7.1

(Better than 7% in Multi-Vitamins)

Mugen ENDO is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Mugen Holdings. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

November 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick
  • Dosing
  • Ingredient Profile
Good day. I haven't been using a multivitamin for a while now before I started taking this. I workout pretty regularly, and I know it should be a staple but I just don't. Mostly because it is hard to tell if multi's are working or not. I realize all the studies, but if I can't tell then I feel like I could be wasting my money. When I saw an opportunity to try a new multi I hadn't heard of I thought let me see if this can help change my mind...

It's a pretty basic ingredient profile. To go into detail and break down every ingredient would take me far longer than it should. Therefore, I will tell you that is has your daily dosage or more of many vitamins your body needs in order to recover from the daily grind your body puts it through. I have attached a picture of the label if you want to see a breakdown. There were a couple of added surprises though that you don't see in some multi's. First one was CoQ10 (10mg). If you aren't familiar with CoQ10, It is found in every cell of the body. Your body makes CoQ10, and your cells use it to produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules. It is said to help heart failure, as well as cancer, muscular dystrophy, and periodontal disease. It is also said to boost energy and speed recovery from exercise. Some people take it to help reduce the effects certain medicines can have on the heart, muscles, and other organs. Piperine (Black powder) is supposed to help the other vitamins and minerals in it become more effective. Who knows if it works but that's what they say. Those two kind of stood out to me. If you are looking for a basic ingredient profile for your multi then checkout the label I attached. It lists them all.

Taste- There was no taste to me because they are pills. You don't "mix" them with anything. The label recommends taking two pills for the full dosage. That is a plus for me. I like not popping pills all day everyday. On workout days I would take one in the morning and one after my workout. Call it a mental thing but I felt like that was when I needed the vitamins the most. Off days I just took two in the morning.

Did it work? I couldn't really tell. I'm always sore from workouts. I use recovery products, I drink plenty of protein, and I used this vitamin regularly and still no difference for me. That's just me. When I take multi's I don't expect to be able to tell if it is working. That's just me. The energy some talk about I didn't witness, per say... Do I think it gives you energy? Absolutely... with 500mcg's of B12 how could it not? I just couldn't tell any difference.

Found Endo for $25 on Amazon. For me, $25 is expensive for a 30 days supply of multivitamins. Compare the labels to other name brand multi's and you will might agree that for the money it is no different than some of the others. In my humble opinion, adding something for joints for the same price and upping the servings to 45ish would make it a lot more valuable and appealing to me. I've seen vitamins for roughly the same price that include a lot more in their ingredient list.

Side Effects

Bright yellow pee..... Not a negative side effect, but if you have never taken multi's you might be a little uneasy when your pee is bright yellow.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Endo is a basic, but solid, multivitamin for a more than normal price. I wasn't looking for a homerun muilti because I do know the meaning behind them, but I'd be hard-pressed to recommend it to anyone for that reason alone. In my experience, basic supplements should have a basic price. I do want to say thank you to sr.com and Mugen Holdings for partnering in this program. It's appreciated.

Other Prices:
Mugen Holdings   $35.00

Overall
Overall
6.8
5.5
  November 16, 2017

• Ingredient Profile

Mugen Endo from Mugen Holdings is a multivitamin product marketed toward maintaining a healthy body and having an "insurance policy" on your health, as described by the manufacturer. While taking Mugen Endo, I was hitting the gym 6 times a week utilizing a powerbuilding approach to lifting. Heavy weights mixed in with high volume.

Several reviewers have broken down this profile in depth so I will not hit every single ingredient. It is a multi, so there a lot of them. Endo has an abundance of Vitamin B's, which did seem effective which I will talk about in a bit. All the other basic ingredients seem to be dosed similarly to other multis like Optimen and Orange Triad. One ingredient included in Endo that seems somewhat unique is CoQ10. Over the years this has become a relatively popular ingredient that supposedly helps everything from heart failure to cancer. None of that has really been proven, and its main attribute seems to be an increase in energy and recovery. Overall, I like the addition of CoQ10. There is also some Piperine, which is basically Black Pepper, which may help increase the effectiveness of other ingredients. One thing that seems underdosed, as noted by other reviewers, is the Vitamin K. It is listed in Endo at .8 mcg. Orange Triad has 120mcg. Endo has it listed specifically at K2 though, and orange triad just lists Vitamin K, which could be K1 or K2. It is speculated that K2 is much easier absorbed by the body, so maybe that evens out the field, I am not sure because I am not a vitamin expert.

