AmiNO Flow Reviews

By: Muscle Elements

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
AmiNO Flow is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Muscle Elements. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

March 27, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Added Nitric Oxide
  • Good Recovery
  • Great Pump
  • Mixes Well
  • Versatile
  • Ok Taste
  • Lost Luster Overtime.
Muscle elements has come straight out of the gates and hit several home runs with their products. This is another great product. You simply have to look at it for what it is. It is not just a simple BCAA product.

Profile

Di Magnesium Phosphate

Great profile I love a bcaa profile that has a hydration formula added, and this one also has added in a few goodies for those wanted pumps to look all swole at the gym.

Mixing and taste. 8 taste ( watermelon )
10 mixing.
Mixing was the bomb. Do not even need a whisk in the blender bottle. A few shakes and bam its done. Taste was good but I like something a bit different. Not sure what it really was with this one that I did not like, I never hated it or anything but drinking it Intra, I started to just want water on some days.

Effectiveness. 8.5
This was really awesome out of the gates. But toward the end it started to loose the luster for some reason. I used this entirely as a intra the whole time. So lets keep that in mind. One would think the first things I would notice with a intra would be the recovery between sets but no. The first thing I noticed was the freaking awesome pumps and veins popping I had. Also increased sweating. Now I did seem to get some recovery between sets and seemed to not be as thirsty from the hydration portions of this either. But the big thing was the pump enhancer this was. But like I mentioned toward the end of the tub this seemed to be less noticeable.

Value 8.5
Now for this to work well it will take 2 scoops so that bring the value down a touch, But if you only take this on workout days it will stay last a while.
I have found this for around 32- 35 bucks. And for a truly awesome Intra this is not a bad deal. You need to compare profiles here to see the value.

Overall 8.5
If this would have worked the entire way through the tub like it did at first It would have gotten huge numbers from me. Even at that this is a solid pick. The pumps was truly surprising addition to a BCAA product. Well done Muscle elements.

4.5
  March 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Well
  • Too Sweet
  • Underdosed

I have always been an amino freak. BCAA and blended amino products have been, and still are, in great abundance on my supplement shelf. So I am always motivated to try new ones. For that reason, I have become extremely conservative in how I review these products, especially given the recent trend to add more and more "flash" such as endurance or pump or focus ingredients into the formulas. At the end of the day the reason I buy an amino product is for, well, the aminos. Keep in mind that while things like electrolytes and such are valuable, they are also dirt cheap on their own. So if an intra or amino product wants to impress me, it needs to start with the actual aminos.

Others have done a fine job listing the exact ingredient profile so I will just make some observations/comments. The BCAA category is chock full of quality products these days so the challenge is to differentiate your product from the pack. Let's face it, the heart of these formulas are the bcaa's. Muscle Elements decided to use a novel 3:1:2 formula (leucine/isoleucine/valine). Since a 2:1:1 ratio has been proven to perform better than just leucine alone, I'm not sure what impact tinkering with the ratio gets us since we're still constrained to a 5g total dose, so that means even at a 3-1 ratio, the leucine still comes in under 3g. Based on performance, it was acceptable (or perhaps at the lower end of acceptable since I, like others, found 1.5 scoops worked best), but I do prefer just a straight 2:1:1. I also prefer more than just 5g total bcaa; it's not unheard of for me to throw 10-15g of bulk bcaas in my homemade intras.

Added to the bcaas are some standard pump aminos such as citulline, agmatine, histidine and ornithine. However, all are dosed lower than I normally prefer or can be found in competitive products. Agmatine for example, is at 250mg and I normally take 1g.

Also added into the mix were electrolyte ingredients which I do like in an intra.

Mixing was fine with little to no grit. I personally did not groove on the sweetness of the watermelon flavor. In it's defense, it was indeed amazing - almost like drinking a Jolly Rancher. But for me, that's just too sweet. As Brent mentioned in his review - perhaps dial back the flavoring a bit. I typically adjusted with more liquid, but all things said and done, taking 2 scoops with only 12oz of water would be a tough proposition. 1 scoop per 12-16 oz was more like it for me.

