Clash Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

Clash is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MTS Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

3.0
  March 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Not The Energy I Preferred
  • Great Ingredients And Purity Just Wrong Combination
  • Not Enough Energy
  • Not The Correct Energy To Be Specific
  • Taste Like Medicine

- I would like to thank PricePlow for sending me this product. I was very excited for the longest time to try after the update, but was immediately let down. I'll explain why below.

I would like to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of a long list of ingredients. I feel more is better, but this is not my favorite combination of ingredients even though the list is long.

L-Citrulline: (6g):
This is used to target the pump. Personally, it's under-dosed. 8g is my minimum standard. But, I do like how Malate is not involved. I feel it's not higher because of how much other ingredients are involved. Citrulline is my #1 favorite ingredient for pump.

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate: (5g):
This is known for promoting strength and size; while increasing time under tension. BUT, I don't believe Creatine should be in a PreWorkout. Creatine doesn't work instantly, it takes time for the full effect. I suggest supplementing Creatine separately, unless you are taking PreWorkout everyday containing Creatine. Then so be it. But, most of the time PreWorkout isn't consumed daily and/or doesn't contain enough Creatine to rely on for rest of the day. *This PreWorkout contains a full daily dose.

Betaine Anhydrous: (2g)
This is known as Trimethylglycine or Beet Root. Betaine has numerous of benefits, but it's used to target the pump like Citrulline. 2g is a popular dose, but I would like to see 3g. This ingredient is my #2 favorite ingredient for the pump. Creatine would be my second one, BUT Betaine is more active then Creatine. Betaine drives water into the cell causing it to swell as does Creatine, but Creatine takes more time for the swelling to occur. Also, Betaine and Choline have a relationship and I LOVE choline. Why? Mind Muscle Connection!

Agmatine Sulfate: (1.5g)
This is used to target the pump as well. Like Citrulline and Betaine, BUT I don't like it. I've tried it stand alone and nothing happened. No pump. Nothing. I tried as high as 4g and as low as 500mg. Nothing. I knew it was trash when I first took it. It's like it TOOK AWAY the pump. How do I know? The PreWorkout I tried before first trying Agmatine was the SAME profile, just no Agmatine. Plus, I've experimented to know. It simply takes away the pump for me and may for you.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: (500mg)
This is used to target your mind. And it works! 500mg is a great dose, BUT again the Agmatine took away the feeling. Dymatize used this ingredient at a lower dose and I felt how it's suppose to work. Same goes for TeaCrine. This PreWorkout has be all looks so far.

Caffeine (Anhydrous): (250mg)
The most popular ingredient that I feel is 50g over-dosed in this product. I'm picky on Caffeine dosing when other stimulants are involved. This product gives me the jitters and I hate the jitters. I would like to see a lower content by 50g, but I'm sure some of you might like the way this makes you feel because I could of said this is a perfect dose if I was a stim junkie. :)

Theacrine (as TeaCrine): (100mg)
This is a fairly new ingredient being used. It mimics caffeine, but in a more smoother and cleaner way. I still get the jitters from this product, so it seems that TeaCrine isn't working. Or I'm just weird. But, this ingredient does work and makes me feel more uplifted compared to caffeine.

Theobromine: (100mg)
This is used for energy and mood. Again, it works but I don't feel it like I should when taking this product. Too many conflicting ingredients.

Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate: (68mg)
This is used for energy like the above 3 ingredients are. I am not experienced much with this ingredient, but it doesn't seem to work for me when taking this product. Infinergy is suppose to be subtle like Theobromine, but I get the jitters when taking this product. You may or may not, but I do.

N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI: (20mg)
I feel this is causing the jitters, especially when mixed with Hordenine. Something about these two hanging out bothers me. I don't have much to say about this ingredient as I don't take it much. Plus, every little time I take PreWorkout containing this ingredient the workout seem to suck.

