Yohimbine HCl Capsules Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
Yohimbine HCl Capsules is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by MTS Nutrition. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

March 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Control
  • Chills

I am back for another single ingredient review of a product I ran while taking Drop Factor. I am 45, I need to say that as that next number is dang close..... I am trying to continue getting in better shape and trying to stay up with my kids. While using this I was running Shaun T's "Insanity". If you want to see how I ran this look at my log.

Pages: 56 through 68, I went from 200#s to 194#s

Yohimbine HCL: 2.5mg.
So as far as profile, you can't get much simpler. It is a single ingredient that can be used for weight loss. I am posting 2 separate links that have more information on this ingredient as well. The examine.com article shows uses and doses and such. The tigerfitness article shows how to use and MTS's view on it. For me this is a KISS supplement profile. 1 ingredient, pretty simple.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

These are capsules so there was no taste or mix-ability issues. I understand that isn't always the case, however for this one it is.

Dosing is fairly simple. If you look at my log you will see I tried some different things due to looking at how other people ran it. Directions on the bottle are 1 to 2 capsules per day. As my log shows I started at 1 cap a day to see how it would effect me. At the end of my 2 bottle run I was using 4 caps in a single morning dose. Still pretty darn easy.

Here is the issue. I dropped more weight the first month than I did the second month. I used more product the second month. However I also threw out my back the second month which changed my training. I think that this helped in some way, I'm just not totally sold on it. I think split dosing helped me, but that could of been because I was making sure to take on an empty stomach, so I ended up not snacking as much.

In all fairness I got this free with the powdered version of Drop Factor. I assume this is because the pill form of drop factor has it in it. The good thing was I could up the dose when I wanted to. If you only took 2 caps a day and you had good results its a darn good product. 45 days for 10 bucks? You can't go wrong with that. However if you are bigger (200# and up can take up to 20mg per day) this product starts to lose some value. I found other products in the $9.67 and up price range so this gets a middle of the road price for me.

As of 3/31/2018
$9.99 for 90 caps.

$9.93 for 90 caps.

Side Effects

Sometimes I did get some chills when I was taking this at the higher dosage. Some people have bad reactions to this so please check your tolerance. It can cause some paranoid type feelings in some people.

Conclusion

I think for me I would take this if I run drop factor and get it free. I don't know that I saw a big enough change that I would purchase it myself. I guess the research is interesting and I did drop weight while taking this. The big issue for me is I was on a weight loss product so I am not sure this did anything. I might have to run it again and hope that I don't get injured. Based off my first month I would say yeah add it, then I look at month 2 where I only lost 2 pounds and I say... Not really worth it. I also think that if you are closer to "stage" weight this might help push you that little bit further. For me though it is just a Meh........

February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stim-free
  • Targerted Fat Loss
  • Appetite Control
  • Libido Support
  • Bad Feeling If Over-dosed
  • Increased Sweating

Hello all! Full intro from the forum can be found here >> https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

I purchased this item because I had been seeing a lot of research and articles mentioning Yohimbe/Yohimbine and I wanted to give a try myself to see if the claims are true. I have taken other products that included this as an ingredient but never had it in pill form on its own. I needed some extra product to add to my order to reach the free shipping mark, so I decided to throw this in and give it a try.

The ingredient profile is short and to the point for this product. 8mg of vitamin C and 2.5mg of Yohimbe Bark Extract (std. min. 98% Yohimbine HCL) per capsule. Other ingredients include Microcrystalline Cellulose, Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicone Dioxide.

For a little background information on Yohimbe, below is some information directly from the Tigerfitness.com website:

"Yohimbe is harvested from trees grown in Africa and is used and sold as a supplement for fat loss and male sexuality. Yohimbine is a component of yohimbe and is the main alkaloid (and main active component) within yohimbe that produces the desired effects such as fat loss and male function.

We want the Yohimbine HCl-the ACTIVE EXTRACT-- not yohimbe bark which tends to not be accurately dosed. Thus, DO NOT BUY the bark, get the HCl version, that way, we know what dose we are getting and can control the amount carefully, thus minimizing any side effects and maximizing results."

Taste >> This product is in pill form, so there is no taste associated with it.

Mixability >> Like taste, mixability does not apply to this product. Simply open the bottle and consume the desired number of capsules.