I also found that 1.5 scoops was what worked best for me.

This was effective for endurance and recovery. We can argue about dosing and ingredients but at the end of the day this provided acceptable endurance and recovery on par with most of the other intra/amino products that I purchase. Maybe not on par with the top tier products but certainly no slouch when compared to the more well known retail brands. I got very little added nitric oxide/pump effects from this, although that's not surprising since almost all pump products are woefully under-dosed for someone my size.

Ok, here's where the rubber meets the road for me. In comparison with other blended amino products out there, such as my favorite Bare Performance IntraFlight, this just doesn't come in very well. The two products compare extremely closely in ingredients but the IntraFlight has twice the actives and servings per tub are based on a true 2 scoop measure. So AminoFlow comes in at 20 true servings for $35.00 and IntraFlight comes in at 30 true servings at $25.00. For me, I could care less about the price difference if a product is effective, but given that, then the extra cost just doesn't make sense in this case. If the cost were to come down then I might dismiss the extra servings, but I can't dismiss both.

Conclusion

This is an effective product; I have no issues with performance. But given that the dosing of actives is lower, the fact that the true dose for me was 1.5 scoops, and the fact that this is priced in the upper tier of amino products, I have to pass. It's a very competitive market out there and intra workout products don't have enough bang for the buck for me to justify the difference. Not that my opinion matters all that much, but I would recommend reformulating this with a better focus on the foundation and less flash on the nitric oxide/pump. Muscle Elements strikes me as one of the better companies bringing products to the market, so I want to see them do well - but this product didn't do it for me. Given the praise that other reviewers have heaped upon it, please take my review as only one among many and make your own decision. If it works like gangbusters for you, then the things that were negatives for me shouldn't matter even a little.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  March 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Added Nitric Oxide
  • Versatile
    Hey guys :) Today I am very excited, not only because its finally friday, but also because I am going to review IMO, the best intra-workout amino acid based supplement, currently available on the market - AmiNO Flow from Muscle Elements

Ingredient Profile 9,5/10

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12.5g)
    Servings Per Container: 30

Disodium Phosphate - 250 mg
    Dicalcium Phosphate - 250 mg
    Dimagnesium Phosphate - 250 mg

Other Ingredients:
    Natural & Artificial Flavors (Milk), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Beet Juice Powder (Color), and Acesulfame Potassium.

To be honest to you guys, in my opinion, the ingredient profile of this product is one of the best you can get from intra-workout supplement. I mean, in each serving you get 5g of BCAAs, 2g of Citrulline, 1g of Taurine, 250mg of AgmaMAX - the purest form of Agmatine sulfate + other NO- enhancing compounds and 750mg of electrolytes, to keep you well hydrated during your intensive workouts. The one thing I really like about this product is the addition of the most effective and reaserched NO-boosting ingredients - Citrulline and Agmatine - which are quite highly dosed (at 2 scoop serving) + the addition of large amount of electrolytes, which are vital for your endurance and overall performance in the gym. Probably the one thing I would change is that I would like to see at least 500mg of Agmatine in 1 scoop serving. However, as a big NO fan I always add my own Agmatine to my PWO mix so for me, that isnt a big issue. And finally, I would also add at least 1g of glycerol for better muscle-cell volumization.

Taste - 9/10 - I had the watermelon flavour and it was quite sweet for me (especially at 2 scoop serving). Its not overwhealmingly sweet, but I believe that they could work to try to get some better flavoring. However, its still something you will be able to drink during your workouts.

