quality of sleep I was receiving was not as good as it was. I then re-read the directions and there is where I saw the statement of use for a maximum of five nights per week for best results. No deduction of points here for ME on my inability to read.

I took the next two days off and just about for the remainder of the container, took one level scoop of Amino PM Monday-Thursday night and two level scoops on Friday nights. My off days coming on Saturday and Sunday nights. Mon-Thurs I was receiving probably an average of seven hours of sleep per night and do not recall ever waking up during the middle of the nights for any reason. I would feel myself get tired within 20-30 minutes of taking this and would honestly fall right asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. I would always wake up feeling really refreshed and never felt groggy. I never remembered any of my dreams, however. On Fridays when I would take two level scoops, I felt great on those Saturday mornings. Granted I was getting eight-nine hours of sleep, but they were some of the best nights I had in regards to sleeping in recent memory.

Support muscle repair and recovery: Unfortunately I found this claim to be the least effective for me. My muscles never felt any better in the morning and still had my usual DOMS. I really like the idea of a timed release Leucine, but I could not feel a difference here.

Support mental recovery: I felt like this claim was there for me, because of how refreshed I felt in the mornings. It was not only physically, it was also some good mental clarity in the mornings. I would not have to lie in bed for an extra five minutes or so to "wake up" I would be ready to get out of bed as soon as my alarm went off and immediately started getting everything ready for my morning routine.

Support adrenal reset & health: This one was a bit hard for me personally because I do not feel like I rely heavily on stimulants. I cycle off caffeine often and never try to go above 250 mg of caffeine a day. I have seen other people on here (not judging, just noting) take 300 mg+ in their pre-workout alone and sometimes even say that it was not enough. I do not feel like I am the best one to judge this claim from a stimulant standpoint, but I never really felt stressed out while taking this either.

Lockout Supplements has this for $35.99 plus any applicable shipping (although it appears the link from SR is not working). I think that this is a good deal. I was able to see nice results with only one scoop and if you are taking the two days off per week, this will last you about a month and a half with 40 servings.

Side Effects

When taking two level scoops, I noticed a minor difficulty breathing where it felt like my chest was compressed. Since I have used GABA in the past, I know that this could be a side effect from it. It was only when I used two level scoops and only lasted for about thirty seconds, but for someone new to GABA I could see it being worrisome for them.

Conclusion

Anytime that you have a chance to improve your quality of sleep, I would suggest doing so if you have some extra money for supplements. Not only does it help in the gym, but it helps with all other every day activities. Just do not expect to be blown away by the flavor of it.

As a side note to ME, I feel like your label could use a do-over. The lettering on the back is super small and tough to read. Also the front of the label looks really out-dated and looks like it could be a product from the 90s with the big block lettering and kind of tacky in my opinion. But all-in-all, this worked and thanks again for letting me try it and for fully disclosing the label.
  • Goodnight Grape: 3/10

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.2
  January 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • No Tolerance Buildup
  • Non-Habit Forming
  • Uninterrupted Sleep
  • No Sleep Hangover
  • Adrenal Reset Support
  • Marginal Muscle Recovery If Any
Supplement Facts + Introduction
Yet again I am here to review another sleep aid, which as previously stated "I love reviewing these sleep aids!". I will save you guys a lot of the general information and why I decided to claim this into my supplemental routine, but feel free to see my previous sleep aid review on these indications. Muscle Elements is a company that is straight to the point, and their products seem to have excellent ratings across the board! I believe there are many reasons for the good reviews, and one of the most important is because they design these products to what they need and what is missing in the market. Fully disclosed label!! On a SLEEP AID! Heaven forbid that a company hides harmful drug like ingredients like phenibut in a dangerous amount inside a proprietary blend, but with ME (Muscle Elements) not only do you get the disclosed dosages on ALL the ingredients you also don't have to worry about the phenibut!

ME describes the ingredients in full on their website in the link below, which they should and all other companies should. Of course it is possible to make broader claims by giving the details to these ingredients, but ultimately the consumer needs to be educated which I feel ME does quite well. As someone that relies on a nightly Melatonin, I have been reading about the effective dosage and apparently so has ME when they did their research giving you 1.5mg for 1 scoop and 3mg per 2 scoops. This product is designed to give you the option for lower dosage, which I feel is nice due to not always being able to dedicate the required amount of sleep yet needing some restful sleep. So kudos for the formulation and the great dosages, but sadly if you go 1 scoop you aren't necessarily getting all the efficient dosages needed/desired. Even at 2 scoops many of the ingredients are not quite fully dosed, but in more areas than not they provide enough of a dosage or more. There are many new elements designed in this product that no other sleep aid has: adrenal reset elements, EAA & Uptake, and mTOR which is newer and not fully available in many products but there are some out there.

Taste + Dosing + Mixability
Goodnight Grape? Well I wouldn't necessarily say it was the most tasty flavor, but man it did grow on me! I started desiring it, just the taste alone felt effective in placebo format just as "mom would give you cough syrup" it went down and I went out! If I didn't have a gram/mg scale I wouldn't have had much more than 26 servings, due to the scooper size I would do a flat scoop as per the directions for "a full serving" but that actually measured closer to 1.5 servings rather than 1.. On the scooper there is a line (from manufacturing), which was right at the 11.1g per scoop serving. So for the first 2 weeks I was taking 1.5 servings rather than 1, where I did run 2 servings once which was closer to 2.5-3 servings (not intentional, as it was meant to be 2 scoops). Mixability was very good, not too much sediment if you kept a swirl and drink routine. A slight foam, but washed down well with a few extra ounces of water. I liked doing 1 lined scoop and filling up the shaker to 16+ ounces, due to having to take some night pills.