What Endo provides is a very basic approach to a multi. The ingredient profile provides everything I think a multi should, with no addition of a bunch of garbage fillers used to help market it. The profile is extremely similar to that of Orange Triad by Controlled Labs, minus the joint and flex complexes. This becomes important when we get to value.

There was no taste or mixability issues since Endo comes in capsules. Dosing was extremely easy, 2 pills a day with water. I dosed this at different times throughout my run, but mostly tried to use it in the morning.

I gave Endo a good effectiveness rating because, well, I could tell it was working. The main thing I noticed was the increase in energy, especially when I took it in the morning. I have tried a lot of multis in the past that I know were pretty solid products, but didn't have something solid to tell it was working. Endo provided me with an awesome energy boost in the morning. On the other side of this, I took it a couple times around dinner time, and was then unable to get to sleep at night. That being said, I would recommend taking it in the morning. Other than the energy boost, its pretty hard to pick out anything else from a multi when it comes to effectiveness. My pee was not as yellow as some other multis make it, but that doesn't really have anything do with effectiveness. I did not notice any other effects when compared to other multis I have taken.

This is the category that caused my overall rating of the product to fall. Endo is showing up on Amazon now for 25 bucks for a 30 day supply. As I have said, I enjoy the basic approach to ingredients, but I think that needs to be reflected in price. For about the same price, I can get 50 servings of Orange Triad, which has basically the same profile, plus a whole joint complex, which I think is legit. If I have to chose between these two, I am going to take the 50 servings of Orange Triad 100 out of 100 times. They need to bring the price point down a bit on Endo.

Side Effects

No negative side effects.

Conclusion

I appreciated the opportunity to try Endo from Mugen Holdings. My review pretty much says it all. I like the basic approach but I don't like the price. My advice, keep the profile and lower the price. Good value would bring the rating up tremendously. I did appreciate that energy boost, which is definitely worth something. But due to my overall rating, I had to give it the orange crooked face rating and was unable to give it my full recommendation. Thanks for reading!

Other Prices:
Mugen Holdings   $35.00

November 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to) and considering Mugen's ENDO fits that description, I jumped at the chance to give it a run. Apologies to Mugen for the delay in posting this review.

A quick note: I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

ENDO has a fairly simple ingredient profile, especially compared to some of the more aggressive "paks" on the market. As other reviewers have pointed out, some of the dosages are lighter than other multi-vitamins, particularly Vit A and K2. Where Mugen really shines is in its serving of the various Vitamin B's, Folate, and Zinc, and is otherwise very similar in profile to Opti-Men. There're very few of the flashy additives like Korean Ginseng or Raw Oyster Extract (yes, a real ingredient), but personally I prefer Mugen's approach here. Give me solid dosings of core vitamins and I'm all set.

As with all vitamins, pills simply are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed as efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multis contain a greater than required amount of core ingredients. Additionally, the recommended daily value doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism, thus I personally prefer a vitamin profile that includes higher doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins.

No issues at all. Two easy to swallow caps with no powder burps or overly strong odor/taste. I usually took my two caps with dinner. This was a nice change from the massive Vital4U packs I'd been taking prior to running this supplement.

As stated, it's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a SIGNIFICANT difference taking ENDO compared to Opti-Men or another multi? Not really. I will say that my mornings were generally "better" after I'd been on this product for a week. Just a slight uptick in energy and an overall sense of good health and well-being (bit hard to describe). I'm attributing this effect due to the aggressive dosing of B-vitamins in ENDO. I did not get ill while running this product, which was another plus considering the sharp weather shift we experienced here in New England last month. All in all this performed well and was actually more noticeable in terms of effects than some of the other vitamin products I've tried recently.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. I could only find Mugen's ENDO for $35 for 30 days, a steep $1.17 per dose. This is actually the same price as Vital 4U's 14 pill vitamin pack in which you are getting a LOT more for the money. You can grab a big bottle of Opti-Men, 80 servings, for $37 - that's .46c per day.

For me, this is ENDO's shortfall. It's simply too expensive. Yes, the ingredients appear to be quality and the profile is solid, but it's essentially double the price of other multivitamins.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a solid effective multi that I would absolutely purchase were it not for the high price point. I can't rationalize paying more than double for a 30 day supply of ENDO compared to Opti-Men considering the profiles are very similar. I'd recommend it as a good product, but there are far less expensive options on the market.