Mixability - 10/10 - Mixed perfectly in shaker, without any issues

Dosing - 2 scoops - 1 scoop with Muscle Elements PWO PreCre (which I will review next) and 1 scoop intra-workout

Effectiveness - 9.5/10 - Stack it either with PreCre pre-workout or solely as your intra and you will definitelly not be dissapointed. This is the best amino acid profile I had used for a long time. I remember that the last time I was so excited about my intra was when I was using Compete. There are of course many other great amino acid supplements which I really like (Amino X, B-BCAA, Mutant BCAA, Modern BCAA, Monster Amino...) but it seemed to me that AmiNO Flow have some slight edge over them all. The biggest difference I have noticed, was the hydration. However hard I trained I did not sweat that much, like I used to with other aminos. I was even asking myself if there is something wrong with me or if I am really performing as hard as I can. So endurance and overall performance was on point. As for the pumps, the combination of ingredients in PreCre (I think that in this case, the most effective compound was the cyclic dextrin, which I never used before) + the NO-boosters and electrolytes in AmiNO Flow made this combo quite effective. I definitelly noticed some pumps, especially on arms and chest, and also significant increase in vasodilation overall. The last thing I really liked about the pumps was that they were not that short-living, "skin-tearing" type, but more of a "consistent" type of pumps, which on one hand were not that significant, but on the other, lasted much longer.

Value - 10/10 - I bought my AmiNO Flow together with PreCre as the part of the so-called "Grow with ME" stack for 40E + as a gift I received a 12- serving packet of the new version of N.O. Xplode 3.0 (EU version of course). So it was quite a deal for me once again :)

Side Effects - None worth mentioning

Conclusion - 9.5/10 - Overall I must say that AmiNo Flow delivered on its claims and it turned out to be my new must-have product in my supplement stack. I think that you really cannot ask for more in terms of overall effectiveness and versatility of this product. I definitelly recommend everyone to grab it, solely or better - with PreCre - and give it a shot.

February 18, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Added Nitric Oxide
    • Good Recovery
    • Pricey
    Amino products have been a staple supplement in my supplement arsenal for over 3 years now. I consider myself an amino acid connoisseur I have tried many different amino supplements. When Muscle Elements gave me the opportunity to try Amino Flow I was supper stoked to get an opportunity to give this a run.

Di Magnesium Phosphate

As you can see the profile is right on par with competition I really liked how they added ingredients to aid in giving you a pump, along with a hydration & endurance complex. This was a unique approach and I feel like Muscle Elements made it work.

Personally I'm not a fan of anything watermelon flavor, with that said they did a good job making sure the taste matched the flavor. I never had any problem with the mixing a couple of shakes in my water bottle and Amino Flow was ready for consumption. Typically when I use amino acid products I only use them Intra workout. With Amino Flow I chose to use one scoop pre workout two scoops intra workout and one scoop post workout.

Like all amino acid products you cant tell if they are working until you train without them. With that being said I noticed significantly better pumps during my workouts. For me the biggest difference this product made was keeping me feeling hydrated and refreshed, similar to how you feel drinking an ice cold glass of lemonade after you been out in the sun doing yard work all day. The recovery while using this product was better than usual, but I also used a lot more servings of this throughout the day than I usually use with amino acid products. Never the less Amino Flow is a high quality product.

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. This is a full spectrum amino acid product there are plenty of added goodies, which makes the price a little higher than most supplements in this category. The lowest I have seen this product sell for is $34.99 this might turn some people off but in my opinion the price is fair for what your getting.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Amino Flow is a very high quality product. This product delivered on all of it claims if Muscle Elements can find a way to bring the price down on this product I think it would be a lot more tempting for consumers to give Amino Flow a try!

January 25, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Added Nitric Oxide
    • Good Recovery
    • Mixes Well
    • Versatile
    • Hard To Find
    Up for review today is Muscle Element's AmiNO Flow. This is a relatively new product from a newer company. I ran both their PreCre and AminoN.O. My review of PreCre was very positive and expect this one to be similar.

Ingredients 9: This is a pump, performance and hydration supplement that can be used in conjunction with a stimulant based pre workout, in my case PreCre. Some of the notable ingredients include a 5g dosage of BCAAs at a 3:1:2 ratio, 2g of citrulline, 250mg of Agmatine from agmamax, a hydration blend of electrolytes and 1g of taurine. Solid formula, but it may be a bit light of the agmatine as an effective dose is 500mg. That is my only criticism.