Effectiveness 9.2
I will start off by saying that in my experience with other sleep aids, too much of a good thing led to grogginess in the mornings no matter how much sleep I had.. With AMINO PM, that was NEVER an issue! I tried this at 2 rounded scoops which I learned from weighing out the scoops later it was closer to 3 servings. Of course when I took that dosage I slept for near 12-13 hours, but was able to wake up with no grogginess which is much different than my previous experiences. Once I established a actual serving size I went down to 1 lined scoop, which equaled 1 serving and stayed there for the remainder of the container. For the greatest duration I was dosing it as 1 rounded scoop, which was fantastic but did not seem to change the actual effects any more. Ultimately this product was perfect for me in getting me to sleep, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested, and no dependency issues! In regards to the claims for Muscle Repair or GH release, those were never obvious or were very marginal in terms rated to Muscle Soreness etc. I felt this product was greatly effective in the many other claims, but not necessarily a winner when it came to the actual Amino aspect. I wouldn't go running to purchase any mTOR, because the effects did not seem very effective with this product. That being said I feel this product delivered in all the terms that I would normally expect from a sleep aid, which I feel was more effective than those of my previous experience. Sadly the score is slightly affected due to the claims for recovery, and that they weren't met for me. The Adrenal Reset Elements did seem to have some impact, which led to less stimulants needed to receive the full effects.

Value 9.0
You can find this product at an all time low for $34.54 with free shipping on Amazon with the subscription service, but you are able to cancel the subscription after the order ships (that is an extra 5% off!). Running this at 1 scoop which was effective for my nightly supplementation, it would cost you $0.86 a serving! Running it as 1.5 scoops would cost $1.33 per serving, and ultimately $1.73 for the 2 scoop servings. I feel compared to other sleep aids on this level it is a heck of a deal, but if you only need help with the falling asleep aspect I would suggest using a melatonin first as it is extremely cheaper and works very well (not everyone responds well to it, as in it won't work for everyone).

Conclusion 9.1
Guys and Gals, this sleep aid is on the top of my sleep aid supplements and I highly recommend it! I haven't experienced a more effective sleep aid to date, beyond what ME provides with Amino PM. I hope my experience with the mTOR was just left unnoticed, and it does indeed work well but for me it left me scratching my head wondering when it would kick in. Thank you Muscle Elements for providing this product for review, and your greatly formulated sleep + recovery aid!
  • Goodnight Grape: 8/10

January 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Power Down Effect
  • Sleep Like A Baby
    Muscle elements have shown to be good solid brand right out of the gate, and this one is no different. I was not really looking for a BCAA product but the added sleep aid turned me toward trying this. Great decision on my part.

Ingredients
    This has a rather large profile to it, due to it having several different aspects to it. Hopefully SR.com can get the label up soon here.
    But it has Multi-Stage mTOR & Recovery Elements, which is some time released L- leucine (as ActiveTR), some L-glutamine and more L- leucine.
    They also have some EAA which I really like seeing in products like this, also there is some Bioperine for absorption.
    Then the sweet stuff is the GH Support & REM Elements which consists of GABA ,L-Arginine HCL, and some L-Ornithine HCL.
    They have what they call power down elements, ( which is fitting and I will explain later ) L-Tryptophan, and some melatonin make this work great.
    Next is the Mind & Mood Recovery Elements and the Adrenal Reset Elements, and again adding in the Adrenal reset elements are great.
    I am not going to break them all down but to get the full doses of all these it will come to taking two scoops and that will only give you 20 servings per tub, I used this mostly at 1 scoop and it worked amazingly .

Effectiveness 9
    Absolutely I looked forward to taking this every night, but I played with it some, I started this on a weekend and at one scoop and I had a bit of a hangover the next day , but about 20 mins after taking you can really feel the POWER DOWN elements kicking in. It was nice and easy and really calming. I feel asleep probably some of the best while taking this. Now I did try 2 scoops a handful of times and to be honest the only way I can explain it would be to describe what it is like to be in a coma. I mean I was knocked the F out. To me it was a bit too strong for me at that dose, but on the weekend and aiming to sleep in a extra hour or two, that is the dose you want.
    But for the rest of the time one scoop was perfect. I never had a hanger after the first few days.
    As far as getting crazy dreams that never happened, just nice and relaxing sleep.
    As far as the BCAA goes, those are always hard to judge, for a normal BCAA I look for hydration and other aspects. I will say that I did seem to recover well on this, but we all know for recovery the best thing is a good solid sleep. And this really delivers on that for me.

Taste
    I had grape and it was a nice taste, No dyes so that is good too.

Mixing
    It does foam a bit but just let it sit for a min and it goes away fairly well. Mixed very easy too.

Well this runs around 40 bucks or so and at one scoop you are looking at around 1.05 a scoop, Not bad if you take it like I did for the most part.
    But you are some people that just have to have the full dose this is going to run double that. I have read on some other sites that suggest with this at the 2 scoop dose to skip a day or two in between doses. Not sure where that was but I remember reading it somewhere, maybe a rep can clarify that?

Overall
    To me this is a wonderful sleep aid, and maybe a good bcaa, but what really shined was the sleep I got from this. I really looked forward to taking this and having that power down hit me and fall asleep. Muscle elements to me this stuff rocks. Thank you for letting some of us give this a go.
    • Grape: 8/10