November 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick
  • Dosing
  • Ingredient Profile
  • Vitamin A And K2 Underdosed

38 years old active duty military, and I work out 4-5 times a week. First of all thank you to Mugen Holdings and the TROOPer program for making this review possible. I always keep a multi vitamin in my stack and have learned over the years that it is worth the extra money to get the quality products here instead of the cheap generic ones. I had never heard of Mugen Holdings before, and I was in need of a multi, so I decided to give this a shot. Lets see what I learned by trying my first product from Mugen Holdings.

Okay, so there are a ton of ingredients here a nice fully disclosed label. Some Multi Vitamins tend to put their stuff in blends, but for me I get very picky and need to see what I am getting from each vitamin and mineral. So kudos there. I review all the multi's the same by breaking down the most important ingredients to me and for health.

Vitamin A - This is good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth and skin. 3,000 IU per day for men is the RDA, and here we get 2,666 IU. The label does claim this is 101.9% RDA, but from what I understand this is a bit underdosed. Strangely enough this is the lowest dosage of Vitamin A I have seen in the last five Multi's I have tried.

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA and here we get 40mg, so we are well covered here. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. here we get 500mcg which is well above the RDA of 2.4mcg.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 250mg.

Vitamin D - Specifically we have Vitamin D3 here at 2,000 IU which is a nice dosing. You never want to exceed 4,000 IU daily, so this is a happy middle ground. This aids in good healthy bones and energy, and is D3 is naturally made from exposure to the sun. I live in Washington state, and its November now which means no sunlight for the next 5 months or so, so I take as much D3 as I can get.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,500 IU, here we get 164 IU leaving plenty of room to not go over the maximum daily allowance if you have almonds, nuts, seeds, or tomatoes in your diet.

Vitamin K - Specifically we have K2 here. K2 improves bone strength and reduces risk of bone fractures. So when you see K2, you think Bone health! Typically dosing ranges from 45 - 130mcg daily of K2, here we only get .8mcg which is oddly low. I appreciate the addition here, but I think an increase should be in order here, and then I think the company could market this aspect more to seperate themselves in the world of Multi's.

Folate / Folic Acid - So I used to think these were just interchangeable names for Folic Acid or B9, but I was wrong after doing some research. Folate is naturally occurring form of Vitamin B9 while Folic Acid is a synthetic form of vitamin B9 and is also known as pteroylmonoglutamic acid (yeah put that on a spelling bee contest). The debate on which is better is always out there, but it appears that Folate is better, and here we have Folate so thats a nice addition here. Folate serves many important functions in the body. For example, it plays a crucial role in cell growth and the formation of DNA. RDA calls for 400mcg a day for 14 years and up and 600mcg a day for pregnant women. We get 800mcg here, so are well covered. This is the highest dosing of Folate I have seen thus far in a multi, so nice job.

Calcium - Good for healthy teeth and bones. We get 75mg here, RDA is between 1,000 - 2,500mg for men 19-50 years old. You can get more calcium in your diet by eating yogurt, cheese, milk, tofu, and black molasses. This is a small dose, so when taking this ensure you make up for the rest in your diet. It was like those old Milk commercials you used to see when you were a kid, Calcium is important! I really would not ding this as being under dosed here since you can get it daily in foods that people commonly eat.

Zinc - Good for immunity, growth and fertility. 11mg daily for men over 14 and here we get 50mg. This is the highest dosing of Zinc I have seen in a multi and I think its great.

Chromium - Good for glucose function - making sure every cell in your body gets energy when needed. This gives you 250mcg which is good, because its recommended you do not exceed 1,000mcg per day, and excessive doses may lead to stomach problems, low blood sugar, and can damage the liver, kidneys, nerves, and cause irregular heart rhythms. Pretty serious stuff! This is strictly talking about Chromium supplements, as Chromium in food will not hurt you no matter what the dosage, so this is a nice safe dose.

Magnesium - A mineral to help aid in your bone structure. The daily Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for elemental magnesium are: 19-30 years, 400 mg (men) and 310 mg (women); 31 years and older, 420 mg (men) and 320 mg (women). For pregnant women age 14-18 years, the RDA is 400 mg; 19-30 years, 350 mg; 31-50 years, 360 mg. Here we get 200mg which is good since doses less than 350mg daily are safe, thought it kind of contradicts the RDA. Either way the small dose is covered here.

