Clash Reviews

Overall
Overall
3.0

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Not The Energy I Preferred
  • Great Ingredients And Purity Just Wrong Combination
  • Not Enough Energy
  • Not The Correct Energy To Be Specific
  • Taste Like Medicine

- I would like to thank PricePlow for sending me this product. I was very excited for the longest time to try after the update, but was immediately let down. I'll explain why below.

I would like to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of a long list of ingredients. I feel more is better, but this is not my favorite combination of ingredients even though the list is long.

L-Citrulline: (6g):
This is used to target the pump. Personally, it's under-dosed. 8g is my minimum standard. But, I do like how Malate is not involved. I feel it's not higher because of how much other ingredients are involved. Citrulline is my #1 favorite ingredient for pump.

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate: (5g):
This is known for promoting strength and size; while increasing time under tension. BUT, I don't believe Creatine should be in a PreWorkout. Creatine doesn't work instantly, it takes time for the full effect. I suggest supplementing Creatine separately, unless you are taking PreWorkout everyday containing Creatine. Then so be it. But, most of the time PreWorkout isn't consumed daily and/or doesn't contain enough Creatine to rely on for rest of the day. *This PreWorkout contains a full daily dose.

Betaine Anhydrous: (2g)
This is known as Trimethylglycine or Beet Root. Betaine has numerous of benefits, but it's used to target the pump like Citrulline. 2g is a popular dose, but I would like to see 3g. This ingredient is my #2 favorite ingredient for the pump. Creatine would be my second one, BUT Betaine is more active then Creatine. Betaine drives water into the cell causing it to swell as does Creatine, but Creatine takes more time for the swelling to occur. Also, Betaine and Choline have a relationship and I LOVE choline. Why? Mind Muscle Connection!

Agmatine Sulfate: (1.5g)
This is used to target the pump as well. Like Citrulline and Betaine, BUT I don't like it. I've tried it stand alone and nothing happened. No pump. Nothing. I tried as high as 4g and as low as 500mg. Nothing. I knew it was trash when I first took it. It's like it TOOK AWAY the pump. How do I know? The PreWorkout I tried before first trying Agmatine was the SAME profile, just no Agmatine. Plus, I've experimented to know. It simply takes away the pump for me and may for you.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: (500mg)
This is used to target your mind. And it works! 500mg is a great dose, BUT again the Agmatine took away the feeling. Dymatize used this ingredient at a lower dose and I felt how it's suppose to work. Same goes for TeaCrine. This PreWorkout has be all looks so far.

Caffeine (Anhydrous): (250mg)
The most popular ingredient that I feel is 50g over-dosed in this product. I'm picky on Caffeine dosing when other stimulants are involved. This product gives me the jitters and I hate the jitters. I would like to see a lower content by 50g, but I'm sure some of you might like the way this makes you feel because I could of said this is a perfect dose if I was a stim junkie. :)

Theacrine (as TeaCrine): (100mg)
This is a fairly new ingredient being used. It mimics caffeine, but in a more smoother and cleaner way. I still get the jitters from this product, so it seems that TeaCrine isn't working. Or I'm just weird. But, this ingredient does work and makes me feel more uplifted compared to caffeine.

Theobromine: (100mg)
This is used for energy and mood. Again, it works but I don't feel it like I should when taking this product. Too many conflicting ingredients.

Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate: (68mg)
This is used for energy like the above 3 ingredients are. I am not experienced much with this ingredient, but it doesn't seem to work for me when taking this product. Infinergy is suppose to be subtle like Theobromine, but I get the jitters when taking this product. You may or may not, but I do.

N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI: (20mg)
I feel this is causing the jitters, especially when mixed with Hordenine. Something about these two hanging out bothers me. I don't have much to say about this ingredient as I don't take it much. Plus, every little time I take PreWorkout containing this ingredient the workout seem to suck.

Hordenine HCI: (20mg)
I love this ingredient because it's been known to help increase muscle contractions. I naturally enjoy trying to squeeze my muscles to their fullest potential, so it's okay if this isn't working when taking this product. I can do what this ingredient does on my own, but it's nice to know it's there.