Dosing: One scoop preworkout which was stacked with Muscle Element's PreCre.

Effectiveness 8.5: I would like to break this down into 2 separate categories, pump and recovery. From a pump aspect it performed well, but not in the elite categories of some products (8 rating). I feel this is primarily due to the slightly underdosed amount of agmatine. However, when you are most likely stacking this with a stim based preworkout that could have pump ingredients, then it would be just fine.

From a recovery aspect this performed great. The 5g of BCAAs was effectively dosed. (8.75 rating.). On par with most recovery bcaa products.

Taste: Fruit punch was the flavor I reviewed. Tastes great. Not overpowering which is a big plus in my book.

Value 8.5: Prices for this product range, but it can be obtained for around 35 dollars a tub. Some people would say this is high, but with the prices of most supplements going up, you are not going to find a product like this for sub 25 dollars from any company. It is versatile, as it can be used Intra or pre as a stack. Good value!

Conclusion 8.3: As a pump, performance and recovery product this a a great option for the community. It has an effective ingredient profile at a fair price point. You should check it out!!!

January 15, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Added Nitric Oxide
    • Good Recovery
    • Ok Taste
    One more from Muscle Elements, all the gratitude still in max effect.

Once again, jumping right in…

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A

Of the two products, I would say I like this ingredient profile a lot better. Everything fully disclosed, & all the ingredients I like to see. Some BCAAs, cuz ya know the ladies love them, L-Citrulline cuz I’ve had good success with that, & Agmatine Sulfate (AgmaMAX®). Then electrolytes cuz no one likes cramping & things like that.

The only thing I would change, would be to get some of those carby-type thing sin PreCre in here as well. Recommendation from Muscle Elements was to stack the two, if I recall< & the article from EliteFTS mentions using those carby-type things both pre-workout & intra-workout. So, it would make sense to include them in here as well.

Still, no complaints other than that.

TASTE: B

I received fruit punch, which I’m altogether tired of. However, AmiNO Flow wasn’t too bad with the fruit punch. Bearable in the very least, but enjoyable is an overstatement. That area in between where you neither like nor dislike it, but don’t mind it all.

MIXING: B

Much better than PreCre. Didn’t have any settling issues to speak of, no matter how many scoops I heaped in to the shaker or bottle. Kind of makes me wonder what happened with PreCre…

EFFECTIVENESS: B

It didn’t quite work as well as I would’ve hoped, but I can’t but feel like I’m partly to blame.

A product of this nature is usually a versatile one, which can function either pre-workout or intra-workout. Where I dropped the ball, is that I decided to experiment too much with how I used AmiNO Flow. I spent too much time bouncing between intra & pre, & didn’t give one or the other a real chance to prove whether or not it was working. I spent one training week intra, the next pre, then I messed with the dose, then again with timing. I feel very ashamed that I did that, when usually I have a clear picture of how I want to use such products. Still, I do feel I got enough of an idea on how well AmiNO Flow works.

The one common theme amidst all that bafoonage, was endurance & recovery. I enjoyed a long stretch of training where it felt like my recovery time was cut down significantly, & the only major change was the introduction of a product like AmiNO Flow. As an intra-workout supplement, AmiNO Flow could realistically work quite well based on that, & it was working well when I used it intra. I did, however, use it consistently as a pre-workout when I trained Martial Arts. The classes were in the evening, so the last thing I wanted was to be hopped up on stimulants in the ass-end of the night. AmiNO Flow worked real well for this, & it even helped cut down on my damn calved cramping up too (they usually cramp up on me).

While I wasn’t able to gather enough information about AmiNO Flow’s performance in either application, I do feel that the information I gathered leads me to believing that AmiNO Flow is a pretty damn good product. I just don’t feel like I can say conclusively, & that’s my fault.

VALUE: B

Once again, for 30 servings the going rate seems to be that $35 range. In fact, four out of five listed prices on SR quote AmiNO Flow at $34.99 (I have no clue what Amazon is thinking). So, a decent price to start at.