Dosing >> This is where things can get tricky with this supplement. It is recommended on the bottle that you start off with one capsule to asses your tolerance then increase the dosage if no undesirable side effects are felt. The increase will also depend on your body weight as the smaller person will likely feel the effects of this product at a lower dosage. Below is what is recommended by the person who created the brand of this supplement, Marc Lobliner:

"Based on the studies we have examined, I recommend working up to 0.2mg/Kg of bodyweight. So that means a 220lb bodybuilder (divide by 2.2 to get Kg) is 100Kg and would work up to a dose of 20mg of Yohimbine HCl, or eight capsules of MTS Nutrition Yohimbine HCl. I would typically start this person at one capsule and work up towards the full dose each consecutive session the person had no undesirable side effects."

Personally, I have never felt the need to use more than three capsules at any one time. For reference, I am 6'3" tall and approximately 225 pounds. I also want to avoid the side effects of this product at all costs, so any added benefit of creeping closer to my tolerance is not worth the negative effects if I happen to go over.

As for effectiveness, this product does exactly what it is intended to do. Once you find your ideal dose, the effects can be felt each and every time and they can not be attributed simply to a stim buzz. In terms of fat loss, this will make you sweat quite profusely, even when I took only one capsule. As I added more, thermogenisis continued to increase. If you do not like to sweat or are subconscious about sweating in a gym, think twice about taking this product.

This product was also effective for me with appetite control. Taken in conjunction with cardio, there were times I had no appetite at all. This is extremely rare because I LOVE food and can eat continuously if I wanted to. If you are someone who is contest prepping and on low macros, this would be a great product to add to your supplement stack.

Claims made by this product that I can not attest to personally are the "targeted fat loss" and libido support. The science shows that Yohimbine is supposed to target the mid section area for men and the hips/thighs for women. I did not notice any significant change to my mid section by using this product beyond what I expected to see from being in a calorie deficit. In regards to libido support, I know Yohimbine increases blood flow throughout the body, which could possibly help men with certain types of issues where lack of blood flow and the bedroom mix. Based on the science, this could help with that but I have no experiences to share.

Beyond all the personal stories I have shared about effectiveness, below is what the product claims on the website, again from MTS CEO Marc Lobliner:

"HOW DOES Y-HCL WORK?

Yohimbine works on the alpha receptors. Alpha receptors inhibit fat breakdown, so wherever they are abundant, you have a harder time losing fat in that area. For example, they are in high concentration in men's lower back and abs and in women's hips and thighs. Yohimbine HCl acts as an alpha receptor blocker. Since alpha receptors inhibit fat breakdown, and Yohimbine HCl inhibits alpha receptors, the net result is that you get an INCREASE in fat breakdown. Thus, you get a significant increase in fat breakdown directly from an area that normally is the hardest place to lose it from."

"As I was discussing with Joe Daniels of Swing This Kettlebells, Yohimbine HCl's effects work the best in the absence of insulin, and its effects start to diminish the more insulin is present. But this doesn't mean that you cannot eat carbs! Insulin will usually be under control on a lower carb diet, like most trainers will put you on. Obviously, cardio first thing in the morning is a good time and even post workout. What you can do is take the Yohimbine HCl DURING your weight training workout 15-20 minutes before you are done. Then, hop on the cardio post weights and BAM-FAT BLAST!"

Currently this product sells on Tigerfitness.com for $9.99 for 90 capsules. Depending on your tolerance and how many capsules you need to use each time will determine the value for this product. Most often I only used two capsules at a time, so a new bottle would last me 45 days. For a product that produces good results and will last me over a month, $10 is a great value looking at the big picture of my supplement stack. For the smaller person and likely a good number of females, you will only need one capsule, therefore a single bottle will last you three months if you take it every day.

Side Effects

Side effects are definitely present with this product when you take more than your body can handle. This is the main reason it is recommended you start off with only one capsule at a time. Gym bros who have the mindset of "If one is good then three must be better" will likely pay the price for that stupidity. Taking too much Yohimbine will cause your heart to race and make it feel like you are having a heart attack. You will also likely be sweating a lot and your mental acuity will be diminished until the concentration decreases. I would relate an overdose of this product to the worse feeling you can remember from having a cold and/or the flu. You will feel like garbage and not be able to function

Conclusion

In conclusion, even with all the possible side effects I listed above, I would definitely recommend this product to any avid gym goer, especially if you have hit a plateau in your weight loss goals. Just be smart with the dosage in the beginning and slowly work your way up if you feel the need to. Also be aware of other products that you are taking and if those also include a form of Yohimbe. I can not stress enough, you do not want to feel the effects of an overdose.

If you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will get back to you.

Thank you for reading!