Beta-Alanine: (3.2g)
This is used to work out longer by buffering the burn. I believe it works, BUT in a way like Creatine. Beta-Alanine can cause a tingling feeling similar to how a niacin flush feels, but that doesn't mean it's working. It's just a feeling. This product doesn't give me the tingles. Most products don't. I suggest supplementing Beta-Alanine separately. You'll notice more companies not including Beta-Alanine due to the same concept as Creatine.

Sodium (20mg)
This is an electrolyte. I use it for the pump and appreciate the fact this product contains it. But, it doesn't do anything for me when taking this product.

- Taste - Nope. Don't like it. Fruit Punch is the only flavor I've tried, but it taste like medicine. Just nasty. You know those nasty PreWorkouts? Well this is one of them.

- Mixability - The color is clear and pretty, but there are tons of floaters. When you get to the bottom the taste gets even worse due to the massive amount of floaters hanging out. :/

- Dosing - I take one scoop. One scoop is enough because I get very jittery. I will not go over or under 1 scoop. If I'm going to take less than one scoop, I would rather take a different product.

- I go to the gym with a prepared and ready mind. This PreWorkout takes away my focus and gives me a slight sense of anxiety. I can handle it, but I don't have to. I get jittery. Shakes. No sweats, but I don't like the feeling I get when taking this. You may experience this or you may not, but I do. Regarding the pump, it should be there, but I feel the jitters take away my romance with the pump. I mean the pump is there, but I'm not too excited about it. The jitters do go away about 2 hours after training, but I'd rather not experience them at all. I want to say I was focused, but mainly focused on the fact I felt like a human vibrator.

- I didn't purchase this product. I don't see it on BodyBuilding.com, but I wouldn't pay no more than $40 for this. That's a semi high price. Even though I think this is trash, that doesn't take away from the 22g scoop. Marc put love into this PreWorkout, but personally the wrong combination of 22g. TigerFitness has it cheaper than I would buy it for. That's a plus.

Side Effects

- Jitters. Shakes. Anxiety. And DIARRHEA. I would get diarrhea like every other time taking this. My nutrition was the same each day, but I still got diarrhea.

Conclusion

- It seems I don't have much good to say. I use the word "but" a lot. It doesn't taste good. I don't look forward to drinking it each time just to finish it. The labeling is cool and Marc is awesome, but I just wouldn't buy it or recommend it over other products. If it was free, like it was for me, then yes I will try it. I'm picky, but not out of my mind. I rate this an overall 5 because it's half the PreWorkout compared to others even though the ingredients list is long. I give a 5 for effectiveness because it works, but not in the way I prefer. You will for sure feel this PreWorkout and I'm curious to know what happens, but there are other products I would recommend at similar prices over this one.
  • Fruit Punch: 1/10

• dmf8625
    March 30, 2018

In your pros and cons, you list energy in both. Pro: not the energy you preferred. Cons: not enough energy and not the correct energy. The review then mentions you want the caffeine amount reduced. What would you change about the ingredients list for this product?

• dmf8625
    March 30, 2018

Also, how many pre's on the market have 8g of pure L-Citrulline in one scoop? 6g is the efficacious dose used in research.

• bctuthill
    March 30, 2018

I'm on the fence. The ratings seem savage for what's actually in here, but the site (SR) has a buffer to limit the effects of one bad review. I also agree with DMF THAT 6g is a more than reasonable dose. I only know of a handful of pwo's with more.

I completely agree about agmatine taking away from pumps. I'm never excited to see that on a label. Overall I think you did a great job in the ingredients.

I'm a little confused in effectiveness.... you got a pump, but weren't excited about it?

Also, you can probably find this for sale elsewhere besides bb.com.

• Admin_
    March 30, 2018

I think it's a solid review. Others are wondering about the low justification despite the solid profile and decent energy , but it seems you got some bad sides.

As far as price goes, Googling "MTS Clash" shows 3 places to get it: TigerFitness.com, Amazon.com and MTSNutrition.com, (even an ad to buy on M&S), for the lowest price of $36.99. As a TROOPer (looks like you'll be there soon), a lot of companies won't mention the price when they send you the product, but you'll need to do some quick googling to figure out how much it would have cost.

• jamesjsix
    March 30, 2018

I think this review is pretty well done, its pretty harsh on the product but its well backed up what the issues of the product were. With the jitters and other issues you had with it, I can understand where you rated it as you did despite the clinical dosage of many of the ingredients, just seems like a bad combo of good ingredients for you.

• Brotein
    March 30, 2018

Stated it works but just not in the way he'd prefer. I don't see the problem here

• deBruijn
    March 30, 2018

Nice review, personally I have some ingredients I don't respond to that well either. The variety in ratings comes from personal preference, tolerance etc.

• htevans
    March 30, 2018

I think this was a decent review. While I disagree with some of the notions in the Ingredient Profile section, I think that you did pretty well there. I agree that the value section could use a little more work but I also think that your effectiveness could be a little longer - even if it is just a bit more descriptive. I'm still giving you the upvote though because 1) I think it is a pretty good start considering how many of us started off here 2) I think that someone looking to use Clash would find this helpful in deciding whether or not to take the product. On a side note, the last time I used Clash I got similar feelings of anxiety and uneasiness - didn't happen the first time I took it though.

• royalapple

Answers.

I wasn't exited about the pump because I was too focused on how I was feeling. Where at other times I'm just always flexing and looking in the mirror.

I'm learning from your comments to be more specific. 6g Citrulline is plenty, I just like 8g. Even if it's 8g CitMalate, but not 6g Yes, there aren't much out there.

And I did list energy on both sides. It gave me energy. I felt a difference when taking, but not the energy I prefer. I did say I would lower the Caffeine, but I wouldn't change anything about the product. I am just trying and experiencing.

I use BB.com because it's most popular. I find great deals else where, but I like to use BB.com as my first comparisons.

• bctuthill
    March 30, 2018

lol don't get stuck in the mirror and forget to lift! Makes sense to me- vote is cast!

• Clipper83
    March 30, 2018

Marc probably threw his legos across the room when he saw this lol

• MarsheS
    March 30, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-03-30 13:57:26

Hi, welcome to SR. You put a lot of effort into this Preworkout so good job, thumbs up. Even though the scores seem to be very severe based on the ingredients, I think you were able to explain and justify the reasons, so good job. I would like to make a few comments and questions though:

1. You mention this: ""Citrulline is my #1 favorite ingredient for pump."" And then you say this: ""This ingredient (- referring to Betaine - ) is my #2 favorite ingredient for the pump. Creatine would be my second one."" You're saying Betaine is your #2 and Creatine is also #2, probably you meant to say Creatine is your THIRD one so if you can edit that part, cool.

2. Question: When you began taking MTS Clash, how long did you rest from stimulant preworkouts/stimulants?

3. You didn't mention anything about strength, I'm curious about it considering this has several ingredients to help with that... unless your workout isn't focused on strength?

4. Your diarrhea could be caused by several reasons, that don't exclude each other: Could be the high citrulline amount. High amounts of Citrulline usually cause some Diarrhea before working out, it doesn't always happen but don't be surprised if it happens. I call it the "intestine cleaner" lol. Another reason could be the high amount of stimulants. Did you try using half scoop to see if you would still get diarrhea??

5. You talked about bad mixability. Did you add the powder first and then the liquid or did you add the liquid first and then the powder?? Your description makes me think you chose the wrong way but that's why I'm asking first.

6. You mention you're a huge fan of long list ingredients. Can you mention other preworkouts that you have taken that have a long list of ingredients and that have that minimum of 8g Citrulline that you talk about?? Or you add Citrulline separately?

• royalapple
    March 30, 2018

MarsheS. You killing me haha.

Creatine would be my second favorite pump ingredient if it was as active as Citrulline or Betaine. Creatine is so good, but the time it takes to work ranks lower on my list of pump ingredients. I just need to word my sentences better I guess.

I add water before the powder. I'm picky, but dang that's new to me ahah. Interesting.

And yes I add Citrulline most of the time. I will do better on how I talk about Citrulline.