Much like PreCre, I feel AmiNO Flow is expensive, not overpriced. That seems to be the theme with the better products in general, as quality starts to take priority (as far as I can tell). Value may dip lower, depending on how many scoops you use, but I still don’t have much problem with the price/value.

OVERALL: B

My flop aside, AmiNO Flow looks rather promising. It is versatile, but don’t do what I did & mess around too much. Make up your mind, & stick with it. The results are there to be had, just go get them. The price is agreeable, though expensive, but it’s not too much of a deterrent. It does, however, make the option of stacking PreCre & AmiNO Flow together less likely. Unless you’re one of those guys who likes to spend all their money on supplements, lol.

All said & done, AmiNO Flow is good to go.

September 4, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Great Pump
    • Great Endurance
    • Mixes Well
    • Versatile
    • Hard To Find
    • Underdosed BCAA
    • Stomach Issues At 2 Scoops
    Hello SR. Today's review is for Muscle Element's AmiNo Flow. A big thanks goes out to ME as they sent this out with their PWO PreCre. This turned out to possibly be the best stack Ive ever ran. Like the title says, this is how you put an intra together. Let's do it.

Profile-8.5

Di Magnesium Phosphate

So a solid profile which covers the bases that you need during a workout. Yeah it's a few blends but they are specific with some of the main ingredients on the label. 5g BCAA, 250mg of agmatine and 2g cirtulline per scoop. I would like to see some more BCAA content but it looks like they are going the "intra" route and not necessarily concerned about post workout recovery. Also, if you add up the bulk ingredients it comes out to about 9700mg which leaves almost 3 grams to flavor etc. Overall I like the approach mainly because I like to use any amino product as an intra anyways.

Dosing-9
    Used primarily as an intra and usually used 1-1.5 scoops. I suppose you could use this at any time of day and could even be a nice way to dose as a non-stim preworkout.

Taste-7
    Not bad. I had the fruit punch flavor and it was ok at 1-1.5 scoops. At 2 scoops, it was too much. I would like to see less flavoring but with so many ingredients they had to do something to mask it, especially as an intra. I believe they could work to try to get some better flavoring but it's still something you will be able to drink.

Mixability-10
    Mixed perfectly.

Side Effects-8
    I just wanted to mention that this did not well on my stomach at 2 scoops. As I finished it, which was about half to 3/4 way through my workout something didn't feel right. Not a show stopper but you could tell there was a too much extra stuff in it. Good thing you don't need 2 scoops for it to be effective.

Effectiveness-9.5
    This worked about as well as an intra Ive tried.

Recovery-8
    On par with most others. I usually don't get DOMS too much anyways but there was definitely an increase in recovery. I think there are many ways to enhance recovery and never rely solely on supplements for that.

Pump-9
    Along with the PreCre, it's hard to remember getting a better pump with anything Ive ever used. I did use Noxygen a few times with the stack but even when it was just the two products I had great vascularity and muscle fullness. Shoulder days were the best. A little harmless mirin' was done on those days.

Endurance/Hydration-9
    Even after some grueling training, I had to force myself to leave most times. I felt like it I just waited 10 minutes I could repeat the entire workout over again. It really allowed for me to get the most out of my training. The best part was being able to take the time to stretch and foam roll at then end when normally I would just be trying to get out of there. I felt well hydrated. I didn't need a million trips to the water fountain after I finished the shaker.

All of these attributes were down after I had finished the tub. I had about 4-5 workouts without it and I was missing it dearly.

Value-8
    I have to drop the score here a little. You are going to have a hard time finding it on most internet sites and when you do find it they are going to be asking about 43 dollars. SR shows that Nutrition Arsenal has it for 34.99. It's pretty steep if you stick with a scoop you can get 30 workouts or 20 workouts at 1.5 scoops.

Overall-9
    AmiNo Flow delivered on its claims and turned out to be one of my favorite intras. They could most definitely improve the flavor to make it more enjoyable to drink, but performance-wise, you really cannot ask for more. As it becomes more popular, I believe the price will come down and you will probably find more deals coming out. I recommend you find it for the 35 dollars and give it a shot. Im looking forward to more releases from Muscle Elements after this run.