Boron - Boron aids in building muscle, increase test levels, and builds strong bones. All things we all want, so I love to see Boron, and I now look for it in a multi! here we get 2mg which is a nice dose. RDA for Boron is between .25mg - 3.25mg. So we are covered here.

All in all, not a bad profile overall. We are underdosed on Vitamin A and K2, which is a bit strange, but we get some nice higher doses that usual of Vitamin D3, Folate, Zinc, Chromium, and Magnesium. So its a give and take kind of deal. Although I do think they should push Vitamin A up to 3,000 IU and K2 up to at least 45mcg and then this could definitely be a stand out and market more to the daily RDA approach and that fact that K2 is great for bone health. Japan has been using K2 for years with good results, google it sometime, I really believe something like that could make this multi unique among the already saturated market.

One thing to note, if you check out Mugen Holdings website, it breaks down each ingredient here and describes the benefits, which you really do not see these days. Just thought that was pretty cool!

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to note here, pills and they did not have any weird taste and were easy to swallow with the Gelatin coating.

Dosing: This was 2 pills per day. I took one with breakfast and one with lunch to try and not over saturate the body with vitamins and minerals. Of the last 5 multi's I have taken, this was the easiest to dose and had the least amount of pills.

This is always the challenging part. Really hard to tell what a Multi is doing for you. Prior to finishing my last multi vitamin, and taking this I had about a 10 day gap. In the period of those 10 days I was working a lot, and getting little sleep, which always results in me getting a sore throat. I did have a sore throat for a few days and luckily at that time Endo showed up, and no kidding after a day of taking this the sore throat was gone. As well early last week, I was starting to feel real run down, the temperature dropped from the low 60s (farenheit) to mid 30s and snowing. I started to have that feeling I was about to get a cold or something, but sure as anything, boom, the feeling was gone after a day or two. So my biggest gauge on a multi is if I felt sick or not or got that elusive sore throat. i can say with confience this multi helped me out a lot in that department and definitely warded off any impending sickness. Hell, I even got my flu shot two weeks ago, and had no weird effects. So yes, this does protect your body against any viruses or what not.

Endo does not have any wild claims and just states they are their for multi vitamin and mineral support which is exactly what is done here. I did not really feel an increase in energy levels while taking this, but I usually do not from a multi since I am a bit of a stim junkie. Overall, I think this multi did a nice job!

On the Mugen Holdings website you can grab a 30 day supply for $35, however now on Amazon you can grab it for $25 (as of 12 Nov 17). That turns out to be 83 cents a day which is a bit steep in my opinion. There are plenty of other Multi's out there with similar dosing plus some extra's like joint, greens, or amino support that are cheaper. I imagine this is due to the company being new, but overall its a bit up there in price at the moment.

Side Effects

Green/Yellowish urine, but thatch expected. Was fairly light compared to other multi's I have taken, likely due to my splitting the dosage throughout the day.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a nice multivitamin. Not a bad start for Mugen Holdings to stake their claim in the supplement world. Their dosing for the most part is good, with some notable exceptions mentioned above. Right now the price is a bit steep, but at least you are getting a quality multi that does work. As I said this aided me in staying healthy and battling my sore throat monster for the last 30 days so it did its job. Overall, I do recommend this multi, so if you are in the market for a multi and want to try something new, give it a shot.

November 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick
  • Minor Side Effects

Hey there SR team, LionHeart here, once again with another spine tingling review. This go around sharing my experience with Mugen ENDO, a multivitamin from Mugen Holdings. First of all, many thanks to the folks at Mugen for giving me the opportunity to take this product for a spin. ENDO is a daily multivitamin with a simple profile and solid dosages. A little about me, for those of you not bored to tears with hearing about me, I'm a 47 year old supplement junkie, always trying to find the products that will help me defy the aging process and help me out in life and the gym. Cardio and weight training 3 times per week. OK, enough about me, let's get to ENDO.

Well. since the ingredient panel is posted, I'll just cover some of the key points I noted with ENDO. First off, this is a simple, straightforward multi, none of the added, sometimes ridiculous, under dosed, ingredients that have no value and are included in other products just to increase the size of the panel, at least to me. ENDO provides monster dosages of B complex, vitamin C, D3, and vitamin E, along with a huge dose of zinc. Another thing I liked was a solid does of both Iodine and Boron. I was disappointed in the minuscule dose of vitamin K, but at least it's in there, some products leave it out all together. The profile is rounded out by small doses of CoQ10 and lycopene along with some others. All in all, a nice simple profile here.