Hordenine HCI: (20mg)
I love this ingredient because it's been known to help increase muscle contractions. I naturally enjoy trying to squeeze my muscles to their fullest potential, so it's okay if this isn't working when taking this product. I can do what this ingredient does on my own, but it's nice to know it's there.

Beta-Alanine: (3.2g)
This is used to work out longer by buffering the burn. I believe it works, BUT in a way like Creatine. Beta-Alanine can cause a tingling feeling similar to how a niacin flush feels, but that doesn't mean it's working. It's just a feeling. This product doesn't give me the tingles. Most products don't. I suggest supplementing Beta-Alanine separately. You'll notice more companies not including Beta-Alanine due to the same concept as Creatine.

Sodium (20mg)
This is an electrolyte. I use it for the pump and appreciate the fact this product contains it. But, it doesn't do anything for me when taking this product.

- Taste - Nope. Don't like it. Fruit Punch is the only flavor I've tried, but it taste like medicine. Just nasty. You know those nasty PreWorkouts? Well this is one of them.

- Mixability - The color is clear and pretty, but there are tons of floaters. When you get to the bottom the taste gets even worse due to the massive amount of floaters hanging out. :/

- Dosing - I take one scoop. One scoop is enough because I get very jittery. I will not go over or under 1 scoop. If I'm going to take less than one scoop, I would rather take a different product.

- I go to the gym with a prepared and ready mind. This PreWorkout takes away my focus and gives me a slight sense of anxiety. I can handle it, but I don't have to. I get jittery. Shakes. No sweats, but I don't like the feeling I get when taking this. You may experience this or you may not, but I do. Regarding the pump, it should be there, but I feel the jitters take away my romance with the pump. I mean the pump is there, but I'm not too excited about it. The jitters do go away about 2 hours after training, but I'd rather not experience them at all. I want to say I was focused, but mainly focused on the fact I felt like a human vibrator.

- I didn't purchase this product. I don't see it on BodyBuilding.com, but I wouldn't pay no more than $40 for this. That's a semi high price. Even though I think this is trash, that doesn't take away from the 22g scoop. Marc put love into this PreWorkout, but personally the wrong combination of 22g. TigerFitness has it cheaper than I would buy it for. That's a plus.

Side Effects

- Jitters. Shakes. Anxiety. And DIARRHEA. I would get diarrhea like every other time taking this. My nutrition was the same each day, but I still got diarrhea.

Conclusion

- It seems I don't have much good to say. I use the word "but" a lot. It doesn't taste good. I don't look forward to drinking it each time just to finish it. The labeling is cool and Marc is awesome, but I just wouldn't buy it or recommend it over other products. If it was free, like it was for me, then yes I will try it. I'm picky, but not out of my mind. I rate this an overall 5 because it's half the PreWorkout compared to others even though the ingredients list is long. I give a 5 for effectiveness because it works, but not in the way I prefer. You will for sure feel this PreWorkout and I'm curious to know what happens, but there are other products I would recommend at similar prices over this one.
  • Fruit Punch: 1/10

March 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Muscle Power
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Lacks Focus
  • Not Enough Energy

I want to thank both Clipper and Tomey for creating the Bounty Program and giving us European troopers a chance to try new products! I'm a college student that is currently cutting for summer.

With a big list comes a big scoop:

- L-Citrulline (6g) : L-Citrulline has the ability to increase nitric oxide production, allowing your blood vessels to expand and dilate. This ingredient in itself has many benefits such as aiding in shuttling nutrients to the working muscles, promoting healthy energy levels, and improving blood flow.

- Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (5g) : Creatine is capable of providing the working muscles with energy to allow you to push harder in the gym, all while helping to reduce muscle fatigue. It doesn't just stop there. If creatine is added to a solid training protocol, individuals have the ability to improve their overall strength and body composition.

- CarnoSyn Beta Alanine (3.2g) : Carnosyn has been shown to not only improve recovery time and muscle endurance but also delay fatigue.