August 5, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Good
    • Added Nitric Oxide
    • Good Recovery
      Here is the second of two products I was sent by the guys over at Muscle Elements to try. This was another stand out product by this great company. I am a huge fan of Amino products and this was nothing short of amazing. They used a new approach when making this product. This is a two in one product. This has Nitric Oxide in it and makes for a great product to stack with their pre-workout PreCre.

Ingredients:

L-Ornithince HCL

Hydration & Endurance (Complex) Elements 750mg
      DiMagnesium Phosphate

Other Ingredients:
      Natural & Artificial Flavors (Milk) Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Beet Juice Powder (Color) and Acesulfame Potassium.

Allergen Warnings:
      Manufactured on Equipment which processes products containing milk, eggs, soybeans, wheat, Shellfish, fish oil, tree nuts, and peanut flavor.

For the most part the ingredient product looks pretty decent I thought. I liked most of everything they put in this. Seemed to be dosed fairly well. Wish they did not use the prop blends in this. I would like to know better how much of each ingredient they use. That reason a long would not stop me from using this again. I really like the added Nitric Oxide they put in this for pumps.

Value:
      This is pretty much selling for the same price as their PreCre $34.99 on all sites that sell it. They have a deal on a lot of sites that if you order both the PreCre and AmiNo Flow stack you can get both products for $64.99 which would save you $5 if you bought both of them separately. For an Amino product this price does seem a little high I think but not horrible by any means. They do add the nitric oxide in this so it does up the cost a little. I would like to see this lowered a little to around the high $20 to $30 range. Like they say on the label this is two products in one.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing
      I was sent the fruit punch flavor. I was not overly excited with getting that flavor since I am really tired of fruit punch all the time. I was rather surprised at how good this tasted. It was a lot better than I thought it would taste. The taste of this was kind of strong I thought for an amino product but that was ok with me because I thought it made it better. I thought it tasted really refreshing and had a good after taste to it. It was not overly sweet or tart at all and had a nice fruit punch taste to it. I had not had the chance to try this in watermelon but I am sure that would taste pretty good also. I would like to see them come out with a couple more flavors in this also.

Mixing/Dosing
      Had no issues with it mixing. Mixed very well every time. Very little foam if any which was nice. There are 30 servings in this and I did one heaping scoop each time and that did the trick. They give you a fairly big scooper which is nice. Towards the end I upped it to 2 scoops to see if I noticed any difference and it seemed a little better but was just fine if I stuck with the one scoop instead.

This was a very solid Amino product for me. I really enjoyed the added Nitric Oxide they put in this. This really helped give me those pumps I was not getting as much from the PreCre. The pumps I got were nothing real crazy like but were decent and enjoyable. I would highly recommend you stack this with PreCre. These two products I thought worked really good together. Getting that nitric oxide in there and a few other things really helped make this and the PreCre that much better. I loved the recovery I got from this. Any bit of soreness I would get from my really hard work outs was next to nothing. At times I wondered to myself if I was working out hard enough because I never felt overly sore at all hardly. I know I work out a lot and do a lot of different things and should be a lot more sore than I am. This is why it is so great for me to take amino products like this that really work. I could feel my endurance and energy was very much improved. I felt I could always go a lot sooner between sets and hit it a little harder. I did feel a lot more hydrated after taking this which is a good feeling for me to have. I feel that this helped me to put on some more lean muscle mass. With the added nitric oxide to this product I think it really helped a lot at getting these ingredients into my blood stream a lot better so it would work faster.

Side Effects:
      Had no issues what so ever with any side effect.

Overall:
      This was another really solid product by Muscle Elements. This did pretty much everything I wanted in an amino product a long with the added nitric oxide as a bonus. I could not ask for much more when it comes to a amino product like this. This I would for sure recommend trying. This will be a product I will for sure use again in the near future. Can't wait to see what new come products they come out with in the future. They also have a couple fat burners I have yet to try and heard they are pretty decent also.