Where I find ENDO really excels is in it's simple profile, as I'm sure most everyone here can relate, I take multiple supplements on a daily basis and usually run stacks for T boosting, weight training, and general well being. Being simple, you don't run the risk of getting too much of something from let's say a natural t booster, because it's also included in your multi, so big plus there. I believe that a good multi is the foundation of any supplement stack and I think ENDO does a nice job in that capacity.

ENDO comes in capsule form, which is a little different as most multi's are in table form but capsule provide better absorption so I believe this to be a plus. Capsules are normal size and went down easy. Dosage is 2 capsules daily, I took them with breakfast. About as simple as it gets.

While it is difficult to determine the effectiveness of a vitamin, I have to say I felt ENDO was effective in providing what I needed to get thru the day. I felt great while taking it, had good energy and had some great workouts during my run of it. Another benefit I attribute to ENDO is the lack of illness during my run. Here in the north country, the change of seasons usually brings out the cold and flu bugs and even after being exposed to some sick people I did not get sick. Basically, ENDO did it's job in keeping me running smooth and protected me from the bugs.

Well I checked around and it seems that the going rate for ENDO is $35 per bottle and each bottle contains a 30 day supply. As far as vitamins go, this is on the expensive side as you can find good multi's, with bigger profiles, for $15 to $20 for a 30 day supply. That being said, I believe ENDO to be a quality product so it all depends on what you're looking for in a multi and what's your budget.

Side Effects

The only minor side I can say I attribute to ENDO was a few mild headaches are taking on occasion which I attribute to the high dose of zinc. I experienced this when I had a small breakfast with no carbs. On regular breakfast days I had no issues what so ever. It's important that ENDO be taken with food to avoid any sides.

Conclusion

In closing, I will say that I enjoyed my run of ENDO and will consider it in the future depending on what other products I'm planning to run. The simple profile makes it ideal for including in a stack of other products since it will give you what you need and nothing that you don't. While price may be an obstacle for some it's a quality product that does it's job.

LionHeart, signing off...

November 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick

Hi SR, here today to review Mugen Holdings multivitamin called Mugen Endo. For me, multivitamins are a staple. First, my diet is very restrictive consisting mostly of just meat and green vegetables. When you have a diet like this, you are definitely not getting the amount of vitamins and minerals you need on a daily basis so I depend on a multi to fill gaps. Also, I work in education and am constantly around children and their germs. Because of these reason, I always take a multi and usually that is Opti-Men or Rainbow Light Men's one, however I did just finish Go Simple Esstential for Men which I posted a review on recently. Let's break down how this multi worked for me.

I attached the supplement facts and as you can see it has a nice profile. It has all the vitamins and minerals that most multis provide (A, B, C, D, E, zinc, etc.) but also some extras that are usually only found in more premium multis like Iodine from kelp, lycopene, etc. The dosages of the vitamins and minerals are above average for example with C at around 400% and D at 500% and Zinc at 300%. The extras like lycopene, CoQ10 etc have small dosages but honestly all vitamins underdose those extras. Overall, I think this is a solid profile although I would like to see chelated forms, a fruit and veggie blend etc as my diet needs that support and are available in other multis.

No taste, smell, or mixing easy to swallow caps. Dosing is simple with two caps once per day with food. I always took with dinner. Points for simplicity and easy to take directions.

So we all know vitamins are hard to gauge in terms of effectiveness, but I do feel I have some good circumstantial evidence. I had just finished another cycle of a multivitamin called Essential for Men when taking this. I thought it was an average multivitamin, but nothing to write home about and did feel somewhat run down while taking this. Upon starting Mugen Endo, I instantly felt better and had more energy. This could be from the high dosages of the B vitamins but also may speak to the purity of the vitamins in here. I also did not get sick during the entire 30 day run which proves to me that my immune system was working properly. So although multivitamins can't be proven effective most of the time, I felt a lot better once I switched to this vitamin. It provided some added energy even though my diet can be draining so to me this vitamin worked very well.

This is where Endo gets negative points. Currently I can only find this on their website and amazon for $35 for a 30 day supply. At over a $1 a day for the effectiveness it's not that bad, but some of my favorite multis like Opti-Men and Rainbow Light are much cheaper and do provide some extras like the fruit/veggie herbal blends. I really like how this made me feel but other multis do have a better value.

Side Effects

Bright yellow pee.

Conclusion

I think this is a very well made multi with pure ingredients that made me feel better on a daily basis, but needs to come down in price a little.