Clash Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Clash reviews.

Overall
Overall
  March 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Muscle Power
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Lacks Focus
  • Not Enough Energy

I want to thank both Clipper and Tomey for creating the Bounty Program and giving us European troopers a chance to try new products! I'm a college student that is currently cutting for summer.

With a big list comes a big scoop:

- L-Citrulline (6g) : L-Citrulline has the ability to increase nitric oxide production, allowing your blood vessels to expand and dilate. This ingredient in itself has many benefits such as aiding in shuttling nutrients to the working muscles, promoting healthy energy levels, and improving blood flow.

- Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (5g) : Creatine is capable of providing the working muscles with energy to allow you to push harder in the gym, all while helping to reduce muscle fatigue. It doesn't just stop there. If creatine is added to a solid training protocol, individuals have the ability to improve their overall strength and body composition.

- CarnoSyn Beta Alanine (3.2g) : Carnosyn has been shown to not only improve recovery time and muscle endurance but also delay fatigue.

- Betaine Anhydrous (2g) : It can aid in providing a pump during exercise, as well as improving blood flow and nutrient transport. Betaine is also able to help improve endurance where more work is able to be completed prior to fatigue.

- Agmatine Sulfate (1.5g) : It's used to aid in providing a pump/vasodilation and it is great for mental functioning such as mental health, stress management, and mental clarity

- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (500 mg) : Tyrosine can help with mental focus and cognitive function by increasing the levels of norepinephrine.

- Caffeine (Anhydrous) (250 mg) : Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation

- Theacrine (as TeaCrine) (100mg) : Teacrine is a great sustainable energy booster that doesn't cause irritability, jitters, or the normal crash associated with many stimulants

- Theobromine (100mg) : Along with the energy boost, expect to feel nootropic effects where you attain a feeling of relaxation

- Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate (68 mg): It is an ionic bond of caffeine and malic acid which can increase mental focus and energy (Infinergy). In addition, Infinergy increases thermogenesis which can aid in weight loss.

- N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI (20 mg): Enhances energy levels by utilizing fat and breaking it down into a usable energy source

- Hordenine HCI (20 mg) : It can help enhance muscular contractions (This allows you to have intense contractions during resistance training, breaking down muscle fibers to be rebuilt stronger and larger.

Worth saying that they are using the highest quality possible on beta alanine and creatine.

- Product is available in Fruit Punch (I think they may have discontinued this one), Grape Splash, Green Apple and Rainbow Sherbet. The one I got to try was Green Apple which was tolerable but not good. I've heard people say that the Fruit Punch one is horrible and Rainbow Sherbet is delicious.

- Mixability was fine, it is a big scoop with a lot of active ingredients, so it won't be 100% mixed but it was pretty close.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout.

I'm going to break down the effectiveness in different sections as I always try to do:

- Energy: The product gives clean and steady energy, but personally it was not enough; while it got me through my workouts without any problem, it didn't get me "hyped" to lift. There are different caffeine sources + teacrine mixed in here but I would have loved to see 300 mg of caffeine anhydrous instead of 250 + 68 of dicaffeine malate. I can see this being an important factor to people that are sensitive to stims or train late at night tho. It's to say I experience NO CRASH whatsoever.

- Muscle power: It was great, I took a break from creatine as my bottle ran out and as soon as I started using the product I could feel my lifts going up again even though I was (and still am) in a calorie deficit. I feel like muscle power makes a huge impact when cutting, not because you are maintaining your strength per se, but mentally it makes you not feel weak and kind of motivates you to keep going forward.

- Endurance: Everyone loves beta-alanine, it's one of those ingredients that works, and works very well, 3.2 grams (full clinical dose) gets you more and more reps when going for a long set or when training with rest pauses/drop sets, which is always nice. I loved this aspect of the product.

- Focus: There wasn't any besides the typical effect that caffeine has on alertness.

- Pumps: I'm not the biggest fan of L-Citrulline as I think there are better alternatives out there such as Vaso6 and Hydromax that require less than 4-6 grams to be effective. Nonetheless, pump was good but not great, like I mentioned on my Vasky review, if you want to go the extra mile you will need to pair Clash with Vasky to get the full muscle volume, pump and vascularity effects. All in all, by itself it was good but nothing mind-blowing.

I think that covers it all, as you can see the product delivers in key areas (besides focus, energy is up to your likings).

You get 20 servings out of the tub and its regular retail price is around 37 dollars, which is about 1.85 dollars per serv. We've seen cheaper products and we've seen way more expensive ones, given that you are getting high quality ingredients and most of them fully dosed, I think the price is not bad.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This should be one of your top priorities if you are looking for a pre workout that is not mainly energy based, but performance based. You have your endurance on point, your muscle power on point and solid pumps. However, when choosing between different products such as the ones that are at the top of this website's list, energy will be the defining factor. If you are looking for one that is not overly stimmed give this one a try, if you want high-octane energy, look elsewhere.
  • Green Apple: 5/10

• dmf8625
    March 28, 2018

In terms of flavors, avoid the fruit punch at all costs! They really messed up there with something. The rainbow sherbet is the best by far IMO.

Excellent, detailed review on a loaded product!