212 Powder Reviews

By: Muscle Elements

212 Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Muscle Elements. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.5

• Did Not Experience Most Of The Claimed Effects
  • Low % Of Active Ingredients Per Scoop
  • Not For Those Who Like Fasted AM Cardio
  • Not For Those Who Follow An IF Eating Protocol

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

For this product, I received a free tub in exchange for completing a supplement log about my experiences while consuming this product. I am a big fan of the Muscle Elements brand because I like what they stand for in the supplement industry and have always been open label from day one. The leaders of the brand are also not afraid to address problems or concerns with products head on and publicly. With all that information, I figured why not give this a try, what's the worst that could happen? Let's see if this product boiled some fat!

Please note the ingredient profile will vary slightly based on the flavor you choose

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**

Definition & Tightening Elements 300mg

-Dandelion 20:1 Extract 100mg
-Juniper Berry 4:1 Extract 100mg
-Uva Ursi Leaf 20:1 Extract 100mg

As with all Muscle Elements products, the label is fully disclosed which is always a plus in my book. Based on the ingredient list, I was most looking forward to the claims of increased thermogenesis, focus and appetite control while taking this product. I was also glad to see there was not a stupid amount of caffeine per scoop like we see in some "fat burner" products. The 200mg dosage would allow me to experiment with higher dosages if needed without becoming too "stimmed out".

The ingredients you see listed in the Definition & Tightening Elements complex are commonly found in other water loss/diuretic products on the market. These are all herbal ingredients to help remove any excess water your body may have and give you a tighter more defined look to go along with the loss of fat you should experience while consuming this supplement. With these ingredients included, it is recommend that you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while on this product. If you react well to these ingredients and do not monitor your water intake, you may feel light-headed and/or cramp much more easily.

The biggest issue I have with this product's ingredients is the amount of non-actives used in the flavor system. On this flavor, each 5g scoop contains 4g of carbs leaving only about 1g of active ingredients. Most, if not all, of the carbs are in the form of maltodextrin. Not a beneficial carb by any means. I reached out to the company and received a quick response from none other than the CEO. He explained that the active ingredients used are quite nasty tasting on their own and hard to make palatable to drink. I completely understand that and appreciate his honesty in the reply. This product also comes in a pill form, thereby eliminating the flavoring system and making this product much more pure.

Taste >> The flavor I received was the sour gummy bear. I was really looking forward to this flavor and had high expectations based on the amount of ingredients used for the flavoring system. I expected to be slapped in the face with an amazing sour gummy flavor, especially based on the amount of water that the product recommends. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed after trying this. After drinking a scoop the first time, I could not put my finger on any specific flavor for this product. As I continued through the tub, the only flavor that I can relate this to is orange, which I am not a big fan of.

Mixability >> This was not a huge issue for this product, mainly because the scoop size and the amount of water recommended is small. The product does not completely mix in a shaker and there is some settling at the bottom if left to sit. Honestly, this was not a big problem because it only takes a few drinks to finish the scoop if you use the recommended amount of water. I expected better mixability based on the ingredient profile but can deal with the end result.

Dosing >> Per label "Mix 1 scoop with 4 to 6 oz of cold water on an empty stomach upon waking. For maximum results a second serving can be consumed mid-afternoon or 5 hours before sleep. DO NOT EXCEED MORE THAN 2 DOSES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. Drink at least 120 oz of water daily to avoid dehydration." I actually violated the warning about not exceeding more than two doses in a 24 hour period. I will detail more in the effectiveness section, but I found my sweet spot to be just under three scoops a day.

These are the effects that the company claims this product provides:

Full Spectrum Fat Incinerator
Alpha receptor 2 antagonist
Increases thermogenesis and energy expenditure
Maintains mood and reduce appetite
Increases fat loss and water removal
Increases energy and mental focus

A little background about my current lifestyle and goals right now. I am aiming to lose weight/fat at a slow and controlled pace with a goal of one to two pounds per week. I currently do LISS cardio seven days a week and follow an intermittent fasting eating protocol. I will finish eating at around midnight each day then fast until around 2000 hrs the next day. During my feeding window, I will typically focus on protein and fat with carbs depending on if I weight trained that day or plan to weight train the next day.

My goal with this product was to consume before my morning LISS cardio for an extra boost to push my through the session each day and increase my sweating. At the beginning of the tub, I used the recommended one scoop before my cardio. Outside of the caffeine kick and a slight boost in focus, I did not feel any of the intended effects. On future sessions, I experimented with different dosages before finally settling on nine grams per session, which is just below two scoops. This dosage gave me a great boost in energy, mood and focus during the session. Sadly even at almost double the dose, I did not notice an increase in body temperature, sweating, water removal or reduced appetite as the label says.

Towards the middle of the tub I also started to experiment with taking another scoop in the afternoon during my work day. This was mainly done for the energy and focus boost. As I work swing shift, my body can start to shutdown and lose productivity in the evening towards the end of the shift. With the extra scoop part way into my shift, I was able to stave off the shutdown and be more productive for the entire day. For the last few scoops that I took during work, I drank the 212* earlier in the shift and stacked it with 125mg of TeaCrine. This was an amazing combination that provided both short and long term energy and focus. Before stacking it with the TeaCrine, I had to play a timing game in order to feel the effects during my shift but not take it too late to effect my sleep pattern. When stacking with the TeaCrine, I could consume both earlier in the shift because I knew the TeaCrine would be there for the long term boost while the 212* would provide the short term.

In the end, I was still able to reach my weight loss goals of one to two pounds per week while using this but it did not provide much of a boost in that department in my opinion. Based on previous history, the weight loss I experienced could be achieved with diet and training and no fat burner supplement help. I was expecting a little more help in the weight loss department or at least some noticeable recomp effects. As mentioned, this product's effectiveness was most noticeable for me in the energy, mood and focus department.

Currently you can find the 40 serving tub online for anywhere between $25 to $30 depending on which flavor you want and what the retailer has. I personally do not see Muscle Elements products go on sale too often because they like to be known as one of the premium brands that produces high quality products. Your best option for the best deal is to be open on your flavor choice and act quickly when you see a sale.

Side Effects

Personally I did not experience any negative side effects. The product does contain caffeine, so be cautious about the time of day you consume this and your sleep schedule. This product is supposed to heat you up, so be cautious if you do not want that feeling.

Another side effect to keep in mind is for the people who may want to specifically do fasted cardio and/or follow an intermittent fasting eating protocol. Since this product does contain four grams of carbs per scoop, you will technically be knocked out of your fast if you take this prior to your eating window.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was expecting much more from this product than what I experienced. While the effects I did receive were nice, I was really looking forward to the increases in body temp, sweating and water removal while reducing my appetite. Since my main purpose of using this product was during morning cardio, I wanted those effects so that my session felt more productive. After the first few sessions realizing that was not going to happen, that is when I started to experiment with increasing the dosage and using later in the day for more benefits. This product is also produced in a pill form with slightly different ingredients and no flavoring system needed (ie: no carbs). If I were to try this product again, I would go for the pill form instead of the powder. If you are considering this product, I would definitely recommend the pill version first.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 3/10