Machine Carb 10 Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

Energy Supplements > Carbohydrates
Machine Carb 10 is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by MTS Nutrition. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.

Overall
Overall
9.9
9.2

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flavorless
  • Gassy

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
As I get older, I am constantly on the look out, trying make sure that the products and ingredients I am ingesting are of the highest quality. MTS Nutrition seems to always deliver on that front. Reviewing Carb10, it is important to know that I have started using this supplement as preworkout enerygy, coming from fasted training. It is the first carb product that I use, so I e cannot compare it to the likes of Super Carb (cyclic dextrin) or other fast digesting carbs like dextrose or maltodetrie. I have ow used carb 10 so a solid moth and a half (2lb tub) and just recently purchased a 5lbs tub as I liked the product that much.

Since I have only tried the unflavored version, the ingredient list is pretty short. It starts with its carb source which is pisum sativum (a starch derived from peas). It is a low osmosis carb, so it is digested very quickly, but at the same time, it doesn't provide an insulin spike. It bases through the stomac very quickly, unaffecting the GI tract and then settles in the small intestine, where it is broken down slowly. This is what provides the sustained energy from the supplement, without the crash afterwards.

Silicon dioxide: After the main carb ingredient, silicon dioxide is included. It is just a molecule made up of silicon and oxygen. It is used in supplements as an anti caking ingredient. It is presumable added in carb10 to prevent clumping. It works, as I have never had any issues with texture. It is always almost powdery in consistency.

Sucralose: Sucralose is added next, even in the unflavored version. I'm not sure why it is added as the goal of the unflavored version is to add to already flavoured pre, intra, or post workout supplements. I could only assume that it masks some unwanted flavors of the pea starch.

Salt: 15mg of sodium is found in each serving. It probably helps in flavouring the supplement slightly. Since it is used around training, it can provide support to balance electrolytes levels within the body. I don't think there is a need here to go into more detail on sodium. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cellulose: This is an indigestible fiber used to enhance the bioavailability of the other nutrients.

Taste: the unflavored version doesn't really have a taste. Because of the added sucralose, you can detect a subtle sweetness. I wouldn't drink it on its own, but added to a preworkout, it does sweeten it up a little. I never had to adjust water levels due to over sweetness however. It just seemed to improve the taste of the preworkout in th slightest.

Mixability: As I mentioned earlier, it is almost powdery and very consistently that way. Therefore, it mixes in very well with anything, with minimal effort. A shaker cup, blender, or glass and spoon all worked well without any granularity or foaming.

Dosing: Each contained (2lbs) has about 31 servings at 29g. I found that to be accurate. I did find however that one level scoop does not provide 29g. It is almost always over by a few grams. This could be inconvenient for some people. I usually measure all of my supplmenets anyway, so it was not a big deal for me. Being a straight carb (more/less), 29g containers 100 calories. The extra grams most likely come from the additives listed above.

In terms of effectiveness, I found this to be very effective. I did, start using this as a preworkout, coming from fasted to training, so it goes without saying that I automatically felt more energy in the gym. I will say however, that I have been very surprised at home much energy I have had. I feel as tough i have more energy tha expected. And even though it has been more that a month since taking this, I still consistently feel the energy difference.

I also mentioned above that there is no energy crash after taking this supplement and this is true on a consistent basis. I never feel overly full or lethargic. I just seem to have a clean, long lasting energy, which help with my recovery from day to day. It these respect, I would say that it is very effective. Although I have not tried any other carb source, I don't plan on switching any time soon as I just feel really good in the gym when taking carb10.

I terms of value, it will never compare to food based carbs as things like oats and sweet potato are pretty cheap. However, when looking at other carb supplements, it is very reasonable priced. As I write this, a 31 serving cost $28.99 whereas something like Super Carb is at somewhere around $55 for 60 servings and Vitargo is at $63 for 25 servings (on Amazon$).

Side Effects

The only side effect that I have experienced with Carb 10 is gassyness. I think this could be said for many Carb sources, but with only, it could sometimes be pretty embarrassing. There have been several occasion where my wife would not stand next to me in public due to this issue. Not sure if the same could be said for other sources but I would imagine that it is not a unique problem.

Conclusion

I beleive that MTS Nutrition has another successful supplement with Carb10. If you're looking for a quality supplement for quick and easy energy in the gym without the crash, insulin spike and GI distress, then give Carb 10 a try. Let me know how you like it. I haven't found many reviews on it myself.

• Clipper83
    April 5, 2017

Just finished a tub of this myself and really liked it. I'd argue that it would start to settle in my shaker cup rather quickly though.

Nice review

• gervs11
    April 5, 2017

Thanks for confirming. I tend to continuously shake my cup as I drink, and I only took it pre workout so it wasn't in my cup very long. Thanks for adding that it does settle after a while. Did you have the flavoured or unflavored version?

• MarsheS
    April 5, 2017

Did you get the Value number wrong (7.8) or is that correct?? If 7.8 is correct, how can the Overall be 9.9?? So price is only affecting 0.1? Excluding that, nice review, glad to see a review of a product like this because it's a different category of supplement.

• Clipper83
    April 6, 2017

Unflavored, typically mix it with my pre or intra bcaa

• gervs11
    April 6, 2017

I love the product and what it does. My overall rating was mostly based on that. The value is lower due to the fact that it does cost more than whole food carbs, but I don't beleive that that is enough to earn it a lower score. That's how I saw it. Maybe I'm wrong?