- Betaine Anhydrous (2g) : It can aid in providing a pump during exercise, as well as improving blood flow and nutrient transport. Betaine is also able to help improve endurance where more work is able to be completed prior to fatigue.

- Agmatine Sulfate (1.5g) : It's used to aid in providing a pump/vasodilation and it is great for mental functioning such as mental health, stress management, and mental clarity

- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (500 mg) : Tyrosine can help with mental focus and cognitive function by increasing the levels of norepinephrine.

- Caffeine (Anhydrous) (250 mg) : Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation

- Theacrine (as TeaCrine) (100mg) : Teacrine is a great sustainable energy booster that doesn't cause irritability, jitters, or the normal crash associated with many stimulants

- Theobromine (100mg) : Along with the energy boost, expect to feel nootropic effects where you attain a feeling of relaxation

- Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate (68 mg): It is an ionic bond of caffeine and malic acid which can increase mental focus and energy (Infinergy). In addition, Infinergy increases thermogenesis which can aid in weight loss.

- N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI (20 mg): Enhances energy levels by utilizing fat and breaking it down into a usable energy source

- Hordenine HCI (20 mg) : It can help enhance muscular contractions (This allows you to have intense contractions during resistance training, breaking down muscle fibers to be rebuilt stronger and larger.

Worth saying that they are using the highest quality possible on beta alanine and creatine.

- Product is available in Fruit Punch (I think they may have discontinued this one), Grape Splash, Green Apple and Rainbow Sherbet. The one I got to try was Green Apple which was tolerable but not good. I've heard people say that the Fruit Punch one is horrible and Rainbow Sherbet is delicious.

- Mixability was fine, it is a big scoop with a lot of active ingredients, so it won't be 100% mixed but it was pretty close.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout.

I'm going to break down the effectiveness in different sections as I always try to do:

- Energy: The product gives clean and steady energy, but personally it was not enough; while it got me through my workouts without any problem, it didn't get me "hyped" to lift. There are different caffeine sources + teacrine mixed in here but I would have loved to see 300 mg of caffeine anhydrous instead of 250 + 68 of dicaffeine malate. I can see this being an important factor to people that are sensitive to stims or train late at night tho. It's to say I experience NO CRASH whatsoever.

- Muscle power: It was great, I took a break from creatine as my bottle ran out and as soon as I started using the product I could feel my lifts going up again even though I was (and still am) in a calorie deficit. I feel like muscle power makes a huge impact when cutting, not because you are maintaining your strength per se, but mentally it makes you not feel weak and kind of motivates you to keep going forward.

- Endurance: Everyone loves beta-alanine, it's one of those ingredients that works, and works very well, 3.2 grams (full clinical dose) gets you more and more reps when going for a long set or when training with rest pauses/drop sets, which is always nice. I loved this aspect of the product.

- Focus: There wasn't any besides the typical effect that caffeine has on alertness.

- Pumps: I'm not the biggest fan of L-Citrulline as I think there are better alternatives out there such as Vaso6 and Hydromax that require less than 4-6 grams to be effective. Nonetheless, pump was good but not great, like I mentioned on my Vasky review, if you want to go the extra mile you will need to pair Clash with Vasky to get the full muscle volume, pump and vascularity effects. All in all, by itself it was good but nothing mind-blowing.

I think that covers it all, as you can see the product delivers in key areas (besides focus, energy is up to your likings).

You get 20 servings out of the tub and its regular retail price is around 37 dollars, which is about 1.85 dollars per serv. We've seen cheaper products and we've seen way more expensive ones, given that you are getting high quality ingredients and most of them fully dosed, I think the price is not bad.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This should be one of your top priorities if you are looking for a pre workout that is not mainly energy based, but performance based. You have your endurance on point, your muscle power on point and solid pumps. However, when choosing between different products such as the ones that are at the top of this website's list, energy will be the defining factor. If you are looking for one that is not overly stimmed give this one a try, if you want high-octane energy, look elsewhere.
  • Green Apple